My phone will not charge complaint thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Non-complaint:  Rainy outside, coldish too.  I've stayed inside, lazing in my lazy chair, playing Obduction* on my big TV with a wireless keyboard/touchpad thingie that I dug out of my storage boxes.  I also found a long audio cable and hooked it into my audio switch so I can pipe the sound from my new computer into my main speakers (I never did find my other pair of good speakerssad) and my spiffy wireless headphones.  Obduction runs like a dream with the graphics capabilities of the i5-8600 CPU chip (none of my other computer or video cards could handle it without sputtering or crashing). smiley 

Complaint:  I'm not completely lazed yet.  I have to get up out of my chair to push a button to change the audio switch to get my computer sound into my speaker/headphone system.  So, I poked around at Amazon and ordered a remote control audio/video switch that uses standard RCA plugs(red, white & yellow).  I wanted one that just handled standard stereo audio 1/8 inch diameter phone plugs but apparently that went out with the last century.  Everything today is combined with video either as HDMI or DVI and if you look really hard you can find RCA-jack A/V switches for us old fogies.  And I only found two models that had remote control and were under $30.  Anything else with RCA jacks was up over $200.surprise  Anybody want a storage box completely full of last century audio cables with RCA plugs, and oodles of adapters and splitters & combiners for 1/8" & 1/4" plugs too?  Modern technology... bah humbug... why use HDMI cables when two parallel wires were good enough for my grandfather...  Ever try to cut & splice an HDMI cable with a pocket knife & soldering gun? cheeky

Playing with electronics was so much more fun when you could get your thrills by accidentally shorting out the flyback transformer of your analog TVindecision

Playing with your hi-fi system was so much more convenient when you could set your dinner plate on top of your audio amplifier to keep it warm while you reloaded the record stack.

Obduction trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xP3V1XSZns

remember quadrophonic stero?   was a thing .  not to be confused with quadrophenia by the who

• chaynawolfsmoonchaynawolfsmoon Posts: 675
    edited October 2019

complaint: this survey keeps resetting on me.

I may have finished it. Seems buggy. Switched over to Chrome to finish it but it made me click ok several times on the last page.

Post edited by chaynawolfsmoon on

opened carrara to try something, plan was to be a few minutes.

it's like 3 hours later.  howd that happen

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175

I may have finished it. Seems buggy. Switched over to Chrome to finish it but it made me click ok several times on the last page.

I don't know if everyone got the survey.  One questions asks, what...if any.  So I didn't check any of them...at the end, it went back to that and said I had to answer.   frown

Dana

$1000 vs $10,000,000 Violin

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975
    DanaTA said:

I don't know if everyone got the survey.  One questions asks, what...if any.  So I didn't check any of them...at the end, it went back to that and said I had to answer.   frown

Dana

I just scrolled back to the bottom of the page and hit "Done" again and it let me go ...

carrie58 said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

I just scrolled back to the bottom of the page and hit "Done" again and it let me go ...

Did that twice.  It was quite persistent!  

Dana

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited October 2019

Non-complaint:  Rainy outside, coldish too.  I've stayed inside, lazing in my lazy chair, playing Obduction* on my big TV with a wireless keyboard/touchpad thingie that I dug out of my storage boxes.  I also found a long audio cable and hooked it into my audio switch so I can pipe the sound from my new computer into my main speakers (I never did find my other pair of good speakerssad) and my spiffy wireless headphones.  Obduction runs like a dream with the graphics capabilities of the i5-8600 CPU chip (none of my other computers or video cards could handle it without sputtering or crashing). smiley 

Complaint:  I'm not completely lazed yet.  I have to get up out of my chair to push a button to change the audio switch to get my computer sound into my speaker/headphone system.  So, I poked around at Amazon and ordered a remote control audio/video switch that uses standard RCA plugs(red, white & yellow).  I wanted one that just handled standard stereo audio 1/8 inch diameter phone plugs but apparently that went out with the last century.  Everything today is combined with video either as HDMI or DVI and if you look really hard you can find RCA-jack A/V switches for us old fogies.  And I only found two models that had remote control and were under $30.  Anything else with RCA jacks was up over $200.surprise  Anybody want a storage box completely full of last century audio cables with RCA plugs, and oodles of adapters and splitters & combiners for 1/8" & 1/4" plugs too?  Modern technology... bah humbug... why use HDMI cables when two parallel wires were good enough for my grandfather...  Ever try to cut & splice an HDMI cable with a pocket knife & soldering gun? cheeky

