Oh, Misty, I forgot my Complaint Thread

Comments

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

LeatherGryphon said:

Hmmm, "drop out" works but my original wording was more precise.  I changed it to be less morbid.surprise 

Or maybe he's old enough now that he could be after the role that George Burns and Morgan Freeman have had.wink 

Yeah, I guess I forgot how old he is... he acts a lot younger in interviews, so it's easy to forget... But 81 isn't that old... technically... turtles live to be 180... I'm pretty sure Macaulay Culkin is almost that old... my math on that doesn't seem to add up, but still... He seems fine.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Sfariah said:

I think my clock is wrong?  it says it is 20:04 ish which is 8:04 ish pm.  or is it really getting that late?

Definitely wrong, mine says 06:13 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

McGyver said:

DanaTA said:

By the way, what's wrong with time travel stories, if they're done well?

Nothing is wrong with time travel... technically there wouldn't be a penguin Statue of Liberty without it (well, in that other parallel universe), but with the pre Paramount+ Star Treks they kinda muddied up stuff a bit with time traveling... it just messes up a story line for me because ultimately it leaves me feeling uninvested in the story or characters if I feel that's not ultimately what happened because they managed to change the past or future... you too free to play with the audience if you mess with time travel too much... it's kinda what Rick from Rick and Morty complains about... "Ultimately none of this matters"... It's not necessarily bad if that is the whole premise, Doctor Who pulls it off because that's the whole idea of the show. 
    Maybe I don't get attached to those storylines because I'm still bummed out about there being no penguin Statute of Liberty in this reality... it's actually kind of whimsical and pretty... but whatever... it's just me.

...I originally liked the Star Trek Enterprise series as it took place before the Federation was established and the setting was a bit more "raw"..  Then in the second or third season (I don't remember anymore) they got ito that stupid "temporal civil war" shtick and I went "ugh" 

No, leave time travel to Dr. Who and Mr. Peabody.

PerttiA said:

Sfariah said:

I think my clock is wrong?  it says it is 20:04 ish which is 8:04 ish pm.  or is it really getting that late?

Definitely wrong, mine says 06:13 

...mine says 01:16 

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

kyoto kid said:

McGyver said:

DanaTA said:

By the way, what's wrong with time travel stories, if they're done well?

Nothing is wrong with time travel... technically there wouldn't be a penguin Statue of Liberty without it (well, in that other parallel universe), but with the pre Paramount+ Star Treks they kinda muddied up stuff a bit with time traveling... it just messes up a story line for me because ultimately it leaves me feeling uninvested in the story or characters if I feel that's not ultimately what happened because they managed to change the past or future... you too free to play with the audience if you mess with time travel too much... it's kinda what Rick from Rick and Morty complains about... "Ultimately none of this matters"... It's not necessarily bad if that is the whole premise, Doctor Who pulls it off because that's the whole idea of the show. 
    Maybe I don't get attached to those storylines because I'm still bummed out about there being no penguin Statute of Liberty in this reality... it's actually kind of whimsical and pretty... but whatever... it's just me.

...I originally liked the Star Trek Enterprise series as it took place before the Federation was established and the setting was a bit more "raw"..  Then in the second or third season (I don't remember anymore) they got ito that stupid "temporal civil war" shtick and I went "ugh" 

In spite of that, I still think Enterprise was one of the best Trek series. I do have a gut revulsion to time travel plotlines, though, so I found it quite a drag.

edited May 2022

Gah... I took two showers this morning... one in the shower and the other in the driveway trying to undam the gutters... 

Frickin' catkins... there were two dams about 1.5 standard dachshunds (imperial, not metric... I can't find a conversion chart for dachshunds) in size, with one about 3 Dch x 2 Dch.

So the driveway was all flooded with ankle deep water, requiring me to sweep it all out... wet catkins are even more annoying than dry ones... 

