There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited January 13

Fixmypcmike said:

kyoto kid said:

...when I click on the "Shop Now" buttons for either the Recent and Legacy Back Catalogue sales,  it does nothing .  What gives?

Those just go to the section on the page, click the "view all artist items" in that section to see them. 

...when I clicked on them they went nowhere, just left me at the same spot.  Now today i see a list of vendors at the buttom of today's sale page after the Featured Artist Stores that wasn't there yesterday.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited January 13

SilverGirl said:

No way am I scrolling theough that many pages of stuff.

i wound up just putting all the stuff from my wishlist that already had a decent discount into my cart to see what it did.

Not impressed with the results, took it all back out. Maybe better luck tomorrow... at least today had a gift card sale, even if it was only 10%

SapphireBlue said:

It's one of those weeks, when my mind doesn't have the energy to fathom DAZ sales.

So I'll just wait to see if the Oracle of the DAZ store* tells me if it's a shopping day, and take it from there...

...same here on bth accounts.  

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156

If I understand correctly, DAZ has sort of gamified their sales - Made a game of it, to keep us engaged. Pretty sure that's the function of lightning deals, and there are signs of it in many areas of their marketing. Unless you're wearing your monobrow and want what you want RIGHT NOW, isn't the goal here to get a great, if not the the best deal? Of course, it's not practical for DAZ to offer the best all the time, and sometimes they use stacking and combinations to make the really determined deal seekers work to get that deal. So, we play their game! devil

I should add, like others, the percentages I;m seeing are not encouraging me to actually buy stuff today, but I imagine this sale is going to do rather well for DAZ. As we've been told so often, we forumites don't necessarily represent the larger DAZ audience.

• hookflashhookflash Posts: 167
    edited January 14

I think there's something screwy going on with the Day 2 Recent Back Catalog section. Example: Click directly on AlFan. You'll be shown 2 products: "Unforgettable Expressions" and "Pure Tears." Now, go back and click the "View All Artist Items" link in the same section (the *recent* back catalog section, not the legacy one), and filter by artist to show AlFan's items. You'll be shown 4 legacy items. In other words, if you use the "View All Artist Items" link, which I imagine most people do, you're going to be missing out on the non-legacy items.

Edit: I think you can use this link to list all the non-legacy items: https://www.daz3d.com/summer-ready-blowout

Post edited by hookflash on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579

hookflash said:

I think there's something screwy going on with the Day 2 Recent Back Catalog section. Example: Click directly on AlFan. You'll be shown 2 products: "Unforgettable Expressions" and "Pure Tears." Now, go back and click the "View All Artist Items" link in the same section (the *recent* back catalog section, not the legacy one), and filter by artist to show AlFan's items. You'll be shown 4 legacy items. In other words, if you use the "View All Artist Items" link, which I imagine most people do, you're going to be missing out on the non-legacy items.

Edit: I think you can use this link to list all the non-legacy items: https://www.daz3d.com/summer-ready-blowout

Yes, the link in that section is wrong, I reported it. 

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898

Torquinox said:

If I understand correctly, DAZ has sort of gamified their sales - Made a game of it, to keep us engaged. Pretty sure that's the function of lightning deals, and there are signs of it in many areas of their marketing. Unless you're wearing your monobrow and want what you want RIGHT NOW, isn't the goal here to get a great, if not the the best deal? Of course, it's not practical for DAZ to offer the best all the time, and sometimes they use stacking and combinations to make the really determined deal seekers work to get that deal. So, we play their game! devil

Yes, but this has been the case for years. Nothing new.

• If it doesn't require a coupon & the selection is very large, I've started just looking at my wishlist.

Hylas said:

Yes, but this has been the case for years. Nothing new.

I agree, but maybe some folks missed the memo.

• SilverGirl said:

No way am I scrolling theough that many pages of stuff.

i wound up just putting all the stuff from my wishlist that already had a decent discount into my cart to see what it did.

