My phone will not charge complaint thread

Comments

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    edited November 2019
    Mystarra said:

...i can't even get the box on to a cart.  need an alien fighting exoskeleton.

Used or new... ?

Post edited by McGyver on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    McGyver said:
    Mystarra said:

...i can't even get the box on to a cart.  need an alien fighting exoskeleton.

Used or new... ?

well beggars cant be choosers

the 1    sigourney weaver used is prolly too tall for me

edited November 2019

finally watched amadeus to the end, i dont get it
    he was so tired and over worked he dies?

solier leave a diary?  howd they know all that.
    the priest wrote it down?  arent those convos supposed to be private?

Post edited by Mistara on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    TigerAnne said:

I have a strong desire to obtain a perfect artificial Christmas tree. The one I have is very pretty, but it's only a few years younger than myself, and has structural damage from cat-attacks in the 90s.

...I still want to get one of these:

...but they're all vintage these days and tend to be rather expensive.

this  outfit looks familiar.  might even have it but cant remember the name

would like to try it on layla if could find it >.<

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,172
    kyoto kid said:
    TigerAnne said:

I have a strong desire to obtain a perfect artificial Christmas tree. The one I have is very pretty, but it's only a few years younger than myself, and has structural damage from cat-attacks in the 90s.

My grandmother had one of those.  That was in the 60s!

Dana

DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:
    TigerAnne said:

Dana

a tinsel tree?

Mystarra said:
    DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:
    TigerAnne said:

Dana

a tinsel tree?

Basically, yes.  The large, essentially wooden dowel, for a trunk was painted silver.  The color wheel had four colors, so it would change over and over.  But slowly, not rapidly.  She hung pink, satin, balls on it.  So it looked nice even during the day with the wheel turned off.

Dana

edited November 2019

...[NM, found an answer in another thread.]

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,104
    Ostadan said:

Ordered an inexpensive bookcase through Wayfair.  A package arrived containing a desk, which I unfortunately unpacked before realizing it was the wrong product.  They will replace it but I will never manage to put all those pieces back into the box.

Sounds similar to bed sheets. It is basically impossible to put back into original condition.
    edited November 2019

page 90

tapped out of ideas  enlightened

The Squirrels Ate my Nutz Complaint Thread
    The Ferret Stole My Socks Complaint Thread
    The Ninja Hamster Kicked My Butt Complaint Thread
    The Doors Dont Open  Complaint Thread
    The There's No Restrooms in Space Complaint Thread
    The Mushy Peasv
     Complaint Thread
    The Bangers and Mash Complaint Thread​
    The Movie Made no Sense
     Complaint Thread
    The Chairs Dont Swivel Complaint Thread
    The Unicorn Dpesnt Deflate Complaint Thread

Post edited by Mistara on
  • Mystarra said:

It's made up - there's absolutely no evidence against Salieri, but his supposed jealously and alleged poisoning of Mozart is a long-standing myth.

Mystarra said:

It's made up - there's absolutely no evidence against Salieri, but his supposed jealously and alleged poisoning of Mozart is a long-standing myth.

suspected hollywood malarky

suggests he may have died from vit D deficiency
    http://www.nbcnews.com/id/43675803/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/how-did-mozart-die-we-now-know-score

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,293
    edited November 2019
    Mystarra said:
    Mystarra said:

suspected hollywood malarky

Pre-Hollywood https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozart_and_Salieri_(opera) . And Peter Schaffer's Amadeus was originally a stage play, the film came quite a bit later.

Mystarra said:

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Too much music in his head and couldn't get out fast enough.  Brain 'sploded.surprise

edited November 2019

...The Mozart's Head Asploded Complaint Thread

Nixon's head is somewhere in the west geography

niks xonplaint simulation with 900,000,000 particles prolly gonna run all weekend on my dj pc. hexacore.

trying to figure how this was done

Sphere To Dust in Carrara - YouTube

..I thought it was here:

Mystarra said:

That would be Montana!

Dana

Dang it... My stupid office chair is dying. I've had this thing for like fifteen years and slowly it's been headed to the rubbish bin, but I keep fixing it... much to my wife's chagrin.
    It's actually a rescue chair too... my friend's company was changing decor and he asked me if I wanted it, so of course I took it.

It was a decent chair, fairly heavy duty and had nice features, but one by one every thing has broken and been fixed multiple times... the thing that put it on my wife disposal radar was a rip in the corner of the seat... now something attached to the pneumatic piston has broken off and I'm not wielding that back on... too fiddlie and unnecessarily complicated. Megh... it had a good run.

Why am I sharing this?... because I leaned back in it and it went "snap" and now it's stuck in the semi reclining position and I can't reach my beer... so I'm siting here holding my iPad looking at my beer on my desk, next to my feet and I'm pondering how I should go about getting out of this position without knocking my beer over or falling out of the chair...

I guess I'm going with slithering out onto the floor... since the chair is slowly moving away from the desk anyway... 

Oh come on... of course it stops rolling back once I'm in the least comfortable position.

Really... I forgot I put wheels on the short filing cabinet next to the desk... if I try and roll it, microscopic dust particles will be too big for the wheels to roll over and it won't budge, but of course now it freely rolls over to me because I'm trying to use it as leverage.

Oooh... I forgot... I have monkey feet...

I just took my sneaker off and picked up my beer with my foot...

Too bad I didn't bring over more beers...

Well, I guess... 

Nevermind... It popped forward and I slid out onto the floor... didn't spill my beer either. 

