There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• Nerevarine said:

Thank you very much :) I am liking the selection of vehicles today. I picked up some historical up-dos yesterday, so today I'm picking up some lovely old-timey coaches to make some fun renders. Good selection today!

With the increase in DAZ+ prices it is not much of a sale for me 

• Charlie Judge said:

Nerevarine said:

Thank you very much :) I am liking the selection of vehicles today. I picked up some historical up-dos yesterday, so today I'm picking up some lovely old-timey coaches to make some fun renders. Good selection today!

With the increase in DAZ+ prices it is not much of a sale for me 

Yes... for me, too, my spending has been cut dramatically. I don't have funds to keep up with the price increases. Trying to see the positive side of things, as I've had a rough year and been let down by previous sales this year - so I'm really happy about the new hairs and coaches I picked up yesterday and today!

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,687

Dartanbeck said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Here is an example I whipped up from my latest "new stuff testing" character, who started off as a stock G9 with a custom head and body shape applied. (She apologizes for the texture shortcomings -

I liked the Olivia shapes better on this particular not-Olivia/Olympia character than the Olympia shapes - mileage will vary with any other random character.

Those are some lovely renders!

Very nice work! :)

I think so too, and I love the texture. Such a sweet face! 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Here is an example I whipped up from my latest "new stuff testing" character, who started off as a stock G9 with a custom head and body shape applied. (She apologizes for the texture shortcomings - this wasn't an adventure that she was planning on for this morning. smiley  ) To that, I added a bunch of the Olivia shapes for the MorphA and MorphB examples. The shapes are optimized to go with the character they are sold with, so there's no promises of how great they'll work with some other random character, and the higher the % you run them at, the weirder the outcome may be (eg, usually is), but you can use them on other characters. And they are different. MorphB-Olympia is the same "recipe" with the Olympia shapes as I used with the Olivia example, and it is distinctly different.

Original stock G9, with custom head shape:

With numerous Olivia shapes applied:

The latter, with the same "recipe" except using Olympia shapes:

I liked the Olivia shapes better on this particular not-Olivia/Olympia character than the Olympia shapes - mileage will vary with any other random character.

thank you very much. So nice of you to taqke the time to do this. I think the results look very good. It might be a good time to pick the alternate shapes up.  

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323
    edited November 2023

Nerevarine said:

Dartanbeck said:

Nerevarine said:

Forgive me, I don't know where to post bugs. The punch card thing is new to me, I don't remember this from before, but either way it didn't count on my order yesterday so I'll just ignore it. But I went to the holiday deal page and it's just showing as this on Firefox...? Tried everything, but seems to work on Chrome.

Yikes. At least until it's resolved, better use Chrome.

Here's where to post bugs: 

Please note, bugs are reported by opening a Technical Support ticket http://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us.

Me too! I finally (Finally!!! Been waiting a  l o n g  time for this!) scratched Kara's awesome Adventurer's Toybox Vehicles Edition - Full Modular Kit off my wish list!!!

So I got down with my bad self and made up some awesome Skateboarding moves for her flying through the streets on that wonderful board. Simulated the hair, did some optimizing... rendering as we speak!!! 

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited November 2023

It's even more Amazing than I had always envisioned it to be. The way she sets things up in the library is Awesome! So easy to find - So convenient to use!

• Dartanbeck said:

So I got down with my bad self and made up some awesome Skateboarding moves for her flying through the streets on that wonderful board. Simulated the hair, did some optimizing... rendering as we speak!!! 

Woop! That sounds great, Dartanbeck! I'm still fiddling with my new up-dos (and the Gown of Fantasy... I picked two of them in the sales a while back. Never used em!). :) Behold the beautiful Sonja, vampire-ified! This hair is lovely. Love the feather and options.

Sorry to all if this posted 3 times - I tried to post, and it kept saying I was somthing like a million characters too long!

Screenshot_11.png
    1295 x 950 - 1M
    edited November 2023

Nerevarine said:

Dartanbeck said:

Woop! That sounds great, Dartanbeck! I'm still fiddling with my new up-dos (and the Gown of Fantasy... I picked two of them in the sales a while back. Never used em!). :) Behold the beautiful Sonja, vampire-ified! This hair is lovely. Love the feather and options.

