• Happy Birthday.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,440
    edited August 2019

♪ Happy birthday to Tjohn ♪

♪ Happy birthday to you ♪

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    edited August 2019

Non-complaint:  Weather here has been perfect for over a week.  Partly cloudy, non-humid, low 70sF during the day, low 60s at night.  Outside my kitchen widow, bees, butterflies, birds, groundhogs, rabbits, & mowed grass.

Complaint:  I have no f$%$&%*$&%^'n car.crying  New neighbors are smokers, we share the same air.angry  How do you argue with a surly guy with tattoos on his face? frown (ans: very carefully)

Non-complaint:  My budget is healthy.smiley

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

a BIG Happy for your Birthday !!

my hot dog is too big

does size matter in hot dogs?  hog dots?

• i asked too much of my computer.... it tried to render my scene but it was just too much for it. it crapped out and then refused to save what it did render. so i screen captured it in sections. now i have to try to stitch it all together again.

or...

try to render it again... which is whay i'm doing but... i have a feeling it isn't going to work either. i may have trim the scene further and do 3 or 4 passes to get it done.

but first

i'm hungry...

If it does that again before you do anything else like open DAZ studio again, find the temporary render folder, it will be there

C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp

meh posted in this thread again, hope it helps though

I tend to do something and by the time I think to look there there isn't anything there. Life hates me sometimes for being so beautiful. *sigh*

• Did someone bring cake? Happy Birthday!

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,104

Did someone bring cake? Happy Birthday!

The only cakes I got are polygon based. I am looking for the one I got at RDNA before it closed down.  If not, I have others.  Good news is that they have no calories or fat or anything bad.  Bad news they are made out of polygons.  Instead of food dye it uses shaders or texture maps or both.

been a long time dream of mine

print up a tarot deck of my renders  this looks promising  not terribly spensive, they do the card case too

13 minutes until work starts so got to get ready.

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

Complaint: This PA sale hit at the WORST time so far this year for me budget wise. I can only look at the wishlist items that are at historic lows and whimper at the lack of funds to buy them!

• JonnyRay said:

Complaint: This PA sale hit at the WORST time so far this year for me budget wise. I can only look at the wishlist items that are at historic lows and whimper at the lack of funds to buy them!

I just tell myself I'm exercising restraint by not buying anything. Look at me being restrained...woohoo... yippee... cryingcryingcrying

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670
    edited August 2019

I'm thinking of joining the Platinum Club again so that I can buy petipet's space items at a discount.

Post edited by starionwolf on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,172

Happy Birthday, tjohn!

I hope you have a great day!

Dana

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited August 2019
    Tjohn said:

Happy Birthday to me.

..congratulations on your most recent trip around our central G-Type main sequence stellar primary which in turn rotates around the core of our  galaxy, which in turn is travelling through the expanding universe.  That's a lot of mileage logged in one year.

...in less astrophysical terms:

Happy, Happy Birthday.

happy birthday pw.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 848K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on

I got a complaint that I feel like I cannot complain here.  Not that it is really against the TOS but I think it might be TMI that would be undertstood by half and grossed out by most.  Enough said about that.  Opps I said too much

complaint  at work we share the shipping pc.  my co worker logs in and chainges the display resolution.

for some reason win7p not remembering display settings in our profiles.  i can barely see the screen to change the display settings back to what comfortable for my vision.  need a way to lock the settings to my display settings.  

• I got a complaint that I feel like I cannot complain here.  Not that it is really against the TOS but I think it might be TMI that would be undertstood by half and grossed out by most.  Enough said about that.  Opps I said too much

An assumption has now formed in my head. A hot water bottle does the trick for me. Plus lots of salty snacks.

non complaint

volumetric clouds in carrara

the next trick is an infinite ocean.  using replication on ocean

Non-complaint:  I'm still all excited about my recent mini-adventure to Chautauqua to hear Rachmaninoff: Symphony #2  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQtoOWqZ_J4  I love heart the 1st & 3rd movements and the 4th too, heck the whole damn thing.  The four movements in turn take you through despair, hope, beauty and joy.  A palace of sound, a perfect symphony.smileyyes

But also today after yet another exhausting walk to the grocery story and post office (although I must admit it's getting easier dealing with not having a car anymore, but slowlyfrown) I came home and collapsed for a mid-afternoon nap and listened to some Dvorak.  A whole CD of Dvorak serenades.  The Serenade in E and the Serenade in D.  I like the first one best but I missed a lot of if because it was just out reach of my consciousness as I drifted in and out of dreamland.

