Oh, Misty, I forgot my Complaint Thread

Comments

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,207
    edited November 2022

"It used to be so much easier when the there was an actual person on the other end instead of an "artificially dumb" facsimile of one..."

Hmmm..., as opposed to what?  A "naturally dumb" real person?  devil

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,551

LeatherGryphon said:

"It used to be so much easier when the there was an actual person on the other end instead of an "artificially dumb" facsimile of one..."

laugh

Reminds me of a question my coworker was asked in a job interview... "How do you tolerate people that are slow and dumb?"... 

• N-RArts said:

I really don't think it's meant for me to get back into working with Daz Studio.

I haven't been able to render, and Daz has been awful at loading. I think I may have figured out why. My RAM is supposed to be 16GB 

Daz can only find:

Disk Total: 681. 7GB

Disk Available: 545.0GB

Although Task Manager/Resource Monitor says that there's 12.4GB available. With 3.4GB Cached.

Which is right? How do I solve this? Any advice welcome.

Disc avaialble is the space on the HD/SSD, not memory

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,008

PerttiA said:

laugh

Reminds me of a question my coworker was asked in a job interview... "How do you tolerate people that are slow and dumb?"... 

I honestly don't know how I would've answered that... in every situation where I could see that being asked, my first instinct would be "we're getting along fine so far... so probably pretty well, I guess..."

In one instance, the last place I worked at, the owner was interviewing me and I kinda knew him already and he had a dark sense of humor, so l'd probably have said... "Which one?... that guy over there?... Just kinda give me a nod when I'm looking at them and they won't be a problem anymore... wink-wink-nudge-nudge".

McGyver said:

PerttiA said:

laugh

I honestly don't know how I would've answered that... in every situation where I could see that being asked, my first instinct would be "we're getting along fine so far... so probably pretty well, I guess..."

In one instance, the last place I worked at, the owner was interviewing me and I kinda knew him already and he had a dark sense of humor, so l'd probably have said... "Which one?... that guy over there?... Just kinda give me a nod when I'm looking at them and they won't be a problem anymore... wink-wink-nudge-nudge".

Her answer was "One has no option but to tolerate, as they are everywhere..." laugh

PerttiA said:

McGyver said:

PerttiA said:

laugh

Her answer was "One has no option but to tolerate, as they are everywhere..." laugh

Thats a good one... honest too.

edited November 2022

LeatherGryphon said:

One can no longer be satisfied with natural dumbness. 
    For in this day and age we are surrounded by a world of unending possibilities… new heights and challenges for which to set our goals upon…  
    One can no longer be satisfied with mere natural dumbness. 
    For what have those great individuals shown us, who by their daily exploits exemplify how truly stupid we too can be…. what of their efforts?

Is it all for show, for naught, so we can sit in humble dumbitude? 
    Idly wallowing in obscurity, content to simple faux pas and accidental exposure of personal ignorance…? 
    Or is it to challenge us all to be like them, to be brilliant beings of pure dumbness, to cast the light of dumbness into the darkness like a million dumpster fires of stupidity burning in the night.

Did not these great idiots build for us these temples of dumb, these social media platforms and great technologies so we can waddle around like baby ducklings, tripping over our own webbed feet? 
    Or was it so we can soar to new heights of dumbness like deranged eagles, climbing higher and higher so we can plummet into the tallest of volcanoes.

Natural dumbness is but for infants. 
    We must each strive for greatness… to be king or queen or regent supreme of all dumbness. 
    These tireless individuals didn’t amass billions of dollars for their own enjoyment, they don’t suffer having billions of dollars and working their staff to the bone for themselves…

Do they not struggle tirelessly to show each of us how dumb we can be…

Are their clueless pronouncements and posts, their rambling ranting promises and predictions, their unending debacles and fiascos for themselves? 
    Do they dabble in things they know nothing of, or spend vast sums on subjects they have no business meddling in so they can show us all how little they actually know, when instead they could have remained silent and been content to appear sane?

Do they do this for themselves?

Or to challenge us all to be as stupid as possible, to climb to the summit of the greatest of dumb and impale ourselves there on, and by doing so inspiring more to follow, and each by their own impalement, raise further the height of dumbness?

What for their struggle?

