My phone will not charge complaint thread

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited November 2019

Complaint:  Arghhh... I sit down at the computer for a few minutes finish my quick list of composer movies and when done I look out the window and see that it's snowing hard outside and accumulating already.  Arghhh...surprise

...ebil just ebil. 

My old hometown of Milwaukee also got a bit as well as did the Steven's Point area where I first went to college.

MKE snow.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 307K
    Ste snow.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 85K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,172
    kyoto kid said:

Yeah, what is it about belts that make them cost so much in a store?sad  I gave up looking for affordable belts in a store.  Last belt I bought was from a temporary mall kiosk around Christmas time about 3 or 4 years ago from a local guy who makes leather goods.  He had piles of long, plain or variously embossed, leather belts that were uncut and un-holed.  I picked out a buckle, he installed it with a couple of rivets, then cut and stained the other end.  I  put the belt in my loops and he punched the holes where they needed to be.  $20yes  Wheee... custom made belt!   It's like shooting the arrow into a fence then drawing the target circles around it.  Bullseye every time!smiley

..yeah I'll have to check the mall for of those next time.  If I  can get the a good leather one with the holes where they are supposed to be, 20$ is worth it. May have to wait until next month though.. 

You can always buy a leather hole punch tool.  They aren't too expensive.  I have one.  Can't rememer where I got it.  But I think you could get one at a crafts place like Michael's.  It has a wheel with various size hole punches.

Dana

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

All day long I keep getting robocalls from various numbers in San Antonio, Texas, which means they are from anywhere but San Antonio,Texas or the United States at all for that matter... but the voicemail they keep leaving is comically terrible... iOS now makes transcripts of voicemails, so I can share the exact message...

In your head, as you read this, read it in the voice of a suicidally depressed Siri and do not pause, as it is apparently all one sentence...

"We reach you to know that your Social Security number is been used at some kind of fraudulent activity in the south of the border of Texas so be please in the order go ahead get more of information to speak with Officer Pressone I repeat Pressone thank you and have a great day...."

I'm wondering if Officer Pressone is related to Officer Touchme... also I thought his full name was Officer Buttons McPressone... but maybe their family name was changed when they came to Ellis island... 

Also I hope the person/persons who are responsible for these calls, falls down a very long splintery flight of stairs into a pile of herpes infected cobras and rusty razor blades glued to broken glass.

edited November 2019

...used to have one when I made kites years ago to punch holes in leading edge material for inserting grommets(had a tool for that well) through which to loop elastic sail tensioner cords. 

Don't have the strength and grip in my hands anymore to get enough pressure to puncture thick leather. Crikey, I had to use a Vice Grip™ just a short while ago to open a wide mouth drink bottle, that's how bad the arthritis has affected my hands . 

• my head hurts. behave accordingly.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

page 85 ...

The G8F haz hang nails Complaint Thread
    The Cart Glitch Complaint Thread
    The Cant Get No Satisfaction Complaint Thread
    The Neverending Road Works Complaint Thread
    The  Too Much Muscles Hubba  Complaint Thread
    The Dessert is Lost in the desert Complaint Thread
    The Dalek Girl's Soufet Got No Souf  Complaint Thread
    The Has No Belt Pants Fell Down  Complaint Thread

...ordering online may be convenient, but often more expensive in the long run than going to a brick & mortar store because of added shipping fees. For example, been shopping around for one of those old style carpet sweepers as don't have a large enough carpet area to warrant purchasing an expensive and noisy powered vacuum.  Well one store chain I checked on line has a reasonably priced one, but charges another 9$ for shipping. However they also have a physical store here ( out on the east side) which, if I go there in person (2.50$ round trip transit fare) I can pick it up or the advertised price and save byself 6.50$ as well as a 4- 5 day wait.  The other nice part is I can actually physically check it out instead of just relying on an image.

Still something to be said for doing things the old school way.

• kyoto kid said:

...ordering online may be convenient, but often more expensive in the long run than going to a brick & mortar store because of added shipping fees. For example, been shopping around for one of those old style carpet sweepers as don't have a large enough carpet area to warrant purchasing an expensive and noisy powered vacuum.  Well one store chain I checked on line has a reasonably priced one, but charges another 9$ for shipping. However they also have a physical store here ( out on the east side) which, if I go there in person (2.50$ round trip transit fare) I can pick it up or the advertised price and save byself 6.50$ as well as a 4- 5 day wait.  The other nice part is I can actually physically check it out instead of just relying on an image.

Still something to be said for doing things the old school way.

