Post Your Renders like it's the year 2020!!!

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    Jonstark said:
    Stezza said:

Tried to get a late 1950's early 1960's feel to this render.. The old shop in town..

That's amazing Stezza!  Really spectacular work.

me gaze zoomed to the buppie heart

• Mistara said:

I keep hitting the wrong button. Might sort some more out later...

shiny chrome  laugh

I'm a bit of a magpie with shiney things.

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

great use of octane within carrara indeed and great models too!

only the tires shaders could be adjusted a little bit imo but all the rest is perfect! bravo

• great use of octane within carrara indeed and great models too!

only the tires shaders could be adjusted a little bit imo but all the rest is perfect! bravo

Hi Magaremoto, Thank you for your comment and kind words, you are correct some of the shaders are unfinished though this is Carrara's internal render engine it still takes some time with complex shaders.

Hi Magaremoto, Thank you for your comment and kind words, you are correct some of the shaders are unfinished though this is Carrara's internal render engine it still takes some time with complex shaders.

really? bravo 2 times then yes

I'd like to have your talent in making such shaders! have you got a gallery @ daz or elsewhere?

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

i just recently picked up a few of the Bricabrake bikes in sale other day.

your results are encouraging

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738

I have a shed load of images I rendered in Carrara, not sure what size I'm permitted to upload, but here goes.

Chris, these renders are incredible!  They are each so well done it seems almost like each one deserves it's own comment.  :)  I'll start by pointing out that when I zoomed in on the helicopter, I realized I couldn't see anyone inside, that's alarming as it's lifting off the ground!  Could turn into a problem, or perhaps it's simply remote-piloted  smiley 

Really stellar work!

• great use of octane within carrara indeed and great models too!

I'd like to have your talent in making such shaders! have you got a gallery @ daz or elsewhere?

I do have a Daz gallery but it only consists of one image and that is rendered in Iray, I have animations stored on my HD I've never shown, I managed to get the render time down to 15 seconds per frame on this attached image from an animation going north (still in progress or slightly stalled ; ' ).

I have made many shaders over a period of time, if I get the time I'll package them together and post somewhere, maybe sharecg or deviant? somewhere convient?

Doc3.png
    1280 x 720 - 1M
  • Mistara said:

i just recently picked up a few of the Bricabrake bikes in sale other day.

your results are encouraging

Hi "your results are encouraging" yes indeed, if I can be of assistance let me know, would you like the HDRI I used in some of them, I adjusted it to suit Carraras engine being biased and such like for shadowing and shine? I still have it on a back-up drive.

• Jonstark said:

I have a shed load of images I rendered in Carrara, not sure what size I'm permitted to upload, but here goes.

Chris, these renders are incredible!  They are each so well done it seems almost like each one deserves it's own comment.  :)  I'll start by pointing out that when I zoomed in on the helicopter, I realized I couldn't see anyone inside, that's alarming as it's lifting off the ground!  Could turn into a problem, or perhaps it's simply remote-piloted  smiley 

Really stellar work!

Thank you for your kind words and yes it's a drone, people are so yesterday ; ' ) honestly though I have an animation of a different heli flying over a stonemason scene and that did have a guy in it..

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Chris - I particularly like this one of yours - as a keyboard player myself, I particularly like the keyboard in the forground (Yamaha Motif ES7? I had the XS7 at one stage).

• PhilW said:

Chris - I particularly like this one of yours - as a keyboard player myself, I particularly like the keyboard in the forground (Yamaha Motif ES7? I had the XS7 at one stage).

Hi Thanks again for the kind words, I think it was from sharecg.

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    PhilW said:

It really is incredible work, the texturing and lighting is perfect.  This kind of render is what convinces me of how Carrara's native render engine really was ahead of its time and can hold it's own against even modern unbiased render engines.

Jonstark said:
    PhilW said:

It really is incredible work, the texturing and lighting is perfect.  This kind of render is what convinces me of how Carrara's native render engine really was ahead of its time and can hold it's own against even modern unbiased render engines.

ditto, and the shader editor is very powerful indeed

• Jonstark said:
    PhilW said:

I remember reading it was in its day a full blown ray tracer, the only reason I use Iray is the speed and ease of doing lighting and shaders compared because I'm lazy ; ' )

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited October 2017

Like everyone else, I'm super impressed by the realism of your renders, Chris!

