My phone will not charge complaint thread

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,172
    kyoto kid said:
    DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:
    kyoto kid said:
    Mystarra said:

in the 70s it never occurred to me to appreciate it. 
    i did love the music at the time, went to every rock concert i could get tickets to
    every opera at Lincon Center i could get tickets. saw la boheme like 8 times. never been to the met tho. 
    the 3 tenors.  a lot different from a rock concert, but just as energetic

missing those years fiercely now.  the music, the platform shoes, variety shows, donny n marie, sonny n cher
    match game, beat the clock, saturday morning cartoons, the base line from barney miller
    tho i do love my 2019 phone.

where are the hover cars

crying i cant renenber how to do the hustle.

...saw a gal enter the pub I was at in platform shoes with decidedly 70s clothing.  Sadly the place didn't have a lit dance floor. 

Yeah ,really old school here.

As to concerts , saw the Moody Blues (backed by a symphony orchestra), Yes, Emerson Lake & Palmer and JC Superstar (original cast) onstage in New York at the Mark Hellinger Theatre.. 

Yeah, the '70s.  What I remember of them was worth remembering.  Working at the Kennedy Space Center, seeing the last of the Saturn 5's launch carrying the 1st space station "Skylab".  My little apartment on the Florida east coast beach, surfing, my first motorcycles, bicycle riding miles to the gym several times a week.  I did get to see the Moody Blues in Orlando and I think Quicksliver there too.  Several trips to early early Walt Disney World when it was just "The Magic Kingdom".  Finally realizing I was gay.  Several trips to the gay nightlife in Miami, Ft. Lauderdale and Key West.  The now defunct "Marlin Beach" gay resort in Ft. Lauderdale with the basement drinks bar that had a window into the swimming pool.yes  The basement dark room activities at the wild leather bar "Mother's" in Miami,blush  The faux hurricane party with faux lightning, thunder, and rain at a bar in Key West.  and I remember automobiles, BIG automobiles, "land boats" we'd call them now.  How anybody ever parked those things without shoehorns I don't remember.  When you went on vacation you could pack luggage for four, and your horse in the trunk.surprise

..wasn't the bar at Marlin Beach where they filmed a scene for the adaptation of the Right Stuff?

Yeah remember driving a big 1970 Buick LeSabre in Driver Ed.  Had no trouble parallel parking that battleship.  I have to laugh today when someone with a Toyota or Subaru gives up on parallel parking in a space I could easily put the big ol' Buick into.

Same for me with my 1969 Chrysler Newport!  I could fit that thing into tight spaces.  Even back then folks were surprised.  I've seen spaces that I could've fit that thing into that are taken up by a Prius!  It's amazing.

Dana

...it's even worse when someone parks a Smart Car with 6 feet in of space front and 6 feet of space behind (and then they are between 12" - 14" away from the curb at a slight angle).  I've actually seen that. 

When I watch how some people try to parallel park I don't know they ever got their licences. It's a very simple routine, but I guess it's become a lost art like the technique of medieval stained glass.  They never line up correctly, often cut too tight of a turn when backing in, and I've even seen some actually try to do it entering the space by driving in front first.

All I can say is I from what I see on the streets every day, I hope they never, ever perfect the flying car, or I'm going to have to move to some secluded island in the South Pacific.

Had a friend who drove a big old 4 door early 70s Dodge Polara when I lived in New Orleans. it was amazing to ride with him, bombing down those extremely narrow side streets in that behemoth. Never once sideswiped a parked car and he could park it like a pro in some of the tightest spots as well.

...now that's a ride.

A friend of mine had a Polara.  It's basicly the Dodge version of the Chrysler Newport.  I could lay down on the seat, front or back, and not touch a door with my head or feet!  That is a roomy car!  You couldn't really feel the speed on the highway, either.  You could easily break the law big time without noticing if you didn't pay attention to the speedometer.

The Newport, at least the one I had, had a 383, and posi-traction rear end.  Weighed 3,000 pounds!

