My phone will not charge complaint thread

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    McGyver said:
    kyoto kid said:

...sadly french fries (which I was cooking) come out all limp and mushy in the microwave.  Cooking them in a regular oven they get dry and hard and don't seem to have much taste. The nice thing with the air fryer is it works more like a convection oven and they come out crisp just as if you deep, or skillet fried them. I only need to use a small amount of oil (applied with a spray bottle) just to lightly coat them so they come out crisp outside and stay tender inside. 

Haven't cooked fries in a skillet with oil in a long time, paying for it today, ugh.

Oh, yeah... I should have figured you wanted them fried... I don't know why I went into that whole thing about microwaving hamst.. er...potatoes.

...oh, there are times I prefer a baked potato,particularly with cheese and bacon on it. Using the MW is a lot better for that as it doesn't take as long.

I like LG's method for making a bunch of potatoes to use during the week.  I love cubed hashbrowns and O'Brien potatoes (often with sliced up sausage mixed in and cheese on the top).  Fortunately those only take a minimum amount of oil (usually just a single tablespoon smeared around the inner surface of the skillet).  That sounds like a perfect way to make a big batch of them.  Sometimes all I can find the market are the shredded southern style ones which need more oil and soak it up like a sponge and don't work well in an Air Fryer. 

Used to love potato pancakes but so messy and to come out crisp and not stick, they need more oil than I can stomach at my age.

Glad I had a bottle of ginger beer (NA) left in the fridge, that helped a lot after the high oil intake I experienced last night.

Also had to open the windows a bit to air the cooking oil smell out, fortunately it's a mild day.

[sport]

...#8 Wisconsin just blanked rival Michigan State 38 - 0 for their fourth shutout of the season.  In the six games the Badgers outscored their opponents 255 - 29.  They also racked up 402 yards of offence vs 149 for Sparty with the defence causing two turnovers, one which was an interception that was run back for a Touchdown and the other stopping a last minute drive by MSU to try and put some points on the board. After last year's somewhat lacklustre season, they seem to have a very well balanced and tough as nails squad this year.

Nice to have a big win before going on the road, first to Illinois and then Big Ten powerhouse, Ohio State. If they win both, particularly beating OSU, that will definitely turn some heads..I look for them to rise in the polls as #3 Georgia lost to unranked South Carolina in overtime.

The "cinderella" story is happening in Baseball where the wild card Washington Nationals (who defeated my Milwaukee Brewers) took have taken a 2 - 0 lead in the National League Championship series against St Louis on incredible pitching again, just like last night.  They defeated the Major League leading LA Dodgers (who everyone was expecting to go to the World Series) 3 games to 2 to advance to the NLCS.

Aso in international footy, Croatia takes to the pitch against Wales tomorrow.

[/sport]

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

winged migration time

hearing gaggles of canafian geese,  they announce their travel plans, honking at the top of their lungs.  "make way, coming through"

i have a butterfly tatt near my inner wrist.  i felt that one.  backof my hand, think iwould be too ouchy?
    cold out, my tatts are covered up.  no comments from people about how lovely my butterflies are 

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670
    edited October 2019

I'm going to order some stockings from an online store.  Hopefully the will send me the correct stockings this time.  Last time they sent me the wrong brand.

Post edited by starionwolf on

bwaahh haa haa

was gonna futz around in carrara a few minutes.   hours.  doh  howd that happen

was in ds a cuple hours too, playing with the morph loader pro

the morph was good until i closed the scene and re loaded g8f,  guess there was somehing more to do after load successful

looked at my ds log.  seeing error messages for aiko8 bereft expression. 

• I didn't hit the button on the stuff on my cart yesterday... so now I put new things into my cart that I may not hit the button on.

I keep hoping to see items on my Need list. My Need list are items that will help me to illustrate actual stories I'm working on.

I need to get moving. I have places to go today.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,442
    edited October 2019

Non-complaint:  I've gotten DAZ Studio 4.12 (or is it 4.11?frown) installed and working properly (as far as I can tell). Although I'm still setting up links to my libraries or copies of libraries.  I am very tickled at the speed of my new computer.smiley  No superspeed NVMe SSD storage, no Optane accelerator, and no separate video card, not even a separate video chip on the motherboard.surprise  I'm using the on-chip graphics circuits of the 6-core, Intel i5-8600 CPU chip itself (21st century cool!).cool  Noticeably zippier than my old computer (even with its separate video card) for both viewport manipulation and rendering.  I've even used IRay rendering a couple of times without screaming in frustration.yes

My motherboard is an Asus Prime B360M-A (not overclocked) with appropriate speed 16GB RAM.  I have two hard drives,  a WD-Black 650GB for the "C:" drive and a WD-Black 1TB drive for DAZ libraries.  Backup is to USB3 external drives.