Luckily I still haven't put away the snow shovels, so later I'll scoop them up and dump them up into the wheelbarrow and dump them in the wood... they make excellent compost.

Speaking of dachshunds... apparently people affectionately refer to dachshunds as "Doxies"... I was under the impression that was another word for "strumpet" or "harlot"... you know, "street walker", "call girl", "trollop", "hussy","floozy", "tart", "looftnocker", "concubine", "jezabel", "wench"... 

What's going on there?... Siberia Husky enthusiasts don't call them "hussies"... 

Its too early to ponder that.

Oh, also I made up "loofnocker" to see if anyone would say "that's not a word" and look it up... sorry if you fell for that, but I was wet and frustrated and wanted to share... at least it was just the frustration, not the water part.

Well, if it's raining where you are, stay dry and don't fry and cross any flooded roads... remember: "turn around and get to higher ground"... is that it?

There was a campaign a while ago and they came up with a catchy saying... but I don't think it was that... I submitted "Don't be a clown and drown", but it was rejected all 37 times I sent it in.

I think it's catchy... 

I should look up the actual slogan now that I mentioned it... 

Apparently it's "Turn Around, Don't Drown"...

Okay, that's not much better than mine... 

I'm going with "Don't Be A Clown, Turn Around, Don't Drown"... 

Its catchy, edgy and slaps you in the face with its defiant rejection of clowns.

People will remember that a lot more... nobody wants to be a clown... well, deliberately... 

I suppose Juggalos, fans of the Insane Clown Posse might not care and that might seem like a challenge...

Mimes are actually worse... but that doesn't really rhyme and I don't have the time to make a rhyme with mime... which is just fine because I'd just cross the line, and that would be a crime... though that's hard to define.

I don't think there is an Insane Mime Posse or any equivalent for mimes... Since mimes are silent, I suppose a rap rock mime group wouldn't really make much sense.

If a mime falls in the woods... does anyone care?

They definitely make sounds if they fall out a window... or so I'm told.

(puts down iPad because something loud fell in kitchen, gets distracted by undefended pound cake... gets disappointed that it's not "all butter pound cake" but eats it anyway)

(an hour and fifteen minutes later...)

Well... it's not early anymore, the rain has stopped and I put down my iPad and forgot what I was going to write... which is probably for the better because I should have stopped writing after "two showers"... 

Well... that's all... I was probably going to write something epic, but it's gone now... just like that pound cake...

Oh crap... I hope that wasn't for one of my daughter's clubs... it just occurred to me it's Wednesday and they do a bake sale for the Women's Empowerment group... club... thingie... (they are changing the name to something catchier anyway, so stop looking at me that way).

Well, now I gotta go out and buy two more pound cakes before I go to pick my other daughter up…

Yes… two pound cakes… don't judge me... one is a replacement for the bake sale, and the other is to console me because I’m burdened by the realization that I’m a terrible father who devours his socially conscious daughter’s baked goods in a typical apathetic patriarchal fashion.

Well, I should go before I eat something else important.

Edit...

Today is Thursday!  I'm not that terrible much of a terrible father!... And now I get three pound cakes!

You didn't honestly think I wasn't going to buy more... did you?

Post edited by McGyver on
  • hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,025
    edited May 2022

I used to have aconversion table for imperial to metric daschunds, but I think the cat got to it.. Ah well. Now pound cakes .. In a metricized country you'd have kilogram cakes - all the more better! I might have to chat with the bakery department of our local grocery emporium.. And "doxie" - not heard that one in  daschund's ages..

and Mimes? while quiet and easily trapped using glass boxes, can be dangerous if not taken seriously, although how can one take a mime seriously?

2cv_evil_mimes.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 884K
    Post edited by hacsart on
    edited May 2022

...so when two dachshounds get into fight do they start doxing?

