There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

I felt the same way. had to take a little break. Then that happened! Yikes. Kind of put me in the mood, so I went back in and... sure enough. the Wish List sale granted me a fine freebie indeed with my Daz + coupon.

Cool. Now I can take a break?

I don't know... free sales always inspire me for more!!! LOL

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930

Cybersox said:

joanna said:

Just in case someone misses it: according to the new banner on the main page, Daz Tokens are going away.

Yeah, that figures.  Eliminate Tokens right before Black Friday so that the deals will be even worse than the ones in their dissapointing Pre-Black Friday promotion.  DAZ has been doing their best to walk my business as of late and Tokens were one of the main things keeping me buying on a regular basis, so I suspect this may ultimately hurt DAZ worse than me if I'm at all typical.    

....indeed. Well, at least i have my last months worth of Daz+ coupons to use before my membership expires. 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930

...so is anyone else as confused as I am about how today's sale works?

Crikey I studied advanced calculus and abstract algebra and it still has me scratching my head. 

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898
    kyoto kid said:

Crikey I studied advanced calculus and abstract algebra and it still has me scratching my head. 

this is usually the sign for me to leave the store for the day. My mantra has changed from "there is always another sale" to "there is always another sale that's actually comprehensible."
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010

kyoto kid said:

To get the "extra 50% off* all items", one must have 5 items from "‘Scouted’ New Releases" or 5 items from "Featured Artist Stores & Top Sellers" in the cart

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 327

PerttiA said:

kyoto kid said:

To get the "extra 50% off* all items", one must have 5 items from "‘Scouted’ New Releases" or 5 items from "Featured Artist Stores & Top Sellers" in the cart

I put 5 pose packs from my wishlist and they went to 91% Off, before any tokens.... pretty sweat deal.

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,284

Tomhip said:

I put 5 pose packs from my wishlist and they went to 91% Off, before any tokens.... pretty sweat deal.

And on top of that, monthly Daz+ coupons will work too (well, depending on what you have in the cart). But yes, putting any 5 items from the featured artists triggers the discount, so technically, you don't need any new releases = no buy in. 

• The Lighting  deals are jumping up in price in the cart again

Capture2.JPG
    1928 x 1080 - 160K
    Capture.JPG
    1928 x 1080 - 216K
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010

joanna said:

Tomhip said:

And on top of that, monthly Daz+ coupons will work too (well, depending on what you have in the cart). But yes, putting any 5 items from the featured artists triggers the discount, so technically, you don't need any new releases = no buy in. 

But one can't use the monthly Daz+ coupon, if one already uses the coupons from yesterdays sale, which have no restriction on how many times they can be used and which combined with todays 50% off gives DO items 97% off without using any tokens. 

PerttiA said:

joanna said:

Tomhip said:

But one can't use the monthly Daz+ coupon, if one already uses the coupons from yesterdays sale, which have no restriction on how many times they can be used and which combined with todays 50% off gives DO items 97% off without using any tokens. 

That cannot possibly be intentional :D

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275

Buy X items of this to get Y% of of that, it's not working probably because it's too confusing because it's made too complicated so screw it, I'm not wasting my time on it, no sale for you, Daz.

• PitmaticPitmatic Posts: 872
    edited November 2023

I took the plunge on Mira as I could buy the parts of the starter bundle (that i wanted) for way less seperately. (I gave up working DAZ maths out ages ago i just plonk stuff in the cart and see what happens)

Mira 9 HD $6.13
    Mira 9 HD Makeup Collection $2.45
    Nocturne Outfit for Genesis 9 $3.06

Post edited by Pitmatic on
  • Aztec Pyramids 2 is in today's new releases. Was there ever a Aztec Pyramids 1?

• Charlie Judge said:

Aztec Pyramids 2 is in today's new releases. Was there ever a Aztec Pyramids 1?

I was puzzled by that, I certainly don't recall one. Though at a glance they looked more Maya to me.

• AstraffelAstraffel Posts: 205
    edited November 2023

Seems a similar oddity of release order to the Polaris Props releasing before the Polaris Hangar. I am really looking forward to seeing the other set though!

edit: The features lists pyramids 5-8 and so should be 1-4 in the phantom Aztec Pyramids 1 set, I imagine.