Your school had carpets and manual carpet cleaners? surprise

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,440
    edited November 2019

Complaint:  Recently I've found myself looking at Amazon and NewEgg catalogs for computer circuit cards for various things.  i.e. PCIe to  USB3 cards or PCIe to wireless cards, or PCIe to SATA cards.  Straight forward, right?  What I discovered was that yes, those things are available, in two categories.  A) Unheard of brands, inexpensive and popular but with several customer comments like "Pure crap!", "Don't buy!", "Died after 3 days!".  Or B) recognizable brand names, good comments, a few explainably bad experiences but mostly positive reports.  But with prices 5 to 10 times the cheap ones. frown

$10 to $12 is expected to be risky.  $15 to $25 is what I'd expect for better quality unfortunately those just seem to be unavailable. But when I finally find the good stuff it's  $50-$120 and is out of my budget. crying  It's like trying to get a new smart key made for your automobile.  $2 in materials and $70 profit.angry

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    kyoto kid said:

...used to have one when I made kites years ago to punch holes in leading edge material for inserting grommets through which to loop elastic sail tensioner cords. 

Don't have the strength and grip in my hands anymore to get enough pressure to puncture thick leather. Crikey, I had to use a Vice Grip™ just a short while ago to open a wide mouth drink bottle, that's how bad the arthritis has affected my hands . 

If you have a Harbor Freight near you, some of them carry the punches... but you said you don't have the grip for that, so maybe Michael's or Hobby Lobby might have the kind of punches that you hammer the hole out... or if you have an old (spare or broken) telescoping antennae, you can take it apart and use the appropriate diameter tube section to punch out a hole... you'll need to sharpen the end with an X-Acto knife or utility blade... then you can hold it with pliers and tap the punch through the leather...

Here is a similar one I made out of brass tubing...

Then again, nobody has old antennas or brass tubing laying around... but who knows, I think you said you once did HO scale trains and maybe model planes (so you might have tubing) or that was someone else... whatever, you could always just stab a hole in the belt like everyone else instead going through all this nonsense.

I can complicate any simple problem by making a tool to accommodate it.

edited November 2019

...nice work.

Nah, gave away all my model and kite making tools as I have lost so much dexterity in my hands and fingers I no longer could use them and they were just taking up space, particularly since my current flat is the smallest living space I've lived in other than when I stayed in a college dorm.  Ended up donating a bunch of items (including lots of nice cookware  an old Sunbeam Mixmaster, and the rest of my art supplies) the other week that I just had had no room for.

Also I'd still have to pay for the belt anyway. Going to shop around a bit. as someone has to have more affordable belts other than those by Dockers, Dickies, Carhart, and Columbia Sportswear (which were the only brands the place I went to yesterday sold).

• One could try the Hillbilly look, with some twine or go upscale and use clothesline.  A la Jethro Bodine.enlightened

edited November 2019

...found a few places to check out tomorrow & Saturday.  Lots of deals online, but mostly from places I don't recognise save for the two obvious ones, one of which I don't care to do business with that actually has brick & mortar stores in the area, but may have to grit my teeth and go there anyway because they do have a bunch of different canvas web belts at 10$ or less..

have ta get into sleep mode   ise all hyped carraring.  did you know you could use a surface as a particle emitter?

my mind is boggling,  magic wands, sparklers, fire breath  

must sleep or crash at work tomorrow.  cant play hooky this close to holidays. got 2 brand new grand nephews fresh from the cabbage patch.

can imagine what flash drive capacity will be when they are computer literate age.  prolly circuits hard wired into our brains. mental hygiene controls

...nitey nite..

A little Chopin for the trip to dreamland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZtBwlxL0Aw

• I click the render button then go away, coming back later, when it it should all be done and it says "11.jpg exists. Do you wish to overwrite?"

ARGH!!!!!!!!!

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,172

D'oh!  A worthy complaint!  I never walk away until it's actually working on the render.  Or, I don't walk away at all.  Otherwise, I know something like this will happen.

Dana

• i've reached the point where my 3rd party assets have become annoying to scroll through... how does anyone maintain their sanity?

By subdividing the stuff into subfolders! (and going insane anyway)

• Suspenders or a drill...

Delete everything made by 3rd parties, in protest...

Stores are like Fax-machines... 90% will be gone and the 10% that remain, will only be used by 1% of the living population, and possibly still have a land-line and a fax-machine tied to it...

For 1/5th the price, you can afford to just buy another one, or four more, until you get one as good as a name-brand. However, 90% of the time, that isn't needed, so you end-up with 3x to 4x more "stuff", you will never actually use, and didn't honestly need... Or more money to buy things you actually needed, instead of being broke from buying a dozen name-brand PCIe 16x risers, a dozen RasPi boards and 12,000,000 candle-power worth of white LED laser lights...