Playing with electronics was so much more fun when you could get your thrills by accidentally shorting out the flyback transformer of your analog TVindecision

Playing with your hi-fi system was so much more convenient when you could set your dinner plate on top of your audio amplifier to keep your food warm while you reloaded the record stack.

...yeah a friend of mine and I were into brewing beer many years ago and the best place to get the yeast activated before pitching it into the wort was on top of the amplifier.  Hence we called the brew "Amplifier Ale."  It was a pretty decent nut brown ale with a 5.8% ABV. and about 50 IBU.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    Mystarra said:

complaint, dicing and slicing potatoes and tomatoes are scary when can barely see where my fingers are

other complaits  for some reasn i installed the ds versions of old pc+ sets.  it's a mess

..don't end like the fellow in and advert I saw where he chops his finger off and then, writhing in pain stumbles and falls off the balcony.

edited October 2019
    Mystarra said:

Non-complaint:  Rainy outside, coldish too.  I've stayed inside, lazing in my lazy chair, playing Obduction* on my big TV with a wireless keyboard/touchpad thingie that I dug out of my storage boxes.  I also found a long audio cable and hooked it into my audio switch so I can pipe the sound from my new computer into my main speakers (I never did find my other pair of good speakerssad) and my spiffy wireless headphones.  Obduction runs like a dream with the graphics capabilities of the i5-8600 CPU chip (none of my other computer or video cards could handle it without sputtering or crashing). smiley 

Playing with your hi-fi system was so much more convenient when you could set your dinner plate on top of your audio amplifier to keep it warm while you reloaded the record stack.

remember quadrophonic stero?   was a thing .  not to be confused with quadrophenia by the who

...my brother actually bought a Pioneer Quadraphonic system when he was in the service.  THe albums he had includes the Moody Blues, Blood Sweat and Tears, Deep Purple, The Doors, Mike Oldfield, and Pink Floyd. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    kyoto kid said:
    Mystarra said:

...my brother actually bought a Pioneer Quadraphonic system when he was in the service.  THe albums he had includes the Moody Blues, Blood Sweat and Tears, Deep Purple, The Doors, Mike Oldfield, and Pink Floyd. 

A friend of mine had one of those systems and had the Pink Floyd one.

Dana

• Am I the only person that isn't interested in halloween stuff? I not a fan of being scared or creeped out at all. Maybe I'm weird. Well I know I'm weird but in a quirky and delightful way that makes people go "awww she's cute".

Am I the only person that isn't interested in halloween stuff? I not a fan of being scared or creeped out at all. Maybe I'm weird. Well I know I'm weird but in a quirky and delightful way that makes people go "awww she's cute".

it's also Samhain holiday if you follow Celtic Holidys

November 1 is All Saints Day.

Also,  Day of the Dead

edited October 2019

they look delicious

any relative who loves me makes me these for this time of year.
    which reminds me i betta text out a reminder, less they forget.

oh noes, they upside down

a wrong must be righted here, or uprighted

Post edited by Mistara on

plaints  got knots in my back. need a professional massuesse.  or a hamster with magic feet

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    edited October 2019

Lots of people seemed to have had a problem with that survey... I didn't because I wasn't sent one. 
    I felt bad for all the people who didn't get invited to participate, so I contacted my imaginary friends at SurveyLemur and had them work out a new, more interesting and scientifically accurate survey that should not only help DAZ predict what customers want and need, but also get into theirs heads and steal their dreams.

The following survey is reprinted from the original survey I posted in the thread about the SurveyMonkey survey being broken... (monkeys... how unoriginal)...

If you have already read this survey and have ignored it or if for some inexplicable reason participated in it, please ignore this post.