Ayway, I'll leave with this.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,727

McGyver said:

PerttiA said:

Starting to develop my own conspiracy theory, the signs have been there for quite sometime, but is there such a thing as chemical lobotomy and have they been feeding the kids such a substance at school since the 90's...

I think you are mistaking general stupidity for something nefarious.

Actually I don't think people are really that much stupider than they were in the past... it's just in the past, you'd talk to someone and they'd say stupid or nutsy stuff and you'd be like "oh... I see.." and you'd kind of ignore it or leave it at that... maybe you’d make a mental note to remind yourself they might not be that sane.

But after a while you'd forget or they'd say something more innocuous, kind of balancing their image in your mind and then usually someone else would appear slightly more nutty so you'd have trouble keeping track... but it was mostly that there'd be gaps between the nutttitude... and also people used to tend to keep their insanity to themselves... if they thought the Pope was really a Bigfoot with a funny hat, they might be reluctant to bring that up in a conversation.

Most people had filters... and internal dialogue.

Private thoughts.

But then social media came around and people got used to being asshats 24/7... their personal filters atrophied and their internal thoughts, no matter how stupid and ridiculous became the default external soliloquy...

We see this now because of social media and the internet, and we are exposed to their nuttiness constantly.

I mean right now you are absorbing some pretty industrial level crazy just reading anything I've written... that can't be good for you... emotionally, spiritually or psychologically.

And then there is the fact that to a great degree because of all this ambient stupid out there, people tend to get lazy and not think for themselves as readily... it's really easy to just repeat whatever nonsense someone else says because it's the first thing one found or they like the person who said it.

It's a lot easier to think and say stupid stuff if you see a bunch of people doing that... years ago someone would have to get a radio or tv show to get that kind of coverage... now anyone can do that. 
    Before it was limited to one telling their coworkers they thought lizardmen were stealing their newspaper because they saw workers opening a manhole across the street... back then, mostly people would just ignore that because that guy was also great at sports trivia or always brought in fudge brownies.

Unless one is genuinely curious and actually wants real answers, it’s far too easy to get dull and dumbified by just letting or smart devices lead us to answers based on whatever the algorithm thinks is the most popular. 
    Most people seem to enjoy Amazon telling them that because other people who bought spandex underwear also bought a shovel, a car battery and denture cream, they should consider the same purchase.  
    Because you watched Nightmare On Elm Street, you’ll want to check out My Little Pony: The Movie…. 
    Our brains are constantly getting assaulted by all this pseudo-information and algorithmical nonsense… it makes the brain mushy and dumb… and if the brain was fairly mushy and dumb to begin with it’s all downhill from there.

And being dumb is kind of blissful… In high school I had a teacher who was always saying “I’d give anything to be dumb and happy like that guy… “ Regardless of the fact that he was usually pointing at me, I think he had a point… one a lot of brains have surrendered to. 
    They are just sitting back and letting the warm calming waters of stupidity envelop them as they slide below its tranquil surface.

But I could be wrong...

That having been said, if you are looking for conspiracy theories, I got a few really good ones laying around... There's the old "Illuminati Ninja Penguin Conspiracy"... the "Toilet Paper Cartel Conspiracy"*, "The Russian Cat Mafia Conspiracy" and one that involves octopuses and that company that makes Chia Pets... I'm still fleshing that one out because none of the octopuses I've interviewed have been cooperative.

Actually I've got a lot of them, but they aren't as fun as they used to be because in real life they either turn out to be true, but a lot dumber and worse or people who are a lot dumber and worse make up even dumber and worse conspiracies and act on them. 
    The past several years have opened the floodgates of conspiracymania... 
    It used to be fun...
    I'd see two completely unrelated problems or things going on in current affairs and I'd draw a wacky tangled web of loosely interconnected pseudo-facts into an entertaining conspiracy theory.

