My phone will not charge complaint thread

Comments

• kyoto kid said:
    Taoz said:
    TigerAnne said:
    DanaTA said:

Rember?  Did he mean Render?  What's a horber?

Make America Smart Again!

Thing is, the guy's probably on the older side, since he's still passionate about Pearl Harbour. So, he's been dumb for a long time when it comes to spelling. Or he could have dyslexia, but that would mean we're sorta cruel for thinking his typos are funny, so I prefer to think he just can't splel. Alternatively, maybe he didn't buy enough adhesive letters at the store. By the time he noticed, it was almost dinner time and he was hungry, so he was like "Well crap. Ain't goin' back to da store now!" Then, he just arranged the stickers in a way that sort of conveyed the message.

I have legit mistyped remember as "rember" several times, but at least I don't make typos when I write by hand.

I used the word "hopely" for years on the internet, until I realized it spells "hopefully".  Generally I've always been quite good at grammar though, I even had to correct my teachers at school a couple of times.  English speaking people often tell me that I speak better english than most people from their own countries, I think that's common if english is not your first language because you learn it by the book rather than from the environment.  I recall one of my english teachers blaming me for using the word "ain't" which I'd picked up from movies and songs, he said it was slang.   So I'm always careful with my spelling and grammar to avoid others picking up bad language habits from me.  

...careful you might have summoned a new type of pokeman. 

What's a poke man?

Um, on second thought, nevermind!

• Non-complaint(ish):  Yay, my new 4TB hard drive works.  And it actually did come with the weird proper USB cable, but it was only 3 foot long.yes  The disk just plugged and played and currently shows 3.6TB of useable storage for Win7.smiley  However, it's definitely bare bones.  It has no power switch nor any lights.frown, at all.  It's a black box into which one pours bits and they come out again as needed.indecision  I'm also still waiting for my 4-port USB-3 interface board.  I don't know if it will actually help, speedwise, in this old USB-2 machine with DDR3 memory but it should at least work, and will give me enough USB ports so that I don't have to have cables hanging out the front of my computer (I hate that).

My longer (6 foot) USB cable came today so I've now gotten my new drive in the line-up of external drives for my system and properly cabled.  No problem other than I had to find an extension cord with a power switch to be able to turn the drive off for the long sleeps that it will be taking.  So far, I haven't seen it self-powerdown when unused.sad  But I haven't given up checking.

Edited to add:  Yay, the hard drive does turn itself off after about 15 minutes.

Wait, is this a 2.5" drive or a 3.5" drive?  You're talking power switches, so that makes me think you bought a big sized 4TB drive.

And yes, Windows will power off the drive after non use.  Check your power settings for the configurations on that.

So how many gigs was your first backup? 

Hint hint!  cheeky

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,172

Non-complaint(ish):  Yay, my new 4TB hard drive works.  And it actually did come with the weird proper USB cable, but it was only 3 foot long.yes  The disk just plugged and played and currently shows 3.6TB of useable storage for Win7.smiley  However, it's definitely bare bones.  It has no power switch nor any lights.frown, at all.  It's a black box into which one pours bits and they come out again as needed.indecision  I'm also still waiting for my 4-port USB-3 interface board.  I don't know if it will actually help, speedwise, in this old USB-2 machine with DDR3 memory but it should at least work, and will give me enough USB ports so that I don't have to have cables hanging out the front of my computer (I hate that).

My longer (6 foot) USB cable came today so I've now gotten my new drive in the line-up of external drives for my system and properly cabled.  No problem other than I had to find an extension cord with a power switch to be able to turn the drive off for the long sleeps that it will be taking.  So far, I haven't seen it self-powerdown when unused.sad  But I haven't given up checking.

Edited to add:  Yay, the hard drive does turn itself off after about 15 minutes.

Wait, is this a 2.5" drive or a 3.5" drive?  You're talking power switches, so that makes me think you bought a big sized 4TB drive.

And yes, Windows will power off the drive after non use.  Check your power settings for the configurations on that.

Hint hint!  cheeky

Workstation:  CPU - Intel i7 6850 K, 64 GB RAM, dual GeForce GTX 980s, and about 4 TB storage
    Laptop:

Alienware Area 51 with Intel i9 9900, 32 GB Ram, RTX 2080 gpu, and 6TB storage

Showoff!   cheeky

I'm just jealous.   blush

Dana

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited September 2019

I feel like a song coming on!

nge.jpg
    500 x 1113 - 138K
    Post edited by Skiriki on
  • I need a sale with all the hair I want is free. :)

Though I'm probably a little happy that many sales have absolutely nothing I want.

Christmas is coming.  You may want to save.  Or else, look out below!

