There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,635
    edited November 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

Richard Haseltine said:

daveso said:

but, if there is nothing you want, do you just lose a punch right off?

Yes, if you don't make a $1+ purchase you lose a punch, I think - though that may be slightly misphrased, I don't know if it means that or if it means you potentially lose a punch if you had one for the first of the group of three days. I will ask.

It seems the cart was right, the display on the prom,o page has been fixed - missing a day does drop a punch, it isn't simply the number of days regardless of pattern.

It seems a bit punitive to actually take away a token when you miss a day. I can't really afford to make a purchase every single day. So, without tokens it looks like I may miss much of this years Holiday Sale. At least I hope that there will be PA Christmas gifts that are really gifts and don't require a buyin.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010
    edited November 2023

Charlie Judge said:

It seems a bit punitive to actually take away a token when you miss a day. 

It sounds like it's even worse, miss a day and start from zero again 

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • PerttiA said:

Charlie Judge said:

It seems a bit punitive to actually take away a token when you miss a day. 

It sounds like it's even worse, miss a day and start from zero again 

Miss one day and you would be down to one punch, not zero - which is my current situation: I purchased friday and Sunday so I get one punch (which would also be the case if I had purchased on Sunday only).

• a punch in the guts maybe lower? surprise

• Cybersox said:

In the current economical climate, the promotion of a sale in which the customer is punished for not buying for one single day seems rather tone-deaf.  Say what you want about tokens, but they at least spread the period over which they could be applied over a broader time frame and had a much more reasonable expiration date for the benefits.  

I think that's where I stand. I spent roughly a zillion dollars during the token sales, but there was a sort of ebb-and-flow, during which I knew I could wait several days between carts. My triggers were either really cool gotta-have new things, or a sale offering spectacular deals on existing stuff I either already wanted or just didn't know yet that I wanted. I check the sales every day, but there's not something I need/want everyday.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,305
    edited November 2023

Anyone else noticed that the price of old DAZ+ items has had a sneaky $1 or $2 added? All the $1.99 items now seem to be $2.99 (e.g. Adventurer for Genesis Male ) or even $3.99 (e.g. Buck)

According to DAZ Deals this seems to have happened on November 18th or 19th, depending on the product.

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • ElorElor Posts: 1,095

tombraider4ever said:

Edit: nevermind, I just noticed that it's a Geo-Shell suit, so my G8.1 charater will not be able to wear it, right?

I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread to dicuss this, I usually open a new thread to ask things but this time I thought I try asking here instead, since the item in question is on sale. The question: this product: https://www.daz3d.com/sof-1a-for-genesis-3-and-8-females can the straps on the crotch area be hidden through material zones? if so, how does it look? It's a cool model, but the reason why I haven't bought it yet is those straps, I'm not a fan of things accentuating the crotch or boobs, would rather not have the cuts over the boobs in that model, but I can live w those. For me personally, I don't think people need guidence to find that area lol, so I would buy that model today if it can be hidden without a trace, if there is material under it. So many models that I don't buy due to this issue, either crotch accentuating, or boobs same. Sorry if it's the wrong place, and if there is a correct place to ask this, where is it? 

I don't have it but there is a 'SOF-1A Groin Straps for Genesis 3 & 8' setting in the list, so it's likely possible to hide them.

markusmatern did a render without them:

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery#image=767391

And don't forget Daz 30 days efund policy if a product is not satisfying:

The refund policy is a 30-day money back guarantee on everything in the store except the following:

• Daz+ memberships
    • Gift Cards 
    • Interactive Licenses
    • Season Passes

https://bugs.daz3d.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003500163-What-is-Daz-3D-refund-policy-

• The tokens worked on interactive licences and now the punch things don't :( It makes using characters from daz in games more expensive, and I've been trying to buy characters, and waiting for a good time to get the licenses. I'm kinda hoping interactive licenses sales are more aggressive without tokens - ie I think with tokens I could get max ~76%? off - I never saw an interactive sale that was better than 60%, except for single items. 

I ws also thinking of building some tools to help import morphable characters and sell it on the asset store at some point. 

