Oh, Misty, I forgot my Complaint Thread

Comments

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,442

PerttiA said:

kyoto kid said:

Subtropic Pixel said:

kyoto kid said:

...received an email this morning that OpenSea took the image down from their site and is forwarding the request to the seller.  If that doesn't work I will contact the seller myself. 

Demand a million dollars.  Or two!  Better yet, have your attorney do it on his letterhead.

...I'd have to go for that much just to afford an attorney given my current income.

Make your own letterheads and make your 'organisation' look big and powerfull wink

All the best villains do. frown

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited May 2022

...that is known as misrepresentation.. My having no business licence (because I cannot afford one) would be noticed real quick once the "organisation" was Googled.

I can say no more as that would risk treading across a certian TOS line.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

Four years ago, I wrote a bunch of reviews for Gamecube games on Vimm's Lair. Maybe a year or so ago, a couple of them got approved and were posted to the site (one of which I accidentally reviewed the wrong game, and saw no way to change). Another one was approved today. I have no idea what's going on with that site.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

kyoto kid said:

...that is known as misrepresentation.. My having no business licence (because I cannot afford one) would be noticed real quick once the "organisation" was Googled.

I can say no more as that would risk treading across a certian TOS line.

If the logo of the organisation had a severed equine head in it, one would not expect it be found by Google cheeky

...I can actually create rather convincing professional letterheads and logos, just that there is nothing backing them up.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,112
    I am going to pretend football is a real sport?
  • N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,457
    edited May 2022

McGyver said:

N-RArts said:

I've just bought an Air Fryer out of spite... I regret nothing... 

Fried air is terrible for your lungs... they'll get really fat and full of blobs of cholesterol and you'll be coughing up blobs of crusty chunky air. 
    Once you get fat lungs it's really hard to get them back in shape... you can do exercises and lift weights with them, but it takes four times longer to lose lung fat than say butt fat... What you really want is an Air Baker... Baked air is much better for you than fried... also it appears that inhaling baked air makes you mellow too... a guy I worked with was always "baked" and you could set him on fire and he'd just grin and be like "Groovy man!"...

Just fry your air in moderation and you'll probably be just fine.

Meh... There's worse in my lungs, due to suffering from Asthma.

Plus, you have to par-boil your air before you can fry it. In fact, you have to pre-cook everything that you want fry in it. Hopefully the shop will exhange it for something more useful.

(Thank you for the reply XD ^^)

I may have bought it out of spite, but karma's bit me on the bum because of it.

Sfariah said:

Are we talking football as in soccer, or football as in American Football? Because, as far as I'm aware, the latter is Rugby - Except the players of the American version wear padding. ^^

...I love soccer... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I need more expressions for G8.1F.

I think that new game is going to have to wait. I've got real-life, "adult stuff" to do. Better clear out my cart, too.  

Oh.. That stomach pain is back... crying

Post edited by N-RArts on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,316

N-RArts said:

McGyver said:

N-RArts said:

I've just bought an Air Fryer out of spite... I regret nothing... 

Fried air is terrible for your lungs... they'll get really fat and full of blobs of cholesterol and you'll be coughing up blobs of crusty chunky air. 
    Once you get fat lungs it's really hard to get them back in shape... you can do exercises and lift weights with them, but it takes four times longer to lose lung fat than say butt fat... What you really want is an Air Baker... Baked air is much better for you than fried... also it appears that inhaling baked air makes you mellow too... a guy I worked with was always "baked" and you could set him on fire and he'd just grin and be like "Groovy man!"...

Just fry your air in moderation and you'll probably be just fine.

Meh... There's worse in my lungs, due to suffering from Asthma.

Plus, you have to par-boil your air before you can fry it. In fact, you have to pre-cook everything that you want fry in it. Hopefully the shop will exhange it for something more useful.

(Thank you for the reply XD ^^)

I may have bought it out of spite, but karma's bit me on the bum because of it.

Sfariah said:

Are we talking football as in soccer, or football as in American Football? Because, as far as I'm aware, the latter is Rugby - Except the players of the American version wear padding. ^^

League or Union?

...I love soccer... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I need more expressions for G8.1F.

I think that new game is going to have to wait. I've got real-life, "adult stuff" to do. Better clear out my cart, too.  

