Oh, Misty, I forgot my Complaint Thread

Comments

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

Sfariah said:

Friday April 15 was my birthday.

Happy Birthday fellow Aries!

edited April 2022

I went to the NYC Auto show yesterday... 

Very "megh"... most of the new cars were boring or too expensive... there were lots of new EVs (cool)... very expensive (not so cool)...

Someone was displaying their collection of 80s - 90s custom European and Japanese (Japanese market only) cars... that was interesting because most of them were cars not imported into the US and I haven't seen them in years... cool... but it was weird because they all looked dusty... kinda had a "barn find" vibe to it.

Lots of LEDs everywhere...

They set up a huge test track inside to give rides to people who've never been in an EV... (it was all EVs)...(the vehicles for rides)...

New cars have BORING colors... there was like zero swag there... I got a hat and some stickers for my compressor tank, other than that my daughters had way more fun there than I did...

There was this...

and this...

But mostly this sums it up...

Post edited by McGyver on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

Sfariah said:

..happy belated birthday. 

Too bad Daz doesn't do like Fantasies Attic and list members' B'days for a given month at the beginning of each month. 

edited April 2022

McGyver said:

Very "megh"... most of the new cars were boring or too expensive... there were lots of new EVs (cool)... very expensive (not so cool)...

Someone was displaying their collection of 80s - 90s custom European and Japanese (Japanese market only) cars... that was interesting because most of them were cars not imported into the US and I haven't seen them in years... cool... but it was weird because they all looked dusty... kinda had a "barn find" vibe to it.

Lots of LEDs everywhere...

They set up a huge test track inside to give rides to people who've never been in an EV... (it was all EVs)...(the vehicles for rides)...

New cars have BORING colors... there was like zero swag there... I got a hat and some stickers for my compressor tank, other than that my daughters had way more fun there than I did...

There was this...

and this...

But mostly this sums it up...

...ah, Ford GTs, a classic.

Yeah most of the cars today are pretty "meh".  Difficult to tell a say, Chevy from a Toyota as they pretty much all look like the same style of SUV instead of sedans or coupes.  Cadillacs used to be sleek and classy now they're for the most part ponderous and hideous. Years ago I though the SUV thing would be just another passing fad, but it only became endemic i nteh industry.  I thought it was bad enough when "sensible" companies like Volvo and Saturn came out with one. now even Bentley and Rolls Royce make them.

That last one would make a great DocWagon™ High Threat Response Unit. (DocWagon™ is a private medical response service in the Cyber Future game I'm involved with)

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited April 2022

kyoto kid said:

McGyver said:

...ah, Ford GTs, a classic.

Yeah most of the cars today are pretty "meh".  Difficult to tell a say, Chevy from a Toyota as they pretty much all look like the same style of SUV instead of sedans or coupes.  Cadillacs used to be sleek and classy now they're for the most part ponderous and hideous. Years ago I though the SUV thing would be just another passing fad, but it only became endemic i nteh industry.  I thought it was bad enough when "sensible" companies like Volvo and Saturn came out with one. now even Bentley and Rolls Royce make them.

That last one would make a great DocWagon™ High Threat Response Unit. (DocWagon™ is a private medical response service in the Cyber Future game I'm involved with)

The last one had to have involved some hallucinogenic substances of some sort during the design phase... I genuinely had a laugh looking at it... my friend and me were trying to figure out what they were trying to accomplish there... the tracks are functional... the roof rotors are... a tad bit bizarre?  
    It's very confusing because the vehicle is sort of a nonfunctional promotional piece for an Uber-like gig-economy Ambulance company and a buzzword based "on-the-ground mobile medical service" (whatever the hell that is)... the interior of the vehicle is spartan ambulanceish setup, with a huge monitor playing a weird promo video pretending it's taking place in the future where apparently the laws of physics no longer exist and ambulances with tiny fans on the roof can fly and everyone speaks in buzzwords and is happy to need an ambulance.
    I really don't know what was going on there.

edited April 2022

...yeah, that sounds like the Shadowrun™ world setting.  

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,727

Sfariah said:

I am glad you are alive. 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

About 2 weeks ago, I ordered an extra SATA-controller as the MSI motherboard has been loosing some over the years.

Originally the delivery time was announced at 7-9 days, then it went to 1-2 days during the easter. Now they are saying the card is "In transit", delivery time "Later" laugh

edited April 2022

...at least they didn't say, "soon" 

Complaint: trying to look something up on the forums today is like dial-up in 1998... all that's missing is the AOL disk.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,112
    NylonGirl said:

Sfariah said:

I am glad you are alive. 

Yep I'm still alive! Can't use my computer as who is in control of my life doesn't trust me it seems.

McGyver said:

Complaint: trying to look something up on the forums today is like dial-up in 1998... all that's missing is the AOL disk.

..yeah same here just a few minutes ago, clicked on the saved link to the forums and got a long running swirl in the tab. Almost expected to see another bad gateway error.  That's actually happened before after just clicking the link on my Google page. 

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670

the Gallery section still seems to be fast despite it needing to load several megabytes of images.

edited April 2022

Complaint... 52 emails in three hours... despite me allowing a very, very limited number of sites to send me emails...

Most of the 52 were solicitations from fund raisers for individuals who technically, and not so technically, shouldn't really need vast sums of money to do what they are supposed to do, yet somehow there seems to be a donation war needed for their very existence... I don't care who "raised 100 million dollars"... that really shouldn't matter... who cares who has the most amount of money at their disposal. That's not how it's supposed to work.
    It's really about getting the damn job done and nothing else.

