Oh, Misty, I forgot my Complaint Thread

Comments

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072
    Gordig said:

God help me, I let myself get into a prolonged political debate in the youtube comments section. 

I hope you won.
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175

TJohn said:

Gordig said:

God help me, I let myself get into a prolonged political debate in the youtube comments section. 

I hope you won.

I fear there is no winning in that realm!

Dana 

• Don't bring it here.  There's too much sweetness & light here that might whither.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,882

DanaTA said:

TJohn said:

Gordig said:

I hope you won.

Dana 

You're right. The guy has no idea what he's talking about, and his points are easily refuted, but there's always somewhere else to move the goalposts.

• About a year ago, I started heavily writing book two.  I'm finally getting to the grand finale for Section one.

Complaint is, I'm very nervous regarding section 2 of the book.  Like I have the broad strokes outlined, but I need SOME kind of nefarious under-current that my heroes get entangled in and I'm coming up blank.  I am starting to come up with the new characters that they will be interacting in this saga.  Hopefully as I design more, I'll get an idea.  It'll probably take me most of the month to finishing section one, given my work schedule.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited February 2022

DanaTA said:

TJohn said:

Gordig said:

I hope you won.

Dana 

...tell me about it.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

Gordig said:

DanaTA said:

TJohn said:

Gordig said:

I hope you won.

Dana 

You're right. The guy has no idea what he's talking about, and his points are easily refuted, but there's always somewhere else to move the goalposts.

Yeah... Stopped taking part in those discussions some 15+ years ago, when the 'trend' started getting obvious, people were there not to discuss things or exchange ideas, but picking fights instead. 

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,107

Wow! I forgot my complaint or was it a non complaint?

• If one forgets one's complaint, does it solve the issue?  Enquiring people want to know.indecision

LeatherGryphon said:

If one forgets one's complaint, does it solve the issue?  Enquiring people want to know.indecision

my complaint is complicated.  I got a new waffle maker, which is the non complaint, but the complaint is I don't know how much batter to use! 

B87EC2E1-87D0-479A-9583-EDCCC9EB6323.jpeg
    4032 x 3024 - 4M
    4991A095-B622-477D-A06C-F108C97A537F.jpeg
    4032 x 3024 - 4M
    E44DE684-A2FB-48B8-A274-9BF86CC1A9A4.jpeg
    4032 x 3024 - 4M
    5ADF1BF1-ADDD-40BA-A7B1-57B6E0FD5E2F.jpeg
    4032 x 3024 - 4M
  • Sfariah said:

LeatherGryphon said:

If one forgets one's complaint, does it solve the issue?  Enquiring people want to know.indecision

my complaint is complicated.  I got a new waffle maker, which is the non complaint, but the complaint is I don't know how much batter to use! 

Just enough, but not too much.  If you make too little that's your problem.indecision  If you make too much that's a party.smiley 

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393

Was watching a course online and the person talks reaally fast and sometimes zips around the menus and stuff just as quickly, and the videos are all in 720p tops. The site thankfully alllows you to slow down video speed so having it at .75x actually helps a lot, but to get around the 720p I have to watch it on my desktop.  I like watching videos like these on my laptop so I can follow along without a ton of alt-tabbing, but 720's too low for that on my laptop since the text was too blurry.

I'm at a furniture store, but I don't see any bookshelves that I need!

I went to the nearest Burger King and their lobby was closed.  I wanted to use the restroom.

I went to food lion with 5 dollars cash and 3.02 on a rebate debit card.  The register wanted the PIN number for the rebate card, but I don't know it..

edited February 2022

Sfariah said:

I went to food lion with 5 dollars cash and 3.02 on a rebate debit card.  The register wanted the PIN number for the rebate card, but I don't know it..

When it comes to remembering numbers like that I try and come up with something I can remember that isn't 1-2-3-4-5  or something;  birthdates or just something I'll drive into my mind after making it! :>

Unless like, you never knew the number to begin with in which case there's not much you can do there ;A;

Post edited by Rezca on

Yesterday I was so tired,  even though I got a good night's sleep.  Nothing really helped,  but today I feel a lot better.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636
    edited February 2022

Sfariah said:

You could try asking the cashier to run it as a credit card.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

Charlie Judge said:

Sfariah said:

You could try asking the cashier to run it as a credit card.

I did that at bed, bath and beyond but for some reason couldn't at food lion? 

PerttiA said:

Gordig said:

DanaTA said:

TJohn said:

Gordig said:

I hope you won.

Dana 

Yeah... Stopped taking part in those discussions some 15+ years ago, when the 'trend' started getting obvious, people were there not to discuss things or exchange ideas, but picking fights instead. 

This debate has actually been rather civil, all things considered. I seem to have finally shut him up with this last reply, which is also the only part of the debate I could post without running afoul of the TOS.