*Children of mankind! Of Dumbness! My brethren! 
    I see in your eyes the same doubt in you dumbness that would take the heart of me… 
    A day may come when the stupidity of man fails, when we forsake our “likes” and break all bonds of digital fellowship, but it is not this day… 
    An hour of unfollowing and devalued NFTs when the age of dumbness comes crashing down… but it is not this day! 
    Probably not… 
    Maybe… 
    Who knows?!… 
    This day we Dumb! 
    By all you hold dear on the internet, on social media, I bid you…  
    Stand and be dumb children of the internet!

Sorry... I was overwhelmed by all the dumbness in the world lately and felt the need to defend it.

* Please read this part in the voice of Viggo Mortensen as A Rag On A Rat Horn giving his speech at the Black Gates... actually it probably would work well if you fade into it around the very first few words building strongly as you go, they boldly with conviction shouting it when you get to "Children of mankind"...

For dramatic purposes.

Edit... apparently his name is Aragon of Arathorn... oops.

Post edited by McGyver on
  • beregarberegar Posts: 269

hacsart said:

and now the complaint - its been snowing for the last 3 days and the low for tonight is -26C

We have 10 celsius outside and it's November. I'd expect there to be at least a few days below zero by now since the averages normally hover around zero this time of year. It seems like this is going to be exceptionally warm winter... which is actually good considering the energy prices.

McGyver said:

Sfariah said:

Two dollars used to get one something, but now?

It will still get you eight quarters or twenty dimes or forty nickels or two hundred pennies... probably at least two pennies will be Canadian though... actually scratch that, it probably won't get you any of that, because apparently everywhere I go I see signs that say "due to a national coin shortage, please give exact change"... apparently Covid killed off all the coin trees and while they plant new ones we ain't getting any coins unless we murder our piggy banks and spend their guts.

Yes... I said it kiddies... coins are ceramic pig guts.

It's time you knew.

Life is hard and then someone beats you with a hammer to buy a lottery ticket with you entrails.

Hmm, in what part of the world people still pay with actual physical money? surprise

The only use for coins is to unlock those shopping carts in the store and you get it back in the end so just need one.

edited November 2022

kyoto kid said:

'Plaint. I hate virtual reception bots.

I hate robots in general.

I've never gotten along with them... droids, cyborgs and synthetic individuals, I'm just fine with...

But f7+'8;g robots, no way... they are annoying and I hate them... 

Especially this jerk...

I've probably mentioned him a couple of times and it's never in a flattering manner...

He inhabits a supermarket nearby, which I don't usually go to and every time I go there I run into him doing something annoying... but always getting in my way...

Its on purpose too.

I know he must have access to the video surveillance equipment and he's just waiting for me each time... like some annoying junk yard dog with nothing else to do but plan how to annoy me.

The other day I went into that store to make a quick purchase of hotdog buns and mayonnaise (don't get me started on the sacrilege of mayo on hotdogs)...(kudos to anyone who enjoys it, but- Ugh)... 

First off on entering the store, I'm walking pretty fast because I have less than 10 minutes to pick this junk up, and as I'm going through the door that had opened for some people about ten or twelve feet ahead of me, this lady comes fast walking up in back of me, and as I see her in my peripheral vision, I shift to the side to let her pass... (I walk pretty fast as it is) and as I do, the fricken door pops closed a bit, like about a foot or so, and I clip it full on with my shoulder, because why should I expect the door to pop out suddenly like it's an emergency bulkhead closing to prevent the store from sinking into the cold Atlantic depths. 
    But, yeah... so I may have punched it slightly as that happened...

So I go down to the back of the store where I think the bread is and it's not there (wrong store), so I head to the far end glancing down each aisle as I go, because I'm also looking for mayo and one other item I forgot, but I know if I see it I'll remember... so right up alongside me comes Miss Fastfeet, matching my speed, but about six feet off my starboard shoulder... looking at me like I'm following her, but she is following me, because every time I slow down, or change course so does she... 

This is in the back of the store, actually the same general area as in the picture above with that jerk robot (that picture is two years old and that girl in the picture is my daughter suddenly realizing me and the robot are about to have a fight)... the aisle is actually pretty wide and there are narrow sale item bins and displays in the center... I'm walking on the far side and Fastfeet the other... she's giving me stinkeye and I'm like "I've had it with you, I'm just going to go up to the front of the store on the next aisle"... so I slow down a bit as I'm about to pass a random display with bananas hanging on it, and I glance off to the side to make sure nobody is coming up on my six and I get ready to bank starboard and suddenly in front of me in my peripheral vision I detect an incoming target on a close intercept course, but it's too late and I clip it with my port side, causing me to spin around defensively thinking the banana display attacked me... 