• Elor said:

tombraider4ever said:

Edit: nevermind, I just noticed that it's a Geo-Shell suit, so my G8.1 charater will not be able to wear it, right?

I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread to dicuss this, I usually open a new thread to ask things but this time I thought I try asking here instead, since the item in question is on sale. The question: this product: https://www.daz3d.com/sof-1a-for-genesis-3-and-8-females can the straps on the crotch area be hidden through material zones? if so, how does it look? It's a cool model, but the reason why I haven't bought it yet is those straps, I'm not a fan of things accentuating the crotch or boobs, would rather not have the cuts over the boobs in that model, but I can live w those. For me personally, I don't think people need guidence to find that area lol, so I would buy that model today if it can be hidden without a trace, if there is material under it. So many models that I don't buy due to this issue, either crotch accentuating, or boobs same. Sorry if it's the wrong place, and if there is a correct place to ask this, where is it? 

I don't have it but there is a 'SOF-1A Groin Straps for Genesis 3 & 8' setting in the list, so it's likely possible to hide them.

markusmatern did a render without them:

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery#image=767391

And don't forget Daz 30 days efund policy if a product is not satisfying:

The refund policy is a 30-day money back guarantee on everything in the store except the following:

• Daz+ memberships
    • Gift Cards 
    • Interactive Licenses
    • Season Passes

https://bugs.daz3d.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003500163-What-is-Daz-3D-refund-policy-

Thank you so much for the reply heartsmiley, so then they can be hidden? Love that. Just found a script to use G8 geoshells on G8.1 easier, so will buy this now, Thank you so much for the help w this! heartsmiley

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 327

MelanieL said:

Anyone else noticed that the price of old DAZ+ items has had a sneaky $1 or $2 added? All the $1.99 items now seem to be $2.99 (e.g. Adventurer for Genesis Male ) or even $3.99 (e.g. Buck)

According to DAZ Deals this seems to have happened on November 18th or 19th, depending on the product.

There was a mysterious case of several free items getting extra $1 or 50c added to their cost recently.... I wonder if some glitch in the matrix...

Tomhip said:

MelanieL said:

There was a mysterious case of several free items getting extra $1 or 50c added to their cost recently.... I wonder if some glitch in the matrix...

No wonder the sales felt underwhelming during the end of tokens weekend...

For example https://www.daz3d.com/anamnesis has gone from $1.99 on Friday to $3.99 on Saturday

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,436

So, are these alternative shapes going to be permanently included in the Pro Bundles? I suppose they are being offered for those who did not get them during the limited time offer upon release?

• ElorElor Posts: 1,095

NorthOf45 said:

So, are these alternative shapes going to be permanently included in the Pro Bundles? I suppose they are being offered for those who did not get them during the limited time offer upon release?

Too soon to say, because both Olympia's and Olivia's alternative shapes were already part of their respective Pro Bundles: it's just an opportunity to get them for people who didn't bought the Pro Bundles.

The first time limited alternative shapes were, I think, those from Mira and since then, every one of them were time limited: at the current rate, we still have Van Helsing and Julius alternative shapes to go and will see, on Friday, if Mira's shapes are unvaulted. I say if because they were, from memory, supposed to be 'Permanently vaulted' after 30 days, but they should be made available again, and ideally, the time limited idea should stop.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930
    edited November 2023

...Anamnesis was released in 2009, and looking at the price graph with the  Daz Deals plugin it remained at it's originall price of 1.99$ for Platinum Club/Daz+ members.  That was until this past Saturday when it went up to 3.99$, (a 2$ increase for a 14 year old product).  Back then 1.99$ was the "flat price" for all PC/Daz+ items regardless of MSRP which remained the same over the years....until this past weekend.

In today's 50% off Daz+ Vehicle Sale I also noticed a similar thing happened.  For some reason something didn't seem quite right as the sale prices did not come out to 50% of what I remember them to be   For example I checked an item that I already "own" (Wooden Rowboats which I got as the weekly freebie during the last week of December 2022).  After the freebie offer expired, they were assinged a Daz+ member price of 4.99$.  On Saturday the Daz+ price increased to 5.99$ (before the 50% sale discount was applied).  When I looked at the MSRP on the order invoice form 2022, the Rowboat's MSRP was listed as 16.95$.  On Saturday the MSRP increased to 19.95$. 

