There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• I only had two tokens, and wasn't sure if there was anything worth spending them on.

But then they disappeared (still had 12 hours left on them).  I think I must have accidently spent them on free stuff, although I'm not sure how.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

always another. some are good, some OK, and some just not worth looking at. 

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

joanna said:

Dartanbeck said:

I'm So Bad!!! devil

You're good. Discounts are bad. No, wait, they're good, too good... I'm bad, apparently, at not buying more stuff.

Good! You need stuff. Besides, doesn't it feel Really good to buy new stuff?!!! I love buying new stuff!!! :)

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010

Still waiting for the good deals.

HOLIDAY-SHOPPING has the discount, but the list is only G3 and older

the_assassin said:

I only had two tokens, and wasn't sure if there was anything worth spending them on.

But then they disappeared (still had 12 hours left on them).  I think I must have accidently spent them on free stuff, although I'm not sure how.

In the reporting thread, mods recommended reporting this with a ticket to support

I guess you're not the only one

sazzyazzca said:

I'm also thinking of just letting mine expire. I'm shopped out and at the point of clicking through the pages, but pretty much zoned out.

I thought about doing the same, but check out what I got for $5 and change with my two!

Finally!!! I've wanted Rosie to have this Gumi Nanobot and Jetpack ForEver!!!

Cool Freaking Gun and other Cool Tools Too!!!

edited November 2023

I have collected all of the clones products and never ever let generation compatibility stop me from grabbing really cool legacy gear!

Rosie 8's Cyberpunk Street Girl attire is made up of a G8F shirt, Complicated Eve for V4 pants, guns and boots, and goggles are from V4 Brazen

Medieval Rosie wears Awful Soul's Platina Armor for V3, Bracers from AlfaseeD Onslaught Sisterhood for V4, Boots from Y'vas for G8F and Sword from The Legend for G8F 

Edit: Ooops. In this particular image, she's wearing bracers from The Legend. Usually she's wearing the Onslaught Sisterhood bracers 

Moderator Edit: Rosie's image has been removed due to not enough coverage to comply with ToS for her chest crying

Post edited by Elliandra on
  • PerttiA said:

Still waiting for the good deals.

HOLIDAY-SHOPPING has the discount, but the list is only G3 and older

I did find a few possibilities in the "Thankful for our Artists" sale. It's stuff that's been cheaper with all the discounts piled on at various points in recent weeks, but offered again at prices I'll consider as I do some mopping up of a few things I overlooked earlier.

For the most part though, not super-excited at the offerings this weekend. 

Ended without a "bang"... Used my last 8 tokens on a $3.48 cart at 95% off.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,914

Seriously, they're trying the stupid punchcard thing again? 

• Yeah, I saw "Punch Card" and thought - before I even read the details - "Guess Daz forgot everyone hates those."

On the other hand, you don't have to spend as much as with Tokens  to get the maximum discount, and the rules are simpler than most Daz sales. So I will keep an open mind.

If tokens are bad, punchcard is bad, everything is bad, what would be the acceptable method of rewarding ones that are spending more than just a few dollars now and then?

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898

I don't love the new punch card sale but I don't hate it either. It's fine.

If memory serves, what made the last punch card sale so awful was that 1) it would reset to zero if you missed a single day, and 2) the graphics illustrating your punch card status didn't work properly, causing a lot of confusion.

1) has been changed now and the rules seem straight-forward enough, and let's hope there won't be a repeat of 2).

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,284

Hylas said:

If memory serves, what made the last punch card sale so awful was that 1) it would reset to zero if you missed a single day, and 2) the graphics illustrating your punch card status didn't work properly, causing a lot of confusion.

1) has been changed now and the rules seem straight-forward enough, and let's hope there won't be a repeat of 2).

2 seems to be already happening. My punchcard shows the first 15% unlocked, and it's not applying. Seeing as I haven't bought anything yet (and the punchcards usually apply only on the following day), it shouldn't be showing. If it's the "Daz+ members get one punch free" like the last year, it should be applying.

edited November 2023

joanna said:

Hylas said:

2 seems to be already happening. My punchcard shows the first 15% unlocked, and it's not applying. Seeing as I haven't bought anything yet (and the punchcards usually apply only on the following day), it shouldn't be showing. If it's the "Daz+ members get one punch free" like the last year, it should be applying.

It remembers the ones purchased during the last three days.

