My phone will not charge complaint thread

Comments

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    Mystarra said:

this the 1 i got,  sitting nice and toasty. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FHW8XQ4/

yeah, montauk hwy  they do  YUMMI Mah potatoes, not too salty.

all i need now is some butterscotch shnapp for my hot cocoa

That's actually one that I was thinking of getting after I read "electric shawl" and said "Hmmm... they make those... interesting...."  the color is nice too, she likes reds.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited November 2019
    kyoto kid said:

...nitey nite..

A little Chopin for the trip to dreamland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZtBwlxL0Aw

Thank you.smiley  I'm familiar with his many nocturnes but hadn't ever heard this piece (Berceuse) previously.  Wikipedia labels it a lullaby but it could easily be a nocturne. 

"Nocturne", what a wonderful word describing a type of music eliciting quiet evening beauty.  I sometime imagine being at the house of Chopin on a quiet evening, standing out on a balcony while he sits at the piano idly inventing something like that while I watch the moon peek from the clouds and the breezes settle into stillness.

...it's why he's my favourite. Even many of his etudes are more concert works than just mere exercises. 

This is one of my favourites of the set.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho4rczoOV4s

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited November 2019
    McGyver said:
    kyoto kid said:

...thought about a set of bracers, but unless the slacks have buttons for the proper type, the the ones that clip on tend to tear up the waistband and then you have to go buy new slacks (which are more expensive than a belt). 

Aren't bracers for archers and swashbucklers?... Those wrist/forearm gauntlet things.

Are you a swashbuckler? I'm picturing the Dread Pirate Roberts... only a bit less spring in his step... Riding the bus...  checking out belts... I see the clerk in the store asking if you need help and you pointing out a belt with your swashbuckling sword... "How much is that one..."   I'm also picturing the clerk being apathetic and not noticing. 

Also, I'm referring to the character from "The Princess Bride"... not the notorious darknet drug dealer by the same name.

But now I'm picturing that too...

....apologies my bad for the typo, meant "braces" (not confused with those used to correct one's dental issues)  Was late, was drinking an imperial pint of a  9.4% porter and must have grazed the "R" key.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,440
    edited November 2019
    kyoto kid said:
    kyoto kid said:

...nitey nite..

A little Chopin for the trip to dreamland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZtBwlxL0Aw

Thank you.smiley  I'm familiar with his many nocturnes but hadn't ever heard this piece (Berceuse) previously.  Wikipedia labels it a lullaby but it could easily be a nocturne. 

"Nocturne", what a wonderful word describing a type of music eliciting quiet evening beauty.  I sometime imagine being at the house of Chopin on a quiet evening, standing out on a balcony while he sits at the piano idly inventing something like that while I watch the moon peek from the clouds and the breezes settle into stillness.

...it's why he's my favourite. Even many of his etudes are more concert works than just mere exercises. 

This is one of my favourites of the set.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho4rczoOV4s

Yes, I've always liked that particular etude.

Back in the '70s I tried my hand at some of the Chopin etudes but was only able to play fragments of some of them except for one, my favorite, the "Revolutionary" (Op 10 #12).  I drove my neighbors nuts practicing that.  It was the hardest, yet most fun two minutes of my life whenever I was able to show it off.   I haven't played it in 30 years now but I still catch myself playing air-piano with the left hand of that piece (I'm left handed).  A finger-worm is almost as bad an an ear-worm.devil

Fredrick Chopin: Etude Op 10, #12 "The Revolutionary Etude" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjmKsInL4cc

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    edited November 2019

...yeah I get a lot of that (and "foot worm" when listening to certain to organ works) 

The Etudes were deceptively difficult but so many were so beautiful. My best "showpieces" were the Op 10 #3 (which I linked to), Op 25 #9 "Flutterby" (as my character Leela calls it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFNSeohHQj4

...and my "tour de force" Op25 #11 "Winter Wind."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WjpEQBZA44