Dear Santa... Please send giftcards. LOL

Oh NOW you like Santa!  cheekylaugh

Gotta get those requests in early so he remembers me.

Though I'm probably a little happy that many sales have absolutely nothing I want.

I usually make demands, but after all I'm the king...good to be the king;)

• Skiriki said:

Oh I know that song...

Nice. I'll send you my requests for you to demand!

• Complaint:  Got up about a half-hour early this morning, and apparently I was not the only groggy thing in the apartment.  Turned on my computer and it sat at the manufacturer's flash screen (big blue HP) screen for many minutes with no indication of activity.  Tried pressing the 'ESC' key to break out of it into a BIOS mode but zilch.  Nothing changed.  Waited a few more minutes.  Nothing.  Pressed power button, and machine instantly powered down. Waited a few moments for capacitors to drain and then powered back on.  Same thing, just sits at the flash screen longer than expected.  Powered down again and unplugged my bank of external hard drives from the tower's front USB connectors and powered on agan.  Same problem.  However, this time when I pressed the 'ESC' key I held it for a couple seconds and it did eventually break the spell.  So, I then selected a diagnostic mode.  All diagnostics passed OK and I rebooted.  Voilà!  It worked.  Go figure. frown

Wondering whether my new 4TB hard drive being connected and live had anything to do with the problem.  I've plugged my bank of external drives into their connectors again.  Will test tomorrow.  I think it's time to make sure my data backup is current and complete.enlightened

• Complaint:  Got up about a half-hour early this morning, and apparently I was not the only groggy thing in the apartment.  Turned on my computer and it sat at the manufacturer's flash screen (big blue HP) screen for many minutes with no indication of activity.  Tried pressing the 'ESC' key to break out of it into a BIOS mode but zilch.  Nothing changed.  Waited a few more minutes.  Nothing.  Pressed power button, and machine instantly powered down. Waited a few moments for capacitors to drain and then powered back on.  Same thing, just sits at the flash screen longer than expected.  Powered down again and unplugged my bank of external hard drives from the tower's front USB connectors and powered on agan.  Same problem.  However, this time when I pressed the 'ESC' key I held it for a couple seconds and it did eventually break the spell.  So, I then selected a diagnostic mode.  All diagnostics passed OK and I rebooted.  Voilà!  It worked.  Go figure. frown

Wondering whether my new 4TB hard drive being connected and live had anything to do with the problem.  I've plugged my bank of external drives into their connectors again.  Will test tomorrow.  I think it's time to make sure my data backup is current and complete.enlightened

Your computer is cheating on you. That's my expert diagnosis.

However... I'm not a computer analyst so my expert diagnosis may not be accurate. Or plausible.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072
    Skiriki said:

Hi Skiriki! (waves vigorously)

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,440
    edited September 2019

Non-complaint(ish):  Yay, my new 4TB hard drive works.  And it actually did come with the weird proper USB cable, but it was only 3 foot long.yes  The disk just plugged and played and currently shows 3.6TB of useable storage for Win7.smiley  However, it's definitely bare bones.  It has no power switch nor any lights.frown, at all.  It's a black box into which one pours bits and they come out again as needed.indecision  I'm also still waiting for my 4-port USB-3 interface board.  I don't know if it will actually help, speedwise, in this old USB-2 machine with DDR3 memory but it should at least work, and will give me enough USB ports so that I don't have to have cables hanging out the front of my computer (I hate that).

Hint hint!  cheeky

Yes, full size drive.  ("Big is good" ... makes Tim The Toolman monkey sounds)

Still planning new storage & backup philosophy and testing new drive.  Current backups are sufficient for now.

Photo below is my corner showing my main CPU and my bank of hard drives & other storage devices (new drive is on extreme left).  Very bad photo.  No excuses, I was lazy and used new smartphone camera for the first time instead of digging out my real camera.  Hoping this is not indicative of photo quality from this camera. frown

MyCorner.jpg
    1067 x 800 - 62K
    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited September 2019
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Complaint:  Got up about a half-hour early this morning, and apparently I was not the only groggy thing in the apartment.  Turned on my computer and it sat at the manufacturer's flash screen (big blue HP) screen for many minutes with no indication of activity.  Tried pressing the 'ESC' key to break out of it into a BIOS mode but zilch.  Nothing changed.  Waited a few more minutes.  Nothing.  Pressed power button, and machine instantly powered down. Waited a few moments for capacitors to drain and then powered back on.  Same thing, just sits at the flash screen longer than expected.  Powered down again and unplugged my bank of external hard drives from the tower's front USB connectors and powered on agan.  Same problem.  However, this time when I pressed the 'ESC' key I held it for a couple seconds and it did eventually break the spell.  So, I then selected a diagnostic mode.  All diagnostics passed OK and I rebooted.  Voilà!  It worked.  Go figure. frown

However... I'm not a computer analyst so my expert diagnosis may not be accurate. Or plausible.

