There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,634
    edited November 2023

Yesterday I had an orange banner offer for a specific new release at a low price and I bought it. Today I got another orange banner offering the same item for a dollar less than I paid yesterday. sad

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • joannajoanna Posts: 1,283

Charlie Judge said:

Yesterday I had an orange banner offer for a specific new release at a low price and I bought it. Today I got another orange banner offering the same item for a dollar less than I paid yesterday. sad

But only if you buy a new release with it. I don't know if the new item offered counts as such for it. If it does, then sad

• ShimrianShimrian Posts: 526

Charlie Judge said:

I know, I saw that too! Great way to sour your customers. :(

• joanna said:

Charlie Judge said:

But only if you buy a new release with it. I don't know if the new item offered counts as such for it. If it does, then sad

I tried it and yes it counts.

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,283

Charlie Judge said:

joanna said:

Charlie Judge said:

UGH. :S 

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,792

These stupid tokens made me buy more than I planned because I wanted to use them before they expire. Spent half the day yesterday putting things in and out of my cart. I got decent deals in the end but I know prices will be lower in the future but I probably wont have as many tokens. I'm trying to actually test items this time and already found 2-3 I will probably return. 

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,792

Charlie Judge said:

Same here. And I even had a new item in my cart at the time. Changing the price the very next day seems unethical to me. 

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,685

Wonderland said:

Charlie Judge said:

Same here. And I even had a new item in my cart at the time. Changing the price the very next day seems unethical to me. 

Happens rather often here, to me personally as well. It's not a good practice for sure. - I'm virtually holding my breath for this sale to end and some nice discounts to turn up on the things I actually want to buy before my tokens expire. Never has shopping been made so complicated ... 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930
    edited November 2023

Charlie Judge said:

joanna said:

Charlie Judge said:

....yeah, it works on the Sci-Fi Octopus, but I'm more interested in the Hellinic Agora 2 and that requires a new release buy in.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,634
    edited November 2023

kyoto kid said:

Charlie Judge said:

joanna said:

Charlie Judge said:

....yeah, it works on the Sci-Fi Octopus, but I'm more interested in the Hellenic Agora 2 and that requires a new release buy in.

What was meant is that Sci-Fi Octopus will trigger the $2.99 price for Hellenic Agora 2 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930

...ah I see.

Oops after 23:00 where I am (west  coast) so the store changed over.  However, today's "Early Steal" is a lot more up my alley as it would fit well in my cyber world stories.

• kyoto kid said:

...ah I see.

Oops after 23:00 where I am (west  coast) so the store changed over.  However, today's "Early Steal" is a lot more up my alley as it would fit well in my cyber world stories.

It's Xivon but not by Xivon?  has me confused (XI all over the place and looks like their style)

https://www.daz3d.com/xi-retro-futuristic-motorhome

• dortybassa said:

kyoto kid said:

...ah I see.

It's Xivon but not by Xivon?  has me confused (XI all over the place and looks like their style)

DAZ buyout

I grabbed it too yes 

• TriCounterTriCounter Posts: 505
    edited November 2023

WendyLuvsCatz said:

dortybassa said:

kyoto kid said:

...ah I see.

DAZ buyout

I grabbed it too yes 

Hmm... I've been clean for 3 or so weeks now since my Daz+ lapsed but may have to spend the $2.99 ;) 

I would quite like Penshaw monument but $13 is too much :(

Post edited by TriCounter on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,436

The three "Early Steals" have all been from this new PA "Absolute Studios", in three very different styles. DAZ Buyout, you say? Is this the new "DAZ Originals" without being DAZ Originals? "SciFi Octopus" is from Mely3D (another obvious style), and "Hellenic Agora 2" IS a DAZ Original, at least in the folder structure.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,305
    edited November 2023

... but the text and numbering of the props (6-10) are definitely a continuation of the Daz+ Agora I product credited to Merlin Studios (in the ReadMe and also on the store page the day I bought it, but now just showing as Daz Originals on the store page).

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,506

Here I was thinking that they would improve this sale somehow, but nope. Ten items to get bonuses? That's insane.

Are they trying to optimize the average dollar per transaction, at the expense of fewer transactions? Because that's the only thing I can think of here...