Sorry to all if this posted 3 times - I tried to post, and it kept saying I was somthing like a million characters too long!

She's looking Freaking Awesome!!! 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930
    edited November 2023

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

PerttiA said:

kyoto kid said:

...Anamnesis was released in 2009, and looking at the price graph with the  Daz Deals plugin it remained at it's originall price of 1.99$ for Platinum Club/Daz+ members.  That was until this past Saturday when it went up to 3.99$, (a 2$ increase for a 14 year old product).  Back then 1.99$ was the "flat price" for all PC/Daz+ items regardless of MSRP which remained the same over the years....until this past weekend...

Had a closer look. Filtered the store for Daz+ items only, which gave me 32 pages at 120 items per page, sorted by newest to oldest.
    After around page 15/16, when moving into pre-Genesis products, most of them are now $3.99 - That's stuff that I might have used to fill up a cart to some required sum, but at those prices...

In the Sales Problem thread, I just saw a post by Scorpio and apparently this increase is intentional: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8450906/#Comment_8450906 

I WAS going to get more $2 V4/M4 clothing, since I love the RSSY gen4>G3 converter's results (which autofit well to G8, BTW). So much for that idea...

...thank you for the link to that post.

Well, this only increases the likelihood of my letting my Daz+ membership expire next month.  Raising prices on very old items that have outdated (sometimes only Poser) materials is as I mentioned, "disappointing".  A 6$ off coupon (which has been the discount ever since Daz did away with the old PC vouchers) just doesn't cut it as an incentive anymore with prices going up like this.

...and I totally agree with Wendy's comment above (pixels have zero nutritional value)

Post edited by kyoto kid on

Right. If prices are going up the way they are - and boy are they ever, our coupons should go up as well.

One thing that kills me are those Daz + items that were exclusive to Daz + members during last year's Daz + anniversary.

When they came out afterwards they are Really freaking expensive - and they didn't even mark them down for + members during the Anniversary sale.

I can't shop without my Daz + membership. I already found that out the hard way. At least these deep discount days like this do help. I mean, I got $40+ animation packs for not much more that $5. That was a welcome find. So for me, some things are just confusing as hell, but then I turn around and find some Amazing deal on stuff I really did want, at prices that compete with every day Daz + items. That's pretty cool - I think.

I get hot in the head. Some of the wording on these sales - and sometimes just the way we'd have to spend over a hundred bucks to get an extra 10% off - and the Hundred bucks has to go for stuff we don't really pick out ourselves,,, that irritates me to no end and I blow my top.

Some time after I hit send, I go back to the store and find out that I can also get well over $150 worth of top shelf goods for less than $20 and I feel like an idiot for blowing my top. 

• well they are selling me newer stuff at 99c so thanks

I grabbed some yes

have 3 punches too and it works on new PC+ too

since one does not need to be DAZ+ for these flash sales either I still don't understand the reasoning behind the price hike on the former ancient PC club 1.99 stuff

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898
    Wow, the .99 sale is incredibly generous by daz and the pa's. Thank you!
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,874

I'm not particularly interested in Christmas-themed products, but I did get a whole lot of Polish products super cheap.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,418

Hylas said:

+1! yes

• Hylas said:

I'd always been curious how those MARSA scripts worked (pipe dream and elements). Now I get to find out.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,866

fefecoolyellow gives us the badass chick wardrobe requisite that I've needed for so long: Trenchcoat with two geometries---open and closed. Thankfully, it's for 3 generations. I requested one of these from her a few years back, and she gave us a very cool take on trenchcoat/bolero. But this new one does the job even better. I'd been using Luthbel's G2F trench with shaders and Fit Control to get what I wanted. The I H Kang versions had tube sleeves; so, I couldn't use them for leading ladies.

• Hylas said:

Fantasticly generous sale, $250 worth of stuff for $10, and it isn't even December yet. Looking forward to more of the same...

• Gordig said:

I'm not particularly interested in Christmas-themed products, but I did get a whole lot of Polish products super cheap.