Plausible deniability?

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited September 2019

I need a sale with all the hair I want is free. :)

Ok I lied, I'm not the king, but I did run for president once, didn't turn out that great though...here is some rare footage:

This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

complainnt  floater seriously impacting my life.  

cant read the screen on my mp3 player.  had to listen to the default song list.

i don't embarass easily blush  to get over a ridge was stuck on crossing the street, i rock my rollator to get the wheel over ridges and sidewalk cracks.  fell over sideways with the rollator.  lady looked older than me stopped her car to hellp me up.  lesson in mortified.  blush blush blush 

Oh I know that song...

FLY ME TO THE MOON AND LET ME PLAY AMONG THE STARS

I can sing allllll day long, for some reason.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,872
    kyoto kid said:
    Taoz said:
    TigerAnne said:
    DanaTA said:

Rember?  Did he mean Render?  What's a horber?

Make America Smart Again!

Thing is, the guy's probably on the older side, since he's still passionate about Pearl Harbour. So, he's been dumb for a long time when it comes to spelling. Or he could have dyslexia, but that would mean we're sorta cruel for thinking his typos are funny, so I prefer to think he just can't splel. Alternatively, maybe he didn't buy enough adhesive letters at the store. By the time he noticed, it was almost dinner time and he was hungry, so he was like "Well crap. Ain't goin' back to da store now!" Then, he just arranged the stickers in a way that sort of conveyed the message.

I have legit mistyped remember as "rember" several times, but at least I don't make typos when I write by hand.

I used the word "hopely" for years on the internet, until I realized it spells "hopefully".  Generally I've always been quite good at grammar though, I even had to correct my teachers at school a couple of times.  English speaking people often tell me that I speak better english than most people from their own countries, I think that's common if english is not your first language because you learn it by the book rather than from the environment.  I recall one of my english teachers blaming me for using the word "ain't" which I'd picked up from movies and songs, he said it was slang.   So I'm always careful with my spelling and grammar to avoid others picking up bad language habits from me.  

...careful you might have summoned a new type of pokeman. 

?

Tjohn said:

Hi Skiriki! (waves vigorously)

Hiiiiiiiiii!

Ok I lied, I'm not the king, but I did run for president once, didn't turn out that great though...here is some rare footage:

You played the Trump card?

• Skiriki said:
    Oh I know that song...

Nat King ColeIn love emoticon

Taoz said:

Nope, the trumpetcrying

Skiriki said:
    Oh I know that song...

A different singer in this case and context, but yes, that song.

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,904
    Taoz said:

I think that card actually makes you president, though. But only one copy exists.

• TigerAnne said:
    Taoz said:

I think that card actually makes you president, though. But only one copy exists.

Hmm are we ready to kill this thread?devil

• Skiriki said:
    Skiriki said:
    Oh I know that song...

A different singer in this case and context, but yes, that song.

Aah, was not sure, thought you might discuss the Apollo space program...

Aah, was not sure, thought you might discuss the Apollo space program...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhBbiqLO754

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,904
    TigerAnne said:
    Taoz said:

I don't think it counts as a political opinion to say that Donald Trump is president?

edited September 2019

TigerAnne said:
    TigerAnne said:
    Taoz said:

I don't think it counts as a political opinion to say that Donald Trump is president?

Wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more, say no more...

Post edited by Taoz on
  • Mystarra said:

Complaint:  Got up about a half-hour early this morning, and apparently I was not the only groggy thing in the apartment.  Turned on my computer and it sat at the manufacturer's flash screen (big blue HP) screen for many minutes with no indication of activity.  Tried pressing the 'ESC' key to break out of it into a BIOS mode but zilch.  Nothing changed.  Waited a few more minutes.  Nothing.  Pressed power button, and machine instantly powered down. Waited a few moments for capacitors to drain and then powered back on.  Same thing, just sits at the flash screen longer than expected.  Powered down again and unplugged my bank of external hard drives from the tower's front USB connectors and powered on agan.  Same problem.  However, this time when I pressed the 'ESC' key I held it for a couple seconds and it did eventually break the spell.  So, I then selected a diagnostic mode.  All diagnostics passed OK and I rebooted.  Voilà!  It worked.  Go figure. frown

Plausible deniability?

Or implausible sincerity

• Skiriki said:
    Oh I know that song...

Now I will be...

This discussion has been closed.