Complaint: Google spell-check, or any online spelling-checker, except the built-in one, STILL doesn't work in these outdated, hacked {customized}, forums text-boxes! Standards, who needs them... "It works. Leave it alone." This took a whole year to re-code the standard text-box into a custom non-standard text-box, just so they could have, and sell, a built-in checker, which is garbage. I am sure it has purposely blocked all other free and functional spelling-checkers, so you feel compelled to "buy the premium spelling checker". Seriously, Daz supports that, by allowing it, but doesn't support it, by actually buying it? Funny how they charge for something built into most web-browsers for free, since 2004.)

...thought about a set of bracers, but unless the slacks have buttons for the proper type, the the ones that clip on tend to tear up the waistband and then you have to go buy new slacks (which are more expensive than a belt). 

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,904

My Dad used to wear an old suspender (probably grandpa's) as a belt on his work-pants, but eventually Mom asked me to give him one of mine. So he proudly wore this red girl-belt with pattern cut-outs and the lot. At least it had a lot of holes in it...

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,440
    edited November 2019
    kyoto kid said:

...nitey nite..

A little Chopin for the trip to dreamland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZtBwlxL0Aw

Thank you.smiley  I'm familiar with his many nocturnes but hadn't ever heard this piece (Berceuse) previously.  Wikipedia labels it a lullaby but it could easily be a nocturne. 

"Nocturne", what a wonderful word describing a type of music eliciting quiet evening beauty.  I sometime imagine being at the house of Chopin on a quiet evening, standing out on a balcony while he sits at the piano idly inventing something like that while I watch the moon peek from the clouds and the breezes settle into stillness.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    edited November 2019

non complaint  brought a lil electric shawl to work with me,  warms on my legs, tucked around my lower back.  aahhhh

TIME DESCRIPTION TEMP FEELS PRECIP HUMIDITY WIND

9:15 AM FRI

Partly Cloudy 36° 26°

0%

56% NW 17 mph

9:15 AM FRI

Mostly Cloudy -3°

0%

55% NW 27 km/h

Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom Hourly Weather

2:13 pm GMT

2:15 PM

FRI

Mostly Sunny 53° 50°

0%

55% N 7 mph

Milwaukee, WI Hourly Weather

8:07 am CST

8:15 AM

FRI

Sunny 18°

0%

62% WNW 6 mph

Post edited by Mistara on

Non-complaint... I dropped my wife off at her company's new location and down the road is a big Korean supermarket chain store... I'm in seafood snack heaven!
    Not just my dried squid jerky snacks, but those puffed shrimp and crispy crab puffy snacks...

And I found my beloved coconut soy milk too...!

I didn't buy this because I don't have a goat...

Also I'm not sure if it's "weed" for horny goats... either to mellow them out or make them horny... or... wait, goats have horns, so aren't they naturally horny? Now I'm not sure if we are talking "Jiggy" kinda "horny" or having nice horns... maybe it's just a tea from a weed that horny goats enjoy... or maybe it's a weed that'll make you horny like a goat... though goats never struck me as being particularly horny... well, aside from the horns... maybe it's a weed to keep away horny goats... like how horny poodles will get amorous with a stranger's leg... I'm sure that would be a lot more awkward with a goat...

Too much to consider... 

But yay! VitaSoy and seafoody yummyness!

lady goats with expectations?

dropped  a few hints to people at work, lunch at crickets of sayville would be nice on cold day like today.  they has a big ass fireplace

kyoto kid said:

...thought about a set of bracers, but unless the slacks have buttons for the proper type, the the ones that clip on tend to tear up the waistband and then you have to go buy new slacks (which are more expensive than a belt). 

Aren't bracers for archers and swashbucklers?... Those wrist/forearm gauntlet things.

Are you a swashbuckler? I'm picturing the Dread Pirate Roberts... only a bit less spring in his step... Riding the bus...  checking out belts... I see the clerk in the store asking if you need help and you pointing out a belt with your swashbuckling sword... "How much is that one..."   I'm also picturing the clerk being apathetic and not noticing. 

Also, I'm referring to the character from "The Princess Bride"... not the notorious darknet drug dealer by the same name.

But now I'm picturing that too...

no one complains like a flock of canadian geese in feels like 20F weather

edited November 2019
    Mystarra said:

lady goats with expectations?

dropped  a few hints to people at work, lunch at crickets of sayville would be nice on cold day like today.  they has a big ass fireplace

For roasting big asses?... Mmmm roast donkey.

Crickets... on Montauk highway?… I think I've passed that place a few times... didn't smell donkey.

BTW... I didn't know electric shawls existed... thanks, now I have a nice gift idea for my wife who is alway cold.

Post edited by McGyver on

this the 1 i got,  sitting nice and toasty. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FHW8XQ4/

yeah, montauk hwy  they do  YUMMI Mah potatoes, not too salty.

all i need now is some butterscotch shnapp for my hot cocoa

This discussion has been closed.