Oh.. That stomach pain is back... crying

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175

May the 4th be with you!   wink

Dana

edited May 2022

On the subject of sports...   A friend of mine today was trying to compute how much more expensive a particular product is today than in the late 1960s.  We had been celebrating something and were a little bit high.  After some fumbling and frustration she finally said "Mathematics is not a stoned sport."surprise  But between the two of us discussing the differences in packaging and bulk vs retail purchases, we finally came to a reasonable number of 13 times the price of a similarly packaged similar product in the '60s.  Which is about on par with automobile prices.  In 1965 my parents bought a new "Buick Sportwagon" (i.e. station wagon) for $3,500 but a higher class General Motors vehicle like a Cadillac was $5,000 back then.  Now days a new Buick could set you back $35,000 and a Cadillac $50,000  Yep, ten times more.  I blame it on the inflation of the Universe.indecision...  Yeah, that's the ticket!

On the photo below, notice the outside mirror is kinda wonky.  But perfectly oriented if the driver wants to pick lettuce out of his teeth.indecision  Unfortunately things like that yank my strings and I tend to turn a little bit "Monk" and compulsively want to reach out and set it right.frown

1965-buick-sport-wagon.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 368K
    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    edited May 2022

At the moment a lot of price increases are coming because a lot of folks get dollar signs in their eyes in a crisis... and "it a supply chain issue" kinda wears thin when you see items composed of exactly the same materials, manufactured using similar processes and made in the same regions that haven't gone up in price... plus despite the average inflation percentage, it always seems much higher.

Some may have genuine supply issues and cost increases, but too many companies are charging what they are because they can.

Cumulatively everyone gets screwed.

Watch at the end of each quarter and you'll notice big companies are doing better than last year.

Just like when the housing bubble broke and everyone was crying "it's the economy".

Post edited by McGyver on
    edited May 2022

Richard Haseltine said:

League or Union?

I'd say Union.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why doesn't Blender show errors in a mesh? Why do I have to load it into Daz Studio before I can see them.

I think I need another to-do list. 

Using dForce, Daz not responding... 

*sarcasm* Yay! Another horror film with over-s*xed teens... How original... :/

Post edited by N-RArts on

N-RArts said:

Richard Haseltine said:

League or Union?

I'd say Union.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why doesn't Blender show errors in a mesh? Why do I have to load it into Daz Studio before I can see them.

What errors? It has some selection options that may help with certain issues, though not as many (at first glance) as modo.

I think I need another to-do list. 

Using dForce, Daz not responding... 

*sarcasm* Yay! Another horror film with over-s*xed teens... How original... :/

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,112
    DanaTA said:

Dana

May the 4th be with you too.
  • KCMustangKCMustang Posts: 113

Richard Haseltine said:

League or Union?

I'm from New Zealand and Union is our national sport, but I prefer League.... shhhh.

DanaTA said:

Dana

edited May 2022

Hmmm... Five mayos.   Cleveryes, but how about the same label on a slightly smaller than quart sized liquor bottle.  "A fifth of Mayo"enlightened

Or a kitchen sink full of mayo jars.  "El sinko de Mayo"devil

Or a Mayo jar shaped like a boat, being torpedoed by a submarine.  "El sinking de Mayo.".indecision

Or an animated GIF depicting a stage of dancing Mayo jars dancing in sync like the Rockettes or CanCan dancers.  "El sync-ed Mayo"blush

Or a long opened jar of Mayo with green algae and putrid liquid on top.  "El stinko Mayo".surprise

edited May 2022

Complaint:  Oof, multiple-display woes.frown  Still desperate to find some way to extend my system without getting into another cycle of 'puter building, I realized that I had never resolved my multiple monitor situation on PoppaBear.  Poppa is my DAZing machine because he has my best graphics card (12GB Asus Tuf-Gaming RTX-3060 OC) but he is also my modern gaming machine.  Although I admit that the only games I play are Myst series type "Adventure" games like Myst, Riven, Uru, and Obduction.  Obduction in particular needs a decent graphics card and fast computer if you don't want to fall asleep while it loads the next world.  No, I don't need super frame rates or 4K, but my primary monitor is a 27 inch 2K (i.e. 2560x1440p) display and the other two attached monitors are a 24"monitor and my 42" TV, both at only 1080p.  All the monitors are connected via the 3060 card, two by DPort and one by HDMI.  I like to run with all displays attached to a computer showing the same image, but depending on which of my four computers are active, I can use KVM switches to select which computers use which montor(s).cool  The 2K monitor and one of the smaller ones face me in my captain's chair in my lab area, but the third monitor is my 42" TV facing my reclining chair in the other half of the room where I veg out in comfort and get lost in the worlds of Obduction.  Or at least that's how I'd planned it to be.frown