Not impressed with the results, took it all back out. Maybe better luck tomorrow... at least today had a gift card sale, even if it was only 10%

The good thing about this sale is we know it runs for seven (five-ish more) days. That I didn't see any sort of discount that enticed me on day 1 - and that the sale is following the same criteria each day - means I don't need to engage with any of it until a new sale pops up. The most I'm doing is putting any new releases I may be interested in on my wish list.

• It's not as amazing as some of the sales of last summer and fall, but it's not bad. With one new release and three from the 4800+ Legacy group, I'm getting 79-88% off, and that's including stuff up through G8.1. The more recent Blowout section, with 1400 items, I'm seeing 72-84% off with three items from that group in the cart.It looks like Blowout is including stuff released as recently as last October.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579

It finally happened:  I bought a Lightning Deal.  I was looking through my content trying to find something for a specific render, and the perfect item popped up in LD.  A DO, too, and I still had my Daz+ coupon.

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 721

Out of curiosity, is it normal/common for there to be some sort of loyalty/rewards program? I started right at the end of the Daz toakens, and then it switched to the advent punchcard thing... and then it just dropped with no warning, and nothing to replace it. Is there likely to be something else like that again?

• SilverGirl said:

Out of curiosity, is it normal/common for there to be some sort of loyalty/rewards program? I started right at the end of the Daz toakens, and then it switched to the advent punchcard thing... and then it just dropped with no warning, and nothing to replace it. Is there likely to be something else like that again?

Tokens were new last year, but there have been semi-frequent punchcard type sales for quite a while.

• Phew, interested in dForce SU One Piece Sweater for Genesis 9, 8.1, and 8 Female, but why is there now promo render of the back included?
    Anyhow. Price development did kill most of my interest in new stuff. Even at 60% 3 (non Daz+) new releases are mostly > $25 now, often more and the 6from18 is not valid on new releases. So thanks. - If it stays like that my store credit will last for some more weeks I guess.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189
    edited January 14

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Phew, interested in dForce SU One Piece Sweater for Genesis 9, 8.1, and 8 Female, but why is there now promo render of the back included?

It happend regularly, that the products isn't properly shown, which is annoying.

Here is an image from the back.

SU_One_piece.png
    1200 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by felis on
  • XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317

Daz+ membership is probably the closest thing to a rewards program you get over 64 free items over the course of a year for being a member. Plus you get an extra 30% off all daz originals. You also get 2 coupons for some $6 discounts each month. Lot of folks gripe about how it is not as good as it used to be, but in my case it has been the best bang for the buck, especially for someone newer to daz. For folks who have been here for over a decade, the benefits are not near as good, but at different points during the year it can be picked up for half off. The extra 30% off alone is worth that if you buy a couple big things during the year.
  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 721

XiousDs said:

SilverGirl said:

Daz+ membership is probably the closest thing to a rewards program you get over 64 free items over the course of a year for being a member. Plus you get an extra 30% off all daz originals. You also get 2 coupons for some $6 discounts each month. Lot of folks gripe about how it is not as good as it used to be, but in my case it has been the best bang for the buck, especially for someone newer to daz. For folks who have been here for over a decade, the benefits are not near as good, but at different points during the year it can be picked up for half off. The extra 30% off alone is worth that if you buy a couple big things during the year.

Already a Daz+ member, plus I get gift cards when they're on sale. I do wish less of the free stuff was sci-fi, older models, and random plants, none of which fit with my needs, but the coupons are and discount are worth the membership for me. I just got spoiled with that extra 35% off and am hoping for an encore LOL.

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317

XiousDs said:

SilverGirl said:

Already a Daz+ member, plus I get gift cards when they're on sale. I do wish less of the free stuff was sci-fi, older models, and random plants, none of which fit with my needs, but the coupons are and discount are worth the membership for me. I just got spoiled with that extra 35% off and am hoping for an encore LOL.