I made purchases on Friday and Sunday and I have two punchcards unlocked, showing me 25% off, although I get only 15% off in the cart.

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • PerttiA said:

joanna said:

Hylas said:

I made purchases on Friday and Sunday and I have two punchcards unlocked, showing me 25% off, although I get only 15% off in the cart.

I'm not sure if the Friday purchase counts. I purchased Friday and Sunday as well and only have one, which does apply in the cart at 15% I think DAZ needs to clarify what's what with this punch card thing.

• sazzyazzca said:

PerttiA said:

joanna said:

Hylas said:

I'm not sure if the Friday purchase counts. I purchased Friday and Sunday as well and only have one, which does apply in the cart at 15% I think DAZ needs to clarify what's what with this punch card thing.

Well, it does state that if you miss a day  you lose day you lose a punch. So, possbly you lost the punch from Friday because you didn't purchase on Saturday. 

However, I do agree that some further clarification would be helpful. 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

but, if there is nothing you want, do you just lose a punch right off?

• Charlie Judge said:

sazzyazzca said:

PerttiA said:

joanna said:

Hylas said:

Well, it does state that if you miss a day  you lose day you lose a punch. So, possbly you lost the punch from Friday because you didn't purchase on Saturday. 

However, I do agree that some further clarification would be helpful. 

Neither of us purchased Saturday. 

sazzyazzca said:

I haven't made any purchases since Friday.

But then, there's still the problem: I either have the punch card displaying wrong or I have no discount for the punch card displaying right.

And it's only the first day of the punch card promotion...

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898
    Lol, i guess i take back what i said about the rules being straight forward
  • daveso said:

Yes, if you don't make a $1+ purchase you lose a punch, I think - though that may be slightly misphrased, I don't know if it means that or if it means you potentially lose a punch if you had one for the first of the group of three days. I will ask.

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275
    Punch sales are back! The wallet stays shut until that ridiculous marketing disaster ends.
  • Richard Haseltine said:

daveso said:

Yes, if you don't make a $1+ purchase you lose a punch, I think - though that may be slightly misphrased, I don't know if it means that or if it means you potentially lose a punch if you had one for the first of the group of three days. I will ask.

It seems the cart was right, the display on the prom,o page has been fixed - missing a day does drop a punch, it isn't simply the number of days regardless of pattern.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,914

In the current economical climate, the promotion of a sale in which the customer is punished for not buying for one single day seems rather tone-deaf.  Say what you want about tokens, but they at least spread the period over which they could be applied over a broader time frame and had a much more reasonable expiration date for the benefits.  

Richard Haseltine said:

Richard Haseltine said:

daveso said:

It seems the cart was right, the display on the prom,o page has been fixed - missing a day does drop a punch, it isn't simply the number of days regardless of pattern.

So, if one made a purchase on Friday and Saturday, one would have dropped two punches because one didn't make a purchase on Sunday? 

• I suspect the rules are working fine, but as usual, the display on the feature-sale page is not. I didn't buy anything on Sunday so even if they had been willing to "spot" me 15% to start the sale, that probably would have been cancelled by my no-buy day. And, indeed, when I bought something today*, the 15% did not apply. So that all makes sense ... but the punch display on the feature-sale page insists I had 15% off today, nonetheless.

I fully expect that tomorrow I will get 15% off, but I'm also betting the feature-sale page tomorrow will SAY I'm supposed to get 25% off.

* Four cheap figures from the Daz+ Holiday Sale, which has its own carousel card and is not mentioned on the feature-sale page anywhere. Don't overlook that one, folks; it says 50% off, but the actual prices if you're Daz+ are 80% off or more and I got the figures for $3.50 each.

Richard Haseltine said:

Mine still shows as having one punch unlocked (with no cart discount), even after a hard refresh, so it doesn't seem that anything's has been fixed. I'm not clearing my whole cache on an off chance that it might fix it (last time when such move was recommended, it didn't).

edited November 2023

joanna said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Mine still shows as having one punch unlocked (with no cart discount), even after a hard refresh, so it doesn't seem that anything's has been fixed. I'm not clearing my whole cache on an off chance that it might fix it (last time when such move was recommended, it didn't).

Clearing the cache (files stored in cache) left me with just one unlocked punch 

Post edited by PerttiA on

PerttiA said:

Clearing the cache (files stored in cache) left me with just one unlocked punch 

Mine seemed to have updated on its own. 

This discussion has been closed.