Unfortunately ever since I built that computer and acquired all the cables & KVM switches I'd never been able to get all three monitors attached to Poppa configured the way I wanted to use them.  Too many options for configuration and I'd either end up with a blank screen on one or more monitors despite being supposedly active, or I'd have periodic self-resetting of one or more displays, frequently enough that it was infuriating.angry  No matter what I tried, I'd be playing Whack-A-Mole with the settings and observed reactions, until I gave up and just went back to two monitors and forget the TV.  No vegetative gaming for me.sad

Non-complaint: HOWEVER, today I persisted.  And by judicious selection of my "Primary" display and the order in which the sharing source was assigned, I was able to finally get everything to work with the 2K 1440p display working in 2K, and the two 1080p displays also displaying the image in a slightly degraded 1440p (i.e. with small bloops or artifacts here and there) Wheee...  It's ALIVE, IT'S ALIVE  Mwaa-Ha-Ha.smiley  

Now I need to go out and buy a big bag of potato chips, pour a snifter of apricot brandy, sit back in my reclining chair and veg out again in the worlds of Obduction.  Wheee...yes

Richard Haseltine said:

N-RArts said:

What errors? It has some selection options that may help with certain issues, though not as many (at first glance) as modo.

I've added a picture. It's the black bits. I used the cloth simulator in Blender. After Importing it into Daz (and saw the black bits), I used the Smoothing brush in Blender. It got rid of of some of the black bits, but I couldn't get rid of the rest (or I ended up creating more of them - Especially on the straps).

KCMustang said:

Richard Haseltine said:

League or Union?

I'm from New Zealand and Union is our national sport, but I prefer League.... shhhh.

I live in a place where Rugby Union is huge. You're more than likely to be a Rugby fan, than a soccer/football fan here. We've only just set up our first Rugby League squad - But they still need quite a bit of practice wink.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Squeee! I've just found the cutest Tabby kitten. £100. Damn... 

I've just been looking at my gallery on DA. Seeing all the stuff I had done before I lost everything, is killing me, and any creativity that I'm fighting to build.

*Sigh* I don't even have the instructions on how to install the Reality Plugin anymore.

top.png
    425 x 588 - 156K
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175

N-RArts said:

Richard Haseltine said:

N-RArts said:

I've added a picture. It's the black bits. I used the cloth simulator in Blender. After Importing it into Daz (and saw the black bits), I used the Smoothing brush in Blender. It got rid of of some of the black bits, but I couldn't get rid of the rest (or I ended up creating more of them - Especially on the straps).

KCMustang said:

Richard Haseltine said:

League or Union?

I live in a place where Rugby Union is huge. You're more than likely to be a Rugby fan, than a soccer/football fan here. We've only just set up our first Rugby League squad - But they still need quite a bit of practice wink.

I've just been looking at my gallery on DA. Seeing all the stuff I had done before I lost everything, is killing me, and any creativity that I'm fighting to build.

*Sigh* I don't even have the instructions on how to install the Reality Plugin anymore.

Black mold?  You may need to bleach it!   laugh

Dana 

N-RArts said:

Richard Haseltine said:

N-RArts said:

Are they quads wheer one of the vertices is more-or-less on one side of a triangle, or even slightly indented? Neither Iray nor 3Delight like those, though they don't cause an issue in all other applications.

It looks as if there are some useful commands in Blender if you are in the Modeling room and click the Mesh menu/button in the group at top-left - under Clean Up it has options to split Concave and Non-Planar polygons, and to Delete Loose which may handle another common issue. You may of course already be using those

KCMustang said:

Richard Haseltine said:

League or Union?

edited May 2022

LeatherGryphon said:

Hmmm... Five mayos.   Cleveryes, but how about the same label on a slightly smaller than quart sized liquor bottle.  "A fifth of Mayo"enlightened

Or a kitchen sink full of mayo jars.  "El sinko de Mayo"devil

Or a Mayo jar shaped like a boat, being torpedoed by a submarine.  "El sinking de Mayo.".indecision

Or an animated GIF depicting a stage of dancing Mayo jars dancing in sync like the Rockettes or CanCan dancers.  "El sync-ed Mayo"blush

Or a long opened jar of Mayo with green algae and putrid liquid on top.  "El stinko Mayo".surprise

...did one sort of like suggestion #3, but for the Cinco De Limo thread.titled Sink o' de Limeo.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited May 2022

Complaint # 1... Most annoying part description ever..."The manufacturer no longer makes this part, and there's no substitute part"... 

