Oh, Misty, I forgot my Complaint Thread

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

...some good news. I just received information form Uber that they blocked any future payments from my old card and refunded the charges. Just verified it on my account statement as well. The new card should be arrive within the next day or so.. 

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175

carrie58 said:

I need some prayers for my oldest daughter, I just found out  she is in the hospital ,with multipule stab wounds ,she is stablized at the moment .She has been going through a messy seperation/divorce ,and it was her husband that attacked her .......at the moment he is in jail .......I want to kill him .

Oh, how horirble!  I hope they keep him locked up!

Dana 

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

carrie58 said:

I need some prayers for my oldest daughter, I just found out  she is in the hospital ,with multipule stab wounds ,she is stablized at the moment .She has been going through a messy seperation/divorce ,and it was her husband that attacked her .......at the moment he is in jail .......I want to kill him .

That really sucks and I'm really sorry to hear this... I wish her a speedy and complete recovery... I hope that lowlife who attacked her rots in hell.

Be well Carrie... your daughter and your grandchildren too.

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378

carrie58 said:

Subtropic Pixel said:

carrie58 said:

kyoto kid said:

carrie58 said:

...oh geez.  {{{{{hugz}}}}}.  Hoping for the best and she fully recovers. 

Thanks for the hugz I need it ,I'm suppose to be a forgiving Christian ,but right now I have no forgivness in my heart , .......

You are not required to have forgiveness in your heart.  At this point, that's God's realm. 

We here on Earth must do all we can to keep each other safe, and to that end, I hope that he is removed from society for a very very VERY long time; and I don't rightly care how at this point.  I hope you live in a place where punishment is not a slap on the wrist, $50 in his pocket, and a cab ride to wherever he wants to go.

They live in Florida sooo he just might get out quick she has an "injuction" against him which is what they are now calling a restraining order ,and he has been violating it repeatedly she'd call the cops they did nothing but tell her it's a matter for family court ,she contacted the states attorny about it and they said it wasn't that big a deal she was over reacting.........soooo I'm not real confident right now .

We have some weak judges in parts of Florida.  But not everywhere in the state.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636

Look, Look; the moon has turned red.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975

McGyver said:

carrie58 said:

That really sucks and I'm really sorry to hear this... I wish her a speedy and complete recovery... I hope that lowlife who attacked her rots in hell.

Be well Carrie... your daughter and your grandchildren too.

Thank you so much I still know so little but on the plus side I know he is in jail .

Subtropic Pixel said:

carrie58 said:

Subtropic Pixel said:

carrie58 said:

kyoto kid said:

carrie58 said:

...oh geez.  {{{{{hugz}}}}}.  Hoping for the best and she fully recovers. 

Thanks for the hugz I need it ,I'm suppose to be a forgiving Christian ,but right now I have no forgivness in my heart , .......

You are not required to have forgiveness in your heart.  At this point, that's God's realm. 

We here on Earth must do all we can to keep each other safe, and to that end, I hope that he is removed from society for a very very VERY long time; and I don't rightly care how at this point.  I hope you live in a place where punishment is not a slap on the wrist, $50 in his pocket, and a cab ride to wherever he wants to go.

They live in Florida sooo he just might get out quick she has an "injuction" against him which is what they are now calling a restraining order ,and he has been violating it repeatedly she'd call the cops they did nothing but tell her it's a matter for family court ,she contacted the states attorny about it and they said it wasn't that big a deal she was over reacting.........soooo I'm not real confident right now .

We have some weak judges in parts of Florida.  But not everywhere in the state.

I lived most of my life in Florida ,moved to North Carolina to find peace  , still going to go back for her  to see if I can help right now my oldest grand son is there with her .... hopefully I'll know more tomorrow , .....

Charlie Judge said:

...cloudy here. 

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

Charlie Judge said:

It's funny because my wife and I recently finished watching a show (Cracow Monsters) in which the plot largely revolved around a blood moon.

kyoto kid said:

Charlie Judge said:

...cloudy here. 

Here, too!

Dana 

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,727

I think it is always cloudy around here, when there is something to see in the sky. If the wheel in the sky is still turning, I won't know.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

DanaTA said:

kyoto kid said:

Charlie Judge said:

...cloudy here. 

Here, too!

Dana 

The sun has been up for over three and a half hours already, so no moon of any color here.

...hmm a message from "tomorrow" [cue theramin music].

DanaTA said:

kyoto kid said:

Charlie Judge said:

...cloudy here. 

Here, too!

Dana 

...watched the Griffith Observatory live feed, still impressive in full screen mode. 