But, I suddenly am confused because I realized the banana display didn't have blue lights on it...

Yup, it was that jerkarse robot hiding behind the banana display and he turned into my path as I was about to pass...

I know he planned that.

He's dark grey and so was the banana display and they are exactly the same height and width...

He'd probably been waiting months for that.

Had he been an inch further in front, I'd have full on tackled him and had no choice but to use his flimsy arse to break my fall... instead I just stood there for a second one hand out one hand pulled back semi clenched like I was waiting for his next move, and a bunch of people looking at us and then realizing they were staring and quickly turning away like the saloon patrons in what's about to be a barroom brawl.

He just teetered back and forth a bit and then pretended to make an evasive maneuver into the banana display.

I'm pretty sure I scared him that time... I'm sure his intention was to trip me and have a laugh about it with the lottery ticket machine later.

I think I made a threatening gesture to him as he turned around, but I went off quickly figuring maybe he'll think twice before trying that again.

The rest of the shopping experience wasn't much better, I forgot the other item, didn't find the right mayo and when I went to buy the buns at the self-checkout, the machine would respond to my input on the touchscreen (probably because it's friends with that buttnugget robot) and when I finally finished the purchase and went to tear off my receipt as it issued from the slot, it popped off the whole front of the machine and sent the paper roll flying off onto the floor... (that was definitely on the store as it could not have been attached properly).

Anyway...

As you can see, I have some reason to not appreciate robots.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,952

Non complaint , I have a pot of 15 bean soup simmering on the stove and the beginings of a beef stew in the crock pot ,house smells delicious!!

• "15 beans"!  Awfully small quantity.surprise  Who are you serving, three gerbils?indecision

LeatherGryphon said:

"15 beans"!  Awfully small quantity.surprise  Who are you serving, three gerbils?indecision

ummm LG,a variety of 15 different types of beans ,making a big 6 quart pot of bean soup ,with pork neck bones and onions ,and a big hunk of crusty hot bread on the side ,and it smells soooo good

carrie58 said:

Non complaint , I have a pot of 15 bean soup simmering on the stove and the beginings of a beef stew in the crock pot ,house smells delicious!!

You are definitely gonna need more than fifteen beans to make a soup... maybe really big ones like Madagascar Humongous Beans or Sasquatch Beans or something large like those... but regular beans are too small.

Unless you use a really small pot... then it makes more sense... and you should probably eat something else too because that's really not much of a meal for an adult human... maybe a sentient hamster with opposable thumbs... but not human people.

edited November 2022

LeatherGryphon said:

"15 beans"!  Awfully small quantity.surprise  Who are you serving, three gerbils?indecision

Wow... you ninjaed me there on both the amount and rodent references... 

Get out of my mind Wizard!... 

I mean I'm out of my mind... nobody should really be in there... its weird and dangerous!

(Edit... that's weird... I looked at the post time for those previous comments and they were way before I commented, but the first 15 bean comment was the last in the thread)

Time dilation and loose chronotrons probably... 

carrie58 said:

LeatherGryphon said:

ummm LG,a variety of 15 different types of beans ,making a big 6 quart pot of bean soup ,with pork neck bones and onions ,and a big hunk of crusty hot bread on the side ,and it smells soooo good

That does sound really good... I can imagine it too... My Step-grandfather was from Brazil and he used to make a smoked oxtail, bean and potato stew that was freaking amazing... I'm still trying to nail that flavor... had some yummy "almosts" but still not exactly it.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,615
    edited November 2022

LeatherGryphon said:

...but you could actually try and make a "naturally dumb" person understand if you patiently explain the situation.  At the very least they'll get so flusterpated they end up connecting you to their supervisor without running you around in circles.  You can't do that with a phone bot particularly one like Xfinity's that is programmed to prevent you from talking to a real person so you can be conned into paying more for less out of frustration.

