There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 326

But, but, .... guys! You also get a "free*" Black Friday Gift !!!

• Tomhip said:

To really make your day, I will give you an extra special offer...

I'll give you a PS5 completely free... if you pay me £500...

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

luckily there's always another sale. This one is a hard pass, made even worse becasue I let my DAZ+ elapse, so another 30% gone. Saving big money now. 

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,905

kyoto kid said:

daveso said:

Richard Haseltine said:

joanna said:

Too bad that the gods of algorigthm didn't grant me an orange banner today, as I've eyeing a pro bundle and the pro horse bundle looks interesting too. An extra discount would have come in handy and would probably be tempted to get both.

Oh well, back to deciding which one I want more, then.

The banner algorithm this tiems eems to be simply how many of the Genesis 9 Pro Bundles this month (the actual horseriders) had been purchased - I had three of the Pro bundles and got a 20% banner.

Thats my problem then. I haven't purchased a G9 bundle yet.  The pricing stops me flat out and now with my DAZ_ expiring, it will be useless to even look. Oh well... my  complaining about it shall cease. 

... I hear you, I'm burned out on having to dump yet hundreds more into a new generation particularly one that doesn't' appeal much to me (crikey, even Daz+ and the Weekly Freebies now feature G9 content).

I have one more month of Daz+ membership left and after 15+ years I am considering not renewing. as for myself, with G9 now the "norm" along with higher prices (including for Daz+ items), the value just isn't there anymore.

joanna said:

Richard Haseltine said:

PerttiA said:

Discounts tied to separate coupons each, not stacking even with the Daz+ 30% off... I wonder if this was it until the Christmas sales start.

Noth wishing to alarm anyone, but there is still Black Friday/Cyber Monday to come.

And it wouldn't be a surprise, if it started next week.

(Not pointing fingers at Daz in particular, it just seems that every year all online retailers try to start the Black Friday shenanigans early to hopefully beat competition.) 

...one of the grocery chains in my area actually had Yule holiday stuff up a week before Halloween. 

Home Depot put all their Halloween stuff on clearance two weeks before Halloween so that they would have more room for the Xmas stuff that had already been up since the beginning of October... by the week before Halloween, there were only a handful of stores left that had anything Halloween on their shelves besides candy and pumpkin carving kits... 

oliverallen said:

This Black Friday is pure click bait. No one in their right mind is 'taking advantage' of these savings. Very odd one to start the black friday sales with guys. Fingers crossed a more accessible promotion comes next. Completely alienates the hobbyists or indy developers here by putting such a high price tag on the requirements. 

Hope the next one will be for everyone :)

The thing that scares is that apparently these ads do work on the newbies, so someone is taking advantage of something.  Fine by me.  I've pretty much cleaned out the store of all the older items that I can ever conceive of possibly wanting, and while Renderosity isn't as cheap as DAZ is most of the time, they've been releasing a lot more of the "real world" stuff that I actually need.   

Tomhip said:

It's been long established that DAZ doesn't have the same understanding of the English language that the rest of the world does.  

• PerttiA said:

First a problem with the bundles is that one owns several items from a bundle and gets no compensation for it, not much interest in buying such bundle
    Second, "Discount does not stack", although it does at the moment but even with stacking the best discount is only 86-88% off per item, around 85% off for the cart

My tokens are good until end of Sunday => I can wait for real offers

I'm willing to entertain the idea when they get around to poses, lighting or shaders, maybe clothes.

• ShimrianShimrian Posts: 526

This sale is a hard pass for me. I hate rotating sales too, so double pass for me. =)

I spent enough in September and October that I'm good for the rest of the year. I'll still buy things with my coupons, but now is the time to buy others gifts, not more gifts for myself. I'll still wishlist new things I like and maybe they'll have a good boxing day sale?

• 5 top selling humans is more doable but not affordable by me devil

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,158

This sale makes it very easy for me not to spend a penny. :) I'm out of giftcards anyway.