Please note:  I did not define what exactly I'm complaining about, other than the amount of emails in a short amount of time, so this is a TOS compliant complaint which could be about Sumerian Lemurs soliciting donations for an ice cream war with Madagascan Fruit Bats, for all anyone knows.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,442

Best not to get involved in batty situations.enlightened

Well, I'm kinda batty to begin with, so that's hard to avoid.

McGyver said:

Complaint... 52 emails in three hours... despite me allowing a very, very limited number of sites to send me emails...

Most of the 52 were solicitations from fund raisers for individuals who technically, and not so technically, shouldn't really need vast sums of money to do what they are supposed to do, yet somehow there seems to be a donation war needed for their very existence... I don't care who "raised 100 million dollars"... that really shouldn't matter... who cares who has the most amount of money at their disposal. That's not how it's supposed to work.
    It's really about getting the damn job done and nothing else.

Please note:  I did not define what exactly I'm complaining about, other than the amount of emails in a short amount of time, so this is a TOS compliant complaint which could be about Sumerian Lemurs soliciting donations for an ice cream war with Madagascan Fruit Bats, for all anyone knows.

...when I fired up the computer after I woke up on Wednesday morning, I had 108 emails in my inbox and more kept dropping in as I was trying to get through them..

All totalled, I received 544 emails on Wednesday, a good number asking for money.  Thursdays tend to be the worst day of the week for some reason.

Last night I was told I have nothing. I woke up pondering what it means, but now I have a headache.
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,442

That's what disposable email accounts are for.   i.e.  Tossing into a passing garbage truck and watch the carrion flies follow it down the road.enlightened

That's what disposable email accounts are for.   i.e.  Tossing into a passing garbage truck and watch the carrion flies follow it down the road.enlightened

I had a disposable email account, but I got an email saying I was under arrest. I quickly closed that account as I thought that email was a scam.
    Talking about carrion, both scammers and vultures are very smart. Too bad the scammers don't quit scamming people and get a real job using all that information they know.

Sfariah said:

Last night I was told I have nothing. I woke up pondering what it means, but now I have a headache.

You don't have "nothing".

You have friends.

I mean us... the forumites... and I suppose other people as well... and probably your goldfish too... but personally I think goldfish are opportunists who'd befriend anyone handing out peas or krill flakes.

Sorry you have a headache though.

For once I'm not responsible for someone's brain pain.

If it's any consolation, I have a headache too... but it's not from pondering, and is more from thinking a steam pipe was eight inches in back of me, not the actual three inches it really was.

At least I taught that pipe a lesson about sneaking up on my skull.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670

waiting on hold for 10 minutes to talk to a nurse.  she has a message for me.

True! I don't have "nothing" so I don't know what that person is talking about. For one thing that person isn't complaining about body odor for not having soap. Also I'm not getting cited for just wearing my birthday clothes as I have real clothes. I also have a body which is something! And I have the hair on top of my head. I think I have a love/hate relationship with my hair. Too bad I can't afford hair clippers right now so I can shave part of my hair easier.

LeatherGryphon said:

...I have a set of filters to do just that using keywords/phrases like "donate", "donation" "contribute", "contribution" "chip in" etc. but recently an increasing a number of those emails have been bypassing them.

edited April 2022

Why is "Zoom" still a feature on TVs?... That and "Stretch"?... Do people really watch TV in those settings?

I'm pretty sure that was a thing for older CRT TVs where the aspect ratio was off or something... I don't get why that's still a feature on new TVs and from cable providers... it's more annoying than anything because occasionally either my TV or my cable box decides I need a distorted image and it sets itself to stretch or zoom.

Also... Why is there no nutritional information or ingredients on instant coffee?

What are they hiding?

I smell a conspiracy afoot... probably involving monosodium glutamate and all those new quarters... I got one yesterday with a fruit bat on the back instead of an eagle... something's not right.

"E pluribus unus magnus vespertilio" indeed.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175

McGyver said:

Why is "Zoom" still a feature on TVs?... That and "Stretch"?... Do people really watch TV in those settings?

I'm pretty sure that was a thing for older CRT TVs where the aspect ratio was off or something... I don't get why that's still a feature on new TVs and from cable providers... it's more annoying than anything because occasionally either my TV or my cable box decides I need a distorted image and it sets itself to stretch or zoom.

Also... Why is there no nutritional information or ingredients on instant coffee?

What are they hiding?

I smell a conspiracy afoot... probably involving monosodium glutamate and all those new quarters... I got one yesterday with a fruit bat on the back instead of an eagle... something's not right.

"E pluribus unus magnus vespertilio" indeed.

And did you notice that the president on the front of the new quarters is facing the wrong way?  Since I was a kid, the president on the quarter was facing left.  Now he's facing right.  Is this symbolic?

Dana 

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,025
    edited April 2022

Its snowing again! - complete whiteout.. and that's in addtion to the 22cm we got earlier this week..

EDIT - and now we are under a snowfall warning - up to 15cm by late this afternoon..

Post edited by hacsart on
  • hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,025

In the UK, there's a tradition, that on the coinage the picture of the reigning monarch faces the opposite way from the previous one.. the exeption being Edward VII who said his left side was his best side..as an aside there were a few Edward VII gold sovereigns minted as proofs but then he abdicated so they never got into circulation. A couple made it into private collections and are valued at about one million pounds each..

DanaTA said:

And did you notice that the president on the front of the new quarters is facing the wrong way?  Since I was a kid, the president on the quarter was facing left.  Now he's facing right.  Is this symbolic?

Dana 

DanaTA said:

Dana 

Depends on when it was minted...

On the quarter I have he's minted upside down... 

Wait...

no...

I was looking at it upside down...

I fell out of my chair and forgot to reorient the coin.

This discussion has been closed.