My phone will not charge complaint thread

Comments

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,440
    edited August 2019
    kyoto kid said:
    Mystarra said:

in the 70s it never occurred to me to appreciate it. 
    i did love the music at the time, went to every rock concert i could get tickets to
    every opera at Lincon Center i could get tickets. saw la boheme like 8 times. never been to the met tho. 
    the 3 tenors.  a lot different from a rock concert, but just as energetic

missing those years fiercely now.  the music, the platform shoes, variety shows, donny n marie, sonny n cher
    match game, beat the clock, saturday morning cartoons, the base line from barney miller
    tho i do love my 2019 phone.

where are the hover cars

crying i cant renenber how to do the hustle.

...saw a gal enter the pub I was at in platform shoes with decidedly 70s clothing.  Sadly the place didn't have a lit dance floor. 

Yeah ,really old school here.

As to concerts , saw the Moody Blues (backed by a symphony orchestra), Yes, Emerson Lake & Palmer and JC Superstar (original cast) onstage in New York at the Mark Hellinger Theatre.. 

Yeah, the '70s.  What I remember of them was worth remembering.  Working at the Kennedy Space Center, seeing the last of the Saturn 5's launch carrying the 1st space station "Skylab".  My little apartment on the Florida east coast beach, surfing, my first motorcycles, bicycle riding miles to the gym several times a week.  I did get to see the Moody Blues in Orlando and I think Quicksliver there too.  Several trips to early early Walt Disney World when it was just "The Magic Kingdom".  Finally realizing I was gay.  Several trips to the gay nightlife in Miami, Ft. Lauderdale and Key West.  The now defunct "Marlin Beach" gay resort in Ft. Lauderdale with the basement drinks bar that had a window into the swimming pool.yes  The basement dark room activities at the wild leather bar "Mother's" in Miami,blush  The faux hurricane party with faux lightning, thunder, and rain at a bar in Key West.  and I remember automobiles, BIG automobiles, "land boats" we'd call them now.  How anybody ever parked those things without shoehorns I don't remember.  When you went on vacation you could pack luggage for four, and your horse in the trunk.surprise

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • Mystarra said:

does manually posing g figures with rotation wires trigger jcms or slaved morphs?

I'm not sure what you mean, but the JCMs are (almost always) linked to the actual bends so yes they get set however the joint was posed.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

i'm out of pepsi... almost out of dark chocolate, my dry roasted peanuts are down to a few handfuls...

i may have to go to the store...

can't i just stay in bed?

dark chocolate is a thinly disguised laxative

• Mystarra said:

i'm out of pepsi... almost out of dark chocolate, my dry roasted peanuts are down to a few handfuls...

a girl has needs

• Chohole said:
    Mystarra said:

chimichanga.

not sure i'm using the term algorithm in my scifi scribbles correctly.  just means math equation?

My manager won't let me install a printer and monitor.  not sure if cuz i'm 55 and legally blind.  I haz the skills.

An algorithm doesn't even need to be mathematical at all.   An algorithm is a step by step method of solving a problem.     I do my main grocery shop at a company that has no shops, instead has enormous climate controlled warehouses staffed by robots and they are programmed, amongst other stuff, with algorithims the tell them what to substitute for out of stock items.

This is an interesting description  

An algorithm is a fancy to-do list for a computer. Algorithms take in zero or more inputs and give back one or more outputs. A recipe is a good example of an algorithm because it tells you what you need to do step by step.

All the physical universe is mathematic, from the smallest quark to the largest celestial body.  So in a way, all algorithms are mathematic too.  In a way.  wink

Is it okay if I use a laptop when it is thundering outside if it is not plugged into the wall?

As long as you are not outside where the thunder is, yes, yes it is.

kyoto kid said:

kyoto kid said:

i really need to hurry up and win the lottery...

Don't jump the line.  Wait your turn! angry devil

but i'm pooooorrrr... and i need assets... and i need a faster computer... and i need a nice house... for me... not just my models. WAAAAAHHHHHH

...I need to pay down some past due bills. The faster computer can wait.