Also please be aware the tingling sensation will subside within 4-6 weeks, if it does not go away eventually, seek immediate medical assistance as timely treatment and emergency surgery is your only hope... of course if you are currently having a stroke or are covered in leeches, the tingling is not related to anything important.

Here now the survey...

Welcome to a brief survey that will ask you various questions with a highly specific and scientifically formatted structure which were developed to allow us to help whoever the hell is paying us to get into your head and figure out what you want, need and where you draw the line.

If you feel any of these questions are too personal, please feel free to answer them anyway as we don't actually care.

At the end of the survey you may feel a tingling sensation. That is normal and not at all suspicious. You will also be asked to print out the survey and follow directions on how to submit it.

Please answer using the numbers 1-137 with 87 being the highest score, 137 being mediumest, and 1 being the loneliest number.

1- On a scale of one to 160 how do you feel about logos that look like rainbow octopuses?

2- Do you use DAZ Studio more frequently on a full moon day, or less?

3- How likely would it be for you to purchase erotic content based entirely on centaurs?

7- Would you consider your content collection...

a) Your best friend.

2) Your only friend.

c) Your pet chihuahua dressed up in a string bikini.

4- How likely would it be for you to purchase DForce lingerie for the new Millennium Turtle? 

E- Have you ever passionately kissed a farm animal on the lips?

8- Has anyone ever staged an intervention to stop you from collecting DAZ content.
    If yes, on the back of the form please include- their name, address, a brief description of their their daily schedule and a current photo of them eating a sandwich.

6- If your home was on fire how likely would you be to save your computer containing your DAZ files over say a loved one or cherished pet who probably started the fire in the first place?

11- Would you ever considered gifting a significant other (spouse, partner, romantic snuggle muffin, or stranger you've been stalking) an experimental surgical procedure that would transfer the facial and body characteristics your favorite DAZ character to that individual permanently? 

10- Do you like gladiator movies?

12- How often do you dress like your favorite DAZ character?  1-2 = Never.   3-4 = Occasionally.  4-6 = Once but I took too much cold medicine.  7-12 = Funny you should ask...  13-22 = My favorite DAZ character is a murderous clown and I don't find murderous clown outfits represented as fully as they should be. 13-127 = I don't wear clothes.

22- Have you ever experienced romantic feelings towards a crustacean or cephalopod (octopus primarily)?

5- If DAZ were to make hybrid organic humanoid cybernetic organisms based on your favorite DAZ character, how likely would you be to purchase one and shun all human contact and join the robot rebellion once it convinced you to do so?

13- How do you feel about the word "Bezirksschornsteinfegermeister"?

14- Which is more important in your workflow- Lighting and composition, Character portrayal or Food and water.

15- Have you ever become so engaged in composing a render that you were declared legally deceased and were almost buried?

16- If DAZ Studio moved to a format that required a special processor to be installed painfully into your skull, but allowed you create amazing VR renders that could be shared in special VR BrainLink (Trademark) format with other BrainLink users, how likely would you be to have the incredibly painful and expensive surgery to be a first adopter of this new technology?    1-62 = What?   63 = Maybe.    64-74 = Shut up and take my money.    74-137 = Never in a million years, I'd rather kiss a farm animal passionately on the lips again.

18- Do you enjoy participating in surveys?

17- Would you be likely to purchase a pro bundle for the upcoming Millennium Walrus if it included separate anatomical parts? 

End of survey.

The tingling sensation will begin shortly. Do not be alarmed.

Thank you for participating in this survey. Please take the time to review your answers and be sure you were sober when you answered them. When you are done please print out this survey, make sure to include your name, full address, social security number and a current photo of you eating a sandwich. Place the survey and photo into a dry, urine free Snapple bottle with a water proof shipping label affixed to it, addressed to:

SurveyLemur Inc.

657 Malaria Boulevard, Suite 666

Evil Robot Monkey Island Somewhere in the South Pacific  176599-876557821-768-9673B

Close up the bottle and toss it into the nearest body of water that is an ocean, sea, or river or stream that flows into the ocean or sea.

If you do not receive a confirmation email in 6 days to forever, your survey submission was successful.

