My phone will not charge complaint thread

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175

Complaint:  I have an appointment with my cardiologist tomorrow.  I have no car.  Dr's office is 9 miles away in the middle of the city.  The only bus leaves here at 8 in the morning and doesn't return until 3:00 PM.  Weather report says rain and temperatures in the mid 40'sF  (about 7C)  Bus schedules don't jive so I have to get let off a half mile from the Dr's office (luckily it's all down hill, but it's still in the cold rain). frown My appointment is at 10 AM, I'll probably get out around 11:00 have lunch at the Chinese buffet nearby then ponder how I'm going to get home.  I DON'T want to walk UP that hill back to the bus stop!sad  (Bus service around here sucks royal swamp water.)  So does the taxi service but we do have one and it will cost me about $35-$40 for a one-way trip home from the middle of the city.crying

Note:  I had a ride with a friend lined up for the appointment but they bowed out.  Well, at least they told me ahead of time.

Note 2:  Walking into my cardiologists office after walking a half mile in the cold & rain may set off the alarms in his machines.surprise

Note 3:  I'm going to make sure I take an Aleve (pain relief) before I leave and have another one in my pocket.  My feet, knees, hips, & back will be screaming tomorrow night.no

Don't you have something like a Citizens for Citizens bus that will pick you up?

Dana

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,441
    edited October 2019
    McGyver said:

Complaint:  I have an appointment with my cardiologist tomorrow.  I have no car.  Dr's office is 9 miles away in the middle of the city.  The only bus leaves here at 8 in the morning and doesn't return until 3:00 PM.  Weather report says rain and temperatures in the mid 40'sF  (about 7C)  Bus schedules don't jive so I have to get let off a half mile from the Dr's office (luckily it's all down hill, but it's still in the cold rain). frown My appointment is at 10 AM, I'll probably get out around 11:00 have lunch at the Chinese buffet nearby then ponder how I'm going to get home.  I DON'T want to walk UP that hill back to the bus stop!sad  (Bus service around here sucks royal swamp water.)  So does the taxi service but we do have one and it will cost me about $35-$40 for a one-way trip home from the middle of the city.crying

Note:  I had a ride with a friend lined up for the appointment but they bowed out.  Well, at least they told me ahead of time.

Note 2:  Walking into my cardiologists office after walking a half mile in the cold & rain may set off the alarms in his machines.surprise

Note 3:  I'm going to make sure I take an Aleve (pain relief) before I leave and have another one in my pocket.  My feet, knees, hips, & back will be screaming tomorrow night.no

I've seen Jamestown, those hills are murder... no fun walking, especially in the rain... good luck.
    I couldn't remember the name of the town where you live for a minute and was about to call it Lucyville... then my brain said, "that sounds stupid, it's Jamestown".

Non-Complaint:  Wheee... a mini-adventure.  I rode the local "bus" into the city (horrible experience that would violate the TOS of this forum to relate) but talking with the driver (the only other "normal" person on the bus) revealed that there was indeed a bus from the transfer station down the hill to the medical center and I did NOT have to walk in the rain (heavy, heavy cold, nasty rain) so I got to the cardiologist a half hour early, was taken in 25 minutes early, and was out and having breakfast at Tim Hortons before my originally scheduled appointment with the doctor.  At Tim Horton's I picked up a half price half-dozen donuts to take home, AND a half-price breakfast wrap to eat there because the server permitted me to use two coupons on the same visitcool.  Which is totally against their rulessurprise  I guess she liked my black leather motorcycle jacket and black leather cowboy hat (i.e. LeatherGryphon rain gear).  I didn't argue.  Then I sat and ate my breakfast and tried to figure out how to use the UBER app on my new phone.  Finally after about 5 tries I got connected to the in-store WiFi, used the UBER app correctly, and made my pickup appointment.  I had 18 minutes so I ran through the rain to the bank next door and got my cash for the month and ran back in the rain to Tim Horton's expecting to wait another 13 minutes, but he was already there.  Really nice car.  Pleasant, intelligent driver.  Far nicer than the rusted out taxis with rabid right-wing neanderthal drivers that are typical of this city.  AND the fare from the city, 9 miles back to my home in the corn fields was only $17.  Just $1 more than a taxi had once charged me for a much shorter ride.   Wheee.  I took an UBER ride for the first time.yes  Look out 21st century, here I come!

