There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

theflarf said:

Every item for me so far has been on the wishlist

Same 

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,305

I've taken 3 at $2.99 so far - in each case the free offering was NOT on my wishlist. They were all in the $21-24 range and as cheap as I'd seen them in sales yet.

• today none on my wishlist but a free G2 hair not too bad

I do have plenty of not expensive DO's it could have picked

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

Dartanbeck said:

marcus.ames said:

I'm finally getting to knock out a ton of Antfarm off my wishlist today with a fat grin.

Always a Great Feeling!!! smiley Love AntFarm!!!

Made me jealous, so I did the same. Turned out to be mere minutes before they went off sale too! :)

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

PerttiA said:

theflarf said:

Every item for me so far has been on the wishlist

Same 

+1

Doesn't look like it's going to get any better...

Sleigh with a Debut new in the cart and picking DO items in pre-2017 with 3 punches and Daz+ membership = 87% off
    Slay with a Debut new in the cart and picking DO items in pre-2017 with 3 punches and Daz+ membership = 87% off
    Dragon items... $5.99, not stacking. Dragon 3 is the most expensive item at base price of $45.95 = 87% off
    Legacy Holiday Artists with Debut new in the cart, picking DO items with Daz+ membership and 3 punches = 87% off.

This is going to be cheap, picking up freebies, occasional Daily Holidaz items and Lightning deals at $1 and change per day.

• PerttiA said:

Sleigh with a Debut new in the cart and picking DO items in pre-2017 with 3 punches and Daz+ membership = 87% off
    Slay with a Debut new in the cart and picking DO items in pre-2017 with 3 punches and Daz+ membership = 87% off
    Dragon items... $5.99, not stacking. Dragon 3 is the most expensive item at base price of $45.95 = 87% off
    Legacy Holiday Artists with Debut new in the cart, picking DO items with Daz+ membership and 3 punches = 87% off.

This is going to be cheap, picking up freebies, occasional Daily Holidaz items and Lightning deals at $1 and change per day.

In the last two weeks, I've hardly bought anything.

edited December 2023

paulawp (marahzen) said:

PerttiA said:

For me the dry spell started on the last token weekend. Since Nov 20th, I have made 21 purchases for a total $47.78 of which only 3 carts were over $2 
    Quite a difference to spending $120+ per week, every week since March.

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • PerttiA said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

PerttiA said:

For me the dry spell started on the last token weekend. Since Nov 20th, I have made 21 purchases for a total $47.78 of which only 3 carts were over $2 
    Quite a difference to spending $120+ per week, every week since March.

I've spent a bit more than that and kept buying through Black Friday weekend, but I've been on the sidelines since then aside from the day I decided to get the Militaria bundle. For me, it's partly the inevitable result of buying all the existing products I realistically needed over those glorious token-era months, so this day was always coming. But it's also now a combination of new stuff that's just not hitting a level of want or need that triggers me to buy at lesser discounts, in conjunction with insufficient stacking discounts to encourage me to start piling stuff in a cart. I've wishlisted a decent amount of new things and am hoping for a more inspiring sale around Christmas/New Year's.

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 328

I actually dipped a bit when there was the "20% off on whole cart" promo, and bough a few items during weekend with PA coupon that came out and one debut item as it came almost free with the 10% discount.

I spend way more last year, but then again I pretty much already got all "must haves" and now I am only looking at "nice to haves"...

The free items were nice so far but sales themselves arent interesting. The amount of G8 stuff gets lower and lower and none of the debut items discount eachother, which used to be a common practice, and at most they have 10% impact on other categories.

Also definitely not interested in Trolls, Goblins, Hoboblin Trollgoblins, Gobtrolls, Hobtrollgoblins and similar....

Tomhip said:

I actually dipped a bit when there was the "20% off on whole cart" promo, and bough a few items during weekend with PA coupon that came out and one debut item as it came almost free with the 10% discount.

I spend way more last year, but then again I pretty much already got all "must haves" and now I am only looking at "nice to haves"...

The free items were nice so far but sales themselves arent interesting. The amount of G8 stuff gets lower and lower and none of the debut items discount eachother, which used to be a common practice, and at most they have 10% impact on other categories.

I was tempted to take advantage of the 20% off the cart, but I had just bought a gift card that seems to last forever and the discounts for items were just not there.