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,442
    edited May 2022

I knew it was happening last night.  So, I did go out around the time it was at peak, and found the area around where the moon was, but it was behind the new leaves on the trees and just a bright spot in the clouds anyway.frown  But no worries, I have seen the phenomenon many times in much better viewing situations.  So, I wasn't upset.  That's just normality for this area. 

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

That's no moon it's a space station!...

No wait... it's the moon... actually... it's the sun...

I got confused... I forgot it's morning...

I was wondering why the moon was on fire... 

Which would be terrible because all that melted cheese would start dripping everywhere.

Mmmmmm... melted moon cheese... 

edited May 2022

carrie58 said:

I lived most of my life in Florida ,moved to North Carolina to find peace  , still going to go back for her  to see if I can help right now my oldest grand son is there with her .... hopefully I'll know more tomorrow , .....

Please keep us informed as to her condition and stay strong.

Post edited by McGyver on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013
    edited May 2022

Starting to develop my own conspiracy theory, the signs have been there for quite sometime, but is there such a thing as chemical lobotomy and have they been feeding the kids such a substance at school since the 90's...

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,112

I might have some good news!  I might be moving out of living in a group home and into a semi-independent housing.  And it includes WiFi!

McGyver said:

carrie58 said:

She was in surgery for almost 5 hours ,they repaired a nick in her heart a slice in her stomach and arms and mutiple stab wounds, but the heart and stomach were the only organs injured ,the doctor is optimistic about her recovery as long as she doesn't get an infection ,this morning they took her off the sedative and are going to remove the ventilator either today or tomorrow ,I'm going to drive down and stay with her once she is out of the hospital .....

Sfariah said:

I might have some good news!  I might be moving out of living in a group home and into a semi-independent housing.  And it includes WiFi!

Good news!  I hope it doesn't change.

Dana 

carrie58 said:

McGyver said:

carrie58 said:

She was in surgery for almost 5 hours ,they repaired a nick in her heart a slice in her stomach and arms and mutiple stab wounds, but the heart and stomach were the only organs injured ,the doctor is optimistic about her recovery as long as she doesn't get an infection ,this morning they took her off the sedative and are going to remove the ventilator either today or tomorrow ,I'm going to drive down and stay with her once she is out of the hospital .....

I hope all goes well.  Good journey, safe journey!

Dana 

edited May 2022

carrie58 said:

Damn... a nick in the heart and a slice in the stomach... that shows real malice... I hope they put this guy away for a long, long time.

Once again, I hope she recovers quickly and is back to normal without any complications.

I don't know if the storms traveling up the coast are going to be affecting your area (they appear to go down as far Charlotte, NC at the moment, but nonetheless, drive safely if you start out today.

Be well and best wishes.

EDIT- Oops, I just noticed you are not going there until she gets out of the hospital, I misread that into you going there today or tomorrow.

But either way, have a safe trip and stay strong.

McGyver said:

carrie58 said:

...indeed. 

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670

I'm waiting for the MRI billing/financial department to return my call.  I was on hold for 10 minutes before being directed to their answering machine.

Sfariah said:

..excellent. those group homes sound almost like prisons from what you have mentioned. 

Make sure to get your computer back from the current place.

edited May 2022

PerttiA said:

Starting to develop my own conspiracy theory, the signs have been there for quite sometime, but is there such a thing as chemical lobotomy and have they been feeding the kids such a substance at school since the 90's...

I think you are mistaking general stupidity for something nefarious.

Actually I don't think people are really that much stupider than they were in the past... it's just in the past, you'd talk to someone and they'd say stupid or nutsy stuff and you'd be like "oh... I see.." and you'd kind of ignore it or leave it at that... maybe you’d make a mental note to remind yourself they might not be that sane.

But after a while you'd forget or they'd say something more innocuous, kind of balancing their image in your mind and then usually someone else would appear slightly more nutty so you'd have trouble keeping track... but it was mostly that there'd be gaps between the nutttitude... and also people used to tend to keep their insanity to themselves... if they thought the Pope was really a Bigfoot with a funny hat, they might be reluctant to bring that up in a conversation.

Most people had filters... and internal dialogue.

Private thoughts.

But then social media came around and people got used to being asshats 24/7... their personal filters atrophied and their internal thoughts, no matter how stupid and ridiculous became the default external soliloquy...

We see this now because of social media and the internet, and we are exposed to their nuttiness constantly.

I mean right now you are absorbing some pretty industrial level crazy just reading anything I've written... that can't be good for you... emotionally, spiritually or psychologically.