• I'm shopped out from 2 big and long sales back to back, and quite honestly tired of looking through categories day after day after day. In talking to friends about what they picked up during the last sale,  one of the things most of them said was they didn't bother because they hate looking through big categories, especially day after day, and consequently they bought nothing or very little. Where I am, winters are very long and very cold, with associated heating costs. Christmas is less than 7 weeks away. That's where my money is going, heat, Christmas, and winter activities. This sale is not appealing to me at all, and especially not going through 9 iterations of it over 3 days. Racking up a credit card that isn't paid off before interest is incurred diminishes the savings, so quite pointless, and something I refuse to do. Ten items in one limited category is a big buy-in, and I'm certainly not buying 10 items that are not must-haves to get a few more at a higher discount. That being said, for someone who has extra money lying around, and/or missed the previous sales, and/or is a newcomer, there is an opportunity to pick up lots at a relatively decent discount. 

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

I have to admit that I am too l lazy to check every eight hours if anything on my wishlist appears with a lower price than it had during the last two sales... wink

• lou_harper said:

This sale makes it very easy for me not to spend a penny. :) I'm out of giftcards anyway.

+1. I have nine tokens that expire Friday and the way this sale is going I may lose them rather than buying anything. 

• Well, had a nosey. Figured I'd be happy to splurge a little and get 5 characters for some discounts on the other stuff since I have a little in my budget. Nope, looks like the only things that count are the 2023 items, which is all G9, and I have a big dislike of almost ALL the G9 characters, hence why I haven't bought any. Nevermind. Thanks Daz, you saved me some money today! I do have to laugh thinking that the buy-in earlier when I couldn't check was bundles of all things. :')

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,684
    edited November 2023

Such a strange sale really. There are things I'd much WANT to buy at a good price; why don't they just give me a chance to do that, instead of trying to force loads of unwanted stuff on me? I'd be spending money here either way. But I'd want to buy maybe two characters from different eras, and three clothing sets, and a shader. Not ten of each. Ten! I'm still not over that.

Edit: There's not even a counter for the changing hours, and the banner seems to remain the same throughout. Gosh, how unpractical and plain boring is this? Thanks but very much no thanks.

Post edited by tsroemi on
  • Calliope23Calliope23 Posts: 530
    edited November 2023

There are top humans that are interesting to me, and with a new Pre-Friday release (RawArt's Bugekko is so cute) and 8 tokens it might be worth it, however I am pretty much shopped out already.

I want this little critter! Lol.

https://www.daz3d.com/bugekko-for-genesis-9

Post edited by Calliope23 on
  • Seems like they toned it down a bit, though. From ten to five. So apparently they're listening.

• marcus.ames said:

Seems like they toned it down a bit, though. From ten to five. So apparently they're listening.

OK, so it looks like at best, if you get 5 things from the 2021 category that are already at 30% discount, and the cheapest "Pre Friday New Release", with 8 tokens, it's 90% off for the 2021 items and 76% off for the XI Futuristic CEO Cabin. With no tokens, that's 83% and 61% respectively.

I'm not interested in figures, a category which I believe still has three hours to go, but I'm game if there's decent offerings for categories that I do buy in.

Apparently, you even have to have all items from the same category to get the extra discount. 

Calliope23 said:

There are top humans that are interesting to me, and with a new Pre-Friday release (RawArt's Bugekko is so cute) and 8 tokens it might be worth it, however I am pretty much shopped out already.

I want this little critter! Lol.

https://www.daz3d.com/bugekko-for-genesis-9

He really is cute, probably the friendliest looking gecko in this galaxy ;-) Haven't any use for him unfortunately, but right now, there're coupons being sent out for an extra discount off new items. Might work for the critter for you! 

• jkjjkj Posts: 23

Not working with 5. Discount still needs 10. Not sure why. Will try later.

