Brow Remover (Commercial)

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203
    Another request: Please be sure it works if installed with Daz Connect.
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited August 2016
    bicc39 said:

Shouldn't you be working on the Aging Morphs, according to thread overdue?

Aging Morphs has already been submitted to Daz. All that's left is some promo renders. Me working on this does not affect it's timeline.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited August 2016
    barbult said:

Will do. If for some reason we cannot get connect to install the script properly it will have to be downloaded via dim or zip.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    Zev0 said:
    barbult said:

Will do. If for some reason we cannot get connect to install the script properly it will have to be downloaded via dim or zip.

Thank you, Zev0. I haven't had any problem with Daz Connect installing scripts. They install fine. Some of them just won't work when installed with Daz Connect. For example, the new UltraScatter and Draagonstorm's V4 Skins Auto Converter for Genesis 2 Female(s).

barbult said:
    Zev0 said:
    barbult said:

Thank you, Zev0. I haven't had any problem with Daz Connect installing scripts. They install fine. Some of them just won't work when installed with Daz Connect. For example, the new UltraScatter and Draagonstorm's V4 Skins Auto Converter for Genesis 2 Female(s).

That is something I will be speaking about to Daz later, why that is.

Zev0 said:
    barbult said:
    Zev0 said:
    barbult said:

That is something I will be speaking about to Daz later, why that is.

Thank you, that is great. I have written bug reports, but haven't received any information on what the problem is. They did confirm the issue with the V4 Skins Auto Converter for Genesis 2 Female(s), but only told me to install with Daz Connect instead. I didn't get any information about whether it is a problem in Daz Studio itself or whether the problem is the way the script was written. I do have other scripts products that work fine after being installed with Daz Connect, though.

• The issue is that some scripts are expecting other files that are used to be in specific places in reference to were the script is, using the standard content library structure. Products installed thru Connect are not installed in this structure, so the scripts can not find 'supporting' files.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,821
    Zev0 said:
    barbult said:

Assuming it doesn't work when installed with Connect --- because most script products haven't, to date -- Maybe in the product information on the product page, it can say, in gigantic glowing letters that leap off the screen and slap you silly, 'DO NOT INSTALL WITH DAZ CONNECT! IT WILL NOT WORK! USE INSTALL MANAGER OR MANUAL INSTALLATION! REPEAT, DO NOT USE CONNECT! YOU BEEN WARND! THIS MESSAGE WILL SELF-DESTRUCT IN FIVE SECONDS!"

Hey, when in doubt, yell.

I will find out first if it is connect compatible, if not, self destruct message it is:)

The issue is that some scripts are expecting other files that are used to be in specific places in reference to were the script is, using the standard content library structure. Products installed thru Connect are not installed in this structure, so the scripts can not find 'supporting' files.

Isn't the Daz Connect data directory structure beneath the SKU folder identical to the directory structure of a content library? I see people, runtime, etc. Some scripts seem to find their supporting files just fine, so there must be a way to do it. For example, UHT2 seems to work just fine when installed with Daz Connect. You had your hand in that one, so I hope the brow control product can also be made to work correctly from Daz Connect.

It is a pain for customers to have to manage a separate installation system (DIM or manual) for a few products, just because they don't work correctly when installed with Daz Connect. Even worse is the fact that Daz continues to offer Daz Connect as an installation method for existing products that are known not to work with Daz Connect installation. That just causes customer frustration and dissatisfaction with the products.

I just ask that you keep Daz Connect in mind when creating your scripts and make every effort to make them work with Daz Connect installation. Thanks.

edited August 2016

We will get clarification on this once it is in testing and the installers are made.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,874
    edited August 2016

Very interesting product and I hopefully will buy it.

I do not agree on Connect issue. Installing scripts with DIM it is just fine, so do not waste your development time on such small issue.

It is just not worth it, I think. And some people here does not know, how much time the development of such scripts can take.

Post edited by Artini on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    barbult said:

Isn't the Daz Connect data directory structure beneath the SKU folder identical to the directory structure of a content library?

Yes, but the major, in some cases showstopping problem seems to be the structure immediately above that — Connect essentally installs each and every product into its very own individual and independent content location. The difference this introduces into how a texture (or whatever) reference in one file finds the other file just plain doesn't work in a small number of otherwise perfectly working (if installed with DIM or manually) scripts. This is why things like the old Generation 4 Unimesh figures and their ExP morphs must not be installed with Connect.

FWIW, the moment I saw this was how Connect worked, I knew it would cause problems... 

• Another instant sell.  Can't wait for this one!  Nothing worse than a blonde character with creepy black eyebrows; unless that's what you are going for, of course...

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    edited August 2016

Another instant sell.  Can't wait for this one!  Nothing worse than a blonde character with creepy black eyebrows; unless that's what you are going for, of course...

LOL, blond hair & black eyebrows describes almost every blond and blonde actor in Hollywood for the past 50 years.

Is this product though a collaboration with the LAMH developers eyebrow product project?

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

Nope. No collaboration. Just good timing I suppose lol.

• SF-DesignSF-Design Posts: 986
    edited August 2016
    Sounds very useful :)
    Post edited by SF-Design on
  • DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

So any chance of an eyebrow maker to put eyebrows on these soon to be eyebrowless characters well at least for genesis 3 :)

• LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,610
    dkgoose said:

So any chance of an eyebrow maker to put eyebrows on these soon to be eyebrowless characters well at least for genesis 3 :)

maybe ;)

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    Lyoness said:
    dkgoose said:

maybe ;)

Interesting... Maybe!

• JimbowJimbow Posts: 557

Marry me.

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190
    Jimbow said:

Marry me.

the only sensible response to a wink like that. 

wow...

:)

j

I've been sort of waiting for this product to save teaching myself how to do it myself. On a albedo texture is enough work but then add in those normal maps, bump maps, and other maps and it's like that's a lot of work.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,892
    edited August 2016

nonesuch: Yeah. Some people are so blithe about 'oh, just take it to photoshop' and I'm like... there's ... there are all these DIFFERENT maps and I have to somehow make ALL of them match up and mesh?

Not to mention Normal maps.

(Not sure if the product will be able to handle them, though)

Post edited by Oso3D on
    edited August 2016

This product edits all maps assigned in a shader, including normals. It scrolls through each channel and if it detects a map, be it in bump, displacement, spec, it will apply the changes to them all. The script also now includes a save material preset option and will save the no brow textures to where ever you want, so whenever you click that preset, the no brow option will be present. You can also choose where to place the new maps, by default it will save to the same texture folder as the source skin, so it is all in one location.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    Zev0 said:

This product edits all maps assigned in a shader, including normals. It scrolls through each channel and if it detects a map, be it in bump, displacement, spec, it will apply the changes to them all. The script also now includes a save material preset option and will save the no brow textures to where ever you want, so whenever you click that preset, the no brow option will be present. You can also choose where to place the new maps, by default it will save to the same texture folder as the source skin, so it is all in one location.

Watch out for Daz Connect installed skins. DS won't allow us to save user files in the same "cloud" folders. Have you been able to overcome that limitation?

We will get to that bridge once we get there when we test how cloud structures are affected. Right now are still busy refining how the script works. Compatibility tests will come after.

edited August 2016

Here is shot of the updated script as it stands.

Capture.JPG
    470 x 676 - 56K
    Capture2.JPG
    465 x 345 - 40K
    Post edited by Zev0 on

Good news then for DAZ customers.

• Looking forward to this product; would make using fibermesh eyebrows (always my preference) much more feasible.