You keep throwing around the term "useful idiot", but it's far past the time you should have started asking yourself which one of us is actually the useful idiot. You keep misusing terms you don't understand to claim that something is happening that you can't define or even show any evidence is even real. All you do is move the goal posts, because you can't prove a single thing you're saying. Every reply you make is a tacit admission that you don't have a leg to stand on. I've prompted you multiple times to define what you're actually talking about, and you never do it.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

Sfariah said:

...I know it's a bit early but couldn't resist.

...The I Forgot My Complaint Compliant Thread.  

Why does it seem harder than needed to get a good goldfish picture?  And why does the cute poses arrive only after I put the camera app down?

CBA93850-493B-4735-92EE-4BC90072DDD7.jpeg
    4032 x 3024 - 3M
    3782D34B-87A4-46E5-858C-0635AE538AC4.jpeg
    4032 x 3024 - 3M
    BF967C0F-63D6-4175-834B-C0B16776F056.jpeg
    4032 x 3024 - 3M
    BFEE4E1A-2A38-4267-85CE-F73500228F78.jpeg
    4032 x 3024 - 3M

kyoto kid said:

Sfariah said:

...I know it's a bit early but couldn't resist.

...The I Forgot My Complaint Compliant Thread.  

Lol! 

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,457

Richard Haseltine said:

N-RArts said:

I'm so tired. 

I was working in Daz Studio when the computer randomly restarted. The computer came back on, and I couldn't find the Daz Studio Iray shaders (PBR Skin, and all of that). So I've had to uninstall then re-install Studio. 

I hope the SSD isn't on the way out (one year old). If it is, I'm giving up, and I'm not replacing it.

I can't deal with anymore of this cr@p!

Might have been a corrupt database if DS was closed mid-write. If you install using DIM/Daz Central/Manually and the files were missing only from the Smart Content pane, Presets tabs, and Categories or Products in the Content Library you might be able to get them back by reimporting metadata or - if everything was gone - by doing a database reset and then reimporting. I do recommend backing up the database, and doing an export of user data, as protection.

It was just things that were related to the program itself, that went missing from my Content Library (I don't use Smart Content). I don't know what else went missing, but what I couldn't find were Daz's own Iray Shaders - PBR Skin, Iray: Gold, Rubber, Plastic, Architectural, Stucco, etc. However, the program still managed to open, and my customised layout loaded, too. 

All of my Daz Content is on an External HDD, so I haven't lost any content there... Although thinking about it, I better check it out again. :/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rant: I'm never sure if i say, or do the right thing. Maybe I should've just said a straight "no", instead of, "I'll consider it". I said no last time, why bring it up again? 

I've done a lot of dumb things in my 34 years on Earth, but that was the worst. I've only ever got two things right, and both of them were cats. 

Yay! Another crappy horror movie, and my Father has gone to sleep... I should've recharged my Switch earlier.

Here comes Storm Eunice. 80-90 mph gusts for where I live. They say it's the worst storm for 30-something years. Under normal circumstances, I'd say, "Bring it on"... But with the way things have lately... I better not.

Aww, my money tree is bare... And I really wanted the Soft Skin Transitions, too (they look fantastic!). 

edited February 2022

Working with Deepsea's Eagle is stressing me out sad

I'm posing it and havbing a good time, and then when I re-open the file later the model's horribly deformed and geometry's all over the place, except for some of the feather addons which are in the same posture I left them. Better yet, all the backups and autosave files are broken like that too. 

So I go all the way back to the original file that the DAZ Bridges spat out and find that this is the results I get when I disable the skin - and thus the rigging.

Axises in the wrong places, geometry not where the actual rig is... So I do what normally works when say I'm scaling up/down figures or repositioning things,  fixing joint orientation issues... And disable the rigging when its in this 'rest state' and then tell it to set that as its new bind pose.  I toggle it on and off a few times and it sticks.  Then when I go to do anything else, it does this again.  frown

Re-exporting a fresh version of it and seeing if that won't help any.

Screenshot 2022-02-17 182758.jpg
    431 x 415 - 14K
    Screenshot 2022-02-17 183343.jpg
    820 x 511 - 33K
    Post edited by Rezca on

Re-exporting worked, at least for now.  I'm just afraid that anything could set it off again though

Not only did I speak too soon, he had already replied to me twice before I posted the debate seemed to have run its course, and somehow I just didn't notice.

edited February 2022

A Roc perched on a rock.    Tweaking the materials on the leaves right now and then I don't know what else if anything I'll do.

Eagle_tmpB.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 456K
    Post edited by Rezca on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072

Rezca said:

A Roc perched on a rock.    Tweaking the materials on the leaves right now and then I don't know what else if anything I'll do.

It rocks. And rocs. yes 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012
    edited February 2022

Rezca said:

Working with Deepsea's Eagle is stressing me out sad

I'm posing it and havbing a good time, and then when I re-open the file later the model's horribly deformed and geometry's all over the place, except for some of the feather addons which are in the same posture I left them. Better yet, all the backups and autosave files are broken like that too. 

He's leaning too far back 

EddieEagle.PNG
    647 x 467 - 442K
    Post edited by PerttiA on
This discussion has been closed.