There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,490
    edited November 2023

I think I've figured it out. A little above the top of your screenshot, it says "EXTRA 30% off ‘Scouted’ New Releases", which is reflected in the advertised prices. It looks like you don't get both that and the "extra 50% off all items".

Post edited by murgatroyd314 on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,874
    edited November 2023

An extra 50% off should result in a total 83.5% discount, bringing, for example, the FE hair down to $3.96. What's important to note is that an extra 50% discount does NOT halve the price you see before you add it to cart. What's strange is that I can't figure out how the items are 66% off to begin with. 30% for Daz Originals, 30% for new releases, right? That would make them 51% off before the extra 50%, which would yield a 75.5% total discount...which is actually what some of the prices are in the poster's cart.

Post edited by Gordig on
  • AstraffelAstraffel Posts: 205
    edited November 2023

Ohhh, if your looking at the initial discount, that is confusing!

$24.99 at 66% off should be 8.4966 no? (24.99 * 0.34)

Or perhaps I'm reading or calculating something wrong.

edit: referencing the playful bob at the top of their list

edit2: Oh, I think 66 is just the closest whole number. Increasing or decreasing the percentage by one percent results in a bigger disparity. Nevermind. Sorry, for adding to any confusion.

Post edited by Astraffel on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,914

Charlie Judge said:

Aztec Pyramids 2 is in today's new releases. Was there ever a Aztec Pyramids 1?

That PA does a lot of products that are numbered 1, 2, etc., all of which are DAZ Originals, and most seem to tie in to products a PA by the same name sells as game assets and that PA has an Aztec Temple set at ArtStation.  That's probably the "1". 

• AstraffelAstraffel Posts: 205
    edited November 2023

Gordig said:

An extra 50% off should result in a total 83.5% discount, bringing, for example, the FE hair down to $3.96. What's important to note is that an extra 50% discount does NOT halve the price you see before you add it to cart. What's strange is that I can't figure out how the items are 66% off to begin with. 30% for Daz Originals, 30% for new releases, right? That would make them 51% off before the extra 50%, which would yield a 75.5% total discount...which is actually what some of the prices are in the poster's cart.

Apologies for one more round of my likely bad math, but I think you saw the problem better (than me).

The 66% would line up with 30% (DO) + 30% (new) + 30% from the title saying "extra 30% off 'scouted' new releases' which doesn't seem to apply to the cart?

0.7 * 0.7 * 0.7 = 0.343 matching the 66?

edit: Oh, of course! The cropped text in the promo shows that third 30% getting upgraded to 50% which explains it??

Post edited by Astraffel on
  • murgatroyd314 said:

I think I've figured it out. A little above the top of your screenshot, it says "EXTRA 30% off ‘Scouted’ New Releases", which is reflected in the advertised prices. It looks like you don't get both that and the "extra 50% off all items".

Ahh, I missunderstood their problem twice before figuring out what you had already explained. I think I'll call it a night before I risk "helping" anyone else. lol

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,520

While I'm aware it's a common Asian name, this borders on a r/GraphicDesignFail post, using a hard-to-read orange font that blends in and odd typesetting that makes the most obvious text from a distance say "Show Off Your Wang".

• ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,457
    edited November 2023

joanna_4351886 said:

ANGELREAPER1972 said:

the wish list sale is going all over the place in cart and monthly coupon i6 off 18 nvalid when going through working out items sometimes and the walking survivor vehicle new release has been 9+ 7 and $5 and had other items totaled 18+ coupon wiuldn't work and when did some things jumped in price and tried using tokens deleted coupon in checkout tried so many variations but prices keep changing after 3am too tired giving up 

6 of 18 coupon excludes new releases, so you have to have a total of $18 of non-new products in the cart for it to work. 

these were all non new releases I picked from my wishlist but it also affected the new release in my cart as the price kept going all over the place too

tried again few changes but think I know why, the stuff I picked from my wish list for the wish list sale a lot of my wish list stuff also is in the scouted sale so guess it kept getting cofused didn't know how to work out the prices clashing in the sales but got to use both my coupon and tokens this time even got good discount on the new release

Post edited by ANGELREAPER1972 on
  • Matt_Castle said:

While I'm aware it's a common Asian name, this borders on a r/GraphicDesignFail post, using a hard-to-read orange font that blends in and odd typesetting that makes the most obvious text from a distance say "Show Off Your Wang".

I would say that was intentional cheeky 

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

Matt_Castle said:

I would say that was intentional cheeky 

pretty funny didn't think daz had it in them 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010

Wishlisted DO items + Coupon Code CLASSIC-GEMS still rocks, even without using any tokens.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930
    edited November 2023

Matt_Castle said:

...I noticed that too.  Easier when you have tired old eyes like mine

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,418

Richard Haseltine said:

Charlie Judge said:

Aztec Pyramids 2 is in today's new releases. Was there ever a Aztec Pyramids 1?

