There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• I'm finally getting to knock out a ton of Antfarm off my wishlist today with a fat grin.

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,405

tsroemi said:

kyoto kid said:

...yeah pretty much a meh day today. Apparently  the Elf and Orc "!flash sales" will go on all weekend. 

Fortunately there were the Granite Shaders (which I find useful) to keep the punches rolling. as it seems the selection of products in the Featured Artist Sale has remained pretty static all week.

ETA:

Small complaint. I notice I no longer am able right click on the cart icon on the top of hte page to open it in a new tab.. Not sure if that change is something on Daz's end or Chrome.  Somewhat annoying, particularly while shopping.

Noticed that today, too. Maybe they're in the proceds of adjusting something. Hopefully we'll get that functionality back after a fashion. 

i had the cart icon not opening in a new tab happening to me yesterday too - however now it works again.

i'm confused again by the punch discounts, but it might just be me, my attention span/memory are rather short, erratic and often inaccurate... i could have sworn that until today, lightning deals had their special prices visible on the thumbnail on the lighting deals page, HOWEVER once in the cart, the price went down AGAIN a little due to the added (well, rather substracted) punch discount (30% for me). did i dream that and the prices were always already punch-discounted on the lightning deals page in all those previous days??? or punches don't work with lightning deals - however unlike fastgrab, there is no mention on the lightning deals page that discounts don't stack,,,
    i can't test it unlogged/incognito since one needs to be logged in to see those lightning deals...

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,436

i had the cart icon not opening in a new tab happening to me yesterday too - however now it works again.

It works from the Forum pages, but none of the shop pages (except the Lightning Deals, but that page is somewhat lagging in terms of design) 

NorthOf45 said:

It works from the Forum pages, but none of the shop pages (except the Lightning Deals, but that page is somewhat lagging in terms of design) 

ooops. you're right. i stand corrected, my bad. 

• I bought 4 wishlist items today too and used my DAZ+ 18 coupon

saved heaps with discounts and punches

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

marcus.ames said:

I'm finally getting to knock out a ton of Antfarm off my wishlist today with a fat grin.

Always a Great Feeling!!! smiley Love AntFarm!!!

• MediaheadMediahead Posts: 115
    edited December 2023

When I try to apply my monthly $6 coupon code on any Daz sale items, a prompt displays "Invalid Coupon Code".  Has anyone else experienced this?

EDIT: issue resolved.  

Post edited by Mediahead on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,843

tsroemi said:

kyoto kid said:

...yeah pretty much a meh day today. Apparently  the Elf and Orc "!flash sales" will go on all weekend. 

Fortunately there were the Granite Shaders (which I find useful) to keep the punches rolling. as it seems the selection of products in the Featured Artist Sale has remained pretty static all week.

ETA:

Small complaint. I notice I no longer am able right click on the cart icon on the top of hte page to open it in a new tab.. Not sure if that change is something on Daz's end or Chrome.  Somewhat annoying, particularly while shopping.

Noticed that today, too. Maybe they're in the proceds of adjusting something. Hopefully we'll get that functionality back after a fashion. 

I use Firefox. It still works there.

barbult said:

tsroemi said:

kyoto kid said:

ETA:

Yes, it works in Firefox from the Forum pages, but not from the shop pages.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,843

NorthOf45 said:

barbult said:

tsroemi said:

kyoto kid said:

ETA:

Yes, it works in Firefox from the Forum pages, but not from the shop pages.

Wow, you are right! I must have been here in the forum when I tried it.

• Wahey! Cart filled with a lot of nice goodies today, AND my advent calendar for two days in a row has been wishlist stuff. Great weekend for me!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

NorthOf45 said:

...not very helpful as most of the time viewing the cart is more important when shopping.  Some discounts don't show up until you put them in the cart, particularly if you have a coupon active, or in putting one of the Advent Calendar items in the cart (the free item shows with a price in the drop down and after all the  glitches with this in previous days it's good to check the cart afterwards to make sure it's free).

Open the cart and leave it open. Refresh as needed.

...agh, was busy with something and wasn't watching the time so yesterday's calendar freebie is no longer free, and I lost one punch.  Even though I have two remaining, they don't show on the sale page and I am unable to open today's Advent Calendar selection.

