My phone will not charge complaint thread

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,172
    Mystarra said:
    DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:

eye dr cut me off the treatments cuz i owe over a k of bux.

not unexpected, but still callus.  my insurance paid them over 20k last year.
    stoopid high deductibles

wasnt helping all that much, doesn't help grow retina tissue, didn't clear the floaters in my other eye.

is weird to be seeing stuff inside my eyeball.  hav to train myself not to focus on it.

I have some floaters.  Have for a long time.  Sometimes I play with them.  Look at your screen, or a white ceiling or something light.  Move your eyes up suddenly.  Then stare as the sink down.  Or move your eyes quickly to the left or right.  Watch as they start to move, but then correct their path and sink down again.  Try to make one stay in the center of your view.  Look up and see if you can hold it.

I know, silly stuff.  Sometimes I'm easily amused.   blush

Dana

one way of looking at it smiley

dont think there is any kind of treatment for it.  don't think they can filter eye fluid

Yeah, I have floaters too.  I've come to name some of the bigger ones.  They come back into view now and then.  Most of my floaters though are like phantom fruit flies or phantom nematodes on various surfaces or volumes.   I've learned not to swat at them unless I also feel them.  But for the most part my brain has learned to ignore them unless I'm looking at bright surfaces (like computer screens that are nearly all WHITE). angry

My eye doctor says floaters are actually normal.

DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:
    DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:

stoopid high deductibles

wasnt helping all that much, doesn't help grow retina tissue, didn't clear the floaters in my other eye.

is weird to be seeing stuff inside my eyeball.  hav to train myself not to focus on it.

I have some floaters.  Have for a long time.  Sometimes I play with them.  Look at your screen, or a white ceiling or something light.  Move your eyes up suddenly.  Then stare as the sink down.  Or move your eyes quickly to the left or right.  Watch as they start to move, but then correct their path and sink down again.  Try to make one stay in the center of your view.  Look up and see if you can hold it.

Dana

dont think there is any kind of treatment for it.  don't think they can filter eye fluid

Just checked WebMD and it seems they've figured it out.  I always thought it was part of something at the back of the eyeball breaking loose.  It was once suggested that it was dust, but how the hell could dust get into a closed system like the eyeball?  https://www.webmd.com/search/search_results/default.aspx?query=what%20causes%20floaters  

Dana

Yeah, so it's protein.  Interesting.  Seems kind of ooky to replace the vitreous fluid with a saline solution.  How does THAT work?  Weird.

It's also odd, since getting salt water in your eyes is not pleasant.  I guess we shouldn't say "in your eyes" anymore, because it's really only on your eyes.  This stuff is in your eyes.

Dana

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,875

God damn it. JoeQuick is back in the PA sale, which means I am once again indefensibly tempted to buy Felton.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

...been messing around with the strand hair builder, basically it's the old Garibaldi system which is now compatible with Iray without having to convert the hair to a static .obj. 

Now I have to get those alien morphs for Genesis that I bought at Rendo loaded port them over to G3 via GenX 2 to see if I can create one of the feline characters from my old sci-fi story.

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,904
    DanaTA said:

Rember?  Did he mean Render?  What's a horber?

Make America Smart Again!

Thing is, the guy's probably on the older side, since he's still passionate about Pearl Harbour. So, he's been dumb for a long time when it comes to spelling. Or he could have dyslexia, but that would mean we're sorta cruel for thinking his typos are funny, so I prefer to think he just can't splel. Alternatively, maybe he didn't buy enough adhesive letters at the store. By the time he noticed, it was almost dinner time and he was hungry, so he was like "Well crap. Ain't goin' back to da store now!" Then, he just arranged the stickers in a way that sort of conveyed the message.

I have legit mistyped remember as "rember" several times, but at least I don't make typos when I write by hand.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,872
    TigerAnne said:
    DanaTA said:

Thing is, the guy's probably on the older side, since he's still passionate about Pearl Harbour. So, he's been dumb for a long time when it comes to spelling. Or he could have dyslexia, but that would mean we're sorta cruel for thinking his typos are funny, so I prefer to think he just can't splel. Alternatively, maybe he didn't buy enough adhesive letters at the store. By the time he noticed, it was almost dinner time and he was hungry, so he was like "Well crap. Ain't goin' back to da store now!" Then, he just arranged the stickers in a way that sort of conveyed the message.

I have legit mistyped remember as "rember" several times, but at least I don't make typos when I write by hand.

I used the word "hopely" for years on the internet, until I realized it spells "hopefully".  Generally I've always been quite good at grammar though, I even had to correct my teachers at school a couple of times.  English speaking people often tell me that I speak better english than most people from their own countries, I think that's common if english is not your first language because you learn it by the book rather than from the environment.  I recall one of my english teachers blaming me for using the word "ain't" which I'd picked up from movies and songs, he said it was slang.   So I'm always careful with my spelling and grammar to avoid others picking up bad language habits from me.  

