My phone will not charge complaint thread

Comments

• why am i not getting notifications when stuff happens in here? how am i supposed to charm everyone with my wit if i don't get notifications? its like walking into a fastfood place and going up to the counter and the person who should be greeting you and taking your order just stares at you. and you wait. and wait. and wait. and wait... 

odd occurrance: i usually have at least one render going overnight. but last night... nothing. was this a conscious decision? or did i just run out of ideas? did i forget? am i losing my mind?

i don't even remember what i was working on...

but at least i can ignore today's sale...

check your spam box?

It stopped going there. I get occassional notifications. Probably a good thing. I spend a lot of time coming here when I should be constructive.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited August 2019

all the misc paper on my desk triggered an ocd attack.

and now is attacking all the stuff in my content and poser libs i installed and never rendered.
    i need to start over and just install things i'll render in the near future.

anyone used one of these loopdesk thingees?  https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07C2X4R9M/
    aka poopdecks.

are all the beatles SIrred?  or just Sir Paul McCartney
    Sir Ringo?

what about Mick, Bowie, Rod Stewart?

What about Julie ANdrews?  well, she wouldn't be Sirred.  Damed?

Did Sir Arthur Conan Doyle start out as a Sir?

Post edited by Mistara on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072

• Tjohn said:

Clearly the cat was maintaining order. The child was operating in a dangerous manner. Good job kitty!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited August 2019
    Mystarra said:

and now is attacking all the stuff in my content and poser libs i installed and never rendered.

anyone used one of these loopdesk thingees?  https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07C2X4R9M/
    aka poopdecks.

Sir Ringo?

Sir Paul and Sir Richard Starkey (Ringo).    The other two never got further than their MBE before they became deceased.  We also have Sir Mick & Sir Rod.  Bowie was offered and turned it down.   And yes Julie andrews is indeed a Dame.
    Sir Arthur Conan Doyle was knighted way back in 1902 for his work during the Boer War.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,440
    Mystarra said:

aka poopdecks.

Sir Ringo?

I'm pretty sure Mr. Doyle's first name was not Sir.indecision

And as for Julie ANdrews... being damed is preferable to being damned.surprise

Only Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr have been knighted.  The other two (George Harrison and John Lennon) are both dead but interestingly, apparently George Harrison turned down an honor because it was less of an honor than McCartney's knighthood. https://ultimateclassicrock.com/john-lennon-george-harrison-not-knighted/ indecision

Don't know about Mick, Bowie, and Stewart.  Don't give a hoot.  Never cared for any of them. cheeky

You would have found out if youhad read my post just in front of yours

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,904
    edited August 2019

Hey, remember that time when a bottle of liquid green soap got a crack and spilled out on the kitchen floor, and you didn't see it? yes Remember when you slipped in it, and skidded all the way into the living room? yesyes LOL, that kind of sucked! But the good news was that the floor was kind of all soaped up for the next mopping. yesyesyes

Post edited by WinterMoon on
  • chaynawolfsmoonchaynawolfsmoon Posts: 675
    edited August 2019

complaint: why are tongues so short? does daz have something against sticking one's tongue out at something?

complaint 2: i have too few watchers on devianart.

Post edited by chaynawolfsmoon on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,172
    Tjohn said:

Bad kitty!

Dana

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

complaint: why are tongues so short? does daz have something against sticking one's tongue out at something?

The tongue thing is why I bought Zev0's Tongue Control HD package. :)

edited August 2019
    Chohole said:

You would have found out if youhad read my post just in front of yours

There was no post in front of mine when I began writing my post.   And my crystal ball was cloudy.  So there!cheeky

PS:  I really do have a crystal ball.  Although I have yet to make it work properly.sad  (Bronze ram by Russel, buffalo by Kauba, dragon by ???)

Ram_Buffalo_CryBallDragon.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 89K
    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    Chohole said:
    Mystarra said:

aka poopdecks.

Sir Ringo?