Once again I have to covert other parts to make the parts I need... Bah.

Complaint # 2... Google is getting dumber and I suspect it's because people are getting dumber... if you search for something by the correct term like "Sector Gear", "Return Spring" or "Bowl Float" you are less likely to find the thing you are looking for than by using some absolutely stupid abomination of the term.

Complaint # 3... Amazon.   Almost that by itself, but at the moment, more specifically... Stop putting "Sponsored" ads in amongst my search results... I'm looking for a throttle control cable and first of all, none of them are the one I specifically asked for... well, actually when I'm searching from my account using their Crap-App... (or is it just a "Crapp"?)... if I find it from Google as an Amazon item it's right there, but go back to the app and the specific thing is five pages in... Then I have wade through Sponsored Ads for bike shorts, melon ballers, power washers and knock off Crocs... Da' Eff is dat? and mixed in to make it more annoying.

Post edited by McGyver on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975

McGyver said:

Complaint # 1... Most annoying part description ever..."The manufacturer no longer makes this part, and there's no substitute part"... 

Once again I have to covert other parts to make the parts I need... Bah.

Complaint # 2... Google is getting dumber and I suspect it's because people are getting dumber... if you search for something by the correct term like "Sector Gear", "Return Spring" or "Bowl Float" you are less likely to find the thing you are looking for than by using some absolutely stupid abomination of the term.

Complaint # 3... Amazon.   Almost that by itself, but at the moment, more specifically... Stop putting "Sponsored" ads in amongst my search results... I'm looking for a throttle control cable and first of all, none of them are the one I specifically asked for... well, actually when I'm searching from my account using their Crap-App... (or is it just a "Crapp"?)... if I find it from Google as an Amazon item it's right there, but go back to the app and the specific thing is five pages in... Then I have wade through Sponsored Ads for bike shorts, melon ballers, power washers and knock off Crocs... Da' Eff is dat? and mixed in to make it more annoying.

Hope I don't jinx myself but I've been using an AD blocker for years and don't have a AD issue ....

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,025

McGyver - Sounds like a motorcycle restoration.. What bike are you working on?  Amazon is not always a great place for bike parts..

hacsart said:

McGyver - Sounds like a motorcycle restoration.. What bike are you working on?  Amazon is not always a great place for bike parts..

A Craftsman EZ Mulch... wait... that's not a bike!... 

Actually it's an old Lawnmower and an old Club Cadet Ride-on Mower/Tractor from the 70s... the lawnmower is only 16 years old, but most of the parts are hard to find now.

I'd never juryrig parts on a motorcycle... okay... not anymore... one of my friends is a well know restorer/collector of BMW bikes and I'd never live down the kind of stuff I used to pull off.

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378

McGyver said:

At the moment a lot of price increases are coming because a lot of folks get dollar signs in their eyes in a crisis... and "it a supply chain issue" kinda wears thin when you see items composed of exactly the same materials, manufactured using similar processes and made in the same regions that haven't gone up in price... plus despite the average inflation percentage, it always seems much higher.

Some may have genuine supply issues and cost increases, but too many companies are charging what they are because they can.

Cumulatively everyone gets screwed.

Watch at the end of each quarter and you'll notice big companies are doing better than last year.

Just like when the housing bubble broke and everyone was crying "it's the economy".

I can't respond to "supply chain" posts without being slapped down hard by moderators for bringing politics into the discussion.

But I will say this.  Just yesterday, a contractor with whom I'm about to start a big project around my house said he can get the perfect-matching materials in the quantity I need if I buy TODAY.  Tomorrow somebody else could buy it.

He's not wrong, the fit, finish, and color is perfect for my house and my project.  Cost wise, it comes to a few hundred $ more than another choice might be; or about 2% of the cost of the project.

