My phone will not charge complaint thread

Comments

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    Mystarra said:

what happened to man of lamacha at the end? 

Didn't he marry the donkey and they moved to a swamp... maybe that was Shrek... never mind.

• McGyver said:
    Mystarra said:

what happened to man of lamacha at the end? 

Didn't he marry the donkey and they moved to a swamp... maybe that was Shrek... never mind.

my dad used to walk through the house singing "I am I, Don Quixote..."

little did i realize it was because we were making him crazy. :)

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072

I'm curious because this has happened to me quite often.

Has anyone else had a GOOD earworm? A song stuck in your head that you liked being there?

Mine are usually Beatles, Stones or Bad Co. songs. How about you? smiley

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,441
    edited October 2019

Yes!  Just this morning during morning ablutions I was listening along in my head to the theme from the "Poirot" TV series with David Suchet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvrj5E_elzg

Happens to me often.  Various tunes.indecision

When I lived in Florida during the early 2000s  I'd ride my bicycle long distances, often in late afternoon and get home just before dark.  Many times while riding over the long (2-mile) causways over the Indian River Lagoon watching the sunset behind the water & palms I'd have beautiful classical piano music playing in my head.yes  Sometimes it wasn't a known piece but would be something of my own invention that I would vary on each iteration.surprise  Unfortunately I couldn't ever get it out through my fingers or onto paper.  This is why I refer to myself as a frustrated classical pianist.frown  But I can fully understand how composers can receive inspiration and entertain their muse.smiley

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • Tjohn said:

Has anyone else had a GOOD earworm? A song stuck in your head that you liked being there?

"How to be a heartbreaker" by Marina and the Diamonds.

Yes!  Just this morning during morning ablutions I was listening along in my head to the theme from the "Poirot" TV series with David Suchet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvrj5E_elzg

Whenever I see the word "ablutions" I automatically put the word "dubious" before it. I think someone must have said it to me at one time and it stuck. However, I do not imply that your ablutions were dubious.

I should be up to my own but I am procrastinating.

• my laziness is in overdrive... i've become a procrastinating lazy person. i just can't be bothered to be proactive or even reactive... i also need to find a way to lock the spot render to always render in a new window... but... i haven't put it on my to do list yet.

With the Spot render active go to the Tool Settings pane and change its target to New Window. That should stick.

It doesn't seem to stick. I have to click it everytimeI restart daz studio. If that's my biggest complaint of the day then its not a bad day. 

Maybe DS is exiting cleanly for some reason - if you open a pane you don't usually use, from the Window>Panes(Tabs) menu, and close DS is it still open on restarting? If you open the log file (Help>Troubleshooting>View Log) and search for exited do you find lines saying "DAZ Studio 4.12.0.86 exited" (or whatever the version number is) from your rpevious sessions?

edited October 2019
    Tjohn said:

I had an earworm that started out good because I was trying to remember the lyrics to a song I was going to sing at a charity concert years ago, but unfortunately, after the event the damned thing wouldn't leave... in fact now that I've recalled the whole thing, it's back and I'm going to have to purge my brain with some Heavy Metal music, probably the soundtrack album "Heavy Metal" from the 80s animated movie. 

On a separate thought from the above...

If anyone liked the original Heavy Metal movie (the animation is kinda cheesy nowadays, but it's okay) but hated the remake (Heavy Metal 2000), you might want to take a look at Netflix's "Love, Death & Robots"... it turns out it was born out of a project to remake the original movie more in the spirit of that movie and not the disaster of the previous, but apparently the project was dropped by Paramount because they thought the movie would be too "risqué"... instead the basic idea reformulated into a streaming series, minus the connection to the Locnar (the evil sentient orb the original centers on)

LD&R is an anthology and none of the stories connect like in the original HM, but some of them are alright, especially if you ever used to read Heavy Metal Magazine (does it still exist?)... (gotta check that out)...

