Oh, Misty, I forgot my Complaint Thread

Comments

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,442
    edited May 2022

kyoto kid said:

LeatherGryphon said:

kyoto kid said:

@ LeatherGryphon  ...I remember that show..

Um, OK?  Uh, which show?indecision  I don't remember mentioning a show.   Although my brain is beginning to rot, and remembering isn't what I remember it to be.sad

...the showI referre to is called Monk, about a detective who had an obsessive mind for details as well as a number of compulsive habits.  It aired from 2002 to 2009. (only saw the first season or two before my television died). The show was later adapted into a series of novels by a writer for the series.

Yeah, that's who I was refering to, but he's almost real to me.  My hero.  My old hero used to be pre-ghost Scrooge  (not McDuck), but I got tired of trying to be mean.  Now I'm just almost-amusing.frown 

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670

forums are slow today.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

zombietaggerung said:

Not exactly a complaint, but something I just discovered. Here I was going along thinking that phones and tablets handled application updates the same way computers do. Either overwriting the old data with new or uninstalling the old and installing the new, thus maintaining the size of the application or program. But no. Apparently phones and tablets just install the new data alongside the old thus bloating the size of the app to a ridiculous degree. I couldn't understand why Instagram and FB Messenger were about 4gb each, when my sister, who recently bought a new phone said her Instagram app was only 700mb. So I uninstalled both of them and then reinstalled them from the app store and lo and behold Instagram and FB Messenger are now both under 200mb. I don't know if it works the same on iOS, but I would bet it does. Planned obsolescence is annoying AF.

Yup, it's the same on iOS... I found that out years ago by accident... I had an iPhone with smaller storage capacity and even though I practically never used FartBook, it kept growing in size... so I deleted it and a few months later reinstalled it for one use and the same thing kept happening... so I deleted it again... this time permanently, along with Twit... Now I keep an eye on apps that seem to grow unnecessarily, but that observation prompted me to look it up and I realized most of the apps that we are hounded into installing aren't even necessary to use a website or social media platform.

The problem with that though is that many sites hobble you to some degree if you aren't using their nosey useless app.

It seems to me it's less of a device related issue and more of an issue related to particular apps... probably something lazy or nefarious behind it, but I'm not sure... but I definitely agree Planned Obsolescence sucks... And one step closer to hell is Enforced Obsolescence, which is even more annoying.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,112
    I got cookies and a soda with funds I wanted to use at dollar tree tomorrow. Oops!
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

...real cookies are far better and tastier than the ones Net sites require you to agree to accepting. 

LeatherGryphon said:

kyoto kid said:

[...]

Yeah, that's who I was refering to, but he's almost real to me.  My hero.  My old hero used to be pre-ghost Scrooge  (not McDuck), but I got tired of trying to be mean.  Now I'm just almost-amusing.frown 

...yeah, I used to be something of a curmudgeon (Andy Rooney used to be one of my heroes) but I've mellowed out in the last couple years.  I find humour and being amusing to be much more preferable as well.

I want either Summers or Loki or maybe the two I call the snails to bring me my binder from my room to the dinningroom.   I ear it would be easier to go into my room and get it for myself.  Those two fish and the two snails will refuse to leave the aquarium as if their lives depend on them staying in the water.

How did it get so dark in here which makes it difficult to type up my story?  Is it because it is getting dark outside?

Sfariah said:

I got cookies and a soda with funds I wanted to use at dollar tree tomorrow. Oops!

Its more like "Dollar Twenty Five Tree" now.

...price gouging.

edited May 2022

A Ponderable:  If one were to insert an "h" into the word "gouging" (pr: gow-geeng), to make a new word "goughing".  How would you pronounce it?indecision

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

McGyver said:

Sfariah said:

Its more like "Dollar Twenty Five Tree" now.

LOL So true! 

kyoto kid said:

...price gouging.

Technically it was... originally the company was committed to the dollar price line because it was doing fine due to increased sales during the pandemic, but "activist investors" forced a change to a dollar twenty five, which was well above the average price increase at the time (around 7%).

