My phone will not charge complaint thread

Comments

• maybe if i could figure out where the eye lids end i'd have better luck making my own makeup layers.

same with tats and body markings. i don't know where the seams are and unless i putting something near a landmark body part i end up waaaaayoff. 

Templates help, you can then match the lines of edges to the mesh itself. You cana lso, away from seams, try using the Layered Image editor, and if you want to place a tattoo on a relatively flat area then the are Iray Decal Nodes (for Iray only, of course) which can be used to project an image onto the surface. Of coruse the ideal is a projection painter, which lets you paint directly on the model. (That nearly got posted as pant directly on the model.)

Thank you sir. I shall look for some templates. I know when I've used Layered Image Editor it has been very very slow. I made some eye make up but took it too far to the edge of the eyelid. I really need to find my Wacom though. The pen is much finer control than a mouse or trackball.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670

Dentist office closes at 2 P.M. EST on Friday.  I'll call them on Monday to cancel my appointment.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

has anyone seen my motivation? i'm too unmotivated to look for it.

You're lucky, it's probably still in this time period.  But Austin Powers had to go back in time to find his moxie.devil

...I thought it was his mojo.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175
    kyoto kid said:

You're lucky, it's probably still in this time period.  But Austin Powers had to go back in time to find his moxie.devil

I think so, too.

Dana

Complaint:  On my old computer I've been running DAZ Studio 4.9 for a looong time, but  I just downloaded and installed DAZ Studio4.12 on my new machine.sad

Sub-complaint #1: During the process of downloading and installing, the splash screens declared in big bold numbers that it was DAZ Studio 4.11 but when Studio actually starts running is says "Hi!  I'm Studio 4.12surprisefrown  Lame and unprofessional.cheeky

Sub-complaint #2: Am I the only person who keeps two login accounts on their computer, a "Privileged account ("Admin") and a standard user account ("User")?  Way back several versions of DAZ Studio I noticed that the installer doesn't seem to recognize which account you're installing under.  Even if you are logged in as the non-privileged "User" it always puts the "MyLibrary" in the administrative account's "Documents" folder because you have to give it the Admin's password for the package to be installed.  It just assumes you are the Admin and want all the user's bazillions of DAZ files to be in the Admin's sacred folders.  STOP IT!  JUST STOP IT!angry  Yes, I can change the default location but I shouldn't have to.  Other software packages can recognize who is installing the software and will by default put the private library stuff in the individual user's "Documents" folder.  

Sub-complaint #3:  Similarly when the installer places the DAZ icon on the desktop, it puts it on the desktop of the Admin instead of the user who is actually installing Studio.  This is completely stupid!  STOP IT!  JUST STOP IT!angry  I have to go hunting in the "C:" drive to find the actual application executable and right-click on it to create a link on the user's desktop.  I'm logged in as the user, it should go on MY f'n desktop, NOT the Admin's.  Sheesh!frown  Yes, I can manually fix this issue but I shouldn't have to.  Other applications have enough smarts to ask you during installation if you want the installed software to be private for just the installing user, or visible on user's desktops too.  Why does DAZ continue this lame behavior year after year?

And people have wondered why I don't jump on every new release of DAZ Studio.  It's a royal swamp water level of lameness for me to install it.  I am NOT going to change my policy of not running as Administrator on my compter all the time.  I run as a standard un-privileged user.  That's the way Microsoft Windows7,8,&10 are designed to be used.  Its good policy.  Sometimes I just wanna cry when I think about upgrading DAZ Studio.crying

But I'm a reasonable man (sort of).  I'm all ears if I'm doing something really stupid or if there is a valid, logical, technical reason for all DAZ stuff being installed in the account of the administrative user. 

...I hear you on that.  I am still running the 4.12 Beta which when I updated still installed to my user instead of administrator account, Maybe I'll stick with it for a while longer as it sounds just like what happened with the latest DIM update (see below).  I don't really need the built in face creation feature, and don't work with animation (which has also seen improvements the 4.12 General release).

