Mollytabby's Art Workshop

Comments

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,160

Thank you, @luci45 smiley, I'm still stunned (in a good way) about winning a prize! I love using Daz Studio and I'm delighted with what it's possible to do with it. I read masses of forum threads and write down the tips in notebooks. I'm on my third one now, lol.

@ItsCeo , thank you, the expression is out of a set so I can't take the credit with that one but I do mess about with expressions a lot. I like the way you can change the feeling of an image using look on a character's face.  I actually love Ollie, but I can see why he splits opinion. I also use him to morph and create characters. The guy stood by the chair in the reading image, started out as Ollie :-)

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I love the render for the PC Inspiration contest. It looks amazing. Congrats on your People's Choice win. I'm not surprised at all. It was a great image. I loved it as soon as I saw it. :)

@Knittingmommy, thank you smiley I'm really getting into posing since doing the Posing Challenge ... thank you for encouraging me to have a go! I loved your render for the Riverart Contest to bits! There was something about the pose and the look in her eyes that tugged at the heartstrings. 

Ah, thanks. It was a quick one, but I'm very happy with how it turned out. I'm really glad you are getting into the posing. Those New User Challenges are really great for stretching your wings into areas you haven't tried before.

Definately! There is so much I want to learn. I need to go back and do some more New User Challenges.

edited April 2018

The Zombie Disposal Team

It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen ...

"I hope this isn't going to take long, I'm meeting my date in forty minutes."

This is my entry for the monthly PC April 2018 Render Challenge. I'll probably try to do another one as this one didn't start out as being my entry. I was reading the Sukura thread in The Commons and realised I hadn't done much with my Sakura purchases since I bought her ... so out the girls came. This is the result.

I picked 'Look at Me' as my prize from @RiverSoftArt's Challenge and this is the first image I've used it in. I love it! Yesterday, I also bougth Eye Clock Pose Control, Pose Randomizer and Expression Mixer in the 60% off sale. As you can see I'm a big fan!

18-04-21-zombie-disposal-team-web.jpg
    2000 x 1538 - 2M
    Post edited by Mollytabby on
  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,376

The Zombie Disposal Team

It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen ...

"I hope this isn't going to take long, I'm meeting my date in forty minutes."

This is my entry for the monthly PC April 2018 Render Challenge. I'll probably try to do another one as this one didn't start out as being my entry. I was reading the Sukura thread in The Commons and realised I hadn't done much with my Sakura purchases since I bought her ... so out the girls came. This is the result.

I picked 'Look at Me' as my prize from @RiverSoftArt's Challenge and this is the first image I've used it in. I love it! Yesterday, I also bougth Eye Clock Pose Control, Pose Randomizer and Expression Mixer in the 60% off sale. As you can see I'm a big fan!

Thanks @Mollytabby for your support!  I am glad you liked your prize too!  You were the clear winner in the People's Choice contest!  smiley

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Thank you @Wanderer - and congratulations on your win too smiley I love all the challenges on the Daz Forum - it helps to keep my old grey matter buzzing. 

Thank you, @IceDragonArt ... I'd really love to be half as good as you. I love your work! On the retexturing ... it was something a close to my heart. I've always wanted a tartan reading chair and stool and this is probably as close as I'm going to get to having one, lol. 

Aww thank you!  You made my day lol.  I think you are a fair bit further along than I was as far as how fast you are picking things up!  I am quite looking forward to watching your evolution so to speak

@RiverSoftArt, thank you! I absolutely adore the new products I've purchased. Wow! to Expression Mixer smiley

@IceDragonArt, I'm not sure I'm actually evolving, lol. Some days it one step forward and then three steps back. Often, when I read the forum I come across something that makes me realise I've been doing things the hard way! The forums are great for learning and I never stop reading as much as I can. 

edited April 2018

Foxy Sakura

foxy-sakura-web2.jpg
    1620 x 1800 - 2M
    edited April 2018

Moving Day

... and Ollie already has a date with new neighbour Betty.

This was completed before Edie 8 was launched. I would be fun to try this out with Edie some time in the future.

18-04-24-moving-day-web.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 2M
    edited April 2018

Edie 8 Test Render

I think she's an amazing character with lots of potential.

18 04 24 Edie test with Paisley hair.jpg
    800 x 800 - 630K
    edited April 2018

Challenge us ... if you dare

18-04-26-CHALLENGE US-finalWEB.jpg
    1667 x 2000 - 2M
    edited April 2018

Test Renders of Dottie for Edie 8

SaveSave

18 04 27 Dottie head and shoulders.jpg
    800 x 960 - 525K
    18 04 27 Dottie full length 2.jpg
    600 x 1200 - 223K
    edited April 2018

This is a Fantasy Character created from Edie 8, Stylized Megan and Dottie.