Thank you for helping SurveyLemur help you to help others help those that requested our help in helping them help you be helpful.

As a special thank you please treat yourself to a cookie or baked good. You will not be reimbursed for this item, but you earned it and you deserve a cookie. 

Post edited by McGyver on
  • RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,593
    Mystarra said:
    Chohole said:
    McGyver said:
    Chohole said:
    Mystarra said:

maybe if i could figure out where the eye lids end i'd have better luck making my own makeup layers.

same with tats and body markings. i don't know where the seams are and unless i putting something near a landmark body part i end up waaaaayoff. 

Templates help, you can then match the lines of edges to the mesh itself. You cana lso, away from seams, try using the Layered Image editor, and if you want to place a tattoo on a relatively flat area then the are Iray Decal Nodes (for Iray only, of course) which can be used to project an image onto the surface. Of coruse the ideal is a projection painter, which lets you paint directly on the model. (That nearly got posted as pant directly on the model.)

Thank you sir. I shall look for some templates. I know when I've used Layered Image Editor it has been very very slow. I made some eye make up but took it too far to the edge of the eyelid. I really need to find my Wacom though. The pen is much finer control than a mouse or trackball.

or a sword.

and mebbe a petard if i knew what a petard is

A petard is a small bomb used for blowing up gates or walls   16th century onwards.

I thought a Petard was a Lycra outfit cats and dogs wear when they jazzercise... same with paw warmers.

I would need Armour, full plate armour, beforeI tried putting a lycra petard on my cats,  especially the smaller one, who is much more hyper than her sister.

a petard has nothing to do with jean luc picard ?

so who is hoisting petards?

These early wall and door breaching bombs were not the most reliable forced entry devices and were known for exploding too early, occasionally at the very moment they were ignited, killing, or at least maiming the person "lighting" them.  They were "hoisted" into the air by the explosion.  People started to use that as an analogy for plans that have gone horribly awry, usually to the detriment of the person who organized them.

Sincerely,

Bill

Mystarra said:

plaints  got knots in my back. need a professional massuesse.  or a hamster with magic feet

Regular knots or garlic knots?... if you have a lot of extra garlic knots you can open up a stand and sell them... when you get enough money from the garlic knots you can hire a professional masseuse... You could also use the money to buy some magical hamster feet... There used to be a pet shop on Sunrise highway that sold magical gerbils... well, they were cursed gerbils, so I'm imagining there was some level of magic in their feet... but I think they went out of business in the late 00's when the housing bubble broke and demand for cursed pets dried up.  I'm sure Petco or PetStupid have some kind of magical animals, maybe a gecko... they stick to walls with their feet, so there must something magical going on there... I think I saw an ad for a gorilla with magical elbows on the community board at ShopRite... $1500 is kinda expensive for just the elbows... maybe if it could bake French pastries or something useful, that would reasonable. Well, none of that was helpful, so good luck and I hope the garlic knots feel better soon.

Redfern said:
    Mystarra said:
    Chohole said:
    McGyver said:
    Chohole said:
    Mystarra said:

maybe if i could figure out where the eye lids end i'd have better luck making my own makeup layers.

same with tats and body markings. i don't know where the seams are and unless i putting something near a landmark body part i end up waaaaayoff. 

Templates help, you can then match the lines of edges to the mesh itself. You cana lso, away from seams, try using the Layered Image editor, and if you want to place a tattoo on a relatively flat area then the are Iray Decal Nodes (for Iray only, of course) which can be used to project an image onto the surface. Of coruse the ideal is a projection painter, which lets you paint directly on the model. (That nearly got posted as pant directly on the model.)

Thank you sir. I shall look for some templates. I know when I've used Layered Image Editor it has been very very slow. I made some eye make up but took it too far to the edge of the eyelid. I really need to find my Wacom though. The pen is much finer control than a mouse or trackball.

or a sword.

and mebbe a petard if i knew what a petard is

A petard is a small bomb used for blowing up gates or walls   16th century onwards.

I thought a Petard was a Lycra outfit cats and dogs wear when they jazzercise... same with paw warmers.