Since that change, a different bunch of activist investors have been pressuring the company to start adding $1.50 items and ultimately $3 and $5 items will be added to most stores.

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,025

Either Throckmorton Wobbler, or Luxury Yacht

LeatherGryphon said:

A Ponderable:  If one were to insert an "h" into the word "gouging" (pr: gow-geeng), to make a new word "goughing".  How would you pronounce it?indecision

hacsart said:

Either Throckmorton Wobbler, or Luxury Yacht

LeatherGryphon said:

Only if you have an 8 inch long polystyrene nose. 

My roommate is busy talking on the phone in our room while I am trying to watch something on youtube.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072

LeatherGryphon said:

Replace the first "g" with a "c". Then I believe you may find your answer.

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378

Gordig said:

Back when 3090s were insanely expensive...

Yeah, they're really a fabulous bargain right now!

(that was sarcasm)

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

Subtropic Pixel said:

Gordig said:

Back when 3090s were insanely expensive...

Yeah, they're really a fabulous bargain right now!

(that was sarcasm)

They're near MSRP these days (at least in the US), which makes them pretty reasonably priced for what they are.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975

I need some prayers for my oldest daughter, I just found out  she is in the hospital ,with multipule stab wounds ,she is stablized at the moment .She has been going through a messy seperation/divorce ,and it was her husband that attacked her .......at the moment he is in jail .......I want to kill him .

edited May 2022

TJohn said:

LeatherGryphon said:

...was just about to say something  similar to this. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,316

TJohn said:

LeatherGryphon said:

What if you use an r instead of a c?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,316

carrie58 said:

I need some prayers for my oldest daughter, I just found out  she is in the hospital ,with multipule stab wounds ,she is stablized at the moment .She has been going through a messy seperation/divorce ,and it was her husband that attacked her .......at the moment he is in jail .......I want to kill him .

I'm very sorry to hear that, I hope she makes a full recovery.

carrie58 said:

...oh geez.  {{{{{hugz}}}}}.  Hoping for the best and she fully recovers. 

kyoto kid said:

carrie58 said:

Thanks for the hugz I need it ,I'm suppose to be a forgiving Christian ,but right now I have no forgivness in my heart , .......

Richard Haseltine said:

carrie58 said:

I'm very sorry to hear that, I hope she makes a full recovery.

Thank you Richard ........me too ,they have 4 kids ages 11-9-5-3 ...... they are with their paternal grandfather right now .....

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636

carrie58 said:

{{{Hugs}}} I'm sorry this happened to her. All my wishes for a speedy recovery. 

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378

carrie58 said:

kyoto kid said:

carrie58 said:

Thanks for the hugz I need it ,I'm suppose to be a forgiving Christian ,but right now I have no forgivness in my heart , .......

You are not required to have forgiveness in your heart.  At this point, that's God's realm. 

We here on Earth must do all we can to keep each other safe, and to that end, I hope that he is removed from society for a very very VERY long time; and I don't rightly care how at this point.  I hope you live in a place where punishment is not a slap on the wrist, $50 in his pocket, and a cab ride to wherever he wants to go.

Subtropic Pixel said:

carrie58 said:

kyoto kid said:

carrie58 said:

You are not required to have forgiveness in your heart.  At this point, that's God's realm. 

We here on Earth must do all we can to keep each other safe, and to that end, I hope that he is removed from society for a very very VERY long time; and I don't rightly care how at this point.  I hope you live in a place where punishment is not a slap on the wrist, $50 in his pocket, and a cab ride to wherever he wants to go.

They live in Florida sooo he just might get out quick she has an "injuction" against him which is what they are now calling a restraining order ,and he has been violating it repeatedly she'd call the cops they did nothing but tell her it's a matter for family court ,she contacted the states attorny about it and they said it wasn't that big a deal she was over reacting.........soooo I'm not real confident right now .

Charlie Judge said:

carrie58 said:

{{{Hugs}}} I'm sorry this happened to her. All my wishes for a speedy recovery. 

Thank you

This discussion has been closed.