I can understand higher prices for current/new products but stuff that is a year old (or in the case of Anamnesis, 14 years old) is disappointing to say the least.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,436

Elor said:

NorthOf45 said:

Too soon to say, because both Olympia's and Olivia's alternative shapes were already part of their respective Pro Bundles: it's just an opportunity to get them for people who didn't bought the Pro Bundles.

The first time limited alternative shapes were, I think, those from Mira and since then, every one of them were time limited: at the current rate, we still have Van Helsing and Julius alternative shapes to go and will see, on Friday, if Mira's shapes are unvaulted. I say if because they were, from memory, supposed to be 'Permanently vaulted' after 30 days, but they should be made available again, and ideally, the time limited idea should stop.

Thanks. I couldn't recall when those limited-time releases started, and I did not have the patience to look it up. 

edited November 2023

kyoto kid said:

...Anamnesis was released in 2009, and looking at the price graph with the  Daz Deals plugin it remained at it's originall price of 1.99$ for Platinum Club/Daz+ members.  That was until this past Saturday when it went up to 3.99$, (a 2$ increase for a 14 year old product).  Back then 1.99$ was the "flat price" for all PC/Daz+ items regardless of MSRP which remained the same over the years....until this past weekend.

In today's 50% off Daz+ Vehicle Sale I also noticed a similar thing happened.  For some reason something didn't seem quite right as the sale prices did not come out to 50% of what I remember them to be   For example I checked an item that I already "own" (Wooden Rowboats which I got as the weekly freebie during the last week of December 2022).  After the freebie offer expired, they were assinged a Daz+ member price of 4.99$.  On Saturday the Daz+ price increased to 5.99$ (before the 50% sale discount was applied).  When I looked at the MSRP on the order invoice form 2022, the Rowboat's MSRP was listed as 16.95$.  On Saturday the MSRP increased to 19.95$. 

I can understand higher prices for current/new products but stuff that is a year old (or in the case of Anamnesis, 14 years old) is disappointing to say the least.

Had a closer look. Filtered the store for Daz+ items only, which gave me 32 pages at 120 items per page, sorted by newest to oldest.
    After around page 15/16, when moving into pre-Genesis products, most of them are now $3.99 - That's stuff that I might have used to fill up a cart to some required sum, but at those prices...

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • PerttiA said:

kyoto kid said:

...Anamnesis was released in 2009, and looking at the price graph with the  Daz Deals plugin it remained at it's originall price of 1.99$ for Platinum Club/Daz+ members.  That was until this past Saturday when it went up to 3.99$, (a 2$ increase for a 14 year old product).  Back then 1.99$ was the "flat price" for all PC/Daz+ items regardless of MSRP which remained the same over the years....until this past weekend...

Had a closer look. Filtered the store for Daz+ items only, which gave me 32 pages at 120 items per page, sorted by newest to oldest.
    After around page 15/16, when moving into pre-Genesis products, most of them are now $3.99 - That's stuff that I might have used to fill up a cart to some required sum, but at those prices...

In the Sales Problem thread, I just saw a post by Scorpio and apparently this increase is intentional: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8450906/#Comment_8450906 

I WAS going to get more $2 V4/M4 clothing, since I love the RSSY gen4>G3 converter's results (which autofit well to G8, BTW). So much for that idea...

• miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

PerttiA said:

kyoto kid said:

...Anamnesis was released in 2009, and looking at the price graph with the  Daz Deals plugin it remained at it's originall price of 1.99$ for Platinum Club/Daz+ members.  That was until this past Saturday when it went up to 3.99$, (a 2$ increase for a 14 year old product).  Back then 1.99$ was the "flat price" for all PC/Daz+ items regardless of MSRP which remained the same over the years....until this past weekend...

In the Sales Problem thread, I just saw a post by Scorpio and apparently this increase is intentional: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8450906/#Comment_8450906 

I WAS going to get more $2 V4/M4 clothing, since I love the RSSY gen4>G3 converter's results (which autofit well to G8, BTW). So much for that idea...