And then there is the fact that to a great degree because of all this ambient stupid out there, people tend to get lazy and not think for themselves as readily... it's really easy to just repeat whatever nonsense someone else says because it's the first thing one found or they like the person who said it.

It's a lot easier to think and say stupid stuff if you see a bunch of people doing that... years ago someone would have to get a radio or tv show to get that kind of coverage... now anyone can do that. 
    Before it was limited to one telling their coworkers they thought lizardmen were stealing their newspaper because they saw workers opening a manhole across the street... back then, mostly people would just ignore that because that guy was also great at sports trivia or always brought in fudge brownies.

Unless one is genuinely curious and actually wants real answers, it’s far too easy to get dull and dumbified by just letting or smart devices lead us to answers based on whatever the algorithm thinks is the most popular. 
    Most people seem to enjoy Amazon telling them that because other people who bought spandex underwear also bought a shovel, a car battery and denture cream, they should consider the same purchase.  
    Because you watched Nightmare On Elm Street, you’ll want to check out My Little Pony: The Movie…. 
    Our brains are constantly getting assaulted by all this pseudo-information and algorithmical nonsense… it makes the brain mushy and dumb… and if the brain was fairly mushy and dumb to begin with it’s all downhill from there.

And being dumb is kind of blissful… In high school I had a teacher who was always saying “I’d give anything to be dumb and happy like that guy… “ Regardless of the fact that he was usually pointing at me, I think he had a point… one a lot of brains have surrendered to. 
    They are just sitting back and letting the warm calming waters of stupidity envelop them as they slide below its tranquil surface.

But I could be wrong...

That having been said, if you are looking for conspiracy theories, I got a few really good ones laying around... There's the old "Illuminati Ninja Penguin Conspiracy"... the "Toilet Paper Cartel Conspiracy"*, "The Russian Cat Mafia Conspiracy" and one that involves octopuses and that company that makes Chia Pets... I'm still fleshing that one out because none of the octopuses I've interviewed have been cooperative.

Actually I've got a lot of them, but they aren't as fun as they used to be because in real life they either turn out to be true, but a lot dumber and worse or people who are a lot dumber and worse make up even dumber and worse conspiracies and act on them. 
    The past several years have opened the floodgates of conspiracymania... 
    It used to be fun...
    I'd see two completely unrelated problems or things going on in current affairs and I'd draw a wacky tangled web of loosely interconnected pseudo-facts into an entertaining conspiracy theory.

But now conspiracy is so mainstream it's kinda like everyone and their grandmother... in some cases, especially their grandmother... is into some conspiracy or other. 
    It went from an original incoherent statement about society to a poser-culture ripoff of popular insanity… for me it's like when I used to get drunk and wear my underwear outside my pants... then all the superheroes started doing that and it wasn't fun anymore.

That’s probably not exactly the same, but it’s close enough.

My point is, I no longer feel that great about all my fun conspiracy theories… it was fun because it was unique and I could usually get a seat on the subway if I were to start reciting them out loud… now people frickin’ ask me if I have a YouTube channel so they can learn more. 
    I’m really afraid to make up new conspiracies because I’m afraid someone won’t realize it’s satire and they’ll form a cult around it and I won’t make any money off the whole thing.

If I'm going to start a cult movement, I'm damn well getting rich off it.

Anyway... you're better off just disregarding this whole collection of words... it's not helpful, it's just incoherent opinion, it's judgy, lacks substance and ultimately I'm not making any money off of it in the long run.

*The whole Toilet Paper Cartel thing was something I made up years before the pandemic as a joke about why toilet paper is actually pretty damned expensive (and deceptively marketed) considering it’s a simple paper product… then a few years after I wrote that, it turned out to be a real thing… not exactly as I described, but still… that makes it not funny if it turns out to be real. 
    I’m gonna be so mad if the Illuminati are really using ninja penguins to steal everyone’s peanut butter so they can gain control of the world’s strategic peanut butter supply.

kyoto kid said:

Sfariah said:

..excellent. those group homes sound almost like prisons from what you have mentioned. 

Make sure to get your computer back from the current place.

I will have my computer back full time after I move.  (I got a secret, I am using my computer to get on these forums now.) 

I am trying to figure out what is the length of a cube to make if the corners of the cube intereset the sphere.   Now I am wondering why I am trying this out in DS when probably Blender is a better option?

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885
    edited May 2022

Either double the radius of the sphere, or the same as the diameter. 

edit: whoops, that's not for the CORNERS of the cube to intersect with the sphere, but for the cube to completely contain the sphere. 

Post edited by Gordig on
This discussion has been closed.