There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• MelanieL said:

barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

Christmas advertising started here before Halloween.

I had to book my Christmas grocery delivery last week.

6 cans of Fancy Feast? laugh

Oh, come on, it's Christmas: a whole fresh salmon surely?! 

As a starter.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010

Yesterday the best discounts per item with 8 tokens were 87% off, today 85% off... Saving a lot of money now wink

edited November 2023

Today's promo looks promising, 88% off wishlisted DO items that are found on Featured Artists with no tokens applied.

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • PerttiA said:

Today's promo looks promising, 88% off wishlisted DO items that are found on Featured Artists with no tokens applied.

Great for those with large wishlists but sadly, not for me. Once again it excludes new releases; so there are no eligiable items in my wishlist. 

• Charlie Judge said:

PerttiA said:

Great for those with large wishlists but sadly, not for me. Once again it excludes new releases; so there are no eligiable items in my wishlist. 

Also bad for me. I don’t need anything from the ‘Medieval’ new release. sad

• Nightfly said:

Charlie Judge said:

PerttiA said:

Also bad for me. I don’t need anything from the ‘Medieval’ new release. sad

Disappointed but not surprised that Daz has ruined Wishlist discounts - its best promo idea since the original D+FAD - by adding a buy-in requirement.

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

PerttiA said:

Today's promo looks promising, 88% off wishlisted items that are found on Featured Artists with no tokens applied.

Too bad that one would have to be a Medieval New Product to get that 50% extra off... having a $ 10.49 buy-in for a texture pack that would be useless without the proper full product, changing the buy-in $ 13.29, makes the savings for the wishlist item(s) to be more than that somewhat complicated for people who a) don't need/want any of the new products or b) don't have that many Featured Artists products wishlisted anymore...

So nice to be able to claim a 88% reduction, but the hoops and strings attached might keep many people from being able to achieve them...

• Charlie Judge said:

PerttiA said:

Ditto. 13 of my 14 wishlist items are new. 

maikdecker said:

PerttiA said:

Today's promo looks promising, 88% off wishlisted items that are found on Featured Artists with no tokens applied.

Too bad that one would have to be a Medieval New Product to get that 50% extra off... having a $ 10.49 buy-in for a texture pack that would be useless without the proper full product, changing the buy-in $ 13.29, makes the savings for the wishlist item(s) to be more than that somewhat complicated for people who a) don't need/want any of the new products or b) don't have that many Featured Artists products wishlisted anymore...

So nice to be able to claim a 88% reduction, but the hoops and strings attached might keep many people from being able to achieve them...

Without applying tokens, the Village is $10.49 in the cart if one picks one item from the Featured Artists store.

Didn't have time enough at work to check the other offers, but getting to it now.

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Charlie Judge said:

PerttiA said:

That is why my wishlist has 1893 items blush

• PerttiA said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Charlie Judge said:

PerttiA said:

That is why my wishlist has 1893 items blush

Try 2876

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

i have 37 wishlist item. 3 of them are 60% off plus the additional 50% off... comes to 80% off overall. let me think about it. 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930
    edited November 2023

daveso said:

Richard Haseltine said:

joanna said:

Too bad that the gods of algorigthm didn't grant me an orange banner today, as I've eyeing a pro bundle and the pro horse bundle looks interesting too. An extra discount would have come in handy and would probably be tempted to get both.

Oh well, back to deciding which one I want more, then.

The banner algorithm this tiems eems to be simply how many of the Genesis 9 Pro Bundles this month (the actual horseriders) had been purchased - I had three of the Pro bundles and got a 20% banner.

Thats my problem then. I haven't purchased a G9 bundle yet.  The pricing stops me flat out and now with my DAZ_ expiring, it will be useless to even look. Oh well... my  complaining about it shall cease. 

... I hear you, I'm burned out on having to dump yet hundreds more into a new generation particularly one that doesn't' appeal much to me (crikey, even Daz+ and the Weekly Freebies now feature G9 content).

I have one more month of Daz+ membership left and after 15+ years I am considering not renewing. as for myself, with G9 now the "norm" along with higher prices (including for Daz+ items), the value just isn't there anymore.

joanna said:

Richard Haseltine said:

PerttiA said:

Discounts tied to separate coupons each, not stacking even with the Daz+ 30% off... I wonder if this was it until the Christmas sales start.

Noth wishing to alarm anyone, but there is still Black Friday/Cyber Monday to come.

And it wouldn't be a surprise, if it started next week.

(Not pointing fingers at Daz in particular, it just seems that every year all online retailers try to start the Black Friday shenanigans early to hopefully beat competition.) 

...one of the grocery chains in my area actually had Yule holiday stuff up a week before Halloween. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • kyoto kid said:

... I hear you, I'm burned out on having to dump yet hundreds more into a new generation particularly one that doesn't' appeal much to me (crikey, even Daz+ and the Weekly Freebies now feature G9 content).

