Post Your Renders like it's the year 2020!!!

Comments

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235

Looks great! Don't know the history of your PC woes but glad you are up and running and here.

• Looks great! Don't know the history of your PC woes but glad you are up and running and here.

Thanks a lot! :)
    Well, History was that i was one of the lucky Seagate Hard Drives that gets broken very fast (ST3000DM001 https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/222267-seagate-faces-lawsuit-over-3tb-hard-drive-failure-rates) that was about one or two years ago and i was on with my Notebook in that time but it haven't the right hardware to be able to use Octane and Carrara in a good way, it sure have an i7 but the slowest one ever produced (1,6GHz) so Carrara renders would also take a long time.

It also was my third Seagate Harddrive, the first was a 1TB external HDD from Maxtor/Seagate, it stopped working, the second was a 1TB SSHD from Seagate, also stopped working, the third one was the 3TB Barracuda from Seagate and it stopped working. Not i've got a WD Red NAS Drive since end of June and it works great. I wanted to use Octane 4 first but didnt get it to work unless i saw that my graphics card are not supported by Octane 4, so i went back to Octane 3 again now.

• My latest foray into Carrara's NLA...

I love this!

..so much so had a little play myself:

Doc2 by Selinita

NOTE:

1. I used SwishMax 4 (now abandoned) to create the animated eyes
    2. The resultant alpha-avi was applied as a mixing control to a specific, segregated shading area of the UVd model (see detail below - click for the bigger picture.)
    3. NLA clips (I'm not too familiar with these either!) were used to animate the model - I quickly learned not to mix Quaternion and Angles on the same timeline! ..across different timelines - OK
    4. As a side: I also used SwishMax 4 to convert my 'final' Carrara avi to animated gif - it gives a better result and there isn't the horrendous change in clip speed

• Bird rendering season entry...

This is a great entry - did you make the fence yourself???

Selinita said:

My latest foray into Carrara's NLA...

I love this!

..so much so had a little play myself:

Doc2 by Selinita

NOTE:

1. I used SwishMax 4 (now abandoned) to create the animated eyes
    2. The resultant alpha-avi was applied as a mixing control to a specific, segregated shading area of the UVd model (see detail below - click for the bigger picture.)
    3. NLA clips (I'm not too familiar with these either!) were used to animate the model - I quickly learned not to mix Quaternion and Angles on the same timeline! ..across different timelines - OK
    4. As a side: I also used SwishMax 4 to convert my 'final' Carrara avi to animated gif - it gives a better result and there isn't the horrendous change in clip speed

Nicely done Selinita - cute! 

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

I loved using SwishMax ... from the beginning to the end laugh

Selinita said:

Bird rendering season entry...

This is a great entry - did you make the fence yourself???

thanks Selina... Yep, modeled the fence after being inspired by one of your posts yes heart smiley

• Thanks... Yep, [I] modelled the fence...

Looks great! yesyesyes

• Nicely done Selinita - cute!

Thanks for your graciousness.

I've improved my technique and discovered that Carrara will not handle transparent avi files as textrure maps - best to import sequenced png files instead.

Boris ERROR by Selinita

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334
    Selinita said:

Nicely done Selinita - cute!

Thanks for your graciousness.

I've improved my technique and discovered that Carrara will not handle transparent avi files as textrure maps - best to import sequenced png files instead.

Boris ERROR by Selinita

Cool !!!

• Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited July 2019

Here's another...

SlinkyWalk by Selinita

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on
  • I forgot the detail - more detail added to the SwishMax eyes (click for the bigger picture.)

Selinita said:

I forgot the detail - more detail added to the SwishMax eyes (click for the bigger picture.)

These are adorable Selinita. Great work on the eyes and the animations!

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited July 2019

Very fun stuff!

I've been playing around trying to make dynamic cloth. I was frustrated with my results animating it, so took it in a different direction and concentrated on using it to try and get a realistic looking drape in a still image. I'm fairly pleased with the results.

Screen Shot 2019-07-24 at 7.05.52 PM.png
    1404 x 1560 - 484K
    Dynamic asian princess 01.jpg
    3096 x 1828 - 1006K
    Dynamic asian princess 03.jpg
    3096 x 1828 - 971K
    Post edited by evilproducer on
  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970

Very fun stuff!

I've been playing around trying to make dynamic cloth. I was frustrated with my results animating it, so took it in a different direction and concentrated on using it to try and get a realistic looking drape in a still image. I'm fairly pleased with the results.

Excellent result for a still shot... Is your step by step available?  heart Silene

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

enabled blurred reflections.

rendering some of the native content presets i never rendered before.

blurredrefl.png
    800 x 600 - 485K
    8min55sec.png
    800 x 600 - 499K

Very fun stuff!