MelanieL said:

... but the text and numbering of the props (6-10) are definitely a continuation of the Daz+ Agora I product credited to Merlin Studios (in the ReadMe and also on the store page the day I bought it, but now just showing as Daz Originals on the store page).

The ReadMe page (now that they are back up and running) often has more info about the PA and/or creator than is shown on the product page. The implication I was making is that there is no DAZ Original pricing, and Hellenic Agora 1 was a DAZ+ item, to boot. Most, if not all, of Mely3D's products have been DAZ Originals and most of those have been DAZ+ also. Sounds like DAZ is getting around their own DAZ Originals perks by masking them as another PA, at full price. 

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,305

NorthOf45 said:

MelanieL said:

The ReadMe page (now that they are back up and running) often has more info about the PA and/or creator than is shown on the product page. The implication I was making is that there is no DAZ Original pricing, and Hellenic Agora 1 was a DAZ+ item, to boot. Most, if not all, of Mely3D's products have been DAZ Originals and most of those have been DAZ+ also. Sounds like DAZ is getting around their own DAZ Originals perks by masking them as another PA, at full price. 

Sorry, I wasn't disagreeing - I was just commenting that Agora 2 was probably by Merlin.

I didn't notice until you said this these three limited-time cheapies are not flagged as DOs - so that "Absolute Studios" name is indeed a fairly sneaky way to go!

• path for "Absolute Studios" motorhome in my library

I:\My DAZ 3D Library\Vehicles\Daz Originals

• ShimrianShimrian Posts: 526

Oh, so the new items will not be usable with the Daz member monthly coupon for Daz originals, but still be owned by Daz? Or is Absolute Studios just a collection of artists that don't want to be listed as Daz originals?

• Shimrian said:

Oh, so the new items will not be usable with the Daz member monthly coupon for Daz originals, but still be owned by Daz? Or is Absolute Studios just a collection of artists that don't want to be listed as Daz originals?

yeah, appears so 

• winmathwinmath Posts: 136

Dartanbeck said:

Sales like this almost make me want to quit collecting - just use what I have already and stop coming to the store. Just my two-cents. 

I agree 100%.

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 595

I bought the motorhome this morning and just installed it with DIM.  Strange thing is that it did not show up in Smart Content.  When I tracked it down in the mapped folders in the Content Library, I discovered that the product had no metadata to establish file type or categorization nor had a product been created in order for it to show up in Smart Content.  Easily fixable but …

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,685

winmath said:

Dartanbeck said:

Sales like this almost make me want to quit collecting - just use what I have already and stop coming to the store. Just my two-cents. 

I agree 100%.

I'm just waiting for it to end and some 'normal' discounts to come in before my tokens expire. 

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,158

jjoyner said:

I bought the motorhome this morning and just installed it with DIM.  Strange thing is that it did not show up in Smart Content.  When I tracked it down in the mapped folders in the Content Library, I discovered that the product had no metadata to establish file type or categorization nor had a product been created in order for it to show up in Smart Content.  Easily fixable but …

Have you reported it? They should do an update.

• tsroemi said:

winmath said:

Dartanbeck said:

I agree 100%.

I'm just waiting for it to end and some 'normal' discounts to come in before my tokens expire. 

I had to wait until today before a category/genre came along that interested me and had products at a price point I would consider, but I'm happy enough with a large cart I picked up at 85% off overall for 1/3 G9 items and 2/3 G8/G8.1 items. That's not quite as good of a discount as the height of the previous sales but the products I bought were decidedly newer.

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 595

lou_harper said:

jjoyner said:

Have you reported it? They should do an update.

Lou,

No, I didn't report it. Fixing the metadata issue was not difficult but I thought that it was a bit strange in that I've bought two other Xivon product (presuming that Xivon is part of Absolute Studios) in the past month and did not have this issue with either of them.

Vendors don't supply the metadata, that is a purely DAZ responsibility.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,912

tsroemi said:

winmath said:

Dartanbeck said:

I agree 100%.

Yep.  Today my cart was just the $2.99 item again.  Heck, even if I'd wanted to buy 10 items in one of the Top Seller categories I couldn't as there were never 10 that I didn't already own.  That's kind of the fundemental flaw with Top Seller sales, especially when most of the items have already been discounted more during previous sales.           

This discussion has been closed.