There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,685

Oooooh no, here comes yet another round of the most unattractive sale of the year ... crying 

• "Quick, buy now, you only have 72 hours! But wait, you only have 8 hours! It's 9 sales crammed into three days, all with the same hard-to-reach, complicated thresholds!"

"We're sorry you missed out on that and totally didn't just bide your time for three days for it to end. Just for you, we're gonna do this for TWO MORE DAYS!!!"

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,685

marcus.ames said:

"Quick, buy now, you only have 72 hours! But wait, you only have 8 hours! It's 9 sales crammed into three days, all with the same hard-to-reach, complicated thresholds!"

"We're sorry you missed out on that and totally didn't just bide your time for three days for it to end. Just for you, we're gonna do this for TWO MORE DAYS!!!"

'It's all for your convenience, you know!' 

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,240
    edited November 2023

So I click on the link to check out the selection of freebies ... and nope, not free. Indeed most are full price. So clicked on the "learn more" ... 

This is getting old fast. Expecting people to spend over $100 in order to get "a freebie" advertised as a freebie, is ridiculous. IMHO.

Screenshot 2023-11-11 at 05-33-30 Catch-Up Weekend Pre-Black Friday Deals.png
    1054 x 334 - 118K
    Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930

tsroemi said:

Oooooh no, here comes yet another round of the most unattractive sale of the year ... crying 

....to paraphrase Steve McCroskey from "Airplane!":..

"That's just what we were expecting they would do". 

• Calliope23Calliope23 Posts: 530
    edited November 2023

Hmm, the Genesis 3 blowout looks nice; except I already blew my discretionary funds. Oh well! There's always another sale. I should go render some of the G3 stuff I have that I haven't rendered. Is there a thread for renders of old stuff you haven't used yet? I think I will browse the galleries some more too. Looking forward to the the actual Black Friday and Thanksgiving too. And holiday loyalty sales in December!

Aha, this is the thread I was looking for:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/657491/render-your-buys-all-time-challenges#latest

Post edited by Calliope23 on
  • I'm not buying anything today. I refuse to shop on Remembrance Day / Veteran's Day / Armistice Day. 

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,158

I spent ten bucks yesterday getting the 2.99 things and using the D+ DD brick shaders as new item. I love those Digital Delirioum shaders.

Today I'm getting the Polaris Props and that's it.

• lou_harper said:

I spent ten bucks yesterday getting the 2.99 things and using the D+ DD brick shaders as new item. I love those Digital Delirioum shaders.

I don't own all the required products; so I'm not even buying that one. 

• The pre-Black Friday thing is atrocious, but the G3 blowout is right up my street! I love using older products and messing with them until they look as good as/better than the most fancy, modern things. I don't have a lot of spare funds at the moment, so I can't get everything I want, but picking up a few goodies. Much better than the pre-Black Friday thing.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,912

Orange bar offer:  Enjoy An Extra 10% off the entire store all weekend... EXCEPT if you want to use the coupon for the G3 Blowout sale which is, of course, the only sale that hasn't been running for three days straight already...   

All I can say is, if this is the Pre-Black Friday sale, just how amazingly terrible is the actual Black Friday sale going to be?  "Free poke in the eye with every purchase?"  

• Cybersox said:

Orange bar offer:  Enjoy An Extra 10% off the entire store all weekend... EXCEPT if you want to use the coupon for the G3 Blowout sale which is, of course, the only sale that hasn't been running for three days straight already...   

All I can say is, if this is the Pre-Black Friday sale, just how amazingly terrible is the actual Black Friday sale going to be?  "Free poke in the eye with every purchase?"  

Does anybody know if this orange bar offer is useable muliple times? 

Charlie Judge said:

Cybersox said:

Does anybody know if this orange bar offer is useable muliple times? 

It says "Enjoy an extra 10% off weekend," which implies it's reusuable... but then again, they also use the word "blowout" for the G3 promotion and then slapped that with a 10 item max, making it pretty much the opposite of what a blow out is suppoosed to mean.  >-<  Since the odds of DAZ actually clarifying this before the weekend is over is about 20%, someone's probably going to have to try it to find out... assuming that there's anything that they want to buy where 10% makes a difference.  

Nerevarine said:

The pre-Black Friday thing is atrocious, but the G3 blowout is right up my street! I love using older products and messing with them until they look as good as/better than the most fancy, modern things. I don't have a lot of spare funds at the moment, so I can't get everything I want, but picking up a few goodies. Much better than the pre-Black Friday thing.

