• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072
    DanaTA said:
    Tjohn said:

Getting even weirder in here.

"I love you and I'm sorry."

Peace out.

Why do you say that?

Dana

The quote is from a recent episode of NCIS, spoken by a scary pull-string clown doll.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

...OK, was a little worried there.

• i have 15 things in my cart... maybe i should pare that down some

....I have several myself, all PC+ for a day (really making out like bandit this year because so many of 3DCollective's neighbourhood sets and individual house models have been showing up in the PC for a day category). 

There's that 10% discount, good on new releases, and this being the PC+ anniversary sale, PC items that are "new/recently new" releases also qualify. Nice..

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    DanaTA said:
    Tjohn said:

Getting even weirder in here.

"I love you and I'm sorry."

Peace out.

Why do you say that?

Dana

to quote tom petty, is just the normal noises in here

what's on the menu tnite?  Thor day night

makin potato nuggets and fresh green beans, cup a soup and chunk of french breaad on the side

Mystarra said:
    i never owned an iron or been to a dry cleaners. . think the flat side goes down

Unless you're using it for self defense, in which case the edges have some decent stopping power.

Chohole said:
    scorpio said:
    Gogger said:
    Chohole said:
    Mystarra said:
    kyoto kid said:

...it's too bad the dress isn't available here.  It is over at Rendo, but it's for V4.

you know the name?  i been searching for it

thanks.

i never owned an iron or been to a dry cleaners. . think the flat side goes down

Curiosity:  How do you pronounce "iron"?   i-earn or i-rahn or i-run ?

Also Curiosity: How do you pronounce "bury"? boory or berry or barry?

And for god's sake why do the British pronounce "clerk" as clahrk?  Just STOP IT!devil  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BjKS1-vjPs

English is one of our native languages,  we will pronounce it as we want to  

So, when you say English are you pronouncing it "Ehn-glish", "EEN-glish", "Anglish", or...?    ;)
    The British saying Pizza as "Peazer" just KILLS me! HA HA HA HA!

Full disclosure, I lived in England for four years. I've seen, and heard, a thing or two.  :)

Really depends on which part of England you are from, I would pronounce all of those very differently to someone from Chohole's area.

Aye,  and even different again from where I used to live before retiring up here.   I actually have what a canadian (quebecois) friend says is a generic English accent.  Locals from this area would at first just say, with a puzzled look  "that's not a Welsh accent"    but wouldn't try to guess where we did come from.  

That seems odd.  Did they expect that the only people there today would be those who were born there?

Complaint:  On my old computer I've been running DAZ Studio 4.9 for a looong time, but  I just downloaded and installed DAZ Studio4.12 on my new machine.sad

Sub-complaint #1: During the process of downloading and installing, the splash screens declared in big bold numbers that it was DAZ Studio 4.11 but when Studio actually starts running is says "Hi!  I'm Studio 4.12surprisefrown  Lame and unprofessional.cheeky

Sub-complaint #2: Am I the only person who keeps two login accounts on their computer, a "Privileged account ("Admin") and a standard user account ("User")? 

No of course not.  Those who do what you're doing will avoid 99% of all Ransomware.

DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:

so far castor oil not helping with the floater at all
    but the skin around my eyes feels better, not feeling dry tightness

Floaters are inside your eye.  How can putting oil on the outside of your eye make  difference at all?  You shouldn't believe everything you see on the web.  In fact, probably a good portion of it is not trustworthy.

Dana

Amen to what he said.  Floaters are INSIDE your eye.  See your eye doctor.  Most floaters are normal, but if you're not seeing well, then SEE YOUR EYE DOCTOR.

I'll ask it another way.  Is it getting better without seeing your eye doctor?

Am I the only person that isn't interested in halloween stuff? I not a fan of being scared or creeped out at all. Maybe I'm weird. Well I know I'm weird but in a quirky and delightful way that makes people go "awww she's cute".

Love Halloween here.  Some of the kids in my neighborhood are looking to be scared.  Once I had my pet werewolf sitting next to me on the porch.  She sat very very still until a kid got close, then she would stand up and take a step toward them.  Hilarity would ensue, of course.  Except once when an eight year old boy peeked around the corner, walked right up to her, held out his hand and said "Hi!"

Playing her part to a tee, my werewolf friend dropped her head and shoulders and gave out a perfectly dejected dog wimper.  Werewolves get sad when the scare fails!

Another one a little while later, this time a little girl, looked like she was going to be really scared by my fierce werewolf, dressed in jeans and a flannel shirt, with a really viscious and hairy face.  My friend (a dog lover when she's not playing werewolf) read the situation perfectly and scratched herself behind the ear just like dogs do.  The little girl started laughing, candy got passed around, and a minor tragedy was avoided.