The last update of the DIM also saw some kind of change as it defaulted to installing to the C drive even though previous updates remembered my preferences and settings.  The interface in the Tools/Installation Tab was also slightly changed as well which made the process more confusing to direct content to where I needed it to go (spent a lot of time uninstalling a large amount of content from C and reinstalling to D).  The other thing I don't understand is why I have to check the Daz Connect filter to see all my content even though in the product description it is listed as installing through the DIM.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

maybe if i could figure out where the eye lids end i'd have better luck making my own makeup layers.

same with tats and body markings. i don't know where the seams are and unless i putting something near a landmark body part i end up waaaaayoff. 

Templates help, you can then match the lines of edges to the mesh itself. You cana lso, away from seams, try using the Layered Image editor, and if you want to place a tattoo on a relatively flat area then the are Iray Decal Nodes (for Iray only, of course) which can be used to project an image onto the surface. Of coruse the ideal is a projection painter, which lets you paint directly on the model. (That nearly got posted as pant directly on the model.)

Thank you sir. I shall look for some templates. I know when I've used Layered Image Editor it has been very very slow. I made some eye make up but took it too far to the edge of the eyelid. I really need to find my Wacom though. The pen is much finer control than a mouse or trackball.

or a sword.

and mebbe a petard if i knew what a petard is

so far castor oil not helping with the floater at all
    but the skin around my eyes feels better, not feeling dry tightness

• DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:

I think so, too.

Dana

Well, I got the "m" and "o" right.frown  It was a long time ago.  And my brain has been known to scramble memories recently.  indecision  I went looking for a short YouTube clip that would have said it but didn't find one quickly.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175
    Mystarra said:

Floaters are inside your eye.  How can putting oil on the outside of your eye make  difference at all?  You shouldn't believe everything you see on the web.  In fact, probably a good portion of it is not trustworthy.

Dana

DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:

Floaters are inside your eye.  How can putting oil on the outside of your eye make  difference at all?  You shouldn't believe everything you see on the web.  In fact, probably a good portion of it is not trustworthy.

Dana

its desperation. 

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited October 2019
    Mystarra said:

de3an did kewl renders using nasa's new moon maps

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4987861/#Comment_498786

IS IT SAND?  diatematious earth particulates, as in dirt?  will it itch if it gets inside my bathing suit?

Tks for sharing the linkyes...now heading for the dark side...

...well, here it is...

Moon awe pp.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on

bella luna!

fighting with carrara all night.

changed order of operation in dynamic clothes

still need answer to collision detection with hands,

sleepy

...I'd still opt for the Dark Roast 

...ugh, with my air fryer out of commission, I am stuck with having to make my potatoes in a skillet with oil again.  What a mess. 

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Mystarra said:

maybe if i could figure out where the eye lids end i'd have better luck making my own makeup layers.

or a sword.

A petard is a small bomb used for blowing up gates or walls   16th century onwards.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072
    Chohole said:
    Mystarra said:

or a sword.

A petard is a small bomb used for blowing up gates or walls   16th century onwards.

A leotard is a lion-shaped petard.

• Tjohn said:
    Chohole said:
    Mystarra said:

or a sword.

Does that mean a unitard is unicorn shaped?

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,441
    edited October 2019
    Tjohn said:
    Chohole said:
    Mystarra said:

or a sword.

And a "mustard" is...?

Complaint:  The budget beast has raised its ugly head again.  After commiting myself to paying for the new computer(yay) I found it so easy to just squeeze my credit a little harder and get a few more goodies too.blush  Time to stop.sad  Amazon gave me 12 months without interest to pay back my computer parts costs.  I'm going to try to do it in 6 months.  I've already made one $100 payment so the remainder means about $100 extra that has to come out of my monthly budget for the next 6 months.indecision  But the bright side of this is I have no car to feed or fix, and I'm not spending on mini-adventures or restaurant food.  I have just one question though... why is that the bright side?frown

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    kyoto kid said:

...ugh, with my air fryer out of commission, I am stuck with having to make my potatoes in a skillet with oil again.  What a mess. 