It used to be "Buy a Debut new and/or Still new" to get additional discounts, but now it's just Debut new and the discounts are not stacking enough.
    I wouldn't mind buying some New items, if I could compensate by getting G8/Iray era stuff at over 90% off, but at the moment it's just not getting there, so I keep on sitting on the credit.

• PerttiA said:

Tomhip said:

I was tempted to take advantage of the 20% off the cart, but I had just bought a gift card that seems to last forever and the discounts for items were just not there.

It used to be "Buy a Debut new and/or Still new" to get additional discounts, but now it's just Debut new and the discounts are not stacking enough.
    I wouldn't mind buying some New items, if I could compensate by getting G8/Iray era stuff at over 90% off, but at the moment it's just not getting there, so I keep on sitting on the credit.

Exactly. For example, I might have picked up the Maryam bundle if Daz had been doing the stacking thing that they were doing al summer/fall ... "buy the pro bundle, add 1/2/3 new items for additional x/y/z% off." And yeah, while there have been several particularly cool new things in recent weeks, there are many new things that fall into genres that I wouldn't download for free, so they are just not going to tempt me, no matter the discount. Not naming names. smiley I get that the general Daz audience would all heave a collective sigh of irritation and disappointment at a lot of what I love ... "gah, not four days of early 20th century trains and urban environments... sheesh!"

Well, at least I'll be ready for a wishlist sale when they have one, and the next time there's a really enticing "buy x new stuff, get huge discounts on G8/Iray era older stuff" type of sale, it'll have been a while so my enthusiasm will be back. I was admittedly starting to get worn down near the end and I'm still testing the new stuff that was bought through the PA/Daz+ sales.

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,284

Heads up for those who don't check the store's main page: new banners appeared with some grab bag offers.

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 328
    edited December 2023

joanna said:

Heads up for those who don't check the store's main page: new banners appeared with some grab bag offers.

(+) Finally something interesting going on

(-) Offer does not stack with Punches....

(-) Coupon codes, making sure you cannot mix from several categories using one debut item for discount....

Well some nice hair form Linday at least :D

Post edited by Tomhip on
  • I grabbed a G9 hair too

not strandbased or Dforce by Laticis, a combination I like

• Tomhip said:

joanna said:

(+) Finally something interesting going on

(-) Offer does not stack with Punches....

(-) Coupon codes, making sure you cannot mix from several categories using one debut item for discount....

Well some nice hair form Linday at least :D

At least it does allow "any new release" - not just debut. 

• Dartanbeck said:

Dartanbeck said:

marcus.ames said:

I'm finally getting to knock out a ton of Antfarm off my wishlist today with a fat grin.

Always a Great Feeling!!! smiley Love AntFarm!!!

Made me jealous, so I did the same. Turned out to be mere minutes before they went off sale too! :)

I've been trying off and on lately to see if I can match the mood of some of Simon Stålenhag's sci-fi art, and Ant Farm has just the right well-worn, non-threatening, retrofuturistic stuff to pull it off.

• NinefoldNinefold Posts: 256

marcus.ames said:

I've been trying off and on lately to see if I can match the mood of some of Simon Stålenhag's sci-fi art, and Ant Farm has just the right well-worn, non-threatening, retrofuturistic stuff to pull it off.

I'm a big fan of Stålenhag, and this comment sent me straight over to The AntFarm's catalog. You've got a good point. Definitely some stuff in there to wishlist.

• MouserMouser Posts: 675

Phew this thing is up to page 38 so far, here goes nothing, I'll add my squeek.

Has anyone been able to get the Grab Bag discount to work for Genesis 8?

Situation:I have 7 items from said list plus a new release but no 3.99 price only the default discount.

Am I missing something?

Thanks;)

• MouserMouser Posts: 675

Mouser said:

Phew this thing is up to page 38 so far, here goes nothing, I'll add my squeek.

Has anyone been able to get the Grab Bag discount to work for Genesis 8?

Situation:I have 7 items from said list plus a new release but no 3.99 price only the default discount.

Am I missing something?

Thanks;)

Coincidence, after this post now it works all of a sudden.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387

Heads up: Today's daily holidaz deal Mercury coupe has an editorial license...

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898

I drew the short straw today with the calendar. The 2.99 item is from my wishlist, but one that I was hoping I'd get for free. The free item is beyond useless, textures for an ancient V3 clothing set that I don't own. But then again I don't think I'm supposed to have a punch today anyway, so I really can't complain.