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

it's like the day i heard, Jeremy speak in class

its benefits enrollment for 2020.  my medical ins changing  new ded for next year is 3.900 single 
    no big deal cuz i aint neverrr going to quacks everr again.

increased 401k to 8 percents, pre tax  so complicated, lowering my tax burden, who knows, might even come out ahead in take home bux. 

mabel8, mrschow8, holding at 27 each, i leave them in the cart to see what their morning bell is. lol  

is passed lunch time

heard a radio ad for Bayville Scream Park, yep, is screaming indeeds

feels emptier without miss kulay,  

Mystarra said:

its benefits enrollment for 2020.  my medical ins changing  new ded for next year is 3.900 single 

increased 401k to 8 percents, pre tax  so complicated, lowering my tax burden, who knows, might even come out ahead in take home bux. 

mabel8, mrschow8, holding at 27 each, i leave them in the cart to see what their morning bell is. lol  

is passed lunch time

Remember that when you start withdrawing from your 401K, you will also have to start paying taxes on it.  And the tax rate will likely be higher than it is now.  That's the downside.

Dana

DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:

is passed lunch time

Remember that when you start withdrawing from your 401K, you will also have to start paying taxes on it.  And the tax rate will likely be higher than it is now.  That's the downside.

Dana

i not waiting for 67.  not too much longer for me smiley
    more important to my retirement is the exchange rates.  going to Cardiff.  or New Hampshire if Wales won't let me in.

why does everyone take for granted i'm gonna pay for that medicare add-on?
    sounds like bull scat to me

complaint again  knots in my back.

not nautical knots

yanno the stone's song 'under my thunb'  is it like a revisioning of 'taming of the shrew'?

i'm wearing leg warmers, 80s flashback lol  feels so good, is like a hug on my legs.

where the reset button?  i wanna do over, but, knowing what i know now

think he soused on

cooking sherry

you mebbe right, mebbe crazy, just might be the lunatic u lookin for

lunatix on the grass

Mystarra said:
    DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:

is passed lunch time

Dana

more important to my retirement is the exchange rates.  going to Cardiff.  or New Hampshire if Wales won't let me in.

Well, one way or another, you will be paying for the Part B coverage.  If you don't get supplementary coverage, then Medicare Part B will be taken out of your SS payments...before you get it.  There's no choice on your part.  And then, there's the 20% that Medicare does not pay the hospitals and doctors.  Supplementary insurance will pay that...or you will pay it.  Any way you cut it, you don't get off without paying.  You just have to find the best priced plan.  Some states Medicaid will pay the Part B and 20%, but there are requirements.  In Massachusetts, you can't have more than $2,000 in assets.  If you have more, they won't pay the 20%.  And they count life insurance as an asset if it has a cash value.  Checking accounts, savings accounts.  Add up what you have...if it's over the limit, you lose.  I don't know what NY's Medicaid plan is like, you'd have to check that out yourself.

Dana

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    kyoto kid said:

...'plaint.  my mailbox keys somehow became separated from my keyring, again.  Looked all of the flat and in the hallway outside my door to see if they fell there but they didn't.  This is the second time in less than a month this has occurred. Never had this happen before.  Hopefully if I dropped them in the building (the only time I'd have them out), someone returned them to the office.  Really don't want to pay 35$ for replacement keys.

