There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• daveso said:

Have you noticed that the pricing is such that you're always a penny or so short of triggering a higher discount? Like it will say any new product over $5 to get a discount, when the ower priced new items are always 4.99 or less. $17.99 is very common, so you have to buy something else to qualify for DAZ+ PA coupon, etc etc

What's unfortunate is that there's usually several things for $4.99 that I could reasonably use, and I would be perfectly OK with buying them for $5.59 or $5.99 ... and the actual items that are priced between, say, $5 and $8 are things I totally have no interest in/use for. 

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156

Today was DAZ+ day for me. I cleaned up. This is not ancient V4 stuff. Some of this is drop-dead gorgeous. Okay, all of it is! I'm so pleased, I'll share a screenshot. There's a lot of good treasure in today's selections. Well worth the $6/$18 coupon! I'll just say, Thanks DAZ! laugh

240116 cart.png
    1437 x 1068 - 210K
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,776

Torquinox said:

Today was DAZ+ day for me. I cleaned up. This is not ancient V4 stuff. Some of this is drop-dead gorgeous. Okay, all of it is! I'm so pleased, I'll share a screenshot. There's a lot of good treasure in today's selections. Well worth the $6/$18 coupon! I'll just say, Thanks DAZ! laugh

its all personally relevant , right. What's great for you might be ho hum for me, etc.  I can see there are people that are really excited about old or new releases. I've pretty much have nothing I really need or want prior to G8. I grab a few things every once in awhile if its needed for something, but otherwise just float by it. I see people getting pretty excited by getting 40-50% off something, whereas I'm now in the 70% off category before I'll buy something, most of the time. I usually buy ultrascenery stuff right away, no matter the discount.  I think its a matter of getting frustrated though, as we were discussing in the other thread. 

Yeah. I just need to stop talking about it and move on with rendering and creating. DAZ is DAZ. The crazy sales and buy ins have been going on for a very long time. Probably nothing going to change too much in the near future. I have to assume pricing is going to continue in the upward direction and my paycheck will not, resulting in my buying even less. Life goes on. 

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156

@daveso I wish for you happy rendering. Have some fun with what you've got!

• Korpin.SulatKorpin.Sulat Posts: 414
    edited January 17

The Daz+ little sale along with that 20% coupon got a grin out of me. Dang good bargains. Only regret is that I didn't have more in the bank today, that Restaurant Crime Scene has been sitting in my wishlist forever.

Post edited by Korpin.Sulat on
  • TesseractSpaceTesseractSpace Posts: 1,213

Korpin.Sulat said:

TesseractSpace said:

That's a common practice almost everywhere.

In the Nordics shaking my head.

Sorry, common practice in every US based store, online or otherwise. Discounts and prices are often set so the price of a single item is either just below or way above what triggers the usually offered discounts.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579

Yes, it's still general practive in the US to have prices end in .99, .49, etc. Don't know if people still psychologically respond to $7.99 as if it's significantly less than $8.00.  Don't see anyone doing that with the amount required to trigger discounts.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

well it essentially means you can never use the $6 off $18 DAZ+ on a cart around $18 as it's eother $17.9something or $18,9something or if you are really lucky $18.50

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 721

Daz tokens are back, for any who haven't noticed... made me glad I didn't check out this morning when I was filling my cart as they weren't active yet...

https://www.daz3d.com/daz-tokens

Max 8 tokens, higher discount on DO's at the 6-8 token range, which I don't recall from last time.

• SilverGirl said:

Daz tokens are back, for any who haven't noticed... made me glad I didn't check out this morning when I was filling my cart as they weren't active yet...

Max 8 tokens, higher discount on DO's at the 6-8 token range, which I don't recall from last time.

Yep, figures. I almost always finish buying at the end of the day, but today I was so excited to try something out (which I didn't even get the chance to do yet) that I paid for my cart this morning - when there weren't tokens yet. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,845

I made my first purchase of the year today ($2.06). I guess I won't get any tokens. wink

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636
    edited January 18

SilverGirl said:

IIRC the discount was 5% for each token up to a maximum use of 8 tokens for 40% discount whether they were DOs or non-DOs. This time you can only get a maximum discount of up to 30% on non-DOs 

ETA: The new promo also says they expire after a "limited time" but doesn't tell us how long that time is; so they could disappear anytime.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • TomhipTomhip Posts: 328

Yeah also it keeps going from 30 to 35 on the same page....

"Apply your tokens at checkout to get up to 35% extra off your entire cart or up to 45% extra off Daz Originals in your cart."

"Use a max of 8 Tokens on a single order to get an extra 30 % OFF or 45% off Daz Originals!*"

Doesnt chnage the fact that first you need to convince me to actualy dosh out for something to get the tokens and its been pretty slim since December....

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,776

i'm not participating to stay in the token game this time. 

daveso said:

No, I didn't last time, and even I'm less incentivized this time. I don't like all the games. The store sale pages are becoming impossible for me to navigate and understand. I look at what is new and then leave if nothing is compelling.

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317
    barbult said:

daveso said:

No, I didn't last time, and even I'm less incentivized this time. I don't like all the games. The store sale pages are becoming impossible for me to navigate and understand. I look at what is new and then leave if nothing is compelling.