But now conspiracy is so mainstream it's kinda like everyone and their grandmother... in some cases, especially their grandmother... is into some conspiracy or other. 
    It went from an original incoherent statement about society to a poser-culture ripoff of popular insanity… for me it's like when I used to get drunk and wear my underwear outside my pants... then all the superheroes started doing that and it wasn't fun anymore.

That’s probably not exactly the same, but it’s close enough.

My point is, I no longer feel that great about all my fun conspiracy theories… it was fun because it was unique and I could usually get a seat on the subway if I were to start reciting them out loud… now people frickin’ ask me if I have a YouTube channel so they can learn more. 
    I’m really afraid to make up new conspiracies because I’m afraid someone won’t realize it’s satire and they’ll form a cult around it and I won’t make any money off the whole thing.

If I'm going to start a cult movement, I'm damn well getting rich off it.

Anyway... you're better off just disregarding this whole collection of words... it's not helpful, it's just incoherent opinion, it's judgy, lacks substance and ultimately I'm not making any money off of it in the long run.

*The whole Toilet Paper Cartel thing was something I made up years before the pandemic as a joke about why toilet paper is actually pretty damned expensive (and deceptively marketed) considering it’s a simple paper product… then a few years after I wrote that, it turned out to be a real thing… not exactly as I described, but still… that makes it not funny if it turns out to be real. 
    I’m gonna be so mad if the Illuminati are really using ninja penguins to steal everyone’s peanut butter so they can gain control of the world’s strategic peanut butter supply.

I don't know what percentage of this is meant to be serious or a joke but I basically agree with the whole thing except maybe the part about ignorance being kind of blissful. Because I think that depends on the people being completely safe from what they're being ignorant of. For instance, it might feel good to think a certain group of people are heroes who would never beat up or shoot anybody, as long as you're not the kind of person they beat up or shoot.

Concerning time travel in Star Trek: Discovery, I think they basically had to do it because so many people were complaining about all the things they were doing to interfere with the Star Trek "canon" or whatever. They had some real whoppers like creating a ship that existed alongside the enterprise yet was somehow way more advanced; and insisting Spock had a little African American sister; and they had some kind of plant based technology that was superior to warp drive. So they basically had to come up with a way to make the whole show not matter to the rest of the Star Trek franchise, and the best way to do that is to send them a thousand years into the future with all of the witnesses sworn to secrecy. It was an excellent example of time travel being used as a lazy way to get the heroes (or in this case the writers) out of an incredibly difficult situation. But I do think the writers got their act together once they got themselves out of the Star Trek canon hole.

Now I'm pretty sure the reason the A-Team movie (as well as any A-Team TV series reboot) wouldn't have a chance is because they can't get Mr. T right. He was extremely one-of-a-kind and the person they cast as him in the movie was woefully different. You can get away with that in other shows. You can even make Magnum P.I.'s Higgins a woman. But Mr. T has to be Mr. T. They would have had a better chance trying to make the real Mr. T look young again to reprise his role. Maybe they could have called on those people who made Chris Evans look all skinny in the first Captain America movie.

NylonGirl said:

I don't know what percentage of this is meant to be serious or a joke but I basically agree with the whole thing except maybe the part about ignorance being kind of blissful. Because I think that depends on the people being completely safe from what they're being ignorant of. For instance, it might feel good to think a certain group of people are heroes who would never beat up or shoot anybody, as long as you're not the kind of person they beat up or shoot.

Concerning time travel in Star Trek: Discovery, I think they basically had to do it because so many people were complaining about all the things they were doing to interfere with the Star Trek "canon" or whatever. They had some real whoppers like creating a ship that existed alongside the enterprise yet was somehow way more advanced; and insisting Spock had a little African American sister; and they had some kind of plant based technology that was superior to warp drive. So they basically had to come up with a way to make the whole show not matter to the rest of the Star Trek franchise, and the best way to do that is to send them a thousand years into the future with all of the witnesses sworn to secrecy. It was an excellent example of time travel being used as a lazy way to get the heroes (or in this case the writers) out of an incredibly difficult situation. But I do think the writers got their act together once they got themselves out of the Star Trek canon hole.

