Mollytabby's Art Workshop

Comments

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,160
    edited April 2018

This image was created for the PC Inspiration Challenge (3 April end date). I love to try different things, so the PC Inspiration Challenge is perfect for me. 

A Glance Between Strangers

18-03-31-PC-0304-A-Glance-Between-Strangers-web.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by Mollytabby on
    edited April 2018

This is the head and shoulders shot of Frankie with postwork.

18 04 03 Frankie 2 portrait dazstudio.jpg
    1000 x 1333 - 1017K
    edited April 2018

Salem and Her Wolf

I had to render this one as three separate elements as my machine kept crashing. Postwork done in photoshop.

SALEM AND WOLF final.jpg
    2000 x 2500 - 2M
    edited April 2018

Frankie - full length portrait, with postwork.

18 04 01 FRANKIE FULL LENGTH dazstudio.jpg
    1000 x 1333 - 880K
  • WandererWanderer Posts: 957
    edited April 2018

@Mollytabby - You've got some great stuff here. I love Salem and Her Wolf, and that glance at the top of this page is great, too. Looks like a great start. By the way, I really like what you did with your pose for the challenge. Nicely done. And the mirrored version was a nice touch. Frankie is cool, too.

Post edited by Wanderer on

@Wanderer , thank you :-) I'm really challenging myself to improve. I wish I'd started the pose challenge earlier but my Salem and Her Wolf took a long time to work on. My machine kept crashing when I introduced the Wolf, I think I was pushing my iMac a step too far. I loved your pose and what you did with the final scene. I was complex, mysterious, and set off the figure beautifully :-)

Oh, thanks... that's very kind. It's not as good as I hoped, but thank you again.

• themidgetthemidget Posts: 287

You have some amazing renders here.  I like the first one best because I am drawn to her expression.

• Payat ParinPayat Parin Posts: 980

I like this render. It shows elements of friendship and respect for animals. Is the wolf from AM?

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I've been so busy I hadn't even noticed you started a thread. Welcome to the Art Studio! You have some really amazing art in her. I thought I recognized that girl in the banner! Wow! Congrats on that one! :)

• NoswenNoswen Posts: 358

Some very nice renders here! And congratulations on the promo image smiley

@themidget , thank you. She is one of my favourites too :-)

@soloman_borroa , thank you, the wolf is Wolf 2 and I used the LAMH 2 Iray Catalyzer. I'm so impressed with AM's work, that I've put a number of his products on my wishlist.

@Knittingmummy , thank you :-). I don't know how you find the time to get around the forums you are so busy! 

@Noswen, thank you for your kind words. I never expected to ever be selected for a promo image. I was lovely :-)

edited April 2018

My latest PC Inspiration Challenge submission. The scooter is the qualifying item. I had an inkling of the idea for a story-style render and toon-style seemed to be the best way to do it. 

18 04 05 PC insp The Getaway.jpg
    1500 x 1125 - 2M
    edited April 2018

My recent render for the New User Posing Challenge.

The pose created is the 'jumping' female figure, with the pose mirrored to Ollie.

18-03-29-March-Posing-Contest-Scene-5-web.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 2M
    edited April 2018

My submission to Riversoft Art's competition.

ONE BONE AT A TIME

Angus was already flirting with Aiko as Rose berated Salem for taking the training session too far.  Bernard was in pieces. Didn’t Salem know it would take Yuka and rBot hours to rebuild him one bone at a time?

11-04-13-ONE-BONE-AT-A-TIME-WEB.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
  • themidgetthemidget Posts: 287

You are really good at facial expressions.  I love the use of the skeletons in the last one.

@Mollytabby - I was hoping nobody else would come in and offer something as good as yours (and the writing entry was nice), but alas, not to be. ::wink:: Nicely done on the Riversoft Art entry. Shows a good use of the tools. 

