Post Your Renders like it's the year 2020!!!

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

want to scifi nepal a bit smiley mebbe a few nightshift props

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    Stezza said:

+1

great renders... nice find Misty 

you find the cutest mojis smiley

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Misty, beautiful Nepal scene with dramatic sky!

Dart, great scenery! Especially I like the top one, especially without people.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited April 2017

Thanks! Here's one I just finished - Stonemason's 'The Enchanted Forest' plunked into Woodlands (for the lighting and atmosphere) and added a spot light for the volumetrics. For the Skydome, I set it to not cast nor recieve shadows, then toss the color map into the glow channel.

Post edited by Chohole on

I didn't utilize any of it for the above image, but I've also gone through the whole kit (The Enchanted Forest), back when I first bought it, and saved all items in the scene individually to my Carrara browser. First I consolidated and optimized the shaders, then just before saving an item to the browser, I'd 'Send to Origin' so it loads in the center for my own convenience. Works great - there's a lot of great stuff in there! 

I just did the same recently with Faveral's Lake Village.

• Nepal, eh? I'll have to check that out. I like your scene there and I also really like eveything I've bought from Merlin. Nice, complete and efficient stuff!

These are both Merlin's Saxon Village

Thanks very much, I love those renders, the Saxon Settlement is still one of my favourite sets smiley

Nice job on the Himalaya set as well Mistara That's a real blast from the past lol

Sweet stuff... and Carrara love to render it!

edited April 2017

Just got another cool M4 character kit from Mortem Vetus 

This is one of the gray versions of Balverk

MV Balverk.jpg
    711 x 719 - 260K
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited April 2017

Here is Genesis 1, using the same kit as above, but with the smaller beard and the black version of beard. There are four versions, black, grey. small and wide. The morphs are for M4, so I'm not using those. I've tried all kinds of different facial and body shapes and they all look really cool with these textures! Bearded Lady anyone? Looked fantastic!!! LOL

I was working on making a Mage character, and was originally looking to make him rather jolly and round. But after trying this, I think I've found my Mage! We'll see.

Balverk Mage G1.jpg
    684 x 717 - 239K

Oh... and I've had this Genesis Expressions and Face aniBlocks in my wish list forever but when I went back to using M4 and V4 for my main hero and heroine, there it sat. There's a volume 2 in my list as well. Well, after just getting it on sale, I've finally seen how freaking awesome it is to work with! I love animating my own expressions, so I'm not sure if I'll even need the aniBlocks (I'll try them anyway, though) but the expression dials in the parameters tab is what I wanted - and they exceed my expectations! Bravo SimonWM! I freaking love these and can't wait to buy the next set and the one you've made for Genesis 2!!! Awesome!

The one I'm using above is Dubious

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Bravo SimonWM! I freaking love these and can't wait to buy the next set and the one you've made for Genesis 2!!! Awesome!

Thanks Dart.

My Pleasure, John! He has them available for Genesis 2 and 3 as well ;)

For V4, I really like Facial Expressions for V4, but also find that the expressions that come with Girl 4 can really help me get just the right look - just little tweaks on the dials can make all the difference, especially during animations.

That has been one of the things holding me back from going Genesis 1 or 2 as well. The pack I just got from SimonWM truly covers it for Genesis for me. The rest of the morph packs I have (I collected a LOT for Genesis 1 as they were first coming out, since Carrara 8.5 beta was really a fun trip!) help to dial those in really well.

edited April 2017

Dart,  Sonja has mentioned Randomizer by SimTenero in her Ice Dragon Art WIP's thread, in Art Studio, so often that I've added it to my wishlist.  While it is not an AniBlock it does randomize a characters looks, works on DAZ Dragon 3.  I asked about objects and Sonja say that many folks have had it work on morphing looks for many things with morphs not listed in promo.  It does not work in Carrara but the morphs/characters can be saved from DS. I would think that it would work great to create a crowd of folks with different looks.