Dana

DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:

i'm out of pepsi... almost out of dark chocolate, my dry roasted peanuts are down to a few handfuls...

i may have to go to the store...

can't i just stay in bed?

dark chocolate is a thinly disguised laxative

Maybe for you, not for me.  And I love dark chocolate.  It's supposed to be good to help lower blood pressure, too!

Dana

Yeah, dark chocolate is my one and only now.  Milk chocolate is too sweet and slimy.  I believe confirmed chocolate eaters gravitate toward higher quality and toward dark chocolates as we get older.  Gone are the days when a penny Tootsie Roll was a treat (*blech*)  My favorite non-specialty chocolate?  Dove solid dark chocolate Easter bunny.  I munch the ears first! 

Oh, always the ears first!   laugh

Dana

i was going say... you can't wear a car...

or can you?.....

wear a car.jpg
    640 x 480 - 55K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

...yes

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,321
    kyoto kid said:
    Petercat said:

The white one is my daily driver. When I go to downtown, I park at the mall and take a cab the rest of the way.
    I almost bought the green one, I could park it anywhere and no one would argue.
    Really, it was an attractive deal. I could have rented it out for proms and weddings.

...yeah, but fuel economy of that OT Skot 64 APC must be horrendous even compared to the Cadillac hearse.

...and Czech/Polish built, could be difficult getting parts. 

However, for the Zombie Apocalypse, the OT 64 would have it hands down over the Caddie.

That's what finally killed the idea, parts availability.
    I had a friend in a nursing home when I bought it. Took him to dinner in it (lost the chess game, as usual).
    He loved the car - it got him bragging rights.
    He was the only resident who went for a ride in a hearse...
    And came back.

edited August 2019

...cool. There's someone here in Portland who drives around in a black Cadillac hearse. 

If I ever got back into driving (and could afford it) I want one of these:

I'd love to drive it around town wearing black suit pants, a white shirt, a black tie and retro black plastic rimmed sunglasses.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,440
    DanaTA said:

i was going say... you can't wear a car...

or can you?.....

I think he's outgrown that outfit.  It's ready to become a hand-me-down to his little brother.enlightened

• i'm sleepy... with the Annual Premiere Artist Sale convince me to break my vow of no spending?

edited August 2019

...bugger, local weather service just issued an orange flag alert here due to dry hot windy conditions this week.  Hoped we could get through this summer without any wildfires for once.  

Bad enough the Amazon Rainforest and Alaska are on fire.

Upper 90s forecast for midweek as well.

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,904

I think he's outgrown that outfit.  It's ready to become a hand-me-down to his little brother.enlightened

...or sister. Don't be casually chauvinistic, dude! cheeky

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited August 2019
    Mystarra said:

she did ibm cards.  wonder if she talking bout key punching.  i did keypunching in highschool years. was my 1st job

In my first (IT) job, I got the company to eliminate punched cards, keypunch machines, and that card sorting machine in the computer room.  They put it in front of the window to the hallway so that they could run a job and sort a bunch of cards when visiting VIPs got a tour.  But it never looks good when the old machine drops cards on the floor or the batch job abends.  That company regularly outwitted itself. 

D'oh!  surprise

Post edited by Subtropic Pixel on
  • kyoto kid said:

...bugger, local weather service just issued an orange flag alert here due to dry hot windy conditions this week.  Hoped we could get through this summer without any wildfires for once.  

Bad enough the Amazon Rainforest and Alaska are on fire.

Upper 90s forecast for midweek as well.

Better for the whole world to burn up in parts over time rather than all at once!  You see, there is a big plan after all.  laugh

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,440
    edited August 2019
    TigerAnne said:

Yeah, I thought about that but "younger sibling" just didn't have the same punch.cheeky

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • TigerAnne said:

Yeah, I thought about that but "younger sibling" just didn't have the same punch.cheeky

No punching... I'm the only one allowed to punch. Though given the fact that my arms are sore from holding a cat for a little while today I'm not sure my punch carries much... punch...

edited August 2019

...what about fruit punch?