Stay out of debt!

...not easy when living on a meagre fixed income and then someone hoovers an sizeable chunk out of it  making it much more difficult to get by each month (although as I mentioned the deductions were suspended while they review my case, but I still owe past utility bills that mounted up during all the months I was short funded, hopefully they will rule in my favour, and then I'll get back everything they deducted which I'll finally be able to pay those past due balances off with).  

I didn't say it was easy.  I know for a fact that it is not easy.  But "easy" is not in the scope of my advice.  I said stay out of debt.  If the conversation was about staying in high school, I would say "stay in school".  No matter if it's easy or not.

also also also also... i should have applied for more jobs this weekend but again... aggitated.

Work the 5 days on finding work, rather than the 2 days.  You'll improve your odds of success by 150% and then you can take the 2 days off with a clear conscience when nobody's gonna answer their mail anyway.

I think you misinterpretted my strategy (or I wasn't clear). I wasn't saying I didn't apply during the week or even over the weekend. Just that I should have applied to more.

What is amazing is that based on my current success rate I would have exactly the same results if I had applied to NONE.

Ahem, "none YET" is how you should approach this.

kyoto kid said:
    Mystarra said:

i did love the music at the time, went to every rock concert i could get tickets to
    every opera at Lincon Center i could get tickets. saw la boheme like 8 times. never been to the met tho. 

missing those years fiercely now.  the music, the platform shoes, variety shows, donny n marie, sonny n cher
    match game, beat the clock, saturday morning cartoons, the base line from barney miller

where are the hover cars

...saw a gal enter the pub I was at in platform shoes with decidedly 70s clothing.  Sadly the place didn't have a lit dance floor. 

As to concerts , saw the Moody Blues (backed by a symphony orchestra), Yes, Emerson Lake & Palmer and JC Superstar (original cast) onstage in New York at the Mark Hellinger Theatre.. 

Yeah, the '70s.  What I remember of them was worth remembering.  Working at the Kennedy Space Center, seeing the last of the Saturn 5's launch carrying the 1st space station "Skylab".  My little apartment on the Florida east coast beach, surfing, my first motorcycles, bicycle riding miles to the gym several times a week.  I did get to see the Moody Blues in Orlando and I think Quicksliver there too.  Several trips to early early Walt Disney World when it was just "The Magic Kingdom".  Finally realizing I was gay.  Several trips to the gay nightlife in Miami, Ft. Lauderdale and Key West.  The now defunct "Marlin Beach" gay resort in Ft. Lauderdale with the basement drinks bar that had a window into the swimming pool.yes  The basement dark room activities at the wild leather bar "Mother's" in Miami,blush  The faux hurricane party with faux lightning, thunder, and rain at a bar in Key West.  and I remember automobiles, BIG automobiles, "land boats" we'd call them now.  How anybody ever parked those things without shoehorns I don't remember.  When you went on vacation you could pack luggage for four, and your horse in the trunk.surprise

Wait a minute.  You had a horse?  And it had luggage?

Mystarra said:

If what you're eating now is making the pipes straight, then I suggest you may need to find a better source of dark chocolate. 

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072

Fussy pup.

Tjohn said:

Fussy pup.

aww freckle nose

freckle bellies the best bellies to rub heart

• Tjohn said:

Fussy pup.

There's enough skin there for a whole extra dog.  And enough attitude for two more.  I think puppy was hangry.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    kyoto kid said:
    Mystarra said:

where are the hover cars

..wasn't the bar at Marlin Beach where they filmed a scene for the adaptation of the Right Stuff?

Yeah remember driving a big 1970 Buick LeSabre in Driver Ed.  Had no trouble parallel parking that battleship.  I have to laugh today when someone with a Toyota or Subaru gives up on parallel parking in a space I could easily put the big ol' Buick into.

...ugh, woke up to some Speed Racer wannabe at the hotel a block away revving the engine of his far too expensive exotic sports car this morning disturbing the otherwise relative and uncharacteristic calm.  I kept expecting to hear him blow the engine as he just kept on doing it over, and over, and over.... 