The same with me.
    I hadn't actually planned a scene with Christmas, but now... laugh

• Yeah, my first thought (re the .99 flash sale) was "finally a Christmas sale that's correctly timed for my needs" (because I will begin working on this year's Christmas story this weekend) ... then looked at it and realized there was not a lot of actual Christmas stuff in there that I wanted and that, as usual, there were some very odd inclusions in the list ... THEN realized I could, for example, get all five parts of Polish's Holiday Hotel for a buck each ... WIN

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,774

a real sale this time. No buy-ins, no fancy dancy mathematics...99 cents each with a coupon code. Viola - makes me a happy man. I bought 10. 

It blows my mind though the price of Minerva and nikolia... $60 each. $10 not too bad, but you end up having to buy 2 different more than $1 products to get both. I'm not really into Nikolia though. Minerva I like. 

• The Minerva and Nikolai coupon sales are pretty good if you don't own the figures yet and you want them. Unfortunately (for Daz getting my money), I already cast my Clauses three years ago and I'm sticking with my casting choices; also, I am on record as saying that the G3 Santa has never yet been improved upon.

(I like Nikolai, but not as Santa. First off, he's too young, just like Minerva's too young to be Mrs. C, and second, when I look at him with normal hair befitting his apparent age, I think, Oh, yes, you'd be a perfect addition to my set of vaguely Russian gangster types. He's meant to be a "heavy" in every sense of the word. But I need to see him scowling to really judge that. Or better yet, standing over someone whose knees he's just broken with a baseball bat.)

(Incidentally, if you're curious, I use almost-straight-out-of-the-box Frida as Mrs. Claus--an extremely versatile figure for all kinds of things, including shape mixes. In general if I were to point out all the female figures I tend to use over and over until everyone's sick of seeing them, I'd say eighty percent of them or more would turn out to either be made by Raiya or by Lyoness.)

• Slight digression to sale discussion which can be ignored, I'm just trying to do anything that will put off my having to clean the house top to bottom for Thanksgiving guests for another five minutes. This is from last year's story.

crop.jpg
    707 x 672 - 162K
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,687

Haha, it took me the whole day to finally get that 'Nikolia' from the banner was good ol' Nikolai ... blushlaugh

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 327

Well those daily 50% off banners and $2.99 sales are pretty nice, but everything else, even with 3 punches to the wallet, still leaves it bruised.... and lightning deals have ultra instinct against them...

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930

...just purchased  10 items on the  Flashback sale, several that were even on my wishlist. Over 200$ worth for 9.90$, now that's a sale.

On he other hand WHen I  saw the "Unvaulted" sale was also excited for a moment, only to find they didn't pull the Creeper and/or Biguana out.indecision

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,284

kyoto kid said:

...just purchased  10 items on the  Flashback sale, several that were even on my wishlist. Over 200$ worth for 9.90$, now that's a sale.

On he other hand WHen I  saw the "Unvaulted" sale was also excited for a moment, only to find they didn't pull the Creeper and/or Biguana out.indecision

Same here. Most of the items I picked were actually on my wishlist, so it felt even greater that I'm buying the items I already wanted, not just "kind of wanted" because of the price.

A stunning sale indeed. 

edited November 2023

So Cool! Punch Card was full this morning, as it should be. But when I get to check out, there's no "Use Your Punch Card" (to empty it) button - it just grants the 35% (I'm Daz +) discount!!!

I have a feeling that it'll be like that all day until it resets tomorrow for me to start earning punches again. I'll find out later.

What did I get? Oh... only the Amazing and Incredible new Metro Style Outfit and Urban texture exansion from Aeon Soul!!! Yes!!!

RT8Metro_WalkFeminineD01a045.png
    1280 x 720 - 363K
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010

Dartanbeck said:

So Cool! Punch Card was full this morning, as it should be. But when I get to check out, there's no "Use Your Punch Card" (to empty it) button - it just grants the 35% (I'm Daz +) discount!!!

I have a feeling that it'll be like that all day until it resets tomorrow for me to start earning punches again. I'll find out later.

If you make a purchase over $1 every day, you will continue having 3 punches and extra 35% off.

Skip one day and you will have either 15% off or no extra discount from the punches

PerttiA said:

Dartanbeck said:

If you make a purchase over $1 every day, you will continue having 3 punches and extra 35% off.

Skip one day and you will have either 15% off or no extra discount from the punches

Oh My!!!

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898

The math today is unnecessarily byzantine again, but the resulting discounts are pretty good, so I won't complain (too much) laugh

This discussion has been closed.