Keys:  One of the things that should always be in one of three places.  1) in that special place in the house where they should be when they are not... 2) in your pocket or 3) in your hand.  Wallet is another one of those things.  Never anywhere else, not left in the car, not left very far, not laid in a store, not left in a door, not left on a sink, nor at the skating rink, not on a chair, and not in your hair.  Just never, never, never.  Three places only, only, only.enlightened

..yep keep them in only the three places, In the pocket, in the hand when opening the door/checking the mail, and in a small bowl on the nightstand whan at home.  How those two keys fell off the ring without my noticing it (twice now) is a mystery.

They were turned into the front office.

edited October 2019

...and this is why in spite of the cost, noise, and traffic I stay in the city.  Without a car I would never survive in a rural area.

35$ - 40$ for a taxi, ouch.  Apparently, that is one cost which isn't cheaper than it is in the city.  I could take the train from Portland to Seattle (160 miles away) for 32$ each way, sometimes less when Amtrak has a special deal going.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    Mystarra said:

feels emptier without miss kulay,  

...she needs to get out of that place.

DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:

is passed lunch time

Dana

..indeed, that is something many don't think about.

DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:
    DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:

is passed lunch time

Dana

Well, one way or another, you will be paying for the Part B coverage.  If you don't get supplementary coverage, then Medicare Part B will be taken out of your SS payments...before you get it.  There's no choice on your part.  And then, there's the 20% that Medicare does not pay the hospitals and doctors.  Supplementary insurance will pay that...or you will pay it.  Any way you cut it, you don't get off without paying.  You just have to find the best priced plan.  Some states Medicaid will pay the Part B and 20%, but there are requirements.  In Massachusetts, you can't have more than $2,000 in assets.  If you have more, they won't pay the 20%.  And they count life insurance as an asset if it has a cash value.  Checking accounts, savings accounts.  Add up what you have...if it's over the limit, you lose.  I don't know what NY's Medicaid plan is like, you'd have to check that out yourself.

Dana

...Oregon has such a plan which I qualified for. 

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

The clouds earlier today were very crazy looking... very weird updrafts and things that looked like horizontal cyclones, lots of strange lines and shapes.

I took a bunch of pictures, but the weirdest ones were the ones I saw while driving...

The pictures don't do the actual sight justice as the contrast between the various areas was far greater... the sky tends to confuse the phone's camera a lot... 

McGyver said:

The clouds earlier today were very crazy looking... very weird updrafts and things that looked like horizontal cyclones, lots of strange lines and shapes.

I took a bunch of pictures, but the weirdest ones were the ones I saw while driving...

The pictures don't do the actual sight justice as the contrast between the various areas was far greater... the sky tends to confuse the phone's camera a lot... 

those clounds dumping now in huntington

edited October 2019

..yeah back a few years ago they've had some really odd cloud formations in the upper midwest. 

Unusual shelf cloud Nebraska 2009

"Mothership" shelf cloud Janesville WI 2009

Odd formationm Kentucky 2015

"UFO" Supercell cloud in Nebraska 2014

Mammatus Clouds over Saskatchewan 2014

"Apocalyptic" video.from Illinois 2015

tenors

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,441
    edited October 2019

Weirdest cloud I ever saw was in Florida when I lived on an east coast beach in the Melbourne area.  Nice partly cloudy day, yet as I walked out my door to go to the car I saw this vertical white chimney looking cloud many hundreds of feet high contrasting with the mix of blue and white around it.  My eyes followed its length and I was looking nearly straight up.  The base of it must not have been more than a half mile away out over the ocean (I lived a quarter mile from the actual beach) although I couldn't see the base because it was behind a row of houses on the other side of the road next to the beach.  There was no perceptible sound coming from it.  It stayed there for several minutes.  Long enough for me to go get my camera (yes, a 35mm film camera, how quaint) and take a couple photos of it.  When I used the big o'l 200mm zoom on the camera to look at detail up near the top I could see that it was rotating, fast!  At that point it dawned on me that it was a waterspout practically on top of me. surprise  But it stayed out over the ocean and eventually dissipated.  (I've still got the photo around here somewhere, packed in a box.frown)

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • DanaTA said:

Don't you have something like a Citizens for Citizens bus that will pick you up?