Someday, I will add a 1TB NVMe drive and/or a 32GB Optane accelerator drive.  And I'm even considering a decent Nvida based graphics card.  And of course I could double or even quadruple my RAM.  Wheee...  years of anticipation and tinkering, and of course the joy of spending periodic moderate amounts of money. heart

The CPU graphics circults paired with the motherboard sockets even provide three (configurable and simultaneously useable) outputs (HDMI, DVI and VGA).  I'm using two.  One(DVI) to my monitor, and one(HDMI) to my 42" TV.  I'm hoping to finally get to play "Obduction" from my lazy man recliner chair.blush  

Complaint:  In order to get my DAZ Studio installed with minimum tinkering with installation paths I uninstalled DAZ Studio and the  DAZ installation daemon thingie to start fresh.  I then converted my standard user login account to a privileged administrative account, and installed DAZ Studio again.  Apparently now that this account has enough privileges it concedes to install stuff in my account foldersyes instead of spraying it elsewhereangry.  HOWEVER, it remains to be seen if my account with my DAZ installed in my folders continues to work properly when I re-convert my login account back to a standard non-privileged account.  Stay tuned.indecision

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • my plans for the day have been canceled. now i have to figure out what i'm having for lunch. 

• Frost on the pumpkins here this morning until 10:00AM surprise  I'm staying home, in the warm, playing "Obduction" from my chair.yes

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited October 2019
    McGyver said:

I'm uber lazy with potatoes... I take an average size red potato (about the size of an average large tangerine)... (which is about the size of an average fat hamster)...

For clarification, here are various common potato sizes:

potato hampster.jpg
    1151 x 350 - 69K
    Post edited by sriesch on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175
    sriesch said:
    McGyver said:

I'm uber lazy with potatoes... I take an average size red potato (about the size of an average large tangerine)... (which is about the size of an average fat hamster)...

For clarification, here are various common potato sizes:

I see you have both stuffed and loaded varieties!

Danalaugh

...the one downside potatoes compared to hamsters is when you put them in the wheel to generate power they just sit there and don't move.  However, you can stick a galvanised nail and a penny into a potato, hook up leads to each, and it will generate power itself, no hamster feed, squeaky hamster wheel, or messy droppings to deal with. The issue here is that potatoes don't hold a very powerful charge so to power anything useful, you have to hook up multiple ones in a series array (which could take up a lot of space). Also after a week or so they start to go bad, sprout from the eyes, and turn all soft & squishy, as well as lose their charge.

Need to find a better way to keep the power bill down this winter asI fear it will be a long cold one which will require turning the heater on a lot.

my exer peddling goes to waste.  if only could harness peddle power to the retro encabulator, chaerge some cel phone batteries.

do ssd drives take less psu juice than spinning hard disks. want to upgrade to 4gb gpu but dont think haz the juice

wondering a usb3 flash drive be fast enough to use as an external runtime drive.

• I've had 5 items in my cart all day... they would be nice to have but at this point i don't know if they are must haves even at 1.99 or 2.99. especially when i'm not thrilled with a couple things i've purchased. 

being frugal is annoying...

if it makes you happy, can't be that baa aa aa aad

what is a matza ball made of?  what does a matza come from?

savethe hamsters from the V aliens.  run lil hammy runnn

caption:  I'se scintelating

• kyoto kid said:

...the one downside potatoes compared to hamsters ... However, you can stick a galvanised nail and a penny into a potato, ...  after a week or so they start to go bad, sprout from the eyes, and turn all soft & squishy, as well as lose their charge.

Much the same as hamsters.surprise

Mystarra said:

my exer peddling goes to waste.  if only could harness peddle power to the retro encabulator, chaerge some cel phone batteries.

do ssd drives take less psu juice than spinning hard disks. want to upgrade to 4gb gpu but dont think haz the juice

wondering a usb3 flash drive be fast enough to use as an external runtime drive.

I have a 128GB USB3 thumb drive.  Our laptop has USB3.  It's very fast!  When I plug it into my computer, it takes a while to read it and be ready for access.  When I plug it into the laptop, it's ready before I even get a File Explorer window opened!

Dana

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072

Shopping...

DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:

I have a 128GB USB3 thumb drive.  Our laptop has USB3.  It's very fast!  When I plug it into my computer, it takes a while to read it and be ready for access.  When I plug it into the laptop, it's ready before I even get a File Explorer window opened!

Dana

talked me into it.  lol  amazon prime should get it to me tomorrow.  starting off with a 32gigger.

Mystarra said:
    DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:

Dana

talked me into it.  lol  amazon prime should get it to me tomorrow.  starting off with a 32gigger.

Will that be big enough for your runtime?  Or are you just going to experiment first?

Dana

edited October 2019

kyoto kid said:

...the one downside potatoes compared to hamsters ... However, you can stick a galvanised nail and a penny into a potato, ...  after a week or so they start to go bad, sprout from the eyes, and turn all soft & squishy, as well as lose their charge.

...but potatoes don't squirm and squeal when you put the nail and penny into them.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • kyoto kid said:

kyoto kid said:

...but potatoes don't squirm and squeal when you put the nail and penny into them.

Look at us, with all this expert knowlege of hamster batteries.surprise

• i felt asleep sitting in my chair and was having one of those light sleep dreams. something scared me in the dream and i woke up screaming.

in other news... blargh

• complaint: clothing that refuses to be posed or conform or have any morphs to help make it work. Shadow Thief you are in my penalty box.

kyoto kid said:

kyoto kid said:

Look at us, with all this expert knowlege of hamster batteries.surprise

...yeah, you'd think Elon Musk would be knocking at our doors by now.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,442
    edited October 2019

Non-complaint:  Rainy outside, coldish too.  I've stayed inside, lazing in my lazy chair, playing Obduction* on my big TV with a wireless keyboard/touchpad thingie that I dug out of my storage boxes.  I also found a long audio cable and hooked it into my audio switch so I can pipe the sound from my new computer into my main speakers (I never did find my other pair of good speakerssad) and my spiffy wireless headphones.  Obduction runs like a dream with the graphics capabilities of the i5-8600 CPU chip (none of my other computers or video cards could handle it without sputtering or crashing). smiley 

Complaint:  I'm not completely lazed yet.  I have to get up out of my chair to push a button to change the audio switch to get my computer sound into my speaker/headphone system.  So, I poked around at Amazon and ordered a remote control audio/video switch that uses standard RCA plugs(red, white & yellow).  I wanted one that just handled standard stereo audio 1/8 inch diameter phone plugs but apparently that went out with the last century.  Everything today is combined with video either as HDMI or DVI and if you look really hard you can find RCA-jack A/V switches for us old fogies.  And I only found two models that had remote control and were under $30.  Anything else with RCA jacks was up over $200.surprise  Anybody want a storage box completely full of last century audio cables with RCA plugs, and oodles of adapters and splitters & combiners for 1/8" & 1/4" plugs too?  Modern technology... bah humbug... why use HDMI cables when two parallel wires were good enough for my grandfather...  Ever try to cut & splice an HDMI cable with a pocket knife & soldering gun? cheeky

Playing with electronics was so much more fun when you could get your thrills by accidentally shorting out the flyback transformer of your analog TVindecision

Playing with your hi-fi system was so much more convenient when you could set your dinner plate on top of your audio amplifier to keep your food warm while you reloaded the record stack.

Obduction trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xP3V1XSZns

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:
    DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:

Dana

Will that be big enough for your runtime?  Or are you just going to experiment first?

Dana

experiment firsr. smiley

i'm redoing my content lib, only installing stuff i'll actually render in near future.  and breaking hair and clothes and enviros into separate libs.

i just need to figure out which PA stores don't use baked in highlights.
    and figure out which characters use unique textures,  not the same old merch resource skins

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    Mystarra said:
    DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:
    DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:

Dana

Dana

experiment firsr. smiley

i'm redoing my content lib, only installing stuff i'll actually render in near future.  and breaking hair and clothes and enviros into separate libs.

i just need to figure out which PA stores don't use baked in highlights.
    and figure out which characters use unique textures,  not the same old merch resource skins

non complaint...pretty happy now that wowie shared his new AWE Hair shader for 3DL. Allows you to just delete those diffusemaps with baked in highlights:) Works wonders with all those Gen4 /G1 hair propsyes

complaint, dicing and slicing potatoes and tomatoes are scary when can barely see where my fingers are

other complaits  for some reasn i installed the ds versions of old pc+ sets.  it's a mess

This discussion has been closed.