Surprised he didn't run out of petrol considering the lousy mileage those cars get.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Complaint: Way too much male content on the front page today, want some skimpy ladies, fastsurprise

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,104

Complaint: Way too much male content on the front page today, want some skimpy ladies, fastsurprise

Complaint I am broke so I cannot afford that male content.

• Complaint: Way too much male content on the front page today, want some skimpy ladies, fastsurprise

Complaint I am broke so I cannot afford that male content.

I know this feeling. I don't often have a use for the fellas but for the time being I have to make do with an androgynous slider. Some of the gals make pretty cute guys.

Stealthy Complaint: Trying to use dForce skirt while sitting. The skirt stretches too much while at the same time getting everything stuck ontop of the legs. Very annoying. I finally got closer to the look I've been working on all week. Now I just have to solve this issue of the skirt getting stuck.

i'm put off putting out bux for diego, 

in light of my lost question about a product

mann i got like every dragon texture add on in the store, none of them making me dragon happy  dohh

i like the eastern dragon jewels, but it's not real looking.

i mean just looking at it, can tell it's not a real life dragon.

Mystarra said:

mann i got like every dragon texture add on in the store, none of them making me dragon happy  dohh

I never saw a dragon in real life, so I would not know.

Mystarra said:

I never saw a dragon in real life, so I would not know.

true they aren't as common as real life gargoyles.

Tjohn said:

I think if you have the money and space you can even bring one home.  One site I found has some for $39.99 but 44.99 for shipping.  That does not include the cage, the food, and everything to keep him healthy and happy (such as several girlfriends heart)

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,172
    TigerAnne said:
    starting to think i been cheated by life ...
    Mystarra said:

is this supposed to be the way it should'a been ?

Be careful doing that.  Some people have actually ruptured a disk doing this.  Or a vein.  Ballroom dancing is far safer.  And hotter!

Not to mention shaken idiot syndrome!  laugh

I doubt that is the database's fault.  It goes to the programmer(s) who wrote the code for the forum.  It's easy enough to add an index to a column in a database, then querying on that column's data is fast.  Even on large text columns, like the one that holds the body of the posts.  There a thing called Full Text Index.  At least, in a good database.  30K records is not a large database.  30 million records, yes.

DanaTA said:

Dana

Database indexes make READS faster, but they can greatly slow down updates and deletes, particularly when there are a lot of columns in the index or if there are a lot of indexes on a lot of tables that are related to each other.  That's because an update must update the data rows as well as all the related rows/columns in all of the indexes.  A delete will have the effect of deleting not only the rows in the base table, but also any matching rows in each of the indexes.  Both updates and deletes are logged so that a failure can be rolled back.  All of this can take a lot more time.

In some DBMSs, the indexes are separate from the data.  In others, the indexes reside in the same physical file(s) as the base tables.  There's a think called a "clustering index" that uses the same columns (not a copy of the columns) from the data table that they map.  A clustering index is always in the same order as the data table upon which it is based.

Well, I didn't say put an index on every column!  With just 30K records, a good database will not take that much time to update/delete a record or 100.  Not talking about Access (a dog - no insult to actual dogs).  Even with stealing the Rushmore database technology from VFP, it was still a dog.  But MS SQL Server, Oracle...good databases.  Clustered index is good for certain uses...such as an Identity column.  Such a column is good for relations and joins in stored procedures and such, not for the end user to do a search on.  the end user should never be exposed to the key,  (or should I say the key should necer be exposed to the end user?) but many programmers do just that, sadly.

Dana

...'bout time.  The only G8 I use is G8M as there are much nicer more "everyday" characters than for G3M.  Just wish there was a Skin Builder Pro8 for Male characters.

edited August 2019
    Mystarra said:

i'm put off putting out bux for diego, 

in light of my lost question about a product

...birds?  Sadly they all flew the coop to that other site. 