I love Halloween, in some ways better than Christmas.  Plus, it's a one-day holiday, with no aires to put on.

too soon for thriller yet

been to eye dr, she can treat the edema, inj shrinks the blood vessels.
    but nothing for floaters or retina tissue.  on my own with those.

potato nibblets are like suctioned to my new non stick pan

does tuna count as a meat?

cuz if it does i'se not vegetarian

stop me if you heard this one

how do you get to carnegie hall ... ... .... practice

barrumpum

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited October 2019
    Mystarra said:

does tuna count as a meat?

cuz if it does i'se not vegetarian

Are you a cat    cats like Tuna and they are def not vegetarian

you could be a pescatarian    or even a  pesco-vegetarian

Post edited by Chohole on
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

Vegetarians...?  
    A species of 2.5 meter tall spiny amphibians from Vegetar, the eight planet in Geldulras system. Oddly enough they are mostly carnivorous... they are also known for their cheesy tourist trap sculptures made out of a coral-like material and their clam meat pudding. They also smell like damp socks.

Also never ask one how they are doing... they will sing you a twenty minute song, and once you've asked, it is considered extremely rude to run away... also they will expect you to return the favor so be prepared to sing about whatever is going on in your life. But being that they are not generally well versed in human culture, I've found singing a couple of the more depressing Springsteen songs is usually sufficient... You can start with "The River" and follow with "Atlantic City", "Wreck on the highway" or anything melancholy from either "Nebraska" or "The River" albums.

You weren't talking about those Vegetarians were you?

pesco-pesto?

does 2.5 meter = 5 ft??  if true then could be Geldulras

i have no memory of my home planet,
    musta been wiped when the dalek clunked me in the head,
    or the trauma of watching earth the ironman snap.

didyaknow pizza comes in squares?  makes much more sense in square boxes.
    square daddy-o, mommy-o

wandering elsweyr, meetin moon-sugar-daddy O

• Mystarra said:

pesco-pesto?

1m is over a yard, so 2.5m would be over seven-and-a-half feet (actually getting on for eight-and-a-half)

Mystarra said:

Mystarra said:

pesco-pesto?

2.5 meters is more like seven foot +

wow i is really short in meters.

wasn't there a pirhuana squirrel somewhere in store?
    thank goodness for acorns, wouldn't want those teeth aimed elseweyr

Mystarra said:

wow i is really short in meters.

wasn't there a pirhuana squirrel somewhere in store?
    thank goodness for acorns, wouldn't want those teeth aimed elseweyr

I have got used to always being shorter than most every other adult.     My first husband (ex husband) was 13 inches taller than me,  my eldest son ended up shorter than him but still almost a foot taller than me.   My elder brothers wife is shorter than me though, she is only 4' 11"

couldf really use a face rigged squirrel

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    edited October 2019
    Mystarra said:

I could get you a jury-rigged squirrel... one got run over a couple of blocks down the road... with a little string, duct tape, epoxy, wooden dowels and assorted hardware, I could probably rig it up to make it seem alive... leaky, but alive looking.
    Granted it would be more of a marionette than a pet or guardian (attack squirrel)... but it would make a heck of a conversation piece on your desk at work. I think people would be very jealous of it... until it started to rot... which wouldn't be long... it's been there for at least a day or two... actually I think it was there before the storm this week, so maybe several days...

I guess that would make it more challenging... at this point it might be too mushy to make into a marionette... maybe if I hollowed it out, it'd make a good hand puppet or over mitt... I suppose you'd need two for a decent pair of oven mitts. How would you feel about one squirrel oven mitt and one possum oven mitt? Because a block from sunrise highway there was a squooshy possum... ah... I suppose that would be weird, one big oven mitt and one small one... it'd look a bit lopsided...  Maybe the possum could be a tea kettle cozy and the squirrel could be a bottle holder for keeping bottled beverages cool... 

Which end would you drink from?... I could sew them together along with the dead seagull I saw last week (if I can still find him)... and I could make a fancy hat or throw pillow out of them...

Wait... what was this originally about?

Post edited by McGyver on
    McGyver said:
    Mystarra said:

I could get you a jury-rigged squirrel... one got run over a couple of blocks down the road... with a little string, duct tape, epoxy, wooden dowels and assorted hardware, I could probably rig it up to make it seem alive... leaky, but alive looking.
    Granted it would be more of a marionette than a pet or guardian (attack squirrel)... but it would make a heck of a conversation piece on your desk at work. I think people would be very jealous of it... until it started to rot... which wouldn't be long... it's been there for at least a day or two... actually I think it was there before the storm this week, so maybe several days...

I guess that would make it more challenging... at this point it might be too mushy to make into a marionette... maybe if I hollowed it out, it'd make a good hand puppet or over mitt... I suppose you'd need two for a decent pair of oven mitts. How would you feel about one squirrel oven mitt and one possum oven mitt? Because a block from sunrise highway there was a squooshy possum... ah... I suppose that would be weird, one big oven mitt and one small one... it'd look a bit lopsided...  Maybe the possum could be a tea kettle cozy and the squirrel could be a bottle holder for keeping bottled beverages cool... 

Which end would you drink from?... I could sew them together along with the dead seagull I saw last week (if I can still find him)... and I could make a fancy hat or throw pillow out of them...