Post edited by McGyver on
  • McGyver said:
    Tjohn said:

I had an earworm that started out good because I was trying to remember the lyrics to a song I was going to sing at a charity concert years ago, but unfortunately, after the event the damned thing wouldn't leave... in fact now that I've recalled the whole thing, it's back and I'm going to have to purge my brain with some Heavy Metal music, probably the soundtrack album "Heavy Metal" from the 80s animated movie. 

If anyone liked the original Heavy Metal movie (the animation is kinda cheesy nowadays, but it's okay) but hated the remake (Heavy Metal 2000), you might want to take a look at Netflix's "Love, Death & Robots"... it turns out it was born out of a project to remake the original movie more in the spirit of that movie and not the disaster of the previous, but apparently the project was dropped by Paramount because they thought the movie would be too "risqué"... instead the basic idea reformulated into a streaming series, minus the connection to the Locnar (the evil sentient orb the original centers on)

LD&R is an anthology and none of the stories connect like in the original HM, but some of them are alright, especially if you ever used to read Heavy Metal Magazine (does it still exist?)... (gotta check that out)...

I love LD&R. I've rewatched parts of it many times.

McGyver said:
    Tjohn said:

I'm hoping they make more episodes, I initially thought LD&R was a one off thing, but apparently they are intending on making another season. With Netflix you never know as they seem to have flaked out on a couple of announced projects in the past.  

The stories remind me a lot of the old HM magazine... in spirit anyway. I wonder how many folks who do graphic novels and general art here at DAZ were inspired (in their youth) by HM magazine, especially the covers which were usually some pretty amazing illustrations created by many of the best artists in the fantasy genre.

If you are not familiar with them, Google "Heavy Metal Magazine Cover Art". There's some cool stuff there... a lot of freaky weird stuff too.

• McGyver said:
    McGyver said:
    Tjohn said:

I'm hoping they make more episodes, I initially thought LD&R was a one off thing, but apparently they are intending on making another season. With Netflix you never know as they seem to have flaked out on a couple of announced projects in the past.  

The stories remind me a lot of the old HM magazine... in spirit anyway. I wonder how many folks who do graphic novels and general art here at DAZ were inspired (in their youth) by HM magazine, especially the covers which were usually some pretty amazing illustrations created by many of the best artists in the fantasy genre.

If you are not familiar with them, Google "Heavy Metal Magazine Cover Art". There's some cool stuff there... a lot of freaky weird stuff too.

I am indeed familiar with Heavy Metal. I've seen the movie (can't recall if I saw the second one). If they keep the quality and variety up another season or two of LD&R would be cool. I have my favorite episodes.

I think it was what sparked my desire to start writing again. 

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

likr bable fish ears ?

eara worms are like fixation problems?

i been fixated on chicken saddles ever since Choh brought it up a few years ago

and vegetable sculptures

i need a squirrel saddle for a squirel.  ridong bareback for my characters is uncomfy

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

[sport]

..big complaint, my "6 badgers lost to lowly unraked Illinois.  It almost was as bad as watching the Packers with their swiss cheese defence and anemic offence. This is a team the Badgers should have put down with a score of 31 - 0 (which was thespread) not lose to .  three uncharacteristic turnovers on the Wisconsin side while the Illinois offence sliced up what has been rated one of the top defences in the game like it was warm Bier Kase. Offence numbers were not indicative of the outcome as the Badgers put up twice as many yards.  The tale of the tape was that Wisconsin committed three uncharacteristic turnovers, two of which gave Illinois a short field.  Usually it is Wisconsin's defence which forces the turnovers.

Basically, this is what is called a classic "look past" scenario as next week Wisconsin faces #3 powerhouse Ohio State next week (who demolished Northwestern 52 - 3 today and has yet to break a sweat) and likely were more focused on that than the game at hand.  So much for what was the top ranked defence in College football as they gave up 3 touchdowns to a "bottom feeder" as well as for what has been regarded as one of the most "potent" offences, which before today outscored their opponents 255 - 29 (shutting out four of six teams) but could only manage two touchdowns against a team that is  0 - 3 in the conference and which lost to a small time college at their home field earlier in the season.