I'm uber lazy with potatoes... I take an average size red potato (about the size of an average large tangerine)... (which is about the size of an average fat hamster)... (about the size of four average sized adult mice)... (about the size of a clump of 562 tree crickets... uh...)  anyway...

I take that potato and with a pointy knife or cursed monkey paw (with long nails) stab a series of 1/2 inch (12.7 mm) deep holes into the perimeter of the spud.

I find that the more holes you stab, the more evenly it cooks.. but I'm preferential to stabbing holes in things... if you take the hamster, I mean potato and place the little beggar on a plate and cover it with an appropriate size glass or ceramic bowl and microwave it for 2 minutes (148.9 centiseconds) in a 1200 watt (76 wattnots) microwave oven... place it slightly outside the center if it has a revolving carousel (if you have the kind with the tiny horses, balance the potato on the sleigh or impale it on the unicorn's horn)... after two minutes, flip the hamst... uh, potato over and nuke it for another two minutes... after that, carefully prod the potato to see if it's tender enough or weirdly hard...

Covering the spud with a bowl allows it to steam a bit, so it's usually more tender... 

I don't put plastic in the microwave (unless it's a murderous dolls possessed by the spirit of serial killers)... I like to use glass plates and bowls, as glass seems to allow microwavic energy to pass through it more fastly and unbotheredly... also it cools quicker than ceramic or stoneware... we bought a couple of Pyrex cake covers of various sizes to cover food with in the microwave... I even got a couple of different size glass bowls from dollar stores that work really well.  Be careful with unknown glass, it may shatter or crack if heated and cooled too quickly, but generally I haven't had any problems.

Don't bother using a glass cover when microwaving a murderous doll possessed by the spirit of a serial killer as it takes longer to melt and the overalls get soggy.

The two minute (2+2, so actually four minutes) suggestion is just a suggestion as assorted variables like humidity, spud type, spud size, glass density, crappyness of microwave, microwave wattage, angle of your floor, fat content of hamster, whether or not you have a microwave carousel, how stabby you get and whether you actually have a microwave can all effect the time and quality of your potato nuking experience.

My old microwave had a "potato" setting which actually worked really well for baking potatoes (the long ones that look like giant beetle larvae) and large red potatoes, but that microwave blew up while I was nuking a demonically possessed troll doll... (which was stuffed with fireworks), and our new microwave lacks that feature, so sometimes there is guessing and experimenting with the spuds... but it's great a melting evil troll dolls super fast.

This process works with sweet potatoes too...

Since I forgot why I started writing this, I'll go now...  bye.

Chohole said:
    Mystarra said:

or a sword.

I thought a Petard was a Lycra outfit cats and dogs wear when they jazzercise... same with paw warmers.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    McGyver said:
    Chohole said:
    Mystarra said:

or a sword.

I thought a Petard was a Lycra outfit cats and dogs wear when they jazzercise... same with paw warmers.

I would need Armour, full plate armour, beforeI tried putting a lycra petard on my cats,  especially the smaller one, who is much more hyper than her sister.

• i was going to say i'm indecisive today but i'm not sure that i am and i don't know if i should say so.

• looking at today's sale for the 3rd or 4th time... i must resist temptations... i must resist...

Chohole said:
    McGyver said:
    Chohole said:
    Mystarra said:

or a sword.

I would need Armour, full plate armour, beforeI tried putting a lycra petard on my cats,  especially the smaller one, who is much more hyper than her sister.

a petard has nothing to do with jean luc picard ?

so who is hoisting petards?

theres other verses to the my country tis of thee song.  who knew?