Music to nap to.  Dvorak: "Serenade in E" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRcbDMg56yg&t=1373s

e minor is half step down from e, but what is e major?  is it half step up?  or that the sharp?  so what is major?

edited August 2019

...major and minor are scale modes.  in a minor scale the third and seventh note of the octave are lowered a half step For example in C major, the sequence is C D E F G A B C (all the "white keys" on a piano keyboard) while for the C minor scale the notes are C D- E♭ F G A B♭ C which produce more richer harmonies and what some feel as being a more "melancholy" rather than "bright" sound.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited August 2019

Kyoto kid's explanation is correct.  He's describing the sequence of notes in Major and minor scales (and there are also other types of scales beyond just major and minor).

To answer your questions about a "half step down" from E the answer is E-flat(♭), and a "half step up" from E is E-sharp(#).  These identify single notes.  But with the complication that this naming convention results in B# and C♭being the same note! surprise  And the same applies to E# and F♭ (wrong: see footnote)frown There's a perfectly logical reason for it but it makes your brain hurt.sad 

A scale can be based on any starting note so it's possible to have an E-Major scale and an E-minor scale as well as an E♭-Major scale, E♭-minor scale, E#-Major scale and E#-minor scale.

And if you pick out a selection of 2, 3, or 4 notes from a scale you create a "chord" and each cord type has a name (i.e. tonic, dominant, sub-dominant, mediant, sub-mediant, augmented, 7th, 11th, etc.)  And the chords can change from one to another in certain limited ways to create various moods.

It's all quite simple (just kidding) once you work with it for 60 years.frown   I get along better with physics, cosmology and rocket science.laugh

But exactly NONE of those details are necessary to listen to it and enjoy it.indecision   In fact I sometimes think that people who compose music are at a disadvantage for not being able to hear music without dissecting it and analyzing its structure and technique.  It's like trying to enjoy a puppy by carving it up to see what makes it a puppy.  An autopsy report on the puppy may be interesting to some but completely misses the point of a puppy.  That's why I try to describe my feelings about a piece rather than it's technical details. 

Edited to correct facts.

*WRONG!!!  B# is C, and C♭ is B, Whereas E# is F, and F♭is E  The difference depends on which "Key" you're writing in.  The goal is to name each note of a scale with a unique and consecutive letter of the alphabet so sometimes to meet this goal you have to use one of the alternative names for thoses two notes.  I could explain "Key" but won't.  (*brain 'sploding*)

My computer is acting crazy so I probably should take a shower.

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,904

Happy Birthday to Tjohn!

Kyoto kid's explanation is correct.  He's describing the sequence of notes in Major and minor scales (and there are also other types of scales beyond just major and minor).

To answer your questions about a "half step down" from E the answer is E-flat(♭), and a "half step up" from E is E-sharp(#).  These identify single notes.  But with the complication that this naming convention results in B# and C♭being the same note! surprise  And the same applies to E# and F♭frown There's a perfectly logical reason for it but it makes your brain hurt.sad 

A scale can be based on any starting note so it's possible to have an E-Major scale and an E-minor scale as well as an E♭-Major scale, E♭-minor scale, E#-Major scale and E#-minor scale.

And if you pick out a selection of 2, 3, or 4 notes from a scale you create a "chord" and each cord type has a name (i.e. tonic, dominant, sub-dominant, mediant, sub-mediant, augmented, 7th, 11th, etc.)  And the chords can change from one to another in certain limited ways to create various moods.

It's all quite simple (just kidding) once you work with it for 60 years.frown   I get along better with physics, cosmology and rocket science.laugh

But exactly NONE of those details are necessary to listen to it and enjoy it.indecision   In fact I sometimes think that people who compose music are at a disadvantage for not being able to hear music without dissecting it and analyzing its structure and technique.  It's like trying to enjoy a puppy by carving it up to see what makes it a puppy.  An autopsy report on the puppy may be interesting to some but completely misses the point of a puppy.  That's why I try to describe my feelings about a piece rather than it's technical details. 

...and there are other modes like Doric, Mixolydian, Lydian, Phrygian, Locrian, Pelog, Pentatonic, Whole Tone, and Octatonic

Then to really throw a spanner in the works there are "derived" modes like Olivier Messiaen's Modes of Limited Transposition which I studied back in college.

Yeah it can really hurt the brain sometimes.

My computer is acting crazy so I probably should take a shower.

...hopefully not with the computer. 

This discussion has been closed.