Excellent result for a still shot... Is your step by step available?  heart Silene

+1 yes

I'm gonna make a wild guess...did you use Displacement Painting in the Vertex Modeler? Looks great!

Mystarra said:

enabled blurred reflections.

rendering some of the native content presets i never rendered before.

Very pretty Mystarra. There is so much Native Content I have never explored. Thanks for sharing.

Very fun stuff!

+1 yes

I'm gonna make a wild guess...did you use Displacement Painting in the Vertex Modeler? Looks great!

I used Bullet soft body physics. No displacement.

edited July 2019

@SileneUK_Carrara: What did you want to know in regards to the step-by-step? The physics part of it, or the modeling part of it? All of it?

The crib notes version is that I wanted to try a simple article of clothing for a non-animated scene. So, I posed my figure using a slightly modified canned pose. I then moved the arms out a bit as I didn't want them colliding with the dress model at the start of the simulation. For the dress, I had an idea of what I wanted. I wanted an off the shoulder look. I started with a basic box with nine polys per face. I then moved the vertices around till I had a very rough dress shape. I cut out the bottom of the dress. I then smoothed the model and converted it. From there, I refined the shape a bit more, cut polys out for the neck and the arm, smoothed and converted again, and then used soft select to manipulate the polys to conform better to the shape of the model. I can't remember if I smoothed it again in the vertex modeler.

For the physics part of it, it will be easier to post screen caps. It took a bit of trial and error to find the settings that worked best for me.

A couple notes that are important to remember: I modeled the clothes on the already posed figure. I mentioned a bit ago that I had moved the arms away from the body so I could model more easily. I didn't move the arms back until after the simulation had run. The other thing to note is the material properties for the dress and the A4 model. I found the dress behaved better in the simulation if I got rid of the bounce in the properties for both objects.

Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 3.20.13 PM.png
    502 x 1904 - 118K
    Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 3.20.33 PM.png
    494 x 600 - 62K
    Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 3.20.47 PM.png
    506 x 1782 - 133K
    Post edited by evilproducer on

Cat in Carrara

@SileneUK_Carrara: What did you want to know in regards to the step-by-step? The physics part of it, or the modeling part of it? All of it?

The crib notes version is that I wanted to try a simple article of clothing for a non-animated scene. So, I posed my figure using a slightly modified canned pose. I then moved the arms out a bit as I didn't want them colliding with the dress model at the start of the simulation. For the dress, I had an idea of what I wanted. I wanted an off the shoulder look. I started with a basic box with nine polys per face. I then moved the vertices around till I had a very rough dress shape. I cut out the bottom of the dress. I then smoothed the model and converted it. From there, I refined the shape a bit more, cut polys out for the neck and the arm, smoothed and converted again, and then used soft select to manipulate the polys to conform better to the shape of the model. I can't remember if I smoothed it again in the vertex modeler.

For the physics part of it, it will be easier to post screen caps. It took a bit of trial and error to find the settings that worked best for me.

A couple notes that are important to remember: I modeled the clothes on the already posed figure. I mentioned a bit ago that I had moved the arms away from the body so I could model more easily. I didn't move the arms back until after the simulation had run. The other thing to note is the material properties for the dress and the A4 model. I found the dress behaved better in the simulation if I got rid of the bounce in the properties for both objects.

Cheers!   Will try this on my next legacy clothing item that I want to fit better to my figure.  Will try to post the result!  heart Silene

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

I have actually found Carrara’s softbody to be excellent for draping, I still use it when modeling stuff that needs a draped item, just a shame bone and vertex animation was never supported except using workarounds,

VWD is good but it changes the mesh and Dforce in DAZ studio has no rigid bullet physics to work in tandem with it.

Carrara you can drop a ball in a sack etc.

Very fun stuff!

+1 yes

I used Bullet soft body physics. No displacement.

Thank you evilproducer for the detailed explanations you provided. I had never tried soft body physics before in Carrara, so you inspired me to give it a whirl. Found a pretty easy flag tutorial, worked pretty well. Then I went to try to add a cape blowing in the wind on a rigged figure and...all hell broke loose. indecision

Spent hours yeterday digging into the forums and found some very detailed discussions of work arounds that I'll need much more time to invest in to explore.

Cat in Carrara

Awwwwe...I've a got a cat here...on the table next to me watching me use Carrara...
    (Well actually he is alseep ignoring me for now.)

I have actually found Carrara’s softbody to be excellent for draping, I still use it when modeling stuff that needs a draped item, just a shame bone and vertex animation was never supported except using workarounds,

I just discovered that with my first foray into soft body physics yesterday...

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

just a barmaid named Suzon

Very nice work Wendy!

Very nice work Wendy!

Nice glowing effect with the liquids! yes Silene

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Wendy, you achieved a nice likeness with "A Bar at the Folies-Bergère" by Edouard Manetyes

This discussion has been closed.