I stopped buying last year because of the tokens for about 4 months or so. I did not start buying again until the tokens went away. Lol. On items specific note, anyone use squishy human for gen 8 or 9, the shape rigger plus tools, or the foliage maker? I am considering picking those up as part of a 3 for 60% off thing, but not certain how well they work to warrant spending the money.
  • I largely quit buying after the tokens ended because A) I was spoiled by the prices I had been getting on practically anything and everything, which led to B) acquiring, in the span of five months or so, everything I reasonably need. What a lot of people spent years accumulating, I got between spring and fall of last year, largely at 80-90%+ off.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636

Charlie Judge said:

SilverGirl said:

IIRC the discount was 5% for each token up to a maximum use of 8 tokens for 40% discount whether they were DOs or non-DOs. This time you can only get a maximum discount of up to 30% on non-DOs 

ETA: The new promo also says they expire after a "limited time" but doesn't tell us how long that time is; so they could disappear anytime.

Update: I bought something and then it told me when they expired. The length of time seems to be the same as it was before - 4 days (or 5 if earned after 00:00UTC)

XiousDs said:

barbult said:

daveso said:

I stopped buying last year because of the tokens for about 4 months or so. I did not start buying again until the tokens went away. Lol. On items specific note, anyone use squishy human for gen 8 or 9, the shape rigger plus tools, or the foliage maker? I am considering picking those up as part of a 3 for 60% off thing, but not certain how well they work to warrant spending the money.

I don't have squishy human, but I wasn't impressed with the promos or user feedback. Shape Rigger Plus is very valuable if you create character morphs and need to adjust the rigging. Be sure you buy the version for the generation of character you are using. There is a new one for Genesis 9. Foliage Maker is a lot of fun, but sometimes frustrating to control. There is a long thread where users share their experiences and creations.

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 721

I was fortunate today that a lot of the utilites I'd had my eye on were on a good discount with the Face Transfer 2 fixer included, so I wound up getting a bunch of stuff at a little short of 10 PM CST. Countdown timer said 3 (and change) hours (so, to Daz midnight) plus 5 days. We'll see if there's anything in that 5 days that's worth it for me; most of my wishlisted stuff now is in the "oooh shiny" category instead of the "its lack holds me back" category

edited January 18
    barbult said:

XiousDs said:

barbult said:

daveso said:

I don't have squishy human, but I wasn't impressed with the promos or user feedback. Shape Rigger Plus is very valuable if you create character morphs and need to adjust the rigging. Be sure you buy the version for the generation of character you are using. There is a new one for Genesis 9. Foliage Maker is a lot of fun, but sometimes frustrating to control. There is a long thread where users share their experiences and creations.

Thanks for the feedback. I have started doing my own figures with blender based off the g9 shape, but auto adjust rigging to shape works really well, so was not certain how useful shaperiger plus was. The demo images compares not using adjust rigging to shape to shape rigging plus which is a bad comparison. Decided I would start moving over to g9 since I like the uniform shape since it is great for mixing creature morphs with out worrying about one morph was based off one gender shape and the other morph is based off the other gender shape, and I love creature/hybrid stuff. I had a bunch of creature textures that I liked from gen 8 that was a hold up for me messing with gen 9. Recently got the gen 9 geograft supporting legacy gen 3-8.1 uvs and it has worked really well for me so far.
    Post edited by XiousDs on

XiousDs said:

barbult said:

XiousDs said:

barbult said:

daveso said:

Thanks for the feedback. I have started doing my own figures with blender based off the g9 shape, but auto adjust rigging to shape works really well, so was not certain how useful shaperiger plus was. The demo images compares not using adjust rigging to shape to shape rigging plus which is a bad comparison. Decided I would start moving over to g9 since I like the uniform shape since it is great for mixing creature morphs with out worrying about one morph was based off one gender shape and the other morph is based off the other gender shape, and I love creature/hybrid stuff.

There is a video about Shape Rigger Plus G9 Edition that explains some of the advantages over Adjust Rigging to Shape. Adjusting eye rigging for G9 is a little tricky and Shape Rigger takes care of it. I like it, but if you are satisfied with your current method, save the money.

• "Buy the Chiara Bundle for Genesis 9 and save an extra 10% off on your entire order"

"*Discount excludes New Releases, Daz+ Items, Memberships, and Licenses"

Not the entire order then, is it?

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 328

Since You Own One or More Michael 9 Bundle, Get an Extra 30% Off The Michelle for Michael 9 Bundle
    For Participating in 2023's Holiday Sale, Get the Shapes for the New Michelle Bundle for Free. In Your Cart, the Price Will Be Discounted by the Amount Equal to the Shapes!
    Unlock Special Savings!
    Since You Own One or More Michael 9 Bundle, Get an Extra 30% Off The Michelle for Michael 9 Bundle

Thats a lot of messages ;o

• sueyasueya Posts: 830
    edited January 18

Tomhip said:

For Participating in 2023's Holiday Sale, Get the Shapes for the New Michelle Bundle for Free. In Your Cart, the Price Will Be Discounted by the Amount Equal