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072
    TigerAnne said:

No punching... I'm the only one allowed to punch. Though given the fact that my arms are sore from holding a cat for a little while today I'm not sure my punch carries much... punch...

Did the cat object to being held?

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072

Hello! -Oh-Oh-Oh...

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

oh hoh hoh its majick

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

errrgg is there an imaging editor can antialias sub pixels?

big fat blotchy pixels

too sexy for my pixel, on the catwalk, on the catwalk, too sexiii

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,104

Huh?  I put in a movie disc to get to the main screen after all the previews, but it started the movie instead.  Why?  

...fire warning was raised to a red flag level today through tomorrow.

• Tjohn said:
    TigerAnne said:

not at all. she fell in love with me. when i would put her down she would find me and make oogly eyes at me until i picked her up again. 

• i asked too much of my computer.... it tried to render my scene but it was just too much for it. it crapped out and then refused to save what it did render. so i screen captured it in sections. now i have to try to stitch it all together again.

or...

try to render it again... which is whay i'm doing but... i have a feeling it isn't going to work either. i may have trim the scene further and do 3 or 4 passes to get it done.

but first

i'm hungry...

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,036
    edited August 2019

i asked too much of my computer.... it tried to render my scene but it was just too much for it. it crapped out and then refused to save what it did render. so i screen captured it in sections. now i have to try to stitch it all together again.

or...

try to render it again... which is whay i'm doing but... i have a feeling it isn't going to work either. i may have trim the scene further and do 3 or 4 passes to get it done.

but first

i'm hungry...

If it does that again before you do anything else like open DAZ studio again, find the temporary render folder, it will be there

C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp

meh posted in this thread again, hope it helps though

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Mystarra said:

errrgg is there an imaging editor can antialias sub pixels?

big fat blotchy pixels

too sexy for my pixel, on the catwalk, on the catwalk, too sexiii

Why would you want to antialias me?  Oh, and the big fat blotchy comment....

Oh wait, I'm the SubTROPIC Pixel; completely different corporeal entity.  I don't know who that other guy is; maybe he is blotchy after all.

Nevermind, carry on!

winklaugh 

Tjohn said:
    TigerAnne said:

not at all. she fell in love with me. when i would put her down she would find me and make oogly eyes at me until i picked her up again. 

Did you feed her?  Play with her?  Rub her tummy?  Wait a minute.  We ARE talking about a kittycat, aren't we?  surprisedevil

i asked too much of my computer.... it tried to render my scene but it was just too much for it. it crapped out and then refused to save what it did render. so i screen captured it in sections. now i have to try to stitch it all together again.

or...

but first

i'm hungry...

I'm hungry too.  We have a few options.  Leftover spicy wings, BLT sandwiches, or tacos? 

or...

but first

i'm hungry...

If it does that again before you do anything else like open DAZ studio again, find the temporary render folder, it will be there

C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp

meh posted in this thread again, hope it helps though

That's good to know, thank you!

Tjohn said:

Hello! -Oh-Oh-Oh...

Hello!  How have you been lately?

Dana

kyoto kid said:

...fire warning was raised to a red flag level today through tomorrow.

surprise  Stay safe!

Dana

...thank you. keeping fingers crossed.

However, we did have a brush fire on the northeast side of town late in the afternoon which closed down a couple major streets in the area and rerouted one of the city's major bus lines during the PM commute.  Fortunately no injuries or structures involved.  Not looking forward to the next couple days.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

So I have a new microwave that lets you mute the beeps, which I thought would be neat.  I live alone, but it would be a great feature for someone wanting to heat something up at night and not wake anyone.  I muted the beeps, but then I had to double-check that the buttons were registered until I got used to it.   Then the power went out, and it started beeping again.  Now I hate beeps.

edited August 2019

...sort of like after you finally got the VCR clock set properly, then suddenly the power goes out, and  when it comes back on, the VCR clock is flashing 12:00 again.

This discussion has been closed.