Post edited by kyoto kid on

McGyver said:

carrie58 said:

LeatherGryphon said:

That does sound really good... I can imagine it too... My Step-grandfather was from Brazil and he used to make a smoked oxtail, bean and potato stew that was freaking amazing... I'm still trying to nail that flavor... had some yummy "almosts" but still not exactly it.

Mmmmm oxtail ,love oxtail ,make a big batch with a nice gravey ,served over rice ....... gonna have to find some oxtail ,2 puzzles though ,how do they know oxtail isn't cow tail ? and why has oxtail become so expensive?

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666

the website that hosts my online lessons is not responding.  :(

edited November 2022

carrie58 said:

Mmmmm oxtail ,love oxtail ,make a big batch with a nice gravey ,served over rice ....... gonna have to find some oxtail ,2 puzzles though ,how do they know oxtail isn't cow tail ? and why has oxtail become so expensive?

Yeah... what the hell?... At the grocery store oxtail is stupid expensive, as expensive as steak... even in the little Central and South American grocery stores it's not that much cheaper... Are cows not growing tails anymore? Are they a secret component in lithium batteries? What the foozpong?

I don't make chicken wings often, but I recently went to buy some and they were more than tenderloins... are they freakin' kidding?

That and chicken feet... chicken feet... chicken feet are more expensive than freakin drumsticks... why?... it's the part of the chicken with the most chicken poop on it.

I don't make them because I can't divest the poo from the culinary possibilities...  like I'd probably be okay if I found out they wore shoes or something, but growing up my friend's day who was Chinese, used to make an awesome dish with chicken feet... basically him and me were the only ones who would eat it, as his family refused to eat most of his more traditional dishes, especially ones made from ingredients not found in standard grocery stores.

He used to make this thick soup or stew made from dried fish that smelled to high hell, but was soooooo delicious... and this thick rice congee... one of his daughters managed to learn a few of his recipes before he passed away, but the fish and pretty much all the seafood, the fried kidneys, and snail curry... all gone.

Bummer...  and now I'm hungry.

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,445
    edited November 2022

Richard Haseltine said:

N-RArts said:

I really don't think it's meant for me to get back into working with Daz Studio.

I haven't been able to render, and Daz has been awful at loading. I think I may have figured out why. My RAM is supposed to be 16GB 

Daz can only find:

Disk Total: 681. 7GB

Disk Available: 545.0GB

Although Task Manager/Resource Monitor says that there's 12.4GB available. With 3.4GB Cached.

Which is right? How do I solve this? Any advice welcome.

Disc avaialble is the space on the HD/SSD, not memory

Oops. Thanks for pointing that out. I better have another look... Although the SSD is supposed to be 1TB :/  

Post edited by N-RArts on

McGyver said:

carrie58 said:

Yeah... what the hell?... At the grocery store oxtail is stupid expensive, as expensive as steak... even in the little Central and South American grocery stores it's not that much cheaper... Are cows not growing tails anymore? Are they a secret component in lithium batteries? What the foozpong?

I don't make chicken wings often, but I recently went to buy some and they were more than tenderloins... are they freakin' kidding?

That and chicken feet... chicken feet... chicken feet are more expensive than freakin drumsticks... why?... it's the part of the chicken with the most chicken poop on it.

I don't make them because I can't divest the poo from the culinary possibilities...  like I'd probably be okay if I found out they wore shoes or something, but growing up my friend's day who was Chinese, used to make an awesome dish with chicken feet... basically him and me were the only ones who would eat it, as his family refused to eat most of his more traditional dishes, especially ones made from ingredients not found in standard grocery stores.

He used to make this thick soup or stew made from dried fish that smelled to high hell, but was soooooo delicious... and this thick rice congee... one of his daughters managed to learn a few of his recipes before he passed away, but the fish and pretty much all the seafood, the fried kidneys, and snail curry... all gone.

Bummer...  and now I'm hungry.

hmmm tried chicken feet once , there's not enough meat on them in my opinion ,but they do help make a good base broth .........

After checking the pitiful state of my bank account and the sad state of my fridge, I've to complain about how unfair it is that I can't get filthy rich without doing any work for it... or by working for that matter. At least the stock market seems to be recovering so only 33% left for my very impressive stock portfolio to recoup this year's stock market crash, only to realize the total of 40 years of savings (thanks mom & dad) will be less than what my manager makes in a year and less than what our CEO makes in a month.