Also loved the final of the Op 25 set referred to as "Ocean".  Basically a study for arpeggios, accented notes, and pedal use but with passion written in.  It is said that he wrote this and the C minor "Revolutionary" Etude after receiving news that Warsaw had fallen to the Russian in 1831.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8pkSdOxTjo

The reason I choose this particular set of recordings by Mr. Ashkenazy is that I feel his interpretations capture the feeling and expression more and are pretty close to how I played them.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072
    DanaTA said:
    Tjohn said:

(Sigh)

What's wrong?   frown

Dana

Having tests done for something possibly very bad. Results take forever, of course. I'll let you know more when I know more.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,172
    Tjohn said:
    DanaTA said:
    Tjohn said:

(Sigh)

What's wrong?   frown

Dana

Having tests done for something possibly very bad. Results take forever, of course. I'll let you know more when I know more.

sad  I hope the tests prove negative on the bad thing!

Dana

edited November 2019
    Tjohn said:
    DanaTA said:
    Tjohn said:

(Sigh)

What's wrong?   frown

Dana

...hang in there, and I concur with Dana.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    kyoto kid said:
    Tjohn said:
    DanaTA said:
    Tjohn said:

(Sigh)

What's wrong?   frown

Dana

As do I

• Yes, I hope it's a false alarm.

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,904

Yeah, me too. Hang in there, Tjohn!

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072

Thank you, my friends.

Tjohn said:
    DanaTA said:
    Tjohn said:

(Sigh)

What's wrong?   frown

Dana

I hope everything turns out well... stay positive or I'll try and cheer you up by writing something long and convoluted involving talking cats and capybaras in trench coats... Nobody wants that.

kyoto kid said:
    McGyver said:
    kyoto kid said:

...thought about a set of bracers, but unless the slacks have buttons for the proper type, the the ones that clip on tend to tear up the waistband and then you have to go buy new slacks (which are more expensive than a belt). 

Aren't bracers for archers and swashbucklers?... Those wrist/forearm gauntlet things.

Are you a swashbuckler? I'm picturing the Dread Pirate Roberts... only a bit less spring in his step... Riding the bus...  checking out belts... I see the clerk in the store asking if you need help and you pointing out a belt with your swashbuckling sword... "How much is that one..."   I'm also picturing the clerk being apathetic and not noticing. 

Also, I'm referring to the character from "The Princess Bride"... not the notorious darknet drug dealer by the same name.

....apologies my bad for the typo, meant "braces" (not confused with those used to correct one's dental issues)  Was late, was drinking an imperial pint of a  9.4% porter and must have grazed the "R" key.

So... not the Dread Pirate Roberts... I was kinda committed to that... I even worked out a whole backstory for you and everything… oh well. 
    9.4 %... nice... that's pretty much malt liquor territory... a few of those and you may well feel like dressing up as a pirate... Yarrrr!

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,635
    edited November 2019

Complaint: Tonight's Duke BB game is such a slaughter that it is hardly worth watching.

Non-Complaint: Duke is winning over Colorado State

Edit: Duke won !

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

Complaint: Tonight's Duke BB game is such a slaughter that it is hardly worth watching.

Non-Complaint: Duke is winning over Colorado State

Edit: Duke won !

I guess you thought it worth watching after all!

Dana

McGyver said:
    Tjohn said:
    DanaTA said:
    Tjohn said:

(Sigh)

What's wrong?   frown

Dana

I hope everything turns out well... stay positive or I'll try and cheer you up by writing something long and convoluted involving talking cats and capybaras in trench coats... Nobody wants that.

I do, I do!   laugh

Dana

McGyver said:
    kyoto kid said:
    McGyver said:
    kyoto kid said:

So... not the Dread Pirate Roberts... I was kinda committed to that... I even worked out a whole backstory for you and everything… oh well. 
    9.4 %... nice... that's pretty much malt liquor territory... a few of those and you may well feel like dressing up as a pirate... Yarrrr!

..yeah, my "swashbuckling" days have been long over for a while. 