Dana

Not that I had been able to find.  There is some sort of medical pickup for wheelchair people.  But on the way back home in the Uber the driver said something about a service that was available to people like me but he couldn't remember the name exactly. frown

edited October 2019

Weirdest cloud I ever saw was in Florida when I lived on an east coast beach in the Melbourne area.  Nice partly cloudy day, yet as I walked out my door to go to the car I saw this vertical white chimney looking cloud many hundreds of feet high contrasting with the mix of blue and white around it.  My eyes followed its length and I was looking nearly straight up.  The base of it must not have been more than a half mile away out over the ocean (I lived a quarter mile from the actual beach) although I couldn't see the base because it was behind a row of houses on the other side of the road next to the beach.  There was no perceptible sound coming from it.  It stayed there for several minutes.  Long enough for me to go get my camera (yes, a 35mm film camera, how quaint) and take a couple photos of it.  When I used the big o'l 200mm zoom on the camera to look at detail up near the top I could see that it was rotating, fast!  At that point it dawned on me that it was a waterspout practically on top of me. surprise  But it stayed out over the ocean and eventually dissipated.  (I've still got the photo around here somewhere, packed in a box.frown)

That's pretty cool...
    The house I grew up in had a great view of the Manhattan skyline... once when I was around 15, I went up on the roof (flat roof) to watch a summer storm rolling in... they could be pretty spectacular as Manhattan is a huge heat engine and storms passing in from jersey can get really juiced up from the temperature differences... to the north of me, over a body water between Roosevelt Island and the Hell's Gate Channel, I watched a huge tornado form, touch down in the water and almost immediately break up... it was very surreal to see that in such an urban area especially so close to the Triborough Bridge (now called the Robert F Kennedy bridge). The weird thing was it was barely mentioned on the news and was referred to as "maybe a waterspout was spotted in the East River" ... if it was today there would have been 10,000 videos of it.

Post edited by McGyver on
    kyoto kid said:

..yeah back a few years ago they've had some really odd cloud formations in the upper midwest. 

That one reminds me of Independence Day... that cloud that went ahead of the base ship.

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,593
    McGyver said:
    kyoto kid said:

That one reminds me of Independence Day... that cloud that went ahead of the base ship.

Tint it blue with vertical striations and it would look like V'ger's power field from Star Trek: the Motion Picture.

Sincerely,

Bill

edited October 2019
    McGyver said:
    kyoto kid said:

..hence the nickname for such a formation.  

Redfern said:
    McGyver said:
    kyoto kid said:

Tint it blue with vertical striations and it would look like V'ger's power field from Star Trek: the Motion Picture.

Sincerely,

Bill

I have a photo on a USB drive somewhere of one that almost did look like the V'Ger cloud from the first Star Trek film because of the lighting at the time it was taken.

DanaTA said:

Dana

Not that I had been able to find.  There is some sort of medical pickup for wheelchair people.  But on the way back home in the Uber the driver said something about a service that was available to people like me but he couldn't remember the name exactly. frown

You should try to find out about it, maybe at the town's website, if they have one.  If not, maybe AARP had a way to look up things like this.  Perhaps asking an assisted living place or a senior center, they might have this info.

Dana

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072

Getting even weirder in here.

"I love you and I'm sorry."

Peace out.

edited October 2019

...agh, went to download and install the latest purchases and have to wait for another DIM update. 

Update broke my login again by not putting the updated .ini in the proper folder then after which I had to manually enter my sign on details to get it to open.. 

Also getting frequent "download failed" errors which I've never seen in the past years since I started using the service.

To top the frustration off it also wiped out my saved install paths and  defaulted to installing content to the C; drive again.  I have never seen a DIM or Daz programme update wipe out settings, preferences, and my sign before, it's as if I'm always having to do a fresh install every bloody time now.

Tjohn said:

Getting even weirder in here.

"I love you and I'm sorry."

Peace out.

Why do you say that?