...the nice part about G3 clothing is that it works pretty well with G8 and is not dForce.  The downside is there isn't much left that I don't already have. 

kyoto kid said:

Nerevarine said:

The pre-Black Friday thing is atrocious, but the G3 blowout is right up my street! I love using older products and messing with them until they look as good as/better than the most fancy, modern things. I don't have a lot of spare funds at the moment, so I can't get everything I want, but picking up a few goodies. Much better than the pre-Black Friday thing.

...the nice part about G3 clothing is that it works pretty well with G8 and is not dForce.  The downside is there isn't much left that I don't already have. 

Ditto. There are less than a dozen "real" G3 real outfits (that means not counting the ones that are morphs for the G3 figure with a texture set) left in the store that I don't have yet, and of course only three of those are in the 'blowout" sale. Fortunately they still make new outfits for G3 at Rendo and some of the other sites.

..they do but a lot of it is on the more...*ahem.*..."revealing" side. 

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,348

80% for G3 stuff sounds good, but the discount for stuff that age and older was even better throughout the september PA sale.

edited November 2023

...ah the extra 10% in the banner is a separate code so it does not stack with the G3 Blowout sale . Still did find a few items worth picking up.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Today's email newsletter was worded much better, thank you.

Charlie Judge said:

lou_harper said:

I don't own all the required products; so I'm not even buying that one. 

As I understand the props load fine without the required product. With them they load in place.

• columbinecolumbine Posts: 386
    edited November 2023

If you are looking at MK204 and you're thinking, as I did, "This is a nice enough little robot, but why is that recessed surface on the front not a video screen or a window? Why put a rim around it and bolt it down if it wasn't meant to be a video screen or a window? Why recess it at all?" ... and are wondering how hard it'd be to convert it into having a screen or window: the answer is, not hard at all if you have a separate image editor where you can create and save a custom opacity map (it's one of the simplest custom maps I've ever done, a black circle precisely positioned on a white surface. I even deliberately left a few "dirt spots" in the window area just for a challenge).

Comments on process are in the image. (Zoom all the way in, it's biggish.) The starting point I used for the custom opacity map was its metallicity surface #2, which was already in b/w and thus required less color tweaking. Don't forget to save your opacity map as a fresh file and not overwrite the one you started from! Then just position a 6-foot sphere primitive in the chamber and surface it as you like. I didn't bother putting in a black wall to hide the engine glow, and a seat and a console, in the second image; I leave that to your imagination.

MK204.jpg
    1008 x 2016 - 1M
    Post edited by columbine on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,866

Iconic Couple Poses model's dress could use some help from SY Detriangulator. It works if you work it.

Iconic Couple Poses for Genesis 9, 8 and 3 by: 3D Sugar, 3D Models by Daz 3D

columbine said:

If you are looking at MK204 and you're thinking, as I did, "This is a nice enough little robot, but why is that recessed surface on the front not a video screen or a window? Why put a rim around it and bolt it down if it wasn't meant to be a video screen or a window? Why recess it at all?" ... and are wondering how hard it'd be to convert it into having a screen or window: the answer is, not hard at all if you have a separate image editor where you can create and save a custom opacity map (it's one of the simplest custom maps I've ever done, a black circle precisely positioned on a white surface. I even deliberately left a few "dirt spots" in the window area just for a challenge).

Comments on process are in the image. (Zoom all the way in, it's biggish.) The starting point I used for the custom opacity map was its metallicity surface #2, which was already in b/w and thus required less color tweaking. Don't forget to save your opacity map as a fresh file and not overwrite the one you started from! Then just position a 6-foot sphere primitive in the chamber and surface it as you like. I didn't bother putting in a black wall to hide the engine glow, and a seat and a console, in the second image; I leave that to your imagination.

That's cool! Yeah, if you look at that side as the front, it really needs something there. 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010

lou_harper said:

columbine said:

That's cool! Yeah, if you look at that side as the front, it really needs something there. 

Googly eyes? 

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,897

FINALLY a decent gift card sales... it's been forever. Thank you!

• PerttiA said:

lou_harper said:

columbine said:

Googly eyes? 

Now there's a thought.

Hylas said:

By chance I had bought a 70eur prepaid MC for another store, now wishing I had put more on it, but still smiley

Hylas said:

I just happened to have two new releases barel over $5 in my cart already, so it worked out perfectly. :)

Pleasant surprise... Yesterday I collected a $40 cart, but decided to wait until end of today to push the validity of earned tokens until end of Sunday.

When I refreshed the cart now, it had gone down to $27.82 smiley

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 327

The "Classic Gems" is pretty good value, a pro bundle with 6 tokens and code goes to $13 at 90% off.

This discussion has been closed.