Oh, Misty, I forgot my Complaint Thread

Comments

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666

i really should buy a USB keyboard because the USB to PS/2 adapter causes the keyboard's backspace key to stop working sometimes.

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,445

Thanks for the input regarding ripping out an SSD from one laptop, to put into another. I went back to the other laptop. The SSD is only 250GB. I was under the impression it was a TB. So I'll forget that. Instead, I've upgraded the laptop with the SSD to Windows 11 (which I like). 

I've also found out that the laptop that I can't upgrade has an APU (and not a CPU). That is the only reason why this laptop can't be upgraded. I think I'll find out why/how my rendering PC can't be upgraded. 

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,752

Why does stamps and shipping costs have to b3 so high?

edited November 2022

N-RArts said:

I've also found out that the laptop that I can't upgrade has an APU (and not a CPU). That is the only reason why this laptop can't be upgraded. I think I'll find out why/how my rendering PC can't be upgraded.

i did not know that computers with APUs are still being made.

Post edited by starionwolf on
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,008

Complaint: The downside of being composed of decades of injuries... I just came in from doing some tree maintenance in the woods and the sporadic and tickley nerve tingles in my leg turned out to be a rather large earwig that crawled up to my knee and apparently was stowing away for the better part of a half hour... not as bad as when my iPhone vibrates in the belt holster, but I'm not wearing it and the phone is inside the house somewhere charging.

Apparently a lifetime of "hold my beer" does have its consequences.

Actually what's more annoying is 98% of my "HMB" dumbness was uneventful and 98% of my injuries were either not my fault or unavoidable due to circumstances beyond my control.

Other complaint: I hate autumn... especially cleaning up the leaves... what's super annoying is we have a lot of big red oaks around here and what's really annoying about them is unlike say a maple, bitter cherry, walnut or sassafras who pretty much drop their leaves in a few days once they decide to go bald, a red oak generally drops its leave in dribs and drabs... they go full brown all at once, but take months to stop falling... the stupid trees probably won't be done until January or a really bad nor'easter rips them off... plus the damn things are glossy, so even dry they are slippery and they have big pointy lobes which curl up and act like hooks when they dry, so they snag on stuff and won't let go.

Does the Genesis 9 Starter Essentials Expansion has two sets of anatomical elements?  I don't want renders of them as I think that is agaisnt the TOS and I don't want to get anyone in trouble.

Does TOS means Too Old Socks?  as in the socks that are so holey that no one has any use of them even the best craft artist?

McGyver said:

Other complaint: I hate autumn... especially cleaning up the leaves... what's super annoying is we have a lot of big red oaks around here and what's really annoying about them is unlike say a maple, bitter cherry, walnut or sassafras who pretty much drop their leaves in a few days once they decide to go bald, a red oak generally drops its leave in dribs and drabs... they go full brown all at once, but take months to stop falling... the stupid trees probably won't be done until January or a really bad nor'easter rips them off... plus the damn things are glossy, so even dry they are slippery and they have big pointy lobes which curl up and act like hooks when they dry, so they snag on stuff and won't let go.

Is it just me who noticed this?  It seems that in real life one has to work to rake up the fall leaves but in DS or other 3D art software, one needs to put in work to make the leaves scatter on the ground like it would in nature? 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,617

...I had to do that for my Daz+ Halloween entry, takes time to get leaves scattering and blowing about.

Sfariah said:

Is it just me who noticed this?  It seems that in real life one has to work to rake up the fall leaves but in DS or other 3D art software, one needs to put in work to make the leaves scatter on the ground like it would in nature? 

Thats a truly great observation and the irony is painful.

• McGyver said:

Sfariah said:

Thats a truly great observation and the irony is painful.

Does the scattering of digital leaves, cause an increase in virtual entropy?indecision

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,029

McGyver said:

Complaint: The downside of being composed of decades of injuries... I just came in from doing some tree maintenance in the woods and the sporadic and tickley nerve tingles in my leg turned out to be a rather large earwig that crawled up to my knee and apparently was stowing away for the better part of a half hour... not as bad as when my iPhone vibrates in the belt holster, but I'm not wearing it and the phone is inside the house somewhere charging.

Apparently a lifetime of "hold my beer" does have its consequences.

Actually what's more annoying is 98% of my "HMB" dumbness was uneventful and 98% of my injuries were either not my fault or unavoidable due to circumstances beyond my control.

Yeah that's what I keep telling myself about my injuries, too.

But I think we both really know better, don't we?