Rendo has plenty devil 

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898
    edited November 2023

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

PerttiA said:

kyoto kid said:

yikes yikes yikes yikes

Post edited by Hylas on

At the moment, just buying the cheapest items over $1, waiting for the real holiday offers.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

PerttiA said:

At the moment, just buying the cheapest items over $1, waiting for the real holiday offers.

smiley

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 327

PerttiA said:

Yeah and delaying that purchase to late hours as well, in cease of another buy-in deal popping up....

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

do those alternate shapes for a character, such as Olympia, work on other characters as well? or are they somehow locked to only work on one particular character. 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774
    edited November 2023

Hylas said:

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

PerttiA said:

kyoto kid said:

yikes yikes yikes yikes

one of the main reasons I let my DAZ+ expire. The only thing though, now everything to high too buy. My shopping here will be minimal.  

Post edited by daveso on
  • daveso said:

do those alternate shapes for a character, such as Olympia, work on other characters as well? or are they somehow locked to only work on one particular character. 

Yes, you can use them on any G9. Will post an example. 

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,313
    edited November 2023

Here is an example I whipped up from my latest "new stuff testing" character, who started off as a stock G9 with a custom head and body shape applied. (She apologizes for the texture shortcomings - this wasn't an adventure that she was planning on for this morning. smiley  ) To that, I added a bunch of the Olivia shapes for the MorphA and MorphB examples. The shapes are optimized to go with the character they are sold with, so there's no promises of how great they'll work with some other random character, and the higher the % you run them at, the weirder the outcome may be (eg, usually is), but you can use them on other characters. And they are different. MorphB-Olympia is the same "recipe" with the Olympia shapes as I used with the Olivia example, and it is distinctly different.

Original stock G9, with custom head shape:

With numerous Olivia shapes applied:

The latter, with the same "recipe" except using Olympia shapes:

I liked the Olivia shapes better on this particular not-Olivia/Olympia character than the Olympia shapes - mileage will vary with any other random character.

ETA: Just for reference, these are the settings used in this example. I was pleasantly surprised at high I could crank the Olivia morphs on this character and still get reasonable results - lots of times at 90-100% a character specific morph on some random other character might look really freaky.

NoMorphA.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 467K
    NoMorphB.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 511K
    MorphA.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 472K
    MorphB.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 514K
    MorphB-Olympia.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 509K
    recipe.jpg
    391 x 401 - 47K
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • Forgive me, I don't know where to post bugs. The punch card thing is new to me, I don't remember this from before, but either way it didn't count on my order yesterday so I'll just ignore it. But I went to the holiday deal page and it's just showing as this on Firefox...? Tried everything, but seems to work on Chrome.

Screenshot_10.png
    1442 x 662 - 532K

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Here is an example I whipped up from my latest "new stuff testing" character, who started off as a stock G9 with a custom head and body shape applied. (She apologizes for the texture shortcomings -

I liked the Olivia shapes better on this particular not-Olivia/Olympia character than the Olympia shapes - mileage will vary with any other random character.

Those are some lovely renders!

Very nice work! :)

Nerevarine said:

Forgive me, I don't know where to post bugs. The punch card thing is new to me, I don't remember this from before, but either way it didn't count on my order yesterday so I'll just ignore it. But I went to the holiday deal page and it's just showing as this on Firefox...? Tried everything, but seems to work on Chrome.

Yikes. At least until it's resolved, better use Chrome.

Here's where to post bugs: 

Please note, bugs are reported by opening a Technical Support ticket http://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us.

• Dartanbeck said:

Nerevarine said:

Forgive me, I don't know where to post bugs. The punch card thing is new to me, I don't remember this from before, but either way it didn't count on my order yesterday so I'll just ignore it. But I went to the holiday deal page and it's just showing as this on Firefox...? Tried everything, but seems to work on Chrome.

Yikes. At least until it's resolved, better use Chrome.

Here's where to post bugs: 

Please note, bugs are reported by opening a Technical Support ticket http://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us.

Thank you very much :) I am liking the selection of vehicles today. I picked up some historical up-dos yesterday, so today I'm picking up some lovely old-timey coaches to make some fun renders. Good selection today!

This discussion has been closed.