Now I'm pretty sure the reason the A-Team movie (as well as any A-Team TV series reboot) wouldn't have a chance is because they can't get Mr. T right. He was extremely one-of-a-kind and the person they cast as him in the movie was woefully different. You can get away with that in other shows. You can even make Magnum P.I.'s Higgins a woman. But Mr. T has to be Mr. T. They would have had a better chance trying to make the real Mr. T look young again to reprise his role. Maybe they could have called on those people who made Chris Evans look all skinny in the first Captain America movie.

I honestly have no idea about what percentage of anything I write is a joke or serious anymore... I can't tell you how many jokes I've made that end up becoming real... 2016- 2021 being particularly cumbersome in that department... you couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting a joke turning into reality... also, don't swing dead cats because sometimes they are just sleeping and apparently they don't like being swung around by the tail. 
    They used to say "life imitates art", but I think lately it's more like "life imitates stupid jokes"... 

I forgot about some of those canon conflicts in Enterprise... that thing about that Enterprise seeming to be vaguely more sophisticated that Kirk's did bother me a bit... Most of the time travel stuff I've managed to forget because I wasn't invested in it... I think I watched the last few episodes of the last season and was really bothered by the finale... it felt like they were expecting another season, but fifteen minutes before they shot the last episode they found out the show was canceled and they were like "well... lets do our best to wrap this up".

I'm not actually a Star Trek fan, but I have enjoyed it and probably have seem most of the franchise series episodes (except for Paramount+ which I kinda feel is a big "eff you" to fans who now have to pay to see it, but whatever)... I've even watched a few fan made shows on YouTube, which are quirky, but are actually sometimes pretty decentish... one actually captured the look of the original series... like the funky lighting, cheap sets and that soft 60s film quality... I forget the name of the show, and the last time I went to look for it I couldn't find it, but it was set on a different Constitution class starship, and the writing was pretty much on the same level as the original series... it felt like it could have been a forgotten spinoff from the 60s. 
    There was also that other fan made show "Axanar" which had a pretty good trailer, but unfortunately a lawsuit from Paramount shut them down.

Yeah, I agree with the Mr. T assessment... Mr. T is too iconic to try and "reimagine"... and I pity the fool who tries. 
    Sorry... I had to add that. 
    Laurence Tureaud really becomes B.A. Baracus when he's playing him... I feel like anyone else trying to be B.A. would only be trying, not being. 
    Geez... he's gotta be around 70 by now... eesh... I feel old. 
    Thinking about it in that way, I'd be afraid to have Mr. T play a CGI enhanced young version of himself... B.A. Baracus was a high energy character... he was always like "Grrrrrr!!".... that could be dangerous for a 70 year old to engage in.

If George Peppard hadn't gone and died, getting all the original characters together for one movie might have been campy fun... like one of those "they might be old now, but they've still got it" kind of movies.

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,025

not to sound like a broken record, but its 2C and snowing lightly..

hacsart said:

Here, above the 60th parallel it's 20C and sun shining 17 hours and 45 minutes a day cheeky

... Sorry, I'm just so happy about not needing to turn on the heating anymore.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,112

I did an interview with the place I am hoping to be accepted.  It went well except for the aquarium issue.  I am most likely going to be accepted, but I don't know about the fish.

Had another depressing meeting today...

Although, I do understand now, how the software companies are able to sell non operational systems to governmental organizations and keep milking the client for years to come without ever delivering a functional product - It's all about the pretty pictures on the "book cover"...

Well... At least I get to say "I told you so"...

I wish I knew it was around 90 outside before I took my walk.

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378

McGyver said:

Sfariah said:

It is McGyver not MacGyver?

The TV show was called "MacGyver".

Its been a nickname of mine for ages.