Sir Paul and Sir Richard Starkey (Ringo).    The other two never got further than their MBE before they became deceased.  We also have Sir Mick & Sir Rod.  Bowie was offered and turned it down.   And yes Julie andrews is indeed a Dame.
    Sir Arthur Conan Doyle was knighted way back in 1902 for his work during the Boer War.

Thankes.

so he started his publishing career as a Sir smiley

turned it down?  do their taxes go up with the title?

Mystarra said:
    Chohole said:
    Mystarra said:

aka poopdecks.

Sir Ringo?

Thankes.

so he started his publishing career as a Sir smiley

turned it down?  do their taxes go up with the title?

No. some people turn it down for the strangest of reasons. David Bowie apparently said both times he turned down an Award   "I seriously don't know what it's for. It's not what I spent my life working for."    turned down a CBE  in 2000 and the the nighthoood in 2003, the year that Jagger got his.

• JonnyRay said:

The tongue thing is why I bought Zev0's Tongue Control HD package. :)

Guess I'll need to wait until it goes on sale to stick out my tongue! cheeky

edited August 2019

Complaint:  New neighbors are always burning incense.  (*blech*)  and their kids play on the enclosed front porch.  Which in itself is not a bad place for kids to play except for the fact that my living room windows (two of them) face into the enclosed porch (but it's not accessible from my apartment).  I keep my blinds closed and the windows are closed and locked but kids are noisy.frown  So, I've found a wonderful kid repellant.  When they start getting too noisy (I'm not a complete grinch) I just start playing classical music.  Works great.  about three minutes of Rachmaninoff at a moderate volume and they're off bothering mom again.devil

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930

...yes

...if it were me, I'd hit them with a dose of Schoenberg, Crumb, or Messiaen.

kyoto kid said:

...yes

or maybe a bit out of the Ring cycle

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Complaint:  New neighbors are always burning incense.  (*blech*)  and their kids play on the enclosed front porch.  Which in itself is not a bad place for kids to play except for the fact that my living room windows (two of them) face into the enclosed porch (but it's not accessible from my apartment).  I keep my blinds closed and the windows are closed and locked but kids are noisy.frown  So, I've found a wonderful kid repellant.  When they start getting too noisy (I'm not a complete grinch) I just start playing classical music.  Works great.  about three minutes of Rachmaninoff at a moderate volume and they're off bothering mom again.devil

https://youtu.be/YvQEp37HHZU was one of my favorite albums when I was a teen, I'm positive it will work on the kids=)

edited August 2019
    Chohole said:
    kyoto kid said:

...yes

or maybe a bit out of the Ring cycle

..that would work. I have an recording of anthony Newmann performing Wagner overtures and incidental music on the Aeolian Skinner organ at St. John the Divine.  Ride of the Valkyries is exceptionally bombastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47Tl6oXDbvY

...yeah own of those crazy offbeat 70s classical albums.

An even more bombastic piece, the Fantasia and Fugue on the Chorale "Ad Nos, Ad Salutarem Undam performed by an organist I knew back in Milwaukee WI.  This was recorded on the massive Hook & Hastings/Jerroll Adams instrument at St Paul's Episcopal Church in Milwaukee. which boasted several French bombarde and Chamade ranks. I used to hear him perform this live on the Noerhen organ at At St. John's Cathedral which also had a decidedly French Romantic sound including a hooded trumpet on 25" of wind pressure. The Cathedral was a perfect venue as the interior was a;l; polished granite and marble.

Sadly the original St. Paul's organ has all but been completely rebuilt in 2011 with a modern more eclectic instrument by the Schantz organ company. A few of the original Hook and Hastings voices were retained including the 32' Ophicleide in the pedal.  The Chamades and bombardes from the Adams expansion were removed.

