My phone will not charge complaint thread

Comments

• Mystarra said:
    DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:

eye dr cut me off the treatments cuz i owe over a k of bux.

not unexpected, but still callus.  my insurance paid them over 20k last year.
    stoopid high deductibles

wasnt helping all that much, doesn't help grow retina tissue, didn't clear the floaters in my other eye.

is weird to be seeing stuff inside my eyeball.  hav to train myself not to focus on it.

I have some floaters.  Have for a long time.  Sometimes I play with them.  Look at your screen, or a white ceiling or something light.  Move your eyes up suddenly.  Then stare as the sink down.  Or move your eyes quickly to the left or right.  Watch as they start to move, but then correct their path and sink down again.  Try to make one stay in the center of your view.  Look up and see if you can hold it.

I know, silly stuff.  Sometimes I'm easily amused.   blush

Dana

one way of looking at it smiley

dont think there is any kind of treatment for it.  don't think they can filter eye fluid

Actually there is a way but its very dangerous, uncertain and only used for extreme cases.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,440
    edited September 2019
    Mystarra said:
    DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:

stoopid high deductibles

wasnt helping all that much, doesn't help grow retina tissue, didn't clear the floaters in my other eye.

is weird to be seeing stuff inside my eyeball.  hav to train myself not to focus on it.

I have some floaters.  Have for a long time.  Sometimes I play with them.  Look at your screen, or a white ceiling or something light.  Move your eyes up suddenly.  Then stare as the sink down.  Or move your eyes quickly to the left or right.  Watch as they start to move, but then correct their path and sink down again.  Try to make one stay in the center of your view.  Look up and see if you can hold it.

Dana

dont think there is any kind of treatment for it.  don't think they can filter eye fluid

Yeah, I have floaters too.  I've come to name some of the bigger ones.  They come back into view now and then.  Most of my floaters though are like phantom fruit flies or phantom nematodes on various surfaces or volumes.   I've learned not to swat at them unless I also feel them.  But for the most part my brain has learned to ignore them unless I'm looking at bright surfaces (like computer screens that are nearly all WHITE). angry

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,172
    Mystarra said:
    DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:

stoopid high deductibles

Dana

For the longest time, they didn't even know what caused floaters.  I'm not sure they have yet.

Dana

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,904
    Mystarra said:

what about the Alamo i supposed to remember?

Mystarra said:
    DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:

stoopid high deductibles

Dana

Just checked WebMD and it seems they've figured it out.  I always thought it was part of something at the back of the eyeball breaking loose.  It was once suggested that it was dust, but how the hell could dust get into a closed system like the eyeball?  https://www.webmd.com/search/search_results/default.aspx?query=what%20causes%20floaters  

Dana

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,874
    edited September 2019
    Mystarra said:

whats the difference tween a captain and a commander?

Depends on the context. Captain and commander are both naval ranks, O-6 and O-5 respectively, meaning that captain is the sixth officer rank (equivalent to a “full-bird” colonel in the other services), just below admiral (or general for other services) while commander is the rank below that. However, in other services, the rank of captain is O-3, equivalent to the naval lieutenant. Further complicating matters, “commander” is also a job position, meaning that the commander of a unit or vehicle may or may not have the rank of commander. In naval contexts, captain also has the same connotation, so a captain, commander and admiral could all be the same person at the same time, a captain might not command anything, a commander might be captain...

Or, to keep it simple, captains outrank commanders. 

Post edited by Gordig on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:
    DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:

stoopid high deductibles

Dana

Just checked WebMD and it seems they've figured it out.  I always thought it was part of something at the back of the eyeball breaking loose.  It was once suggested that it was dust, but how the hell could dust get into a closed system like the eyeball?  https://www.webmd.com/search/search_results/default.aspx?query=what%20causes%20floaters  

Dana

thanks

the strands >.<

looks like layers of it

and dead pixels.

hard to ignore, it obscuring the text on this page.

TigerAnne said:
    Mystarra said:

both incidents terrible

and Custard's last stand doesnt seem to get much sympathy.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

Mmmmmm... custard.

Gordig said:
    Mystarra said:

Depends on the context. Captain and commander are both naval ranks, O-6 and O-5 respectively, meaning that captain is the sixth officer rank (equivalent to a “full-bird” colonel in the other services), just below admiral (or general for other services) while commander is the rank below that. However, in other services, the rank of captain is O-3, equivalent to the naval lieutenant. Further complicating matters, “commander” is also a job position, meaning that the commander of a unit or vehicle may or may not have the rank of commander. In naval contexts, captain also has the same connotation, so a captain, commander and admiral could all be the same person at the same time, a captain might not command anything, a commander might be captain...

i been relying on the Treks as my rank guide.  realized yesterday that's silly.

Scotland Yard has inspectors and chief inspectors

ncis has agent and special agent.

special commander sounds silly.

teams have captains.  i think cheerleaders has captains?

gib is the guy in back

officer of the deck. officer really adds confusion.  chief petty officer.  don't think it means he/her is in charge of petty cash.

Jon Snow was captain of the watch.

can't remember if babylon 5 had a captain or a commander

• McGyver said:

Mmmmmm... custard.

Mmmmmm... home made scalloped potatoes.

edited September 2019
    McGyver said:

Mmmmmm... custard.