I spell it McGyver because the first website I used it at there already was a "MacGyver"... I guess I wanted it to be the same wherever I used it which is why I spell it "McGyver"... like "McDonald's"

McGyver's Burgers... That could be an interesting theme for a burger joint... you assemble your meal out of random food parts in a bin. 

Hey, that's how I made lunch today!

McGyver said:

NylonGirl said:

Star Trek got lazy with time-travel and it shows in the quality of ALL time-travel episodes and movies, regardless of era, regardless of ships, and regardless of even who's the captain.

I forgot about some of those canon conflicts in Enterprise...

I'm not actually a Star Trek fan, but I have enjoyed it and probably have seem most of the franchise series episodes (except for Paramount+ which I kinda feel is a big "eff you" to fans who now have to pay to see it, but whatever)...

I don't pay "plus" memberships, and that's my big "eff you" to media conglomerates.  In fact, I'm on the verge of cutting back on my DAZ membership costs.

kyoto kid said:

...so when two dachshounds get into fight do they start doxing?

Ayway, I'll leave with this.

If she's holding down that trigger (and it looks like she is), then when she puts that round in the rifle and slams the bolt home, is it gonna result in a negligent discharge and take out a kidney or liver of one of the kids playing stickball across the street?  Just askin'.  Maybe he's got it coming to him, or maybe he's her target anyway?

...but other than that and the low contrast, I like this image a lot.

PerttiA said:

Although, I do understand now, how the software companies are able to sell non operational systems to governmental organizations and keep milking the client for years to come without ever delivering a functional product - It's all about the pretty pictures on the "book cover"...

Do you mean the pretty pictures of the lab coat wearing "team" looking intently at a screen with indecipherable technologically sophisticated looking mumbo-jumbo on it, the close ups of psychotropically fantastic circuitry superimposed over an image of a monitor with Matrix-like data flowing across it, a family holding hands and skipping through a summery field towards a futuristic city, robot dogs playing poker, various images of offices that look like the bridge of the U.S.S. Enterprise from the J.J. Abrams reboot, and assorted heart string tugging or pseudo inspiring BS imagery?...

McGyver said:

PerttiA said:

Do you mean the pretty pictures of the lab coat wearing "team" looking intently at a screen with indecipherable technologically sophisticated looking mumbo-jumbo on it, the close ups of psychotropically fantastic circuitry superimposed over an image of a monitor with Matrix-like data flowing across it, a family holding hands and skipping through a summery field towards a futuristic city, robot dogs playing poker, various images of offices that look like the bridge of the U.S.S. Enterprise from the J.J. Abrams reboot, and assorted heart string tugging or pseudo inspiring BS imagery?...

Pretty close, with the guy from the supplier who's tailoring the application for our purposes asking me "how do you unhide a hidden tab in Excel", which everybody else thought, was just a normal question... 

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,442
    edited May 2022

Non-complaint:  Wheee... I found something cheap(ish) to buy for my computers.smiley  I'd thought that the well of opportunity had run dry.  But no!  My latest motherboard purchase had WiFi connection hardware and an M.2-e slot for a WiFi card.  I'd installed the hardware connector bracket onto the motherboard when I built the machine a couple months ago.  But today, while idly gazing into the window and admiring my handiwork and wishing that there was more work I could do on it, I realized, with great glee, that I had never ordered an M.2-e WiFi card for it.  Yay! Something to buy, something to anticipate in the mail, something to justify tearing the machine open and fiddling around inside.  Wheee...yes

Do I need WiFi on that computer?  No, of course not.  It's one of my main lab machines permanently on wired LAN.  But I get itchy if I have an expensive device that is somehow crippled or hobbled in a way that might be disappointing if I never used that feature.indecision  In a perfect world, for every socket there is a plug.devil

Edited for clarity: Changed "never needed" to "never used"

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

LeatherGryphon said:

Do I need WiFi on that computer?  No, of course not.  It's one of my main lab machines permanently on wired LAN.  But I get itchy if I have an expensive device that is somehow crippled or hobbled in a way that might be disappointing if I never needed that feature.indecision  In a perfect world, for every socket there is a plug.devil

Sort of know what you mean... Back in the 90's, if there was an empty slot on the motherboard, I just had to get something to it and after getting it, cursing myself when trying to find a combination of IRQ's and addresses to get everything working at the same time blush

Complaint...
    Waiting in my car to pick someone up and it's pouring and thundering and lightninging and I'm pretty sure I've seen pairs of zoo animals wandering by on their way to something...  Not that the rain bothers me, but I'm sitting in the car trying not to wait with it running because gas is like $9000 a gallon now and it's getting really gross and humid in here because I'm all wet and the person I'm waiting for is delayed... Worst of all the only thing available on the radio is frickin' Hall and Oats.... I'm hoping to get struck by lightning at this point... anything is better than Hall & Goats.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175

PerttiA said:

LeatherGryphon said:

Do I need WiFi on that computer?  No, of course not.  It's one of my main lab machines permanently on wired LAN.  But I get itchy if I have an expensive device that is somehow crippled or hobbled in a way that might be disappointing if I never needed that feature.indecision  In a perfect world, for every socket there is a plug.devil

Sort of know what you mean... Back in the 90's, if there was an empty slot on the motherboard, I just had to get something to it and after getting it, cursing myself when trying to find a combination of IRQ's and addresses to get everything working at the same time blush

Wasn't that fun?  cheeky  I had a friend who did all my hardware stuff...I couldn't stand it!

Dana 

edited May 2022

hacsart said:

...same here on the foirst part (fortunatly no frozen water form the sky here....I hope).

Today was to be the start of a 10 day stretch of even nicer weather through next weekend, including a several consecutive of days in the 70s (two near 80°). However as hasb een usual this year so far, rain has crept back into the extended forecast and highs on a few of the days have been modified downward.. Been pretty much cloudy all day today and barely made it to 60 (was supposed to be in the mid to upper 60s with the clouds clearing off byafternoon)..

Really weary of getting one nice day and then back to March like weather for the next 4 or 5.and we're only a month away from the start of Summer.  Crikey Milwaukee over in "tundra country" has enjoyed more 70°+ dayssince April  (5 in the 80s) than we have here. Two weeks ago Madison in the central part of the state already had four days above 90°.

edited May 2022

hacsart said:

2°C...?  What's that equal to in Dachshunds?

Post edited by McGyver on

I am sleepy but my bedroom door is open.  Too tired to close it.

McGyver said:

Complaint...
    Waiting in my car to pick someone up and it's pouring and thundering and lightninging and I'm pretty sure I've seen pairs of zoo animals wandering by on their way to something...  Not that the rain bothers me, but I'm sitting in the car trying not to wait with it running because gas is like $9000 a gallon now and it's getting really gross and humid in here because I'm all wet and the person I'm waiting for is delayed... Worst of all the only thing available on the radio is frickin' Hall and Oats.... I'm hoping to get struck by lightning at this point... anything is better than Hall & Goats.

...the way prices are going it may be cheaper to fuel up a car with whiskey or Vodka.  

kyoto kid said:

McGyver said:

Complaint...

...the way prices are going it may be cheaper to fuel up a car with whiskey or Vodka.  

But the car would be drunk! 

edited May 2022

..well finally got my shiny new bank arrived in the mail today a couple days after it should have.  Was hoping it was s different colour so I don't accidentally pull my Safeway Club card out by mistake but it isn't.

I went though all the verification mumbo jumbo and the card is activated. I then added the new card number to the couple utility auto pay accounts I have.

Finally I can shop at the Daz store again, just in time for the upcoming Daz+ (formerly PC+) sale 

Missed a couple really good flash sales this week.

This discussion has been closed.