• Mystarra said:
    DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:

stoopid high deductibles

Dana

Yeah, I have floaters too.  I've come to name some of the bigger ones.  They come back into view now and then.  Most of my floaters though are like phantom fruit flies or phantom nematodes on various surfaces or volumes.   I've learned not to swat at them unless I also feel them.  But for the most part my brain has learned to ignore them unless I'm looking at bright surfaces (like computer screens that are nearly all WHITE). angry

DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:
    DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:

stoopid high deductibles

Dana

Just checked WebMD and it seems they've figured it out.  I always thought it was part of something at the back of the eyeball breaking loose.  It was once suggested that it was dust, but how the hell could dust get into a closed system like the eyeball?  https://www.webmd.com/search/search_results/default.aspx?query=what%20causes%20floaters  

Dana

Yeah, so it's protein.  Interesting.  Seems kind of ooky to replace the vitreous fluid with a saline solution.  How does THAT work?  Weird.

One is born with rubbery jelly in the eye but by time you're 70 it's turned to soup anyway.  Getting old has sooo many surprises. frown

• DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:
    TigerAnne said:
    Mystarra said:

what about the Alamo i supposed to remember?

both incidents terrible

and Custard's last stand doesnt seem to get much sympathy.

Dana

This is what happens when you don't pay your teachers.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:
    TigerAnne said:
    Mystarra said:

what about the Alamo i supposed to remember?

both incidents terrible

and Custard's last stand doesnt seem to get much sympathy.

Dana

This is what happens when you don't pay your teachers.

Pearl?

Mystarra said:
    DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:

stoopid high deductibles

Dana

DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:
    DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:

stoopid high deductibles

Dana

Dana

One is born with rubbery jelly in the eye but by time you're 70 it's turned to soup anyway.  Getting old has sooo many surprises. frown

make it go awayyycryingno

non complaint  saw a cup holder for my rollator  

• why is the ac running when it is only 67 degrees out at the moment?

why is the ac running when it is only 67 degrees out at the moment?

If it's 67 degrees C I'm not surprised.

• Taoz said:

if it was that hot i don't think the ac would work so well.

non complaint  Chris Cornell on radio singing 'nothing compares'  voice of an angel  luuuuv himmm sooo muuuch

Taoz said:

Just get one of those they're using here:

• Taoz said:
    Taoz said:

Just get one of those they're using here:

The Dubai screen saver on Apple TV is quite lovely. Though I'd be hesitant to visit there.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072

I say Haywoh and you say Dubai.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072

And there ain't nothin' wrong with ain't.

• chaynawolfsmoonchaynawolfsmoon Posts: 675
    edited September 2019

I need a sale with all the hair I want is free. :)

Though I'm probably a little happy that many sales have absolutely nothing I want.

Post edited by chaynawolfsmoon on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,172
    Tjohn said:

Excellent!  I wonder who else gets it?

Dana

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    DanaTA said:
    Tjohn said:

Dana

I giggled but didn't post a spoiler.

• Someone on Deviant Art asked if I wanted to do a project involving renders of busty muscular women for a game...like monsterously muscular.

yikes.

• Also... I didn't realize my render had stopped... It needs more cooking.

• I need a sale with all the hair I want is free. :)

Though I'm probably a little happy that many sales have absolutely nothing I want.

Christmas is coming.  You may want to save.  Or else, look out below!

Dear Santa... Please send giftcards. LOL

DanaTA said:
    Tjohn said:

Dana

...yes

Taoz said:
    TigerAnne said:
    DanaTA said:

I used the word "hopely" for years on the internet, until I realized it spells "hopefully".  Generally I've always been quite good at grammar though, I even had to correct my teachers at school a couple of times.  English speaking people often tell me that I speak better english than most people from their own countries, I think that's common if english is not your first language because you learn it by the book rather than from the environment.  I recall one of my english teachers blaming me for using the word "ain't" which I'd picked up from movies and songs, he said it was slang.   So I'm always careful with my spelling and grammar to avoid others picking up bad language habits from me.  

...careful you might have summoned a new type of pokeman. 

• DanaTA said:
    Tjohn said:

Dana

Nah too stoopid...and I never was into Brittish pop music anyway.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,440
    edited September 2019

Non-complaint(ish):  Yay, my new 4TB hard drive works.  And it actually did come with the weird proper USB cable, but it was only 3 foot long.yes  The disk just plugged and played and currently shows 3.6TB of useable storage for Win7.smiley  However, it's definitely bare bones.  It has no power switch nor any lights.frown, at all.  It's a black box into which one pours bits and they come out again as needed.indecision  I'm also still waiting for my 4-port USB-3 interface board.  I don't know if it will actually help, speedwise, in this old USB-2 machine with DDR3 memory but it should at least work, and will give me enough USB ports so that I don't have to have cables hanging out the front of my computer (I hate that).

My longer (6 foot) USB cable came today so I've now gotten my new drive in the line-up of external drives for my system and properly cabled.  No problem other than I had to find an extension cord with a power switch to be able to turn the drive off for the long sleeps that it will be taking.  So far, I haven't seen it self-powerdown when unused.sad  But I haven't given up checking.

Edited to add:  Yay, the hard drive does turn itself off after about 15 minutes.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

Dear Santa... Please send giftcards. LOL

Oh NOW you like Santa!  cheekylaugh

This discussion has been closed.