All year long daz does different discounts, but usually they will be inferior to the 2 daz+ sales(around march/october), the summer sale (around may/june), and the holiday sales(around thanks giving to slightly after new years.) The exceptions are random flash sales and orange banners that some times can be on par or better then holiday sales.
  • joannajoanna Posts: 1,289

Just a little chuckle. Today's Daz promo mail had the subject "What's Hotter Than Products for a Dollar?", and without even opening, I immediately thought, "products for a dollar without a buy-in". Gave me chuckle when I checked out the promo page. Apparently, managing expectations might be the key to stress-free Daz shopping (or window-shopping when there are buy-ins).

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636

XiousDs said:

SilverGirl said:

XiousDs said:

SilverGirl said:

All year long daz does different discounts, but usually they will be inferior to the 2 daz+ sales(around march/october), the summer sale (around may/june), and the holiday sales(around thanks giving to slightly after new years.) The exceptions are random flash sales and orange banners that some times can be on par or better then holiday sales.

Of last year's sales I thought the PA month-long sale in September was the best.  

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,418

joanna said:

Just a little chuckle. Today's Daz promo mail had the subject "What's Hotter Than Products for a Dollar?", and without even opening, I immediately thought, "products for a dollar without a buy-in". Gave me chuckle when I checked out the promo page. Apparently, managing expectations might be the key to stress-free Daz shopping (or window-shopping when there are buy-ins).

Well, the 'generous' offer to spend $10+ to get 1 (!) product for a dollar leads us into the fossil room of the Daz shop, where the petrified bones from 20+ years of business activity are to be found ;-) Not that these products are bad, on the contrary, but they are now a little too outdated to make a big advertising splash. I feel like a bit of a joke...

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,348

caravelle said:

joanna said:

Well, the 'generous' offer to spend $10+ to get 1 (!) product for a dollar leads us into the fossil room of the Daz shop, where the petrified bones from 20+ years of business activity are to be found ;-) Not that these products are bad, on the contrary, but they are now a little too outdated to make a big advertising splash. I feel like a bit of a joke...

I don't think there is anything in that list I would buy for a dollar even without the buy in. Poser users might be more tempted.

My wallet is safe again today. >_>

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

Only the "60% off any 3 or more Daz+ items" gets good enough discount, but it's still about double the price of not so distant past.

edited January 15

PerttiA said:

Only the "60% off any 3 or more Daz+ items" gets good enough discount, but it's still about double the price of not so distant past.

There are a handful of items I really would like to get from Daz+ store. I have that $6 off $18 coupon. If those items were in the mix, I'd make a cart. The prices would work out well enough. But they're not, at least not today. I'll see what happens later in the week, if not later in the month. One never knows about these things! 

Post edited by Torquinox on
    edited January 16

Charlie Judge said:

XiousDs said:

SilverGirl said:

XiousDs said:

SilverGirl said:

Of last year's sales I thought the PA month-long sale in September was the best.  

...yes 

as long as you had tokens to use (which stacked with coupons and other offers).

I actually found both Daz+ sales to be rather "meh" compared to previous years. Too dependent on debut and new releases to unlock good discounts ( though at least new Daz+ items counted), base prices increased during the sale and some of the deals (like the BYOB) were not as good  as in the past)

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,776

Have you noticed that the pricing is such that you're always a penny or so short of triggering a higher discount? Like it will say any new product over $5 to get a discount, when the ower priced new items are always 4.99 or less. $17.99 is very common, so you have to buy something else to qualify for DAZ+ PA coupon, etc etc

• TesseractSpaceTesseractSpace Posts: 1,213

daveso said:

Have you noticed that the pricing is such that you're always a penny or so short of triggering a higher discount? Like it will say any new product over $5 to get a discount, when the ower priced new items are always 4.99 or less. $17.99 is very common, so you have to buy something else to qualify for DAZ+ PA coupon, etc etc

That's a common practice almost everywhere.

• TesseractSpace said:

That's a common practice almost everywhere.

In the Nordics shaking my head.

This discussion has been closed.