• Complaint:  It's chainsaw season here.  Whrrrr, whiiiinnnne, whrrrrrr... hour after hour yesterday and it's started again this morning at 7:30.sad  Somebody nearby is clearing trees.  Possibly ones felled on the hill behind me or down in the swamp in front of me, during recent high winds.

Ooh, ooh, I know...  It was a test.  A tree fell in the forest, I wasn't there, did it make a sound?  Maybe, maybe not, but there's a lot of sound coming from it now.frown

edited November 2019

Non-complaint:  Wheee... Only about 10 days to my birthday.(*sparkles, cake & candles*)   Although, I've been celebrating for about a month already with my computer hardware upgrades.surprise  I think I'm almost done for now.   I've modernized all four of my useful machines with more or faster RAM or storage to the point where they run like horses instead of cows (racecars are way out of my budget).  Yet, there is still birthday mania flowing in my veins and I've almost decided to get another SSD for one of the two machines still without one.  I'd like to get a Samsung "EVO 970" 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD ($170) or the newer "970 Plus" ($200) but my budget is screaming.  So, I could either cut capacity to 500GB or get a not so prestigious brand.  The two SSDs that I did get were made by Crucial (an "MX500" 1TB and an "MX500" 500GB) that have been favorably discussed and compared with the Samsungs and I'm happy with them (so far).  My SSDs were for my older motherboards that don't have  M.2 sockets, so the SSDs are the standard "SATA 2.5 inch" form similar to a laptop hard drive, not the much faster and tiny NVMe technology in the "PCIe M.2" form.  Yes, the Samsung brand SSDs have nominally better specs, but the Crucial brand has been compared favorably with corresponding Samsung devices and are just a little over half the price.  My new modern motherboard supports the "PCIe M.2" form.  So, I'm sorely tempted to test the claims of blazing speed of "PCIe NVMe M.2" technology and get the Crucial "P1" 1TB NVMe in the M.2 form for $99".  Happy birthday to me!smiley  Now, if only I could surprise myself with a card and wrapped gift, like Mr. Bean. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nldsZmeajAc  or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cL5FMopMyk

If I don't spoil myself, who will?

You may ask; do I really need 4 computers?frown  To which I reply;  "Why yes, yes I do!"cheeky  One never knows when three of them will die simultaneously.surprise  Besides, they're my children.  One cannot abandon one's children (until they become a deadly anchor and their organs would be profitable)devil

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Non-complaint:  Wheee... Only about 10 days to my birthday.(*sparkles, cake & candles*)   Although, I've been celebrating for about a month already with my computer hardware upgrades.surprise  I think I'm almost done for now.   I've modernized all four of my useful machines with more or faster RAM or storage to the point where they run like horses instead of cows (racecars are way out of my budget).  Yet, there is still birthday mania flowing in my veins and I've almost decided to get another SSD for one of the two machines still without one.  I'd like to get a Samsung "EVO 970" 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD ($170) or the newer "970 Plus" ($200) but my budget is screaming.  So, I could either cut capacity to 500GB or get a not so prestigious brand.  The two SSDs that I did get were made by Crucial (an "MX500" 1TB and an "MX500" 500GB) that have been favorably discussed and compared with the Samsungs and I'm happy with them (so far).  My SSDs were for my older motherboards that don't have  M.2 sockets, so the SSDs are the standard "SATA 2.5 inch" form similar to a laptop hard drive, not the much faster and tiny NVMe technology in the "PCIe M.2" form.  Yes, the Samsung brand SSDs have nominally better specs, but the Crucial brand has been compared favorably with corresponding Samsung devices and are just a little over half the price.  My new modern motherboard supports the "PCIe M.2" form.  So, I'm sorely tempted to test the claims of blazing speed of "PCIe NVMe M.2" technology and get the Crucial "P1" 1TB NVMe in the M.2 form for $99".  Happy birthday to me!smiley  Now, if only I could surprise myself with a card and wrapped gift, like Mr. Bean. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nldsZmeajAc  or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cL5FMopMyk