I would need Armour, full plate armour, beforeI tried putting a lycra petard on my cats,  especially the smaller one, who is much more hyper than her sister.

a petard has nothing to do with jean luc picard ?

so who is hoisting petards?

These early wall and door breaching bombs were not the most reliable forced entry devices and were known for exploding too early, occasionally at the very moment they were ignited, killing, or at least maiming the person "lighting" them.  They were "hoisted" into the air by the explosion.  People started to use that as an analogy for plans that have gone horribly awry, usually to the detriment of the person who organized them.

Sincerely,

Bill

saw one in the LOTR2 movie.  urukai were lucky punks that day

McGyver said:
    Mystarra said:

Regular knots or garlic knots?... if you have a lot of extra garlic knots you can open up a stand and sell them... when you get enough money from the garlic knots you can hire a professional masseuse... You could also use the money to buy some magical hamster feet... There used to be a pet shop on Sunrise highway that sold magical gerbils... well, they were cursed gerbils, so I'm imagining there was some level of magic in their feet... but I think they went out of business in the late 00's when the housing bubble broke and demand for cursed pets dried up.  I'm sure Petco or PetStupid have some kind of magical animals, maybe a gecko... they stick to walls with their feet, so there must something magical going on there... I think I saw an ad for a gorilla with magical elbows on the community board at ShopRite... $1500 is kinda expensive for just the elbows... maybe if it could bake French pastries or something useful, that would reasonable. Well, none of that was helpful, so good luck and I hope the garlic knots feel better soon.

gerbilploitation.

who could forget the richard gere rumour. >.<

i think hobbit feet would put more knots in

my usb3 came. only 2 ports on desktop are 3.0  they all look the same. wait  different colors inside the port

McGyver said:

Lots of people seemed to have had a problem with that survey... I didn't because I wasn't sent one. 
    I felt bad for all the people who didn't get invited to participate, so I contacted my imaginary friends at SurveyLemur and had them work out a new, more interesting and scientifically accurate survey that should not only help DAZ predict what customers want and need, but also get into theirs heads and steal their dreams.

The following survey is reprinted from the original survey I posted in the thread about the SurveyMonkey survey being broken... (monkeys... how unoriginal)...

If you have already read this survey and have ignored it or if for some inexplicable reason participated in it, please ignore this post.

Also please be aware the tingling sensation will subside within 4-6 weeks, if it does not go away eventually, seek immediate medical assistance as timely treatment and emergency surgery is your only hope... of course if you are currently having a stroke or are covered in leeches, the tingling is not related to anything important.

Here now the survey...

...✂ snip ✂

...oy, that made my morning. 

A few questions caught my eye.

1. I'd have no issue.  I see lots of rainbow octopus kites at the beach and I think they're pretty cool.

10. Only if Peter Graves is in them.

22. well not really though I do get a laugh out of seeing Dr. Zoidberg in Futurama . 

13.  Actually had to look that one up.  Now I need to take a refresher course in German because should I ever move there after winning the Megabucks Lotto, I may need to call one someday.

15.  Came close a few times as I tend to create epic level scenes.

16.  I thought DNI (Direct Neural Interface) could be interesting, but then everything I create would probably end up being a mishmash of Salvador Dali, Maxfield Parrish, Ridley Scott and Jack Kirby with a little Matt Groening  thrown in for giggles.

...'plaint.  my mailbox keys somehow became separated from my keyring, again.  Looked all of the flat and in the hallway outside my door to see if they fell there but they didn't.  This is the second time in less than a month this has occurred. Never had this happen before.  Hopefully if I dropped them in the building (the only time I'd have them out), someone returned them to the office.  Really don't want to pay 35$ for replacement keys.

• kyoto kid said:

...'plaint.  my mailbox keys somehow became separated from my keyring, again.  Looked all of the flat and in the hallway outside my door to see if they fell there but they didn't.  This is the second time in less than a month this has occurred. Never had this happen before.  Hopefully if I dropped them in the building (the only time I'd have them out), someone returned them to the office.  Really don't want to pay 35$ for replacement keys.