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,441
    edited October 2019

On the potato theme...  I'm not quite as adventurous, but I am methodic.  I have a method and it works so I don't muck with it.indecision  I pick out 6 moderate sized potatoes (all approximately the same size to assure similar cooking done'ness), brush them with a vegetable brush (no potato wants to be boiled with their hair in a mess), use a nice German-made potato torture device to scrape some of the bad skin off and to dig holes in them where their parts stick out or where natural divots in them have begun to rot.devil  although I leave most of their skin on (I'm not completely sadistic).indecision  Then I viciously slice them in twoyesdevil, the long way (if they have a long way) and drop them in my big pot filled 80% with cold water and turn the heat on high.  Similarly to frogs, none of the half-potatoes will attempt to jump out of the pan if the heat rises slowly.cool  I do not cover the pan, but I do watch the pot to make sure no potato thinks he is smarter than the rest and jumps out of the pan (half-potatoes are just as agile as whole potatoes).  After it comes to a boil and the potatoes stop screaming,heart  I turn down the heat enough to keep from boiling over and leaving brown goo on my nice white stove (don't you just hate when than happens?frown).  After about 20 minutes I poke the potatos with a fork to test their fork reluctance.  They should be puncturable but not impaleable or too soft.  At this point the stove is turned off, the pot drained, the pot is filled with cold water for a couple minutes to stop the cooking, the pot is drained again and the hot potatoes sit in the pan for a few minutes to evaporate the remaining water from their surface.  Once relatively dry, the potato halves are placed (rounded side down) in a plastic container (four halves in each container) and loosely covered with the container top to let the remaining moisture and heat out.  The three containers are left on the shelf for the potatoes to cool to almost room temperature, then the tops are fully engaged and the three containers go into the refrigerator.  This is approximately my weekly ration of potatoes.smiley

I like my potatoes firm not mushable.  Firm potatoes can be diced or cubed for use in breakfast preparations.enlightened  If I want a softer potato for lunch or an evening meal I'll zap the partially cooked ones in the microwave for a minute or so, on a plate, under a paper bowl before adding the gravy and vegetables.enlightened  Note:  I buy my paper plates and bowls especially for covering microwave meals to avoid spattering.  Yeah, yeah, I could use a glass cover but I'd have to clean that.  I reuse my splatter guard paper plates and bowls a couple times so I'm at least partially green.cheeky

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    edited October 2019

...sadly french fries (which I was cooking) come out all limp and mushy in the microwave.  Cooking them in a regular oven they get dry and hard and don't seem to have much taste. The nice thing with the air fryer is it works more like a convection oven and they come out crisp just as if you deep, or skillet fried them. I only need to use a small amount of oil (applied with a spray bottle) just to lightly coat them so they come out crisp outside and stay tender inside. 

Haven't cooked fries in a skillet with oil in a long time, paying for it today, ugh.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975
    edited October 2019

kk try in the oven but spray them with oil before putting them in at about 450 for 15 minutes,then check them and turn them over and go for 5 more minutes ,or cook them in the micro first then spray with oil and put under the broiler ,leave the oven door open just a bit   and keep an eye on them cause time is a guesstimate  this way

Post edited by carrie58 on
    kyoto kid said:

...sadly french fries (which I was cooking) come out all limp and mushy in the microwave.  Cooking them in a regular oven they get dry and hard and don't seem to have much taste. The nice thing with the air fryer is it works more like a convection oven and they come out crisp just as if you deep, or skillet fried them. I only need to use a small amount of oil (applied with a spray bottle) just to lightly coat them so they come out crisp outside and stay tender inside. 

Haven't cooked fries in a skillet with oil in a long time, paying for it today, ugh.

Oh, yeah... I should have figured you wanted them fried... I don't know why I went into that whole thing about microwaving hamst.. er...potatoes.

yumma skillet leetl potatoes in olive oil and fresh rosemary or tarragon

This discussion has been closed.