What weekly freebies were G9? All I ever see are plants, robots, and gray rooms.

edited November 2023

...see screenshot below.  If you already purchased them either individually or in a bundle, then they won't show up unless you uncheck the "Hide Items I own". box. 

As I haven't purchased any G9 content they'll show up when I open the Weekly Freebies page.. 

g9 freebies.png
    952 x 506 - 325K
  • Oh, OK. I thought you meant the weekly freebies from DAZ+. I get it now.

edited November 2023

Charlie Judge said:

PerttiA said:

...the coupon also requires purchase of a Medieval New Release (which save for the textures that need another purchase) are all over 13$  Great if you have the funds to load a cart, not so much for those on a slim budget.  

So far the PA sale was the best of the year.  I'll wait to see what Black Friday/Cyber Monday brings. 

• ShimrianShimrian Posts: 526

This one is hard to resist... I have a ton of RawArt items for G9 on my wishlist that I can get for 88% off...  and I kind of like Raw Dokkalfar, which I can get to 63% off. Why? I know there is always another sale... lol

I haven't even rendered all the items from the last sale.

• I realized the other day that I mostly render female characters in pretty dresses, typically princess type outfits. Why the obsession with princesses? I have no idea. But I came to this epiphany the other day and then low and behold today was a pretty medieval dress that unlocked a bunch of sales on beautiful hair and pretty dresses that I can use in portraits. I found a couple nice characters, too.  It worked for what I like to render. smiley

• DarkS474DarkS474 Posts: 151

Will Interactive Licenses be discounted down to $5 and/or $10 like in the past again anytime soon or not?

• I only spent $19 last month, a new low for me.

...the PC+/Daz+ sale used to be my favourite of the year, but this last one was a disappointment to say the least.  I spent more on the PA sale this year than I did on the Daz+ one  

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,158

I really think we have enough Egyptian content for now.

• lou_harper said:

Preaching to the choir, here.

And those masculine metal shorts. OW, OW, OW - and that's before you hit the merciless desert sun. I know the historical garment it's inspired by is a sort of skirt, but metal shorts is what it looks like to me. in the carousel promo.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

I did let my DAZ+ expire, but I already see the difference in pricing, and its overall sigificantly higher. If I were to start buying DAZ content again, I will for sure wait until I would renew my DAZ+, but that's going to take a significant discount as the value is good but not even close to what it used to be be. 

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,418

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

lou_harper said:

And those masculine metal shorts. OW, OW, OW - and that's before you hit the merciless desert sun. I know the historical garment it's inspired by is a sort of skirt, but metal shorts is what it looks like to me. in the carousel promo.

Yes, I also held my breath for a moment when I saw the Egyptian canned knight. Then I looked it up and found various Egyptian illustrations of warriors wearing something that looked very much like these shorts. The helmet isn't that far from the original either, and the Chepesh sword is well known. The bra and these sandals are of course nonsense, as is the fact that everything is made of metal. But there are leather and fabric shaders. At the moment the outfit is still in my cart...

• daveso said:

I did let my DAZ+ expire, but I already see the difference in pricing, and its overall sigificantly higher. If I were to start buying DAZ content again, I will for sure wait until I would renew my DAZ+, but that's going to take a significant discount as the value is good but not even close to what it used to be be. 

Yes, but think of all the money you are saving by not buying content because of the higher prices. wink 

• miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

lou_harper said:

And those masculine metal shorts. OW, OW, OW - and that's before you hit the merciless desert sun.

Perhaps that is why it is currently described as an "Egyptian Worrier" (which I have reported, sorry to spoilsport).

I know the historical garment it's inspired by is a sort of skirt, but metal shorts is what it looks like to me. in the carousel promo.

• Richard Haseltine said:

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

lou_harper said:

And those masculine metal shorts. OW, OW, OW - and that's before you hit the merciless desert sun.

Perhaps that is why it is currently described as an "Egyptian Worrier" (which I have reported, sorry to spoilsport).

I know the historical garment it's inspired by is a sort of skirt, but metal shorts is what it looks like to me. in the carousel promo.

Gets a sudden image of an ancient Egyptian all anxieitied about what sorts of alien machinery the Ga'uld are gonna drag into town THIS week...  laugh

Of course, the beauty of ancient Egyptian stuff is, it can also be used in certain sorts of space-opera settings.  Not just Stargate.  Even before Stargate came along, I'd actually been toying with the idea of a universe that had a high-tech, starfaring ancient Egyptian-style culture, partly because I'd seen a short-stories anthology book full of alternate-history stuff, which had on its cover a futuristic city, with dish aerials, electric lights, raised walkways and whatnot... all of which had an ancient Egyptian architectual bent.  Including pyramids.  (Oddly, a high-tech Egypt wasn't actually in any of those stories.)

• winmathwinmath Posts: 136

I keep losing tokens. The tokens don't stay in the cart after clearing. I lost 8 tokens on a gift card and a free item purchase. This has happened before and the tokens showed up in my account later. However, I guess the universe is telling me to stop buying for a while.

This discussion has been closed.