Mmmmmm... home made scalloped potatoes.

oh grats smiley

sigh,
    special commander not growing on me.  going back to sovereign commander.
    can hear my characters complaining lol.  make up our minds already

Post edited by Mistara on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,874
    Mystarra said:
    Gordig said:
    Mystarra said:

Actually, Star Trek uses naval officer ranks exclusively, so you could do worse as a guide. It’s weird that everyone in Starfleet is an officer, but the ranks do at least correlate. Compare that to Star Wars, which uses both real and made-up ranks, and assigns them seemingly at random. By the time “General” Lando Calrissian is leading the assault on the second Death Star, it’s not clear how long he’s been a member of the rebellion, but it could plausibly only have been months or even weeks after he was just some guy running a mining colony and COLLABORATING WITH THE EMPIRE. 

thinkin of calling my scifi, bifi , scibfff (best friends forever fictions)
    def (dark ever fantasy) (dark elf fantasy)
    befphf (best ever friends personal history forever)

Gordig said:

Compare that to Star Wars, which uses both real and made-up ranks, and assigns them seemingly at random.

I still wonder what a "Darth" is. 

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    TigerAnne said:
    Gordig said:

Compare that to Star Wars, which uses both real and made-up ranks, and assigns them seemingly at random.

I still wonder what a "Darth" is. 

Darth was a title given to the Sith Lords of the Sith Order, which preceded a moniker different from the birth name. It roughly translated to "Dark Lord."

edited September 2019
    Chohole said:

Darth was a title given to the Sith Lords of the Sith Order, which preceded a moniker different from the birth name. It roughly translated to "Dark Lord."

Oh, well that makes a lot of sense, actually. The First Order should have kept it. "Knights of Ren" doesn't sound as dangerous. All I can think is "OK, so who are the Knights of Stimpy?" frown

EDIT: 1000th post!

Post edited by WinterMoon on
    Gordig said:
    Mystarra said:
    Gordig said:
    Mystarra said:

Actually, Star Trek uses naval officer ranks exclusively, so you could do worse as a guide. It’s weird that everyone in Starfleet is an officer, but the ranks do at least correlate. Compare that to Star Wars, which uses both real and made-up ranks, and assigns them seemingly at random. By the time “General” Lando Calrissian is leading the assault on the second Death Star, it’s not clear how long he’s been a member of the rebellion, but it could plausibly only have been months or even weeks after he was just some guy running a mining colony and COLLABORATING WITH THE EMPIRE. 

yeah, some administrator experience doesn't make someone battle ready.  he was the first to figure out it was a trap.  

• I think I have a cold.  I just want to watch some videos on creating 3D shaders in Daz Studio.  Ugg

complainnnnt  put a music cd in my win10 pc

expected media player.  win10 autoinstalled groove

spent last 2 hours getting rid of it,  needs powershell to uninstall, there is no way to uninstall it through control panel

now i can't find a way to block it from reinstalling.

has anyone done a dual boot win7 / win10 ?

• ...scalloped potatoes or potatoe scallops that's the question...

Now I'm confused...or am I...who am I?

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975
    Mystarra said:

complainnnnt  put a music cd in my win10 pc

expected media player.  win10 autoinstalled groove

spent last 2 hours getting rid of it,  needs powershell to uninstall, there is no way to uninstall it through control panel

now i can't find a way to block it from reinstalling.

I just put a shortcut for Windows Media player on my taskbar and ignore Groove

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930
    Mystarra said:

Scotland Yard has inspectors and chief inspectors

ncis has agent and special agent.

special commander sounds silly.

teams have captains.  i think cheerleaders has captains?

gib is the guy in back

officer of the deck. officer really adds confusion.  chief petty officer.  don't think it means he/her is in charge of petty cash.

Jon Snow was captain of the watch.

can't remember if babylon 5 had a captain or a commander

...it is confusing as Jeffrey Sinclair held the title of "Commander," but after he left was reassigned to be Earth's ambassador to Minbar, his replacement ,John Sheridan had the title of "Captain."  Susan Ivanova  who was second in command had the rank of "Lt. Commander."  After Ivanova left to join the White Star Fleet, it gets even more confusing as Elizabeth Lockley who also held the rank of "Captain" was second in command to Sheridan, so you had two captains in charge.. 

• ...scalloped potatoes or potatoe scallops that's the question...

Now I'm confused...or am I...who am I?

Don't think too hard, just eat and be.

• Mystarra said:
    DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:

stoopid high deductibles

Dana

Yeah, I have floaters too.  I've come to name some of the bigger ones.  They come back into view now and then.  Most of my floaters though are like phantom fruit flies or phantom nematodes on various surfaces or volumes.   I've learned not to swat at them unless I also feel them.  But for the most part my brain has learned to ignore them unless I'm looking at bright surfaces (like computer screens that are nearly all WHITE). angry

My eye doctor says floaters are actually normal.

DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:
    DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:

stoopid high deductibles

Dana

Dana

Yeah, so it's protein.  Interesting.  Seems kind of ooky to replace the vitreous fluid with a saline solution.  How does THAT work?  Weird.

• Got my new RAM in today.  About to shut down my laptop and install it.  The diagnostics (memtest) will run all night.  64 GB for under $300.  I'm both excited and terrified, all at the same time!  laugh

So far so good.  Even my old laptop had an order of magnitude more CPU, RAM, virtual storage, and drive space compared to the mainframe systems I did my college assembler projects on.  The only thing I don't have is tapes.  But almost nobody makes tape drives anymore for mainframe computers.

Mystarra said:
    TigerAnne said:
    Mystarra said:

both incidents terrible

and Custard's last stand doesnt seem to get much sympathy.

Rember?  Did he mean Render?  What's a horber?

Make America Smart Again!

Dana

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited September 2019

That's Perl over there, rembering the good old times=)

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
This discussion has been closed.