So should I whine about being forced into an immediate decision and an immediate start to a $14,000 project that I wasn't planning to begin until June/July?  Or should I count my fortunes that lightning has struck in a good way and that I'll have the project complete before the Independence Day holiday?

Yes, I have the money, so I guess maybe that's a consideration.  How did I manage that?  I think it's because I strategically avoided funding college and retirement accounts, buying sports cars, building fancy houses to hurricane code, or paying for streaming services for mice named "Corky".  What do you think?  cheeky

Whatevs.  I'm not one prone to whining, so I guess you can put me down for "That color is Amazing; let's go for it and if there's any extra, maybe I'll build a fort with it!"  Now if I can only get those HOA people to approve the project, we'll be chugging forward!  wink

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,025
    edited May 2022

way back in the 60's was into bikes.. used Brit iron was cheap as chips.. My mate George, his dad had the local gas station/tore shop/repair shop, so we had a palce to work and juts about every tool we could need..(and welders, dril! press, band saws, lathe).. so yeah, I know about the occasional bit of juryrigging..

McGyver said:

hacsart said:

A Craftsman EZ Mulch... wait... that's not a bike!... 

Actually it's an old Lawnmower and an old Club Cadet Ride-on Mower/Tractor from the 70s... the lawnmower is only 16 years old, but most of the parts are hard to find now.

I'd never juryrig parts on a motorcycle... okay... not anymore... one of my friends is a well know restorer/collector of BMW bikes and I'd never live down the kind of stuff I used to pull off.

Post edited by hacsart on
  • Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378

So the big workstation is not running well.  I suspect a mismatch or incompatibility between my current motherboard BIOS and the most recently installed SSD firmware.

It's definitely not due to an SSD failing for write endurance.  But I'm planning to simplify that system's layout by installing a brand new 4TB SSD stick to the PCIe connector on the motherboard, and a new 8TB SSD to a SATA connection.  Once all the clutter, cruft, and data have been moved to the new drives, ALL OTHER DRIVES can be removed, except of course for the drive in use as the backup repository.  I think that will let me lose one net SSD device AND one net HDD device.  Parts have arrived, so I'll start on that li'l project either tonight or Saturday morning.

Oh, and I also ordered a brand-new 32" gaming monitor, which should arrive today sometime.  Yes, I'm a glutton.  I hope the laptops like it!

edited May 2022

Non-complaint:  Ooh, ooh, motorcycles.  Yeah, BMW motorcycleyesheart  I've bought four motorcycles in my life.  In order below, over a period of 30 years.

1) A used 1972 Honda 350.  Had it for 5 years, put 50,000 miles on it.  Rode that little bike back & forth 40 miles to the Kennedy Space Center frequently for many years.  Rain or shine.indecision  It was even simple enough that I even learned how to tear the motor apart enough to replace rings & cam chains.  And that's my total experience poking around inside internal combustion engines.blush  But by time I could afford a BMW I earned enough to let the BMW shop do the work properly.yes

2) A "chopped" 1952 Harley Davidson "K model" (ancestor of the "Sportster") with long chromed front forks.  High handlebars, hardtail, Maltese Cross mirror, blinding chrome everywhere, had it for two years.  Bad investment.   Absolutely sucked as a vehicle.frown Hard to start.  Hard to keep running sitting still, and couldn't ride it on wet streets, the water spray from the extended front wheel flew directly into the carburator. angry  Unbelievabely uncomfortable.  Glad to be rid of it, but it LOOKED cool as hell!smiley

3) A 5 year old 1974 BMW R 90/6 (bought it with 50,000 miles on it and put another 50,000 miles on it in 5 years).yes 

4) And in 1995 I bought a new 1995 BMW R 1100 GS (mother of all dirt bikes).surpriseheart  That was my true love.  Had it for 7 years.  I put 50,000 miles on it too before I sold it in 2002.  I took that bike completely around the US, from Washington DC to Toronto, Windsor/Detroit, Chicago, Omaha, Denver, Yellowstone Park, Portland, Vancouver, and northern British Columbia Canada up to the beginning of the Alaska Highway.  Then down the California coast road to San Francisco, then down the middle of California to Barstow and across the Mojave Desert to Phoenix, El Paso, then Houston, New Orleans, Pensacola, Atlanta, & back to DC.yes  I was on that trip for 6 months.  Many, many stories.smiley

This discussion has been closed.