The real fireworks (the introduction and fuge) begin at the 21:00 mark. Scary stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmvHUFLtw58

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,872

Egads!  Even with 60 years of music behind me, I still majorly goofedsurprise  about the note naming convention.  Its even more complicated than I first expressed... B# is C, whereas C♭ is B.  And E# is F, and F♭ is Eblush.  (See footnote in my previous post for more complete explanation.)  And just for jollies, there are double-sharps (##) and double-flats (♭♭) too.  All with quite logical but convoluted reasons that hurt your brain.  It's all because the Western music naming convention was devised 500-600 years ago when monks only used about half as many notes in a scale, for their chanting.  It's like the world is still using rocks in bags to do arithmetic counting their sheep.frown  Several improved music notation conventions have been suggested but I'm afraid it's too late.  And of course all this completely ignores Eastern music with quarter-tones instead of half-tones. Arghhhhhh...... (* brain 'sploding.)  Give me Relativity and quantum physics, it's saner despite things like time dilation and entanglement.indecision

https://youtu.be/kK5AohCMX0U

This is pretty close to quantum physics, I studied Gregorian chanting, counterpoint etc. 30 years ago, find it fascinating:)

Everything is vibration/waves/sound.

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,700
    edited August 2019

Try joining some 3d groups on deviantart. Sharing your art there is a good way to get more followers.

Post edited by zombietaggerung on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,872

https://youtu.be/YvQEp37HHZU was one of my favorite albums when I was a teen, I'm positive it will work on the kids=)

Interesting, never heard that one before. 

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    Taoz said:

Egads!  Even with 60 years of music behind me, I still majorly goofedsurprise  about the note naming convention.  Its even more complicated than I first expressed... B# is C, whereas C♭ is B.  And E# is F, and F♭ is Eblush.  (See footnote in my previous post for more complete explanation.)  And just for jollies, there are double-sharps (##) and double-flats (♭♭) too.  All with quite logical but convoluted reasons that hurt your brain.  It's all because the Western music naming convention was devised 500-600 years ago when monks only used about half as many notes in a scale, for their chanting.  It's like the world is still using rocks in bags to do arithmetic counting their sheep.frown  Several improved music notation conventions have been suggested but I'm afraid it's too late.  And of course all this completely ignores Eastern music with quarter-tones instead of half-tones. Arghhhhhh...... (* brain 'sploding.)  Give me Relativity and quantum physics, it's saner despite things like time dilation and entanglement.indecision

This is pretty close to quantum physics, I studied Gregorian chanting, counterpoint etc. 30 years ago, find it fascinating:)

Groovy=)

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,370
    Tjohn said:

That cat be trippin'!

Taoz said:

Interesting, never heard that one before. 

..yeah I'm  member of a few groups there and it does help.

edited August 2019
    Taoz said:

Groovy=)

Ah, early Moody Blues.heart  Opened the door for me. yes  That, and some mind lubricating pharmaceuticals and about 5 hours behind a college classmate's dormroom bed with his earphones on my head as all his Moody's albums played over and over for me for the first time while the rest of the party in the room went on without me.indecision  Opened my eyes, ears and head to let me enter the "house of four doors". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP56Wtc9TRs I emerged a changed person. cool

Hard to pick out my favorite Moodys lyrics but I like the poems a great deal especially the one about the

Cold hearted orb that rules the night. 

Removes the colors from our sight. 

Red is gray and yellow, white. 

But we decide which is right.  And which is an illusion.

Oh, so many good words from the Moodys. heartyessmiley  Too many to point at in a small post. 

edited August 2019

Taoz said:

...crikey, where did I stash that last sugar cube?

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,635

Major Complaint: Windows 10 just did its latest "Feature" update and so far I'm not liking the new features.

1) My signin screan is now extremely blurred and I hate it. (This is a new deliberate feature)

2) It broke the file sharing between the two computers on my network and it took me several hours to fix it so I could again share files between computers.

3) My wireless connections to my my router keep dropping out and need to be reset. This is not a big problem for me because I also have ethernet cable connections; but it is annoying and I haven't been able to fix it.

This discussion has been closed.