18 04 29 Edie Megan morph fantasy figure.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 1M
  • WandererWanderer Posts: 957
    edited April 2018

@Mollytabby - Okay, all of your images have been really good here, but I especially like this image. Their expressions are great. Makes me want to know more about these characters. Nicely done.

Challenge us ... if you dare

Post edited by Wanderer on

I learn something new every day lol!  Pretty sure there is a lifetime of learning in this program.

I love your elf girl and the look on the characters faces in Moving day are great!

Challenge us if you dare, great posing, lighting and expressions.

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

Love a lot of your renders but particularly love the challenge one. 

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Ollie and Betty on a date should be interesting, lots of fun energy in that one. And the Challenge Us is really spunky too. Nice job! 

@Wanderer, @IceDragonArt, @Worlds_Edge and @Novica, thank you so much for your very kind words. I love working with Daz Studio, it has opened up a whole new world or artwork for me. I'm particularly fond of Genesis 8 because of the ability to do some suble expression tweaks which make the face say volumes with a simple look. I can't watch TV in the same way now because I'm studying faces, lol. 

@IceDragonArt, I'm finding that mixing Edie with other characters comes up with some really interesting new fae-style characters. I'm working on setting up a render at the moment with the little elf above and two others for comparison. I haven't tried Skin Builder yet, which I bought after you recommended it, but it is on the list  to do. There are so many things to try, lol. This week it has been my task to learn how to transfer G3F morphs to G8F. I managed to do three characters but having gone back in I can't seem to repeat the process. I think I need to start again from scratch on my transfer figures.

The Challenge was a deliberate move on my part to show that Aiko could be a lot more than her normally cute image. I think I managed to pull it off. I had a lot of fun with that one and started off by researching Katana female warrior images. 

edited April 2018

The Three

Having created one new eleven character with Edie 8 as the base figure (see above), I added her to the genetic character mix of two more. This is the outcome. She is 50% of the mix with Mei Lin added to the middle figure and Mika to the third one.

18 04 30 The Three final.jpg
    1500 x 1200 - 1M

LOVE the Mei Lin addtion although all three are super cute!

I sadly can't watch any type of show without immediately spotting the less well done effects lol.  It does make me appreciate the really well done ones though, although I can spot those now too.

Mei Lin does work well, doesn't she @IceDragonArt smiley. What I like about Edie, is that she has so many options when morphing and that the other PA figures in the Edie family have interchangable elements, such as makeup, skin and eyes.

I love that we have such wonderful special effects in our films and tv now, though I know what you mean about the less well done ones.

• themidgetthemidget Posts: 287

They look fantastic.  Really pixie like.

This is a Fantasy Character created from Edie 8, Stylized Megan and Dottie.

I really love this one. It's fantastic!

I love all of your artwork. Your Edie renders look fantastic. If you ever feel like sharing, I'd love to see your process from raw render to finished image after post work.

• WandererWanderer Posts: 957

I agree with @Knittingmommy. It would be nice to learn from your process, but no pressure.

Lol, @Knittingmommy and @Wanderer, you both made me chuckle. I never think of myself as having a process because I'm always trying something different :-) You have no idea how much I discard because it didn't work out.

I'll give it some thought and see what I can come up with. If I can deconstruct the one you like @knittingmommy, I'll see if I can do some with that (and if I can remember the steps / brushes I used, lol). It will be a few days though as I'm working on a couple of other things. 

edited May 2018

No Regrets 1

This was my recent entry to the PC Inspiration Contest. I did two versions as I thought it a shame not to do a close up. Very little post work on these at all. Mainly some small areas of tidying up of some strange shadowing on the wrinkles on the shirt sleeves.

18 05 01 PC inspiration no regrets 1.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 1M
    edited May 2018

No Regrets 2

18-05-01-No-Regrets-2web.jpg
    1400 x 1800 - 2M
    edited May 2018

I've been playing around with the base Genesis 8 Female base figure. I don't know why, but I've never thought to use her until I saw what @Llynara did with her in the Altern8 thread. It's about half way down this page I'm sorry, I don't know how to link directly to a single post. 

Altern8 was a day one purchase for me. I loved @DivaMakeup's preview images and I love her product. I'm still learning, but it's such a useful shader system and I really appreciate the update she provided because it's made it even easier to use.

This is a quick render of G8F base female using 'Aiko 7 Maps' (the first one) rather than 'Karyssa No Maps'. Otherwise the rest of the recipe is the same as Lynara's (I think!). I couldn't find any makeup options in my Genesis 8 essentials folder, so I think there probably aren't any. I went for the natural look smiley for this test. I have various other G8F figures I can take makeup options from.

18 05 03 Genesis 8 shader test.jpg
    600 x 1200 - 991K