I guess AM could take a shot at creating some, but I have the feeling he's rather busy with four footed ground hugging critters.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    Tjohn said:

laugh  laugh  laugh  

Dana

Mystarra said:

Maybe for you, not for me.  And I love dark chocolate.  It's supposed to be good to help lower blood pressure, too!

Dana

kyoto kid said:
    kyoto kid said:
    Mystarra said:

where are the hover cars

..wasn't the bar at Marlin Beach where they filmed a scene for the adaptation of the Right Stuff?

Yeah remember driving a big 1970 Buick LeSabre in Driver Ed.  Had no trouble parallel parking that battleship.  I have to laugh today when someone with a Toyota or Subaru gives up on parallel parking in a space I could easily put the big ol' Buick into.

Same for me with my 1969 Chrysler Newport!  I could fit that thing into tight spaces.  Even back then folks were surprised.  I've seen spaces that I could've fit that thing into that are taken up by a Prius!  It's amazing.

Dana

edited August 2019
    DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:
    kyoto kid said:
    Mystarra said:

where are the hover cars

Same for me with my 1969 Chrysler Newport!  I could fit that thing into tight spaces.  Even back then folks were surprised.  I've seen spaces that I could've fit that thing into that are taken up by a Prius!  It's amazing.

Dana

...it's even worse when someone parks a Smart Car with 6 feet in of space front and 6 feet of space behind (and then they are between 12" - 14" away from the curb at a slight angle).  I've actually seen that. 

When I watch how some people try to parallel park I don't know they ever got their licences. It's a very simple routine, but I guess it's become a lost art like the technique of medieval stained glass.  They never line up correctly, often cut too tight of a turn when backing in, and I've even seen some actually try to do it entering the space by driving in front first.

All I can say is I from what I see on the streets every day, I hope they never, ever perfect the flying car, or I'm going to have to move to some secluded island in the South Pacific.

Had a friend who drove a big old 4 door early 70s Dodge Polara when I lived in New Orleans. it was amazing to ride with him, bombing down those extremely narrow side streets in that behemoth. Never once sideswiped a parked car and he could park it like a pro in some of the tightest spots as well.

...now that's a ride.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:

Maybe for you, not for me.  And I love dark chocolate.  It's supposed to be good to help lower blood pressure, too!

Dana

Yeah, dark chocolate is my one and only now.  Milk chocolate is too sweet and slimy.  I believe confirmed chocolate eaters gravitate toward higher quality and toward dark chocolates as we get older.  Gone are the days when a penny Tootsie Roll was a treat (*blech*)  My favorite non-specialty chocolate?  Dove solid dark chocolate Easter bunny.  I munch the ears first! 

edited August 2019
    kyoto kid said:
    kyoto kid said:
    Mystarra said:

where are the hover cars

I don't know about the movie thing, but here's an article about the Marlin Beach Hotel http://www.somanymen.com/MarlinBeachHotel/  And some pictures https://www.google.com/search?q=marlin+beach+hotel+fort+lauderdale&tbm=isch&source=hp&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjp86uwupvkAhWkzlkKHUloCUkQsAR6BAgJEAE&biw=1920&bih=877#spf=1566648089465

As for the big car dilemma...  In the '90s, when I lived in Reston, VA (20mi NW of Wash.,DC) I lived in a condominium complex that had been built in the late '60s  By the '90s, cars were getting smaller again and they fit quite comfortably in the parking spots, but for a year or so in '93 we had a 1966 Lincoln Continental (about as big as cars got) and when we parked it, it stuck out like a sore thumb. (picture queen bee among regular bees) I tried to imagine the whole parking lot full of those sized cars.  Oy! surprise

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • i don't remember the last time i had to parallel park. i did... ok... but usually there isn't a need to.

non-complaint: i've managed to resist another sale! i almost gave in today but i really don't need an more models. i mostly need clothes, hair, accessories, and props. doesn't stop me from wanting more pretty girls for my collection but i have 12 genesis 8 and 12 genesis 3 gals.

I in barnes n nobles. They make a yummi grill cheese sammich   

Who(m?) ever thiught up coffee shop in bookstore was brilliant

This discussion has been closed.