Do you mind a few questions?  I'm one of the newest members on this forum, and trying to learn.

Are these renders old, or did you do them recently?

It sounds like you said that all of them were done on the native Carrara render engine.  Is that correct?

Did you figure out a workflow that worked similarly in every image?  For example, do they all use HDRI's? (you mentioned making an HDRI, and shaders)

Do you have any general (or specific) tips in getting such incredible results?

Finally, you asked if anyone would be interested in your shaders or HDRI's.  Are you kidding?smileysmiley

Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited October 2017

I'll try that later ; ' ) I'm pretty useless at uploading by all accounts.

Worry not! Just get 'em up here - we can do the rest! ;)

I love my Strat, even though I'm actually a drummer. My brother plays a mean Bass! I use my Strat for writing the base rhythms of songs - and to have fun or relax.

My new e-kit lets me rock out in stealth mode! All my life drums have been illegal to play - until now! They truly thunder on stage, too! Glad they finally got them (e-drums) to a point where I can actually enjoy gigging with them!

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited October 2017

Q - So Chris, are you doing the modeling on these too?

My new e-kit lets me rock out in stealth mode! All my life drums have been illegal to play - until now! They truly thunder on stage, too! Glad they finally got them (e-drums) to a point where I can actually enjoy gigging with them!

...but I'll never (Never Ever) sell my amazing acoustic kit... Ever! ;)

edited October 2017

So this one is a frame of an animation? Did I read that right? Very cool! yes

I am currently rendering the animations related to this part of my story. I did do some animation to get this image, but it was all just for my storyboard. I'm eager to see how the actual animation turns out. I normally get really decent render times for my animations (I use Carrara native engine too) but for this one the particles tend to slow it down pretty good. But that's okay because I won't be able to sit at that computer for a while anyway! LOL

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

looking forward to your ani Dart yes

I do have a Daz gallery but it only consists of one image and that is rendered in Iray, I have animations stored on my HD I've never shown, I managed to get the render time down to 15 seconds per frame on this attached image from an animation going north (still in progress or slightly stalled ; ' ).

I have made many shaders over a period of time, if I get the time I'll package them together and post somewhere, maybe sharecg or deviant? somewhere convient?

please, share your renders worldwide, very few know what carrara can do on photorealistic side

edited October 2017

Worry not! Just get 'em up here - we can do the rest! ;)

I love my Strat, even though I'm actually a drummer. My brother plays a mean Bass! I use my Strat for writing the base rhythms of songs - and to have fun or relax.

hey DB, great kit and you have the right look

carrara, drums and a beer what more can you ask for?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

groupies heart

surprise

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988
    th3Digit said:

groupies heart

on oxygen cool

...and on a Hellbound Train!

In addition to volumetric lighting and some clouds, I'm also using Carrara's Fog primitive in this one. Adds nice steam along the train.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
    edited October 2017

Dart - very impressive - love the way you have done the lights on the train with volumetrics and flares, looks so cool! Does that use a photometric profile?

Post edited by PhilW on
    edited October 2017
    PhilW said:

Dart - very impressive - love the way you have done the lights on the train with volumetrics and flares, looks so cool! Does that use a photometric profile?

Nope. Just a map, much like the one you've used in the Rocket Engine particles tutorial, as a gel in a spot light. Then I use "Fog" in the light cone which then utilizes that gel as volumetric light ;) Then I tinker with fall-off and such to get the look the way I want. For the second light, which is simply a duplicate of the first, I slightly change some settings and rotate it a bit to give it some subtle variety from the first.

Thanks, by the way. I've been dying to get The AntFarm's BorderLine train into my browser (with CAR shaders) since I bought it a while back. inception8's Project Xion collections made for a great futuristic environment for it - I think. 

EDIT: I should also add that Howler is great. A simple little hand-drawn shape of directional motion drawn with the freehand selection tool, then blur the selection and use the motion (or any of the other) blur filter - adds that nice subtle motion effect, which really helps take the stillness out of a still render. Sometimes I'll also make another selection somewhere else and filter it a bit to add some additional imperfections if I think it will help the image. So I'll make a selecion, blur the selection, apply a filter (often purposely overdoing it some) and then back it off with the interactive undo slider - which I'm really fond of for stills.

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
This discussion has been closed.