There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,833

winmath said:

I keep losing tokens. The tokens don't stay in the cart after clearing. I lost 8 tokens on a gift card and a free item purchase. This has happened before and the tokens showed up in my account later. However, I guess the universe is telling me to stop buying for a while.

If you want to remove applied tokens from a cart, you have to click the - sign next the the token count and bring it down to 0. Then you have to Apply those 0 tokens to the cart. Clearing the cart does not clear the number of applied tokens. It is a terrible system that has caused a lot of people to lose tokens. Submit a help request and ask to have the lost tokens returned to your account. Explain the circumstances that caused the tokens to be lost.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930

...the art deco era often played off of Egyptian motifs and styles. so artefacts and even clothing would fit well in such a period or world setting.

• youri_zyouri_z Posts: 150

winmath said:

I keep losing tokens. The tokens don't stay in the cart after clearing. I lost 8 tokens on a gift card and a free item purchase. This has happened before and the tokens showed up in my account later. However, I guess the universe is telling me to stop buying for a while.

The applied tokens stay applied even after you clear your cart and even if there is nothing in your cart to which they apply. It is what it is.

I've inadvertantly lost 8 tokens something like four times now because I cleared my cart to buy a gift certificate and forgot to reset the applied tokens. —Last weekend, in fact. Each time, I created a ticket and sales support returned my tokens within 48 hours. You can get them back.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

Charlie Judge said:

daveso said:

I did let my DAZ+ expire, but I already see the difference in pricing, and its overall sigificantly higher. If I were to start buying DAZ content again, I will for sure wait until I would renew my DAZ+, but that's going to take a significant discount as the value is good but not even close to what it used to be be. 

Yes, but think of all the money you are saving by not buying content because of the higher prices. wink 

Exactly. Most just blow right over my head now. yeslaugh 

• Well-played, Daz, you got some of my money when I had no plans of buying and only had two tokens left after I let some expire.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Well-played, Daz, you got some of my money when I had no plans of buying and only had two tokens left after I let some expire.

I have successfully not spent for 11 days, and today will make 12 as there was nothing I need.  when will a can't help myself sale occur?

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,684

I must be getting something wrong, the 'pre-friday' deal seems so insanely unattractive the way I understand it. Are we really supposed to buy TEN BUNDLES? I mean, ten single items is already quite an over-the-top buy-in to ask for, but - bundles?! This can't be right. Right?

• You're not the only one. That's a mighty high threshold in a month where people are saving for Black Friday and the like

• tsroemi said:

I must be getting something wrong, the 'pre-friday' deal seems so insanely unattractive the way I understand it. Are we really supposed to buy TEN BUNDLES? I mean, ten single items is already quite an over-the-top buy-in to ask for, but - bundles?! This can't be right. Right?

Yeah, that's just... wow.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,870

tsroemi said:

Yeah, I'm sure I could put together ten items I could justify buying for some of the perks, but I threw ten of the cheaper bundles in the category with the highest discount in a cart and my buyin would have been over $160.

edited November 2023

marcus.ames said:

You're not the only one. That's a mighty high threshold in a month where people are saving for Black Friday and the like

Oh no, so I'm reading this correctly! They can't be real. Who in the world would make use of this offer? The discounts aren't even that great. Maybe there's a typo somewhere ... surprise 

Edit: I see, Gordig tried it - 160 bucks buy-in?!?  

Post edited by tsroemi on
  • To make it worse, they plan to rotate it every 8 hours...

• Calliope23Calliope23 Posts: 530
    edited November 2023

I must have different taste than a lot of people because hardly any of these top selling bundles are on my wishlist. I don't have $160 to spend on DAZ content right now anyway.

Post edited by Calliope23 on

Calliope23 said:

I must have different taste than a lot of people because hardly any of these top selling bundles are on my wishlist. I don't have $160 to spend on DAZ content right now anyway.

Nothing in any of the categories is on my wishlist, actually, so you're not alone. And even if it was, I still wouldn't buy with this weird offer. 