So Wisconsin not only fell out of the race for the playoffs (which they had their best chance ever to get into) but likely will drop like a rock in the National standings down somewhere around #16 - #17 and likely lose any chance at a decent bowl bid (ESPN had them in the Rose Bowl).  Even ifthey do manage to defeat Ohio State (which seems doubtful after today's performance) it won't be enough to make up for this terrible upset.

OK I now sports isn't a big thing here, but I went to school in Wisconsin, and given all the crap we are dealing with today, it's nice to have something a person can feel he/she can hope for.

[/sport]

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175
    Tjohn said:

Yes, various tunes from various bands, various styles.  Rock and blues mostly, but also some jazz. Especially tunes from the late 60s and the 70s.  But sometimes more recent tunes.  But, I almost always have music going in my head, moving me somehow.  Sometimes Diane actually asks me to stop swinging my foot.

Dana

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

..ugh, clicked on the icon for my cart to purchase what was in and instead, was taken to the Daz home page.  This isn't the first time this has occurred. 

This site is in need of a fix.

• do i want scrambled "eggs" for breakfast or "chocolate" "toaster strudle"?

or pecan pie?

• kyoto kid said:

surprise OMG,  Isn't it spaced out enough already?

• do i want scrambled "eggs" for breakfast or "chocolate" "toaster strudle"?

or pecan pie?

Yes!

So many commercials for medicines... and the warnings are getting weirder...

"Tell your doctor if you've visited somewhere that certain fungal infections are common"...

Like where the hell are you vacationing?... Evil Monkey Skull Island?  It's not like you are booking a trip to Pantaloonia and the travel info page boasts about the wonderful hiking trails, white sand beaches and ringworm hills.  When your friends are telling you about their vacation to the Caribbean, do you say "Oooh, snorkeling on a coral reef... cool... but did you pick any cool fungal infections?"... You don't get off a plane and at the airport you see "Welcome to Sarcophagonia, Home of Athlete's Foot Fungus"...

Then there is the other one I keep hearing... "Tell your doctor if you have a parasitic infection".... I'd imagine he or she should be telling me about that... because unless I'm covered in vampire frogs, I'm probably going to them to find out if that's a possibility as most parasites don't like sharing their presence.

• Earworms:  This morning from the moment I woke up until I sat in front of the computer, my internal speakers were playing the ending of Sibelius' 2nd Symphony, the climax of the mountain windstorm(42:20), the return of the sun(43:12), and the joyous goal achieved (44:00), parts.heart https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXOx2ha7b4E  (Note: the mental imagery description is mine, but you're welcome to it.)

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975
    McGyver said:

"Tell your doctor if you've visited somewhere that certain fungal infections are common"...

Like where the hell are you vacationing?... Evil Monkey Skull Island?  It's not like you are booking a trip to Pantaloonia and the travel info page boasts about the wonderful hiking trails, white sand beaches and ringworm hills.  When your friends are telling you about their vacation to the Caribbean, do you say "Oooh, snorkeling on a coral reef... cool... but did you pick any cool fungal infections?"... You don't get off a plane and at the airport you see "Welcome to Sarcophagonia, Home of Athlete's Foot Fungus"...

Then there is the other one I keep hearing... "Tell your doctor if you have a parasitic infection".... I'd imagine he or she should be telling me about that... because unless I'm covered in vampire frogs, I'm probably going to them to find out if that's a possibility as most parasites don't like sharing their presence.

What about the warning about side effects that may cause stroke ,sucidal thoughts, depression .........tell your doctor if you experience any of these symptoms .........