• MazhMazh Posts: 485
    edited December 2023

The first free/ $2.99 calendar items were nice, sometimes I couldn't even decide which one to take (missed some because the calendar was broken the first days though).

Now the selection is really weird, free stuff for V3 or H3, a V4 dress texture for a dress I don't even own for $2.99 e.g. ?

Post edited by Mazh on
  • ElorElor Posts: 1,095

Mazh said:

The first free/ $2.99 calendar items were nice, sometimes I couldn't even decide which one to take (missed some because the calendar was broken the first days though).

Now the selection is really weird, free stuff for V3 or H3, a V4 dress texture for a dress I don't even own for $2.99 e.g. ?

Do you have Daz Originals products costing less than ~$34-35 in your wishlist ? They should also be not too new (I have yet to see Genesis 9 items here as an example).

If you have enough eligible items in your wishlist, barring a recent change, the system should select the advent calendar items among them and not among all eligible Daz Originals.

• MazhMazh Posts: 485
    edited December 2023

There are a few and they could try the items from the broken caledar days again. But even if there is not a single DO in my wishlist - limit the $2.99 Item selection pool to useful items (newer SKU, environments, props, etc.) should be no rocket science wink

Post edited by Mazh on
  • caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,418

Yesterday I added a Daz+ item to my wishlist, and today - wow! - it appeared in the advent calendar. Thank you, Daz AI!

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317
    Mazh said:

There are a few and they could try the items from the broken caledar days again. But even if there is not a single DO in my wishlist - limit the $2.99 Item selection pool to useful items (newer SKU, environments, props, etc.) should be no rocket science wink

I have about 1500 items in my wishlist so I have plenty of eligible gen8/gen8.1 stuff. The only options I have had are from my wish list and I have gone free all the way. Most days I am buying the new 2.99 daily special that ends up being $1.94 with discount. I figure that means I am getting a wishlist item and the new daily special combined for $1.94. I love the advent calendar. Just waiting for some cool discounts like we had last year. Probably half my library came from December sales at 90-95% off.
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,688

I'm starting to find it hard to keep up my punches atm, because there's been nothing of interest for me personally in the new releases for a while now and the featured artists section doesn't seem to change overly much. I got by with the 2.99 dailies for a good while, but I really didn't want to buy the car with the editorial license yesterday, and today, I've been keeping an eye on the Lightning deals, but nothing came up so far. Now it's around bedtime where I live and I still haven't made up my mind, and it's gotten a bit annoying actually. 

• tsroemi said:

I'm starting to find it hard to keep up my punches atm, because there's been nothing of interest for me personally in the new releases for a while now and the featured artists section doesn't seem to change overly much. I got by with the 2.99 dailies for a good while, but I really didn't want to buy the car with the editorial license yesterday, and today, I've been keeping an eye on the Lightning deals, but nothing came up so far. Now it's around bedtime where I live and I still haven't made up my mind, and it's gotten a bit annoying actually. 

That's me over the last few days. I am quite sure that as soon as I'm not up to date on punches is when there will finally be the one-day sale of my dreams, that I've been waiting since the end of the Daz+/tokens sales for. I was very bummed about yesterday's car being an editorial license item - I was thrilled to see a 40s/50s era car, and disappointed that it was editorial licence, which I won't buy or even download for free. Failing the $2.99 item, I also have been watching lightning sales all day for something. There just hasn't been the right new stuff, at the right price, to motivate me in recent weeks.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,688

paulawp (marahzen) said:

tsroemi said:

That's me over the last few days. I am quite sure that as soon as I'm not up to date on punches is when there will finally be the one-day sale of my dreams, that I've been waiting since the end of the Daz+/tokens sales for. I was very bummed about yesterday's car being an editorial license item - I was thrilled to see a 40s/50s era car, and disappointed that it was editorial licence, which I won't buy or even download for free. Failing the $2.99 item, I also have been watching lightning sales all day for something. There just hasn't been the right new stuff, at the right price, to motivate me in recent weeks.

Yeah, that would be typical for my luck as well. Also, keeping the punches rolling (well ...) with buying a little bit each day was actually fun so far I thought. DAZ is being really sweet this year with the double freebies, and I don't mind at all giving a bit back as well. I wish they would pull out the alt shapes again and this time add the ones that were missing in the last un-vaulting (is that even a word?) - especially Amelia. The young shape of her looked so sweet, I would dearly like to add it to my library. Ah well, guess I'll get the car anyways despite the license, it really IS beautifully made ...

This discussion has been closed.