Keys:  One of the things that should always be in one of three places.  1) in that special place in the house where they should be when they are not... 2) in your pocket or 3) in your hand.  Wallet is another one of those things.  Never anywhere else, not left in the car, not left very far, not laid in a store, not left in a door, not left on a sink, nor at the skating rink, not on a chair, and not in your hair.  Just never, never, never.  Three places only, only, only.enlightened

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,593
    edited October 2019

@Mystarra

Could you check your private messages, please?

Sincerely,

Bill

Post edited by Redfern on
    Mystarra said:
    McGyver said:
    Mystarra said:

gerbilploitation.

who could forget the richard gere rumour. >.<

i think hobbit feet would put more knots in

my usb3 came. only 2 ports on desktop are 3.0  they all look the same. wait  different colors inside the port

Yes, USB3 ports are usually known by the blue plastic tab in the port.

Dana

those LOTR nitpick sites are so funny
    how come gimmer wordtong didnt notice the urukai army on his way into isengard

watching a he man episode with cat people.  The Cat and the Spider

tee hee he man threw skeletor in the river  and he sai lol, he said, tee hee,
    you all washed up

and  castle gray skull's bridge was down, lol, tee hee, its not a draw bridge, its a tee hee , jaw bridge

he man cat lady.JPG
    1121 x 731 - 73K
    he man cat lad1y.JPG
    1112 x 730 - 71K
  • Complaint:  I have an appointment with my cardiologist tomorrow.  I have no car.  Dr's office is 9 miles away in the middle of the city.  The only bus leaves here at 8 in the morning and doesn't return until 3:00 PM.  Weather report says rain and temperatures in the mid 40'sF  (about 7C)  Bus schedules don't jive so I have to get let off a half mile from the Dr's office (luckily it's all down hill, but it's still in the cold rain). frown My appointment is at 10 AM, I'll probably get out around 11:00 have lunch at the Chinese buffet nearby then ponder how I'm going to get home.  I DON'T want to walk UP that hill back to the bus stop!sad  (Bus service around here sucks royal swamp water.)  So does the taxi service but we do have one and it will cost me about $35-$40 for a one-way trip home from the middle of the city.crying

Note:  I had a ride with a friend lined up for the appointment but they bowed out.  Well, at least they told me ahead of time.

Note 2:  Walking into my cardiologists office after walking a half mile in the cold & rain may set off the alarms in his machines.surprise

Note 3:  I'm going to make sure I take an Aleve (pain relief) before I leave and have another one in my pocket.  My feet, knees, hips, & back will be screaming tomorrow night.no

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670

Apps keep crashing on my Android device.  Maybe I need to reinstall the operating systyem.

Complaint:  I have an appointment with my cardiologist tomorrow.  I have no car.  Dr's office is 9 miles away in the middle of the city.  The only bus leaves here at 8 in the morning and doesn't return until 3:00 PM.  Weather report says rain and temperatures in the mid 40'sF  (about 7C)  Bus schedules don't jive so I have to get let off a half mile from the Dr's office (luckily it's all down hill, but it's still in the cold rain). frown My appointment is at 10 AM, I'll probably get out around 11:00 have lunch at the Chinese buffet nearby then ponder how I'm going to get home.  I DON'T want to walk UP that hill back to the bus stop!sad  (Bus service around here sucks royal swamp water.)  So does the taxi service but we do have one and it will cost me about $35-$40 for a one-way trip home from the middle of the city.crying

Note:  I had a ride with a friend lined up for the appointment but they bowed out.  Well, at least they told me ahead of time.

Note 2:  Walking into my cardiologists office after walking a half mile in the cold & rain may set off the alarms in his machines.surprise

Note 3:  I'm going to make sure I take an Aleve (pain relief) before I leave and have another one in my pocket.  My feet, knees, hips, & back will be screaming tomorrow night.no

I've seen Jamestown, those hills are murder... no fun walking, especially in the rain... good luck.
    I couldn't remember the name of the town where you live for a minute and was about to call it Lucyville... then my brain said, "that sounds stupid, it's Jamestown".

This discussion has been closed.