• ElorElor Posts: 1,095
    edited November 2023

marcus.ames said:

To make it worse, they plan to rotate it every 8 hours...

It could lead to a cheaper cart, with categories like 'Top selling Poses' 'Top selling Props', etc.

The 'cheapest' 10-items cart is around $ 50 with the outfit bundles of 2022 and without any token.

Post edited by Elor on
  • Korpin.SulatKorpin.Sulat Posts: 414
    edited November 2023

Maybe so. But I also see the potential for fatigue by the time this is over. I'm one of those guys who will let a cart sit until 11pm Daz time to see if any coupon sales or anything like pop up. Fear of Missing Out is a common gimmick here, but this one invokes fear of missing out on what will come later rather than right now.

Post edited by Korpin.Sulat on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010

First a problem with the bundles is that one owns several items from a bundle and gets no compensation for it, not much interest in buying such bundle
    Second, "Discount does not stack", although it does at the moment but even with stacking the best discount is only 86-88% off per item, around 85% off for the cart

My tokens are good until end of Sunday => I can wait for real offers

• I thought I had misread.  Good grief.

• I came here to see what the sale really was, because I must have misread it. There's no way they'd try to make the buy in 10 bundles for a sale... 

Oh, I guess they did. OK then. I'm out.

• cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,411

10 bundles - that's just insane. I'm buying bundles less and lesser these days, as more than half of the content is something that doesn't interest me one bit. And now I'm supposed to buy 10 of these?

• jd641jd641 Posts: 454
    edited November 2023

mike.smith2005 said:

I came here to see what the sale really was, because I must have misread it. There's no way they'd try to make the buy in 10 bundles for a sale... 

Oh, I guess they did. OK then. I'm out.

After reading the last page here I'm glad I'm not even close to being the only one baffled at this horrible sale. If this really isn't a mistake I worry about what the rest of the months sales will look like. surprise

Post edited by jd641 on
  • caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,418

jd641 said:

After reading the last page here I'm glad I'm not even close to being the only one baffled at this horrible sale. If this really isn't a mistake I worry about what the rest of the months sales will look like. surprise

That depends on your sense of humour. Daz seems to have a great sense of humour... wink

• theflarftheflarf Posts: 136

Just came to laugh too laugh

Saw the $2.99 at first, then saw the buy-in requirements 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010

theflarf said:

Just came to laugh too laugh

Saw the $2.99 at first, then saw the buy-in requirements 

Even that is a joke... With no stacking one can get max. 88% off the $2,99 items. 

• it's saving me 100% because even if I could afford the buy in ( cannot) I own too much in many of the bundles to make it worth it anyway cheeky

• marcus.ames said:

To make it worse, they plan to rotate it every 8 hours...

For 72 hours!!

• mdingmding Posts: 1,205

The sales will come, this is just to make us hungry wink

• Okay, I'm not alone at wondering if the sale is real then. I just woke up, looked at the page and thought to myself where are the top sellers. I scrolled back up, clicked the top sellers hyperlink and it brought me to the bundles section and was like no way, this can't be right, I'll check the forums. Now I had a good laugh to wake up to seeing this thread. Guess I don't need to check the page every eight hours lol. 

• benniewoodell said:

Okay, I'm not alone at wondering if the sale is real then. I just woke up, looked at the page and thought to myself where are the top sellers. I scrolled back up, clicked the top sellers hyperlink and it brought me to the bundles section and was like no way, this can't be right, I'll check the forums. Now I had a good laugh to wake up to seeing this thread. Guess I don't need to check the page every eight hours lol. 

I think they are doing us a favour and telling us not to expect anything for 72 hours. Have ourselves a break! :D

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,283

My guess would be that, since the categories rotate every 8 hours, the bundles will rotate out, replaced by some other top-seller items, while items in the bonus selections will stay the same.

Also, last week I jokingly mentioned the possibility of Black Friday sales starting this week. Since it's come to pass, I'm considering bracing myself for March Madness to start some time late January next year. laugh

This discussion has been closed.