Oh... it should work on most any Generation... promo does not say it is Generation specific.

Post edited by wgdjohn on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988
    edited April 2017

The Soul Sucker came out tonight!

Soul Sucker.jpg
    800 x 600 - 480K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    Stezza said:

nice work Stezza. 'At the going down of the Sun...'

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334
    head wax said:
    Stezza said:

nice work Stezza. 'At the going down of the Sun...'

+1 !!!!!!

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334
    edited April 2017

Spaceship

Doc1a.png
    800 x 600 - 277K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on

Cool! It looks like it runs on the power source I use to imagine alien stellar craft to run on back when I was young. I still try to remember the details I thought up about it. Te pressure of combusting gasses had nothing to do with it.

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

test on skin micro-reflections in presence of diffuse lighting, no postwork

129.jpg
    3600 x 2025 - 522K
  • UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Wow, looks great!  Carrara or Octane?

Eyelashes got weird.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

The skin looks very realistic!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited April 2017

Checking the water for toxins. 

Mistys' G3M wearing G3M space corps armor in TangoAlpha's ford.

ta test render test water.jpg
    1800 x 1350 - 309K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Yeah be careful - there's something in the water . . . wink

I can't wait to own that so I can go exploring myself! Yikes that (like all of TA's kits) looks Fan-Freaking-Tastic!!! yes

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

Wow, looks great!  Carrara or Octane?

Eyelashes got weird.

thank you UB, unfortunately the provided maps of this beautiful head scan come out this way within carara, anyway a good model to practice. a carrara render of course

thanks Phil, looking for realism as usual wink what displeases me is that all my efforts will be vain thanks to daz policies

edited April 2017

I know... more boring character images - but I just wanted to share this.

I've been building a Genesis 1 version of my Rosie character. She's pretty cool, so now I'll have three generations of actor for her. But as I was working on this one, I used the EYEDeas 3+ eye figures by Arki that I was using on my Genesis 2 vesion, and decided to tweak them some more.

I dialed in (for hours blush) on the Color, Highlight, Shininess, and Reflection channels for the Irises - mixing and matching various texture maps, tweaking values... trying to get the refraction in the cornea to fill with color the way we see real eyes when blasted from the side with light. I must say, I cannot get close to this result with either version of Genesis eyes, and I've heard that Genesis 3 eyes are even more of a PITA to get right.

These are fairly low-resolution screen grabs of test renders, but they show the effect well. 

Try to observe how the light hits the side of the face on one side, and the irises glow on the opposite side. That's the natural effect known to cinematographers as "Iris Gleam" and ever since I've learned of it I've been trying to get it right. This is the closest I've come so far, while also trying to fill the refraction in the cornea bulge with that filled effect.

Notice how the iris changes as it turns into or away from the light - as well as how the cornea's clear material fills with color from inside the eye when we see the side view (bottom image)

This is further helped by mapping the inside of the eye (separate mesh) and including a colorless, heavily refracted lense behind the iris in the pupil opening. It's (Arki's product) a model of the human eye - so with the help of some Carrara Shader magic, we can get some pretty cool results.

It has become common for some animators to 'fake' this effect with special lights, linked only to the eyes. I tried doing this before finding these, but we'd still need separate eyes, since we cannot separate individual parts of a figure with Carrara lights - but we can separate children which are parented, which is what we have here - but I don't need special lighting. The eye figures do it all for me! ;)

RT5E1.jpg
    586 x 1456 - 580K

yes  Dart, which EYEdeas 3+ are you using for your versions?   Would it perhaps be EYEdeas 3+ for Victoria 4 and Michael 4?  Hmm... should I also grab EYEdeas 3+ - Vol. 01 - Natural 1?  This is great that you are using the same eyes for 3 generations.  Keep up the great work... your hours of tweaking have paid off. :)

Do you use 3d.sk reference 3d scan with it's own premade skin?

This discussion has been closed.