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,441
    edited October 2019

Complaint:   Arghhh... my computer/stereo/TV cable & power wiring is getting out of hand.sad  Regardless of how many power extension cords and switchable plug-in boxes littered around my workstation area, I always seem to have one less power outlet within reach than needed.  And that's just the power situation.  When I buy a new device for my system its data has to be connected too.  I already have audio repeater hubs, audio switching hubs, video switching hubs, telephone hubs, as well as format & protocol converters for fibre, HDMI, mini-HDMI, RCA, VGA, & DVI, one direction or bi-directional.  Of course there is also the seven externally powered hard drives with their USB cables feeding to a powered external USB hub, laying next to my smartphone power cord plug, the USB plug for my camera & Garmin devices, and the powered wireless telephone base. Speaking of wireless I have the phone company modem and wired/wireless router and and two ethernet switches providing service for the four computers and the TV and Blu-Ray player downstairs.  Finally we mustn't forget the A/V cables for the 25 year old VHS video tape recorder, the two sets of speaker cables, two desk lamps & special ambience lighting for two of the three work areas in my "U" shaped escape pod that I call my desk.indecision

I spent an hour this morning under and behind the workarea desks on my hands & knees (which isn't easy for me at this point in my life) breathing dust kitties and holding a mini-flashlight in my mouth while I traced the source and destination of various wires trying to find how to untangle them with minimum disruption to the runing system around me and figure out how to route just one of them to another place to free up a nearby power plug without having to add yet another extension cord to the tangle.frown  And of course the problem is compounded by the size and shape of the growths on the end of the power cord that convert AC to DC.  Some growths require that the cord extend to the left, others to the right and still others along the direction of the six socket switchable extension box eating up three of the socketsangry  Of course the answer is to put that one at the end of the extension box but that spot is already occupied by a similarly obtuse device, and the opposite end butts up against the switch making it unuseable for such a plug.  So much fun!frown

During this mini-adventure I discovered a device that was being powered and used but was totally unnecessary if I could find a longer HDMI cable.  Backing out painfully from under the desk I then pulled down my box of cables, scattered them around the floor and actually found what I needed, a 10' cable vs the existing 6' cable.  Now I could remove the usless device, and two 6' cables from the system, and substitute it with the single 10' cable.  The device being removed had a growth on the end of its power cable that could also be removed freeing up TWO power socketsyes, but it was too far from the location of the new device that I was adding.  But with a quick inspiration I was able juggle a few power cords (while holding my breath and hoping that the temporarily unpowered devices were not essential to my data integrity) was able to get everything plugged back in and I was done.  EXCEPT that during the process I had discovered an audio cable with an intermittant connection, but it's working right now so someday when it becomes an unignorable irritant I'll crawl under the desk again for another adventure.cool

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

Complaint:   Arghhh... my computer/stereo/TV cable & power wiring is getting out of hand.sad

You might be able to color code them to be more easily able to find the other end. 

But yeah, at a certain point it gets out of hand.  When you try to juggle things around and end up trying to plug a power strip into itself because it in turn was plugged into an extension cord plugged into another power strip...  too much.   This image isn't me, but it might as well be:

challenge accepted.jpg
    250 x 305 - 19K
    kyoto kid said:

..ugh, clicked on the icon for my cart to purchase what was in and instead, was taken to the Daz home page.  This isn't the first time this has occurred. 

No, it isn't the first time.  It happens to me several times a week.  Click on a link to a product, or right-click to open in a new tab, and home page pops up instead.  It's annoying.

Dana

do i want scrambled "eggs" for breakfast or "chocolate" "toaster strudle"?

or pecan pie?

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm...pecan pie!

Dana

McGyver said:

How about...don't take *** if you are allergic to ***.

Now remember, if you're allergic to peanuts, don't eat any peanuts!!!

Dana

@LG: Try to save those little square or rectangular plastic tabs that pinch the plastic bags of bread or English muffins (and some other things, like fruit bags, potato bags).  Get a Sharpie, and use them to identify the cables.  They hang nicely on cables, and help keep a little plastic out of the landfills.

Dana

DanaTA said:

do i want scrambled "eggs" for breakfast or "chocolate" "toaster strudle"?

or pecan pie?

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm...pecan pie!

Dana

chocolatte stroooodlekissangeldevil

remember wayii

was looking at some old poser renders from the nursoda days

msnn sometimes i even think i know what i'm talking about
    then the delusion comes crashing down like a house of cards

delusions of grandeur, shut down the garbage compacters, oh listen to them r2 they die ing
    this steroid is not entirely stable

did a big cat 8 come out and i misssed it?

This discussion has been closed.