• Calliope23Calliope23 Posts: 530
    edited November 2023

tsroemi said:

He really is cute, probably the friendliest looking gecko in this galaxy ;-) Haven't any use for him unfortunately, but right now, there're coupons being sent out for an extra discount off new items. Might work for the critter for you! 

Thanks, I'm keeping an eye out.

Hmm, also, I scrolled down to the bottom of the sales page and realized there are Featured Artist items on sale.

Post edited by Calliope23 on
  • edited November 2023

I've barely even looked at the pre-Black Friday pages. The ONLY thing I am at all interested in this week is the music items that are 70% off, up to 3, with a coupon code and no buy-in!! 

Yes, you all read that right! Zero buy-in. 

BONUS! The code works like it's supposed to.

Post edited by miladyderyni_173d399f47 on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,322

What a Sale!!! 100% Off getting Nothing! 

Sales like this almost make me want to quit collecting - just use what I have already and stop coming to the store. Just my two-cents. 

edited November 2023

I've barely even looked at the pre-Black Friday pages. The ONLY thing I am at all interested in this week is the music items that are 70% off, up to 3, with a coupon code and no buy-in!! 

Yes, you all read that right! Zero buy-in. 

BONUS! The code works like it's supposed to.

Fantastic! Glad you got some Black Friday Yummies!!! Congrats!!!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010

Dartanbeck said:

Sales like this almost make me want to quit collecting - just use what I have already and stop coming to the store. Just my two-cents. 

A break in spending is not necessarily a bad thing, it has been crazy since March Madness, not many carts during the past 30 weeks that were not at least 90% off 

PerttiA said:

Dartanbeck said:

A break in spending is not necessarily a bad thing, it has been crazy since March Madness, not many carts during the past 30 weeks that were not at least 90% off 

Very true.  But even so, the schizophrenic nature of the marketing promotions... with rampant pants dropping super discounts piled on top of discounts across half the store one week followed by "deals in name only" that require ridiculously convoluted or exhorbitant buy-ins in order to get only modest discounts on a much smaller pool of items... is enough to give one whiplash.  Of course, as annoying as it may be for us from a customer's point of view, I can only imagine how messed up it is from a PA's, as the constantly fluctuating prices have to make it a lot harder to determine which items are selling because they're actually more attractive and which ones are only selling because they happened to be the one that fit the right point for triggering some arbitrarily created discount structure. 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

all I know is the with the prices high as they are, even items with 50-60% off are beyond what I'm willing to pay, and then add to it the buy-in requirements. I'm priced out of buying anything further from DAZ. An end to 20+ years of over spending here. DAZ+ items are closer to my price point, but there haven't been many that I even want, and basically none I need. I cannot remember anytime that I've used any of the free plants, or most of the sci-fi stuff from DAZ+ 

Am I done? That is a very high possbility. Now its more of a daily habit coming here, hard to break. I'm sure there will be a sale sooner or later that has me buying a few things. 

• This looks like a cut-and-paste error of some kind.

:30% off 'Pre-Friday' New Releases says:

Buy any ‘Pre-Friday’ New Releases and any 5 ‘Top Sellers’ to get an extra 20% off* ‘Pre-Friday’ items and ‘Top Sellers ’ items

And then under, that, 30% off Still New Releases says:

Buy any Still New Releases and any 5 ‘Top Sellers’ to get an extra 20% off* ‘Pre-Friday’ items and ‘Top Sellers ’ items

Which says you get a discount on Pre-Friday for buying Still-New.

So three possibilities I can see, all of which would be better served with different copy:

1. it's not the intended sale and should be fixed to reflect reality

2. it's not an error, but then it's most likely meaningless, because to use the discount on Pre-Friday items, you have to buy a Pre-Friday item, but by buying that item you trigger the first discount,making the second discount irrelevant so you shouldn't even mention it

3. it's not an error, and the deals stack, you get can 20% off Pre-Friday twice. but normaly if this were the case it would be described under Pre-Friday as well ("and get an ADDITIONAL 20% off...")

This discussion has been closed.