Dana

edited October 2019

...wondering as well before the DIM fiasco I ran into.

• Mystarra said:
    i never owned an iron or been to a dry cleaners. . think the flat side goes down

Unless you're using it for self defense, in which case the edges have some decent stopping power.

Chohole said:
    scorpio said:
    Gogger said:
    Chohole said:
    Mystarra said:
    kyoto kid said:

...it's too bad the dress isn't available here.  It is over at Rendo, but it's for V4.

you know the name?  i been searching for it

thanks.

i never owned an iron or been to a dry cleaners. . think the flat side goes down

Curiosity:  How do you pronounce "iron"?   i-earn or i-rahn or i-run ?

Also Curiosity: How do you pronounce "bury"? boory or berry or barry?

And for god's sake why do the British pronounce "clerk" as clahrk?  Just STOP IT!devil  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BjKS1-vjPs

English is one of our native languages,  we will pronounce it as we want to  

So, when you say English are you pronouncing it "Ehn-glish", "EEN-glish", "Anglish", or...?    ;)
    The British saying Pizza as "Peazer" just KILLS me! HA HA HA HA!

Full disclosure, I lived in England for four years. I've seen, and heard, a thing or two.  :)

Really depends on which part of England you are from, I would pronounce all of those very differently to someone from Chohole's area.

Aye,  and even different again from where I used to live before retiring up here.   I actually have what a canadian (quebecois) friend says is a generic English accent.  Locals from this area would at first just say, with a puzzled look  "that's not a Welsh accent"    but wouldn't try to guess where we did come from.  

That seems odd.  Did they expect that the only people there today would be those who were born there?

Complaint:  On my old computer I've been running DAZ Studio 4.9 for a looong time, but  I just downloaded and installed DAZ Studio4.12 on my new machine.sad

Sub-complaint #1: During the process of downloading and installing, the splash screens declared in big bold numbers that it was DAZ Studio 4.11 but when Studio actually starts running is says "Hi!  I'm Studio 4.12surprisefrown  Lame and unprofessional.cheeky

Sub-complaint #2: Am I the only person who keeps two login accounts on their computer, a "Privileged account ("Admin") and a standard user account ("User")? 

No of course not.  Those who do what you're doing will avoid 99% of all Ransomware.

DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:

so far castor oil not helping with the floater at all
    but the skin around my eyes feels better, not feeling dry tightness

Floaters are inside your eye.  How can putting oil on the outside of your eye make  difference at all?  You shouldn't believe everything you see on the web.  In fact, probably a good portion of it is not trustworthy.

Dana

Amen to what he said.  Floaters are INSIDE your eye.  See your eye doctor.  Most floaters are normal, but if you're not seeing well, then SEE YOUR EYE DOCTOR.

I'll ask it another way.  Is it getting better without seeing your eye doctor?

Am I the only person that isn't interested in halloween stuff? I not a fan of being scared or creeped out at all. Maybe I'm weird. Well I know I'm weird but in a quirky and delightful way that makes people go "awww she's cute".

Love Halloween here.  Some of the kids in my neighborhood are looking to be scared.  Once I had my pet werewolf sitting next to me on the porch.  She sat very very still until a kid got close, then she would stand up and take a step toward them.  Hilarity would ensue, of course.  Except once when an eight year old boy peeked around the corner, walked right up to her, held out his hand and said "Hi!"

Playing her part to a tee, my werewolf friend dropped her head and shoulders and gave out a perfectly dejected dog wimper.  Werewolves get sad when the scare fails!

Another one a little while later, this time a little girl, looked like she was going to be really scared by my fierce werewolf, dressed in jeans and a flannel shirt, with a really viscious and hairy face.  My friend (a dog lover when she's not playing werewolf) read the situation perfectly and scratched herself behind the ear just like dogs do.  The little girl started laughing, candy got passed around, and a minor tragedy was avoided.

I love Halloween, in some ways better than Christmas.  Plus, it's a one-day holiday, with no aires to put on.

This discussion has been closed.