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

snip

@Knittingmummy , thank you :-). I don't know how you find the time to get around the forums you are so busy! 

snip

Well, not as easily as I usually do. LOL. I should be back around more after Camp NaNo when my mad rush of words isn't quite so mad. :) I absolutely love your entry to RiverSoftArt's contest. That's fantastic! Just wow!

Thank you @themidget. I sometimes do use some expression sets, and then tweek them to suit what I'm trying to convey, but I also work on faces for quite a while as I'm trying to learn how do my own expressions. I particularly play around with the eyes, the brows and the mouth. I study faces quite a lot now I'm learning Daz. Sometimes I end up with the really odd looks!

Awe, thank you @Wanderer and @Knittingmommy , I loved working on this. To be honest, once I had the idea I would have continued with it regardless of it being a competition entry. I adore my Aiko 8 girls, they are so full of character :-)

edited April 2018

My latest entry into the PC Inspiratations contest.

Imagination

When you read, you always have friends.

18-04-17-Imagination-web.jpg
    1805 x 1900 - 2M
    edited April 2018

Today I've taken the day off from contest entries to play with the freebie dress, Wicked Party Games, that I got from Daz yesterday. I fitted it to FWSA Giada for Aiko 8 and then updated it using three different shader packages.

1. DG Iray Fabrics of Asia Shaders

2. Fabric Factory: Realistic Texturing - Iray Shader Presets

3. @AllenArt 's free shaders (in Freebie's here). On this render, I added a cardigan as AllenArt has just produced a set of sheer shaders.

As you can see it is possible to do a stunning job with updating this. The dress is so versatile and I can see me using it a lot.

18 04 17 WICKED PARTY TIME 1.jpg
    600 x 800 - 165K
    18 04 17 WICKED PARTY TIME 2.jpg
    600 x 800 - 165K
    18 04 17 WICKED PARTY TIME 3.jpg
    600 x 800 - 151K

Lovely views. @Mollytabby - I really like the book one. It reminds me of a library poster. The nicely reworked dress images are really cool, too. I sometimes like to tinker with materials like this--but I think you're really good at staging things. The colors and styles work well together. It's cool to see them together like this.

Thank you @Wanderer smiley , you are so kind. I love playing with Daz Studio. It can be frustrating at times, but also very rewarding!

I love the freebies because it's an opportunity to expand the wardwrobe. Sometimes things work, sometimes not. It's always worth a try though. 

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086

Keep up the great work.  These are a terrific series of renders and images.

- Congrats on the Riversoft Anniversary Challenge.  One Bone at a Time is excellent.

Thank you so much, @Diomede. I can't believe how far I've come in six months (though I do spend every day trying to learn more). When I started I really struggled, but those figures in the viewport do have a habit of taking over your life. I have so much more to learn ... and probably not enough years left, LOL.

Ha! I picked it! I knew your image was a keeper! Congrats again, you deserved it with that image.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Congrats on the win!  It was a most excellent image!

Really like the reading one as well.  And ya, I get the feeling I need a couple of lifetimes to learn everything I want to lol.

Great job on the re texture as well.

Thank you @Wanderer - and congratulations on your win too smiley I love all the challenges on the Daz Forum - it helps to keep my old grey matter buzzing. 

Thank you, @IceDragonArt ... I'd really love to be half as good as you. I love your work! On the retexturing ... it was something a close to my heart. I've always wanted a tartan reading chair and stool and this is probably as close as I'm going to get to having one, lol. 

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,671

Congrats on your Peoples Choice win in the Riversoft Anniversary Challenge! I love the image and voted for it.

Some really nice renders here. Amazing that you have only been doing this since October. Wow! You are a natural!

• ItsCeoItsCeo Posts: 471

Hey there!  Somehow I missed this thread.  Welcome, and awesome work!  I have to say, I don't like Ollie at all... but your expression you gave him dancing really made me laugh!  I love it - thanks for that!  I can't wait to follow your progress - you're rockin it!