Wait... what was this originally about?

american possum, i think is a marusupial.  makes the pouch a built in handy dandy sock puppet

takin care of bizness ever day  workin 9 to 5, workin overtime  du doo do

what happened to man of lamacha at the end? 
    cuz they were in a big prison that whole time they were telling the story.
    haz a bad feeling about it

• my laziness is in overdrive... i've become a procrastinating lazy person. i just can't be bothered to be proactive or even reactive... i also need to find a way to lock the spot render to always render in a new window... but... i haven't put it on my to do list yet.

edited October 2019

...hmm berak in the water from the sky.  Good time to head to the market need to get a few things for the weekend.  Going To be really wet until next Wednesday and one of my shoes has developed a hole in it. Need that refund cheque to arrive.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • my laziness is in overdrive... i've become a procrastinating lazy person. i just can't be bothered to be proactive or even reactive... i also need to find a way to lock the spot render to always render in a new window... but... i haven't put it on my to do list yet.

With the Spot render active go to the Tool Settings pane and change its target to New Window. That should stick.

With the Spot render active go to the Tool Settings pane and change its target to New Window. That should stick.

It doesn't seem to stick. I have to click it everytimeI restart daz studio. If that's my biggest complaint of the day then its not a bad day. 

i cant find a whats this hair thread

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,441
    edited October 2019

Non-complaint:  I want to evolve to using an SSD instead of a hard drive but I couldn't justify the expense to put one in my new computer that currently has adequate storage and speed.  HOWEVER, today I had occasion to use my old slow laptop (HP G60-642HR).  It originally came with Win7-Home and it isn't actually ancient but it was never a race horse, and slowed down even more when it was saddled with Win10.  Its a dual core Pentium (T4300) running at 2.10GHz, with 4GB RAM, and a 1TB 5200 RPM hard drive.  It's maxed out on RAM.  The next easiest thing to do is clone my hard drive to something faster.  I could get a 7200 RPM drive but why stop there?  So, I blew the budget a little more and ordered a Crucial MX500 1TB SSD.  It should be here on Monday.  This will be my first experiment with large solid-state drives so I'll see how it goes.  And I should also end up with a bit zippier laptop.  Cool!yes  21st century here I come.surprise

To celebrate busting my budget I present to you a fun little piano piece to DAZ by.   Not a grand piece, not a palace, more of an amusement park fun house.smiley

Dimitry Kabalevsky:  "Rhapsody for Pianohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqecM0VbFy0

Edited to add:  More about Kabalevsky.  One of his most famous works is the one and a half minute piece "Galop" from his 10 piece orchestral suite "The Comedians".  Go ahead, admit you've heard it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6Qnxf04Whg

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • Non-complaint:  I want to evolve to using an SSD instead of a hard drive but I couldn't justify the expense to put one in my new computer that currently has adequate storage and speed.  HOWEVER, today I had occasion to use my old slow laptop (HP G60-642HR).  It originally came with Win7-Home and it isn't actually ancient but it was never a race horse, and slowed down even more when it was saddled with Win10.  Its a dual core Pentium (T4300) running at 2.10GHz, with 4GB RAM, and a 1TB 5200 RPM hard drive.  It's maxed out on RAM.  The next easiest thing to do is clone my hard drive to something faster.  I could get a 7200 RPM drive but why stop there?  So, I blew the budget a little more and bought a Crucial MX500 1TB SSD.  This will be my first experiment with large solid-state drives so I'll see how it goes.  And I should also end up with a bit zippier laptop.  Cool!yes  21st century here I come.surprise

To celebrate busting my budget I present to you a fun little piano piece to DAZ by.   Not a grand piece, not a palace, more of an amusement park fun house.smiley

Dimitry Kabalevsky:  "Rhapsody for Pianohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqecM0VbFy0

Edited to add:  More about Kabalevsky.  One of his most famous works is the one and a half minute piece "Galop" from his 10 piece orchestral suite "The Comedians".  Go ahead, admit you've heard it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6Qnxf04Whg

I have SSDs in 2 of my desktops and my laptop and love them.

Speaking of storage... Daz is eating my big drive up. So many assets... so many more to go...

• Non-complaint:  I want to evolve to using an SSD instead of a hard drive but I couldn't justify the expense to put one in my new computer that currently has adequate storage and speed.  HOWEVER, today I had occasion to use my old slow laptop (HP G60-642HR).  It originally came with Win7-Home and it isn't actually ancient but it was never a race horse, and slowed down even more when it was saddled with Win10.  Its a dual core Pentium (T4300) running at 2.10GHz, with 4GB RAM, and a 1TB 5200 RPM hard drive.  It's maxed out on RAM.  The next easiest thing to do is clone my hard drive to something faster.  I could get a 7200 RPM drive but why stop there?  So, I blew the budget a little more and bought a Crucial MX500 1TB SSD.  This will be my first experiment with large solid-state drives so I'll see how it goes.  And I should also end up with a bit zippier laptop.  Cool!yes  21st century here I come.surprise

I have SSDs in 2 of my desktops and my laptop and love them. (Games on the SSD are definitely faster.)

Speaking of storage... Daz is eating my big drive up. So many assets... so many more to go...

This discussion has been closed.