Later peeps... I gotta go punish my chair and I totally forgot what I was going to write before this.

I wonder how Tjohn is doing... If you are out there lurking, I hope everything turns out okay... be well.

• Mystarra said:

page 90

tapped out of ideas  enlightened

The Squirrels Ate my Nutz Complaint Thread
    The Ferret Stole My Socks Complaint Thread
    The Ninja Hamster Kicked My Butt Complaint Thread
    The Doors Dont Open  Complaint Thread
    The There's No Restrooms in Space Complaint Thread
    The Mushy Peasv
     Complaint Thread
    The Bangers and Mash Complaint Thread​
    The Movie Made no Sense
     Complaint Thread
    The Chairs Dont Swivel Complaint Thread
    The Unicorn Dpesnt Deflate Complaint Thread

Some of these are legitimate complaints, for sure.  But still not feeling it for a thread title.

kyoto kid said:

...The Mozart's Head Asploded Complaint Thread

Yeah, I'm sure it didn't happen and...still not feeling it.  I mean really, do we want to be looking at this as a thread title for the next 3-4 months?

edited November 2019
    McGyver said:

Dang it... My stupid office chair is dying. I've had this thing for like fifteen years and slowly it's been headed to the rubbish bin, but I keep fixing it... much to my wife's chagrin.
    It's actually a rescue chair too... my friend's company was changing decor and he asked me if I wanted it, so of course I took it.

It was a decent chair, fairly heavy duty and had nice features, but one by one every thing has broken and been fixed multiple times... the thing that put it on my wife disposal radar was a rip in the corner of the seat... now something attached to the pneumatic piston has broken off and I'm not wielding that back on... too fiddlie and unnecessarily complicated. Megh... it had a good run.

Why am I sharing this?... because I leaned back in it and it went "snap" and now it's stuck in the semi reclining position and I can't reach my beer... so I'm siting here holding my iPad looking at my beer on my desk, next to my feet and I'm pondering how I should go about getting out of this position without knocking my beer over or falling out of the chair...

I guess I'm going with slithering out onto the floor... since the chair is slowly moving away from the desk anyway... 

Oh come on... of course it stops rolling back once I'm in the least comfortable position.

Really... I forgot I put wheels on the short filing cabinet next to the desk... if I try and roll it, microscopic dust particles will be too big for the wheels to roll over and it won't budge, but of course now it freely rolls over to me because I'm trying to use it as leverage.

Oooh... I forgot... I have monkey feet...

I just took my sneaker off and picked up my beer with my foot...

Too bad I didn't bring over more beers...

Well, I guess... 

Nevermind... It popped forward and I slid out onto the floor... didn't spill my beer either. 

Later peeps... I gotta go punish my chair and I totally forgot what I was going to write before this.

...I'm still using one of these with a pillow on it. Can't afford a proper "executive" desk chair, and don't have a vehicle (as well as don't drive) to get one cheaper at a resale or office surplus store. Once found a lovely, well maintained, and comfortable one with a nice high back for 25$ as a second hand store but had no way to get it home.

...The I Need a Comfy Desk Chair Complaint Thread.

edited November 2019
    McGyver said:

I wonder how Tjohn is doing... If you are out there lurking, I hope everything turns out okay... be well.

...yeah, been rather concerned myself.  Hoping there are no complications.

...The We Really Miss You TJ Complaint Thread.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,440
    edited November 2019

Complaint:  Computer parts woes.  I've been ordering new/better/bigger computer parts for my old computer.  I was counting on doubling my RAM in my oldest computer but after many delays (slow boat from China, snow storms in NY, etc.) my new memory arrived and it doesn't work.  (*sigh*)sad  Also, I finally got done playing hard drive "musical chairs" and had a free 1TB 3/5 inch drive ready to be put into a brand new external case so I opened the box, assembled the drive into the case, plugged it into my new USB3 ports on my old computer, and ... nothing.  Zip.  Nada.  Oh, wait, I lie, the power light came on and the disk spins but data-wise, nada.crying  Of course tests have eliminated the USB3 port(s), the computer(s), the cables(s), the harddrive itself,.. nope, it's the 'lectronics in the case. (*sigh*)sad.  Decided to abandon both projects and just return the items for refund.  But the siver lining on the dark cloud is that I ordered through Amazon and I spent all of 2 minutes getting authorization to return both items by simply dropping them off at a UPS store where they will box it and ship it at no cost to me.  Yay!yes  Say what you will about Amazon, but they know what makes the customer happy.

Non-complaint:  Yay!  I finally was able to purchase DAZ's "The Brute" on sale today for 70% off.  Yay!smiley  (used money I'll get refunded from Amazon)enlightened

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072
    edited November 2019
    Mystarra said:

niks xonplaint simulation with 900,000,000 particles prolly gonna run all weekend on my dj pc. hexacore.

The Richard Nixon Library & Museum, Yorba Linda, CA

Post edited by TJohn on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072
    McGyver said:

Thanks all. I feel good, just waiting on test results and another test to be performed. This stuff is so S L O W. Hope all have a Happy Turkey Day!

Tjohn said:
    Mystarra said:

The Richard Nixon Library & Museum, Yorba Linda, CA

No mention of his head in jar though.

On a separate thought... I hope you are doing well.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,635
    edited November 2019

Complaint: Major coastal storm setting in with high winds, flooding, and widespread power outages and expected to be as bad as a bad tropical storm. The Weather channel is at Jenettes Pier where I used to work.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

time to roll outta bed and cook up somethin,

feet first?

This discussion has been closed.