Post edited by Astraffel on
  • Tokens went away in the past... will be back after they make sure they don't give too much away for the Holidays

• the wish list sale is going all over the place in cart and monthly coupon i6 off 18 nvalid when going through working out items sometimes and the walking survivor vehicle new release has been 9+ 7 and $5 and had other items totaled 18+ coupon wiuldn't work and when did some things jumped in price and tried using tokens deleted coupon in checkout tried so many variations but prices keep changing after 3am too tired giving up 

ANGELREAPER1972 said:

the wish list sale is going all over the place in cart and monthly coupon i6 off 18 nvalid when going through working out items sometimes and the walking survivor vehicle new release has been 9+ 7 and $5 and had other items totaled 18+ coupon wiuldn't work and when did some things jumped in price and tried using tokens deleted coupon in checkout tried so many variations but prices keep changing after 3am too tired giving up 

6 of 18 coupon excludes new releases, so you have to have a total of $18 of non-new products in the cart for it to work. 

If the sale confuses me and I want to see what's going on, I just drop some stuff in the cart and watch what happens. 

Wow did I ever score yesterday.

After our meeting today I'm going to beg Rosie for another "Small Purchase" :)

joanna said:

ANGELREAPER1972 said:

the wish list sale is going all over the place in cart and monthly coupon i6 off 18 nvalid when going through working out items sometimes and the walking survivor vehicle new release has been 9+ 7 and $5 and had other items totaled 18+ coupon wiuldn't work and when did some things jumped in price and tried using tokens deleted coupon in checkout tried so many variations but prices keep changing after 3am too tired giving up 

6 of 18 coupon excludes new releases, so you have to have a total of $18 of non-new products in the cart for it to work. 

Such a great coupon! I score some really nice gear with that one all year! Loves me my Daz +!!!

Special thanks to the DO coupon and the Wish List Sale, this was my monthly Daz + coupon freebie!!! Thanks Charlie and Daz 3d... it's Perfect!!!

• TriCounterTriCounter Posts: 505
    edited November 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

Charlie Judge said:

Aztec Pyramids 2 is in today's new releases. Was there ever a Aztec Pyramids 1?

I was puzzled by that, I certainly don't recall one. Though at a glance they looked more Maya to me.

More packs in the pipeline?.. These are 5,6,7 and 8... They have 10 in this pack alone on Unreal

https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/en-US/product/aztec-mayan-pyramids

Post edited by TriCounter on

Between all the discounts, tokens, coupons and by use my super power of trying to put random stuff into my cart to see how much it costs...., I somehow managed to get Van Helsing 9 HD Pro Bundle to $8.33

Tomhip said:

Between all the discounts, tokens, coupons and by use my super power of trying to put random stuff into my cart to see how much it costs...., I somehow managed to get Van Helsing 9 HD Pro Bundle to $8.33

Nice! I only have 4 tokens, but  $12 and some change that it shows for in my cart is still a steal for a pro bundle. Especially that I don't own a single item from it.

Now I'm trying to argue with myself which of the other 18 products in the cart should stay in it...

Tomhip said:

I Love these kind of Happy Accidents!!!

Congrats! That's a nice looking bundle!

joanna said:

Tomhip said:

Nice! I only have 4 tokens, but  $12 and some change that it shows for in my cart is still a steal for a pro bundle. Especially that I don't own a single item from it.

Now I'm trying to argue with myself which of the other 18 products in the cart should stay in it...

Just buy it All! You deserve it!

Dartanbeck said:

Just buy it All! You deserve it!

I did get paid today, so it's tempting :D. Too bad I can't pay my book editor with renders... ;)

• Xandyr78Xandyr78 Posts: 109

So...the sale promo says buy 5 "Scouted" new releases to get an EXTRA 50% off of them...all five items in my cart are from that list, but they are definitely NOT mathing out to getting an additional 50% off the price listed on my sales screen.  See attached screenshots.  Can anyone help?  The price for the cart isn't a bad thing at all...but it doesn't add up the way the sale SAYS it will, which is my concern.

Sale_screen.jpg
    1899 x 981 - 339K
    Cart_Screen.jpg
    1916 x 980 - 183K
  • They're all right around 5/7 of the advertised price. This is consistent with replacing the 30% intro discount with a 50% discount, which is not the expected behavior.

• AstraffelAstraffel Posts: 205
    edited November 2023

@Xandyr78

If it's: 30% for Daz Original + 30% for new + 50% for the five

Then for your first item at a base price of 24.99 it seems to work out as:

24.99 * 0.7 = 17.493 * 0.7 = 12.2451 * 0.5 = 6.12255

Which matches your 6.12 price for that item when rounded down.

edit: grammar

Post edited by Astraffel on
This discussion has been closed.