You may ask; do I really need 4 computers?frown  To which I reply;  "Why yes, yes I do!"cheeky  One never knows when three of them will die simultaneously.surprise  Besides, they're my children.  One cannot abandon one's children (until they become a deadly anchor and their organs would be profitable)devil

Happy almost birthday,  hmm 10 days to work on a happy birthday render

actually, what kind of renders do you like?

besides  whips, mohawks, and squirrels smiley

Chohole said:
    kyoto kid said:
    Tjohn said:
    DanaTA said:
    Tjohn said:

(Sigh)

What's wrong?   frown

Dana

As do I

Please be okay  !!!!!!

edited November 2019
    Mystarra said:

I'd show you but the mods would jump on it as TOS violations and erase me.devil  But no special attention please.  I mentioned birthday as a convenient excuse for an annual budget busting binge.indecision  One year it was a big modern TV.  Another year it was a nice office swivel chair & filing cabinets, another year it was a trip to Florida and Orlando attractions.  I don't have a mate any more but I still get mating ritual urges for spending more than is prudent.frown  This year's spending spree would not have been possible without having given up my car and all its attendant expenses, and turning into a mushroom firmly rooted to my apartment out of the light and away from frivolous temptations for things like decent food.

Mystarra said:

I'd show you but the mods would jump on it as TOS violations and erase me.devil  But no special attention please.  I mentioned birthday as a convenient excuse for an annual budget busting binge.indecision  One year it was a big modern TV.  Another year it was a nice office swivel chair & filing cabinets, another year it was a trip to Florida and Orlando attractions.  I don't have a mate any more but I still get mating ritual urges for spending more than is prudent.frown  This year's spending spree would not have been possible without having given up my car and all its attendant expenses, and turning into a mushroom firmly rooted to my apartment out of the light and away from frivolous temptations for things like decent food.

tos busting?  anything to do with acorns? 

havent bben to the sunshine state since '83

imagine epcot been updated since then

fetched out the slow cooker

got minotaur beef cubes to cook, (total savage dinosaur like) i imagine, never met a dinosaur to watch their eating habits

tried looking up how to turn it into stroganov

Stroganov je populárny, pôvodom ruský pokrm, pripravený z kvalitného hovädzieho mäsa s omáčkou z uhoriek, húb a cibule. Pôvodne sa mäso flambovalo vodkou, neskôr koňakom, ale vždy sa ku koncu primiešala krémová smotana.
    Táto gurmánska špecialita je dielom kuchára, ktorý varil v jednom ruskom paláci pre šľachtickú rodinu Stroganov. Recept bol publikovaný prvýkrát v kuchárke už v roku 1861. Čoskoro sa Stroganov rozšíril aj mimo hraníc Ruska. Hlavne do Francúzska, kde obmieňaním rôznych ingrediencií vzniklo viacero variant tejto skvelej minútky.

V recepte Stroganov môžete použiť aj roštenec namiesto sviečkovice, len mäso chvíľku poduste, aby bolo mäkké.

Suroviny

g hovädzia sviečkovica

g cibuľa

g šampiňóny čerstvé

g uhorka sterilizovaná

PL horčica dijonská

PL pretlak paradajkový - rajčinový

ml olej olivový

g smotana kyslá

ml koňak

podľa potreby

korenie čierne mleté
        soľ

you ever do sauer braten in a slow cooker?  use white vinegar?

pierogies,  need a air dryer for the pierogies cheeky

yumma potatoe and chedder cheese in a dumpling

luv de dumplings

miłość pierogi ziemniak i cheedar

whas a good air fryer to get?  never tried one.

never did get the juicer.  need one to make beet juice.

edited November 2019

...not the one I had.  I found out through research that the company's "CS" pretty much doesn't exist from comments by other buyers.  

To get one that's reputable, reliable, and repairable, expect to pay more.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2019

Totally agree with KK.   I bought one  in Black Friday Sale,  it broke on 2nd using,   Amazon replaced it,   Next one did exactly the same.  gave up and decided that there wasn't much difference in using an air fryer and using a fan assisted oven.  And my built in cooker has one of those already.

Post edited by Chohole on
This discussion has been closed.