I was puzzled by that, I certainly don't recall one. Though at a glance they looked more Maya to me.

They are definitely Mayan, but they are well made. You can always expect quality from Enterables. An immediate purchase.

• The stars finally aligned and a G8 character on my wishlist popped up in lightning deals. Combined with the coupons and tokens, cost a whopping 20 cents.

• PerttiA said:

Wishlisted DO items + Coupon Code CLASSIC-GEMS still rocks, even without using any tokens.

I'm out of "Classic" wishlisted items. Down to two "Recent"... 

• marcus.ames said:

The stars finally aligned and a G8 character on my wishlist popped up in lightning deals. Combined with the coupons and tokens, cost a whopping 20 cents.

Wow! That is amazing! I keep hoping one of my Wishlisted items will show up. Especially if it's one that qualifies for a Wishlist Code.

Yesterday I had the V9 Brave Highlander Bundle show up but passed, since I am not into G9 & especially not V9's eyes. I hope this means V9 & Company are popping up in Lightning Deals for those who are fans.

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

caravelle said:

You can always expect quality from Enterables.

Weird... whenever I check the promo pictures of buildings made by them I discover stuff that would lead to immediate breakdown of (mostly) roofs...

But people have different preferences wink

Some are saying that the prices here are too high... Dunno...

Ps. No tokens used.

OneCart.JPG
    869 x 1051 - 94K
  • Xandyr78Xandyr78 Posts: 109
    edited November 2023

Astraffel said:

@Xandyr78

If it's: 30% for Daz Original + 30% for new + 50% for the five

Then for your first item at a base price of 24.99 it seems to work out as:

24.99 * 0.7 = 17.493 * 0.7 = 12.2451 * 0.5 = 6.12255

Which matches your 6.12 price for that item when rounded down.

edit: grammar

Oh, [my goodness], is that convoluted.  LOL.  But thank you for that succinct and clear explanation.  It helps tremendously!  I do wish DAZ were a bit more...transparent in how these sorts of things work.  The sheer number of levels of discount (not to mention what WILL stack versus what WON'T stack) gets a bit overwhelming.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond!

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • no noseno nose Posts: 306

Daz tokens are apparantly going away soon, I guess not enough people were buying in 4 day windows

• Xandyr78 said:

Astraffel said:

@Xandyr78

If it's: 30% for Daz Original + 30% for new + 50% for the five

Then for your first item at a base price of 24.99 it seems to work out as:

24.99 * 0.7 = 17.493 * 0.7 = 12.2451 * 0.5 = 6.12255

Which matches your 6.12 price for that item when rounded down.

edit: grammar

Oh, HOOOOOOOLYYYYYYYYYY crap, is that convoluted.  LOL.  But thank you for that succinct and clear explanation.  It helps tremendously!  I do wish DAZ were a bit more...transparent in how these sorts of things work.  The sheer number of levels of discount (not to mention what WILL stack versus what WON'T stack) gets a bit overwhelming.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond!

I'm happy it helped!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

joanna said:

Dartanbeck said:

Just buy it All! You deserve it!

I did get paid today, so it's tempting :D. Too bad I can't pay my book editor with renders... ;)

How do you know, have you tried?

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,284

Dartanbeck said:

I did get paid today, so it's tempting :D. Too bad I can't pay my book editor with renders... ;)

How do you know, have you tried?

Fair point. I just have a feeling it won't go well.

And I just might have to, because those discounts of over 90% were too tempting to pass. ;)

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

I'm So Bad!!! devil

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,284

Dartanbeck said:

I'm So Bad!!! devil

You're good. Discounts are bad. No, wait, they're good, too good... I'm bad, apparently, at not buying more stuff.

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 327

Well after previous excelent daily sales, all I can hear now are crickets :p
    Expected a bit more from token farewell sale....

Tomhip said:

Well after previous excelent daily sales, all I can hear now are crickets :p
    Expected a bit more from token farewell sale....

Yeah... I have 8 tokens left, but if these are the offers, I may just let them expire. 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

i had 8 items in cart that were 82% off from the other day. Today the banner went away and now $229. Snooze you lose. Well, DAZ lost too. 

• Hmm, I also have tokens in hand but am underwhelmed by the day's offerings. Half of my tokens expire today and I might let them go.

• I'm also thinking of just letting mine expire. I'm shopped out and at the point of clicking through the pages, but pretty much zoned out.

This discussion has been closed.