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,209
    edited November 2022

A ponder:  Ancient brain, idly considering the concept of virtual entropy mentioned above.  If it is like real entropy, then can we likewise assume that in the past, the virtual entropy was less, and at some time in the far past, virtual entropy was zero.  So, was there a virtual Big Bang? frown  I conceive that to be the state where all pixels are co-located with infinite color (whatever that means) and that shortly after the virtual Big Bang, the laws of the virtual world conspire to break symmetry and establish first luminance(Y), then chromanance(RGB) leading to all existing images.  Wheee... fun.devil  

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,551

LeatherGryphon said:

A ponder:  Ancient brain, idly considering the concept of virtual entropy mentioned above.  If it is like real entropy, then can we likewise assume that in the past, the virtual entropy was less, and at some time in the far past, virtual entropy was zero.  So, was there a virtual Big Bang? frown  I conceive that to be the state where all pixels are co-located with infinite color (whatever that means) and that shortly after the virtual Big Bang, the laws of the virtual world conspire to break symmetry and establish first luminance(Y), then chromanance(RGB) leading to all existing images.  Wheee... fun.devil  

Are you saying that the NFT containing just one black pixel was actually worth a million dollars? 

edited November 2022

PerttiA said:

LeatherGryphon said:

Are you saying that the NFT containing just one black pixel was actually worth a million dollars? 

Nope, sorry.  Black and CYMB are from the anti-world.  That would be an anti-pixel, worth at least negative one million dollars.surprise 

The infinite brightness, infinite color(whatever that means), pixel would be the one to collect.enlightened

Which sci-fi captain will be from Iowa?

Has anyone seen my glasses?  I just know they aren't on my face.

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,025

Octarine?? 

The infinite brightness, infinite color(whatever that means), pixel would be the one to collect.enlightened

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,445

starionwolf said:

N-RArts said:

i did not know that computers with APUs are still being made.

Probably not. My laptop is nine years old.

My rendering PC is about eight years old, and it has the same reasons as the laptop as to why it can't be upgraded (APU and TPM 2.0) to Windows 11 either.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My head is done in.

I've got sulphur burps.

I'm so fed up. 

I think DS crashed before I could save the scene.  I don't know what happened.

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,025

and now the complaint - its been snowing for the last 3 days and the low for tonight is -26C

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,098

hacsart said:

and now the complaint - its been snowing for the last 3 days and the low for tonight is -26C

surprise

Dana 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,617
    edited November 2022

...that's aboiut -18° F.

...and it's only the first week of November.

Locally here the next several nights will be below freezing. Didn't want to but had to turn the heat on for a bit ad it was freezing in my place when I got home.  At least no precipitation, but 15 - 20 mph winds tomorrow before it calms down the rest of the week  Had to pull the winter coat out of the closet today and put the rest of the blankets on the bed. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited November 2022

hacsart said:

Well, at least it's "C", which isn't as cold as "F".indecision (if you're above -40C or F)

But regarding the snow..., there are lots of places that don't have enough water right now.  Put an ad on Ebay.enlightened  Snow is easier to put into a box than water is.devil

• Non-complaint:  I'm toddling off to vote this morning.  Wheee...  Excitement in my backwoods village.

This is excitement I can absolutely live without... I remember when you'd just go out to vote like "laa-laa-laaah... off to go do my civic duty"... now it's like if you tick the wrong box Gondor falls and Sauron gets to eat your cookies...

I can't deal with this... I've been avoiding the news for several days because in two seconds I go from "laa-laa-laaah, let's see what's going on" to wanting to project laser doom rays out of my eyes at all that alarms me...

I've been avoiding the mailbox too because it's been filled/stuffed with large (expensive) glossy heavyweight paper flyers that just instantly light my fuse...

I chose my words carefully there... I shouldn't have violated any Therapeutic Otter Sock protocols.

I long for a time where this is just a boring exercise in civic responsibility again and not anything more.

LeatherGryphon said:

Non-complaint:  I'm toddling off to vote this morning.  Wheee...  Excitement in my backwoods village.

I don't know if this posted earlier.  Saturday I toddled off the an early voting site.  I wasn't feeling well.  Still not feeling well.  I hope it isn't the C word. 

• The old "C" word is worse, but the new "C" word is quicker.frown

i'm waiting for the next sale of Daz Original items so that I can buy Brooke 8.1 and Kiko.

Sfariah said:

LeatherGryphon said:

Non-complaint:  I'm toddling off to vote this morning.  Wheee...  Excitement in my backwoods village.

I don't know if this posted earlier.  Saturday I toddled off the an early voting site.  I wasn't feeling well.  Still not feeling well.  I hope it isn't the C word. 

I really hope you haven't contracted Cantaloupes... they are tasty, but very hard to cure.

This discussion has been closed.