Why couldn't I've been born into wealth. I definitely deserve to get rich by virtue of just wanting to be rich. Life is so unfair!

beregar said:

After checking the pitiful state of my bank account and the sad state of my fridge, I've to complain about how unfair it is that I can't get filthy rich without doing any work for it... or by working for that matter. At least the stock market seems to be recovering so only 33% left for my very impressive stock portfolio to recoup this year's stock market crash, only to realize the total of 40 years of savings (thanks mom & dad) will be less than what my manager makes in a year and less than what our CEO makes in a month.

Why couldn't I've been born into wealth. I definitely deserve to get rich by virtue of just wanting to be rich. Life is so unfair!

You don't need to be born rich. When you become social media 'influencer', the money starts coming in faster than your kids can spend it. 

edited November 2022

beregar said:

Life isn't unfair if you are rich.

Its quite fair... awesome in fact... it's just that not everyone is rich and therefore it kinda sucks for the rest of the planet.

But one should take solace in the fact that despite everyone else having to tighten their belts, cut back and give up eating, the wealthy are having an effing blast... the CEO of that big grocery chain starting with a "K" recently boasted in a financial site interview that "A little inflation is always good for us". 
    Most of the largest corporations that have significantly raised prices are actually experiencing record profits...

I was alway under the assumption that when you claim to be not making enough money and need to charge more, your profits remain steady... not hit record highs... it's also a bad look to boast about it in financial magazines and interviews because it kinda makes your argument look like... I dunno... total steaming bs...?

They used to have a term for that, but now it's just been changed to "Business as usual"... because it's not really something you get in trouble for or even have to worry about anymore because nobody does anything about... either the people who should, or consumers in general because people have zero ability to understand the value of anything anymore... take a regular stinking tomato and put it in a fancy little blue and gold box and call it a "Limited Platinum Issue Deluxe Tomato" and you can charge anything you like for it... in fact if you play your cards right and the graphics look just right, you can stop selling regular tomatoes altogether and charge idiots even more every few months because "the economy"... "the supply chain"... "high tides in the desert"... "godzilla"... whatever you can come up with, it's not really important... it sucks for people who understand that's just a tomato in a cheap card stock box, but now all tomatoes are $15 apiece and if you complain you are malcontent and don't understand the economy, so shut up and buy the deluxe tomatoes because that how all tomatoes are now, unless you want the super deluxe tomatoes for $30 apiece which is a real bargain because a celebrity eats them and the boxes are numbered.

It's not long before you'll have to have a subscription to the supermarket to get groceries... because why not.

Complaint... I have to be on a damned boat in a half hour... it's too early for this crap.

• Well, everybody's different.  I crap first thing in the morning.indecision

Yeah... it's never too early for a good one...

I ended up getting on a later ferry and missed most of the of the fog... but fortunately everything is damp and drippy outside...

Ok... new discovery... I now know where the ship's horn is...

About six feet above where I'm standing while writing this.

Its not like my brain didn't hurt enough already... the inside of the ferry smells like diesel fumes (the petrol, not Vin... I have no idea what Vin Diesel fumes smell like) so I'm standing outside at the railing and it's cold damp and dreary as hell. 
    It's just grey to the horizon in every direction and it's taking so long to get to Connecticut and I'm not even sure if it's still there... 
    It probably is, but what if I'm in a Steven King story now and the land disappeared?

Well, if that's the case there is an annoying little dog I'm gonna eat when it comes to it.

Hmmm... I just tried to post and it didn't time out, but it didn't go through... 

I have internet connection... but it won't post.

Amazing... it didn't make six posts.

Another complaint... each the three ferries is a different configuration and I never remember to check which one I'm on... Actually it doesn't really matter because I can never remember which one has what where... 

According to the fire axe on the railing, I'm on the P.T. Barnum... as in the circus guy who said there's a sucker born ever minute... I think he said that..

Apparently he was a big deal in Bridgeport, Connecticut and they've named lots of stuff after him, like parks and ferries, or at least fire axes.

Its an entirely steel ship... what the hell good is a fire axe?.. especially outside?

Probably for pirate zombies on foggy nights.

I feel this is a problem waiting for a lunatic to discover.

What a boring trip... all grey misty salty air and zero sea monsters.

Blegh.

This discussion has been closed.