• gmm2gmm2 Posts: 95
    Anyone else have a broken advent calendar for today? Mine isn't opening on mobile or desktop.
  • gmm2 said:

Anyone else have a broken advent calendar for today? Mine isn't opening on mobile or desktop.

Yep, I think its broken for a few of us atm :(

Mine's working now.
    edited December 2023

...mine isn't.

Also cannot right click to open the Holiday Deals products to view them. 

I even refreshed the page as well as closed and reopened Chrome and it's still broken 

ETA:

My remaining two punches show fine in my cart but the Holiday Punch Card is blurred out on the sale page. I even  get the 20%  discount for them when I put one of the Daily Holidayz deals in the cart. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

Clearing the cache got the advent calendar working, but punch card is still blurred, W7 + Opera based browser

edited December 2023

...that finally worked for the Calendar but, same here with the Punch Card and right click not working on the Holiday Deals items.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,688

I'm so sorry for all of you guys with the calendar problems, hope they'll be fixed soon! Apart from that, I must say I'm really so happy with the calendar since we're getting stuff that we actually want and need. It's a very very sweet idea I think. heart

calendar is working fine for me, on chrome and android.(samsung inhouse browser)

punch card is neat/visible on cart page but blurry on sales page on both chrome and android

tsroemi said:

I must say I'm really so happy with the calendar since we're getting stuff that we actually want and need. It's a very very sweet idea I think. heart

absolutely, i could pick for free many things i actually had sitting on my wishlist for eons smileyyes

I did notice that my free item on the calendar today was not on my wishlist. Not a problem, but something to be aware of since that's a change from how it seemed things worked.

• ElorElor Posts: 1,095

gmm2 said:

I did notice that my free item on the calendar today was not on my wishlist. Not a problem, but something to be aware of since that's a change from how it seemed things worked.

Do you have enough eligible items in your wishlist ? If you don't have enough, the system seems to select outside of your wishlist.

Items must be Daz Originals, the upper end in price seems to be around $34-35 and I have yet to see a Genesis 9 items on the advent calendar so it's best to have items from before Genesis 9 launched.

Today's like everyday since the beginning, I was offered two items from my wishlist (today they were in my wishlist since a couple of weeks, but yesterday, one of the item was only added a couple of days ago).

Another element to keep in mind: to date, I never saw an item two times in the advent calendar, so the system may keep a record of what it offered you to avoid offering it later, which means among the eligilible items in your wishlist, 9 were likely not eligible anymore today.

Elor said:

gmm2 said:

Do you have enough eligible items in your wishlist ? If you don't have enough, the system seems to select outside of your wishlist.

Items must be Daz Originals, the upper end in price seems to be around $34-35 and I have yet to see a Genesis 9 items on the advent calendar so it's best to have items from before Genesis 9 launched.

Ah, that's the secret. I have many items that fit that description, so maybe it was just random?

gmm2 said:

Elor said:

gmm2 said:

Ah, that's the secret. I have many items that fit that description, so maybe it was just random?

????? eeeh? i really thought it WAS random, lol... and that i had just been lucky. so those calendar items are  not the same for everyone??? 

gmm2 said:

Elor said:

gmm2 said:

????? eeeh? i really thought it WAS random, lol... and that i had just been lucky. so those calendar items are  not the same for everyone??? 

Up until this morning, it seemed to only draw from wishlists. I've been trying for a few days to figure out precisely how it was making its selections.
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,305

So far I've been offered 5 things NOT on my wishlist and 19 things that are/were.  I've not seen any Gen9 either, nor the older bundles - which didn't surprise me as they would probably be out of the price range for giving away.

I think I should take a look at adding some more to my wishlist - I only have 5 pre-Gen9 DOs left on there and (maybe?) 14 days to go

• theflarftheflarf Posts: 137

Every item for me so far has been on the wishlist, so I believe as someone stated above it picks from Daz Originals at a pricepoint and age, 

It's been useful for me to remove some items, at this point i've taken the 'free' item each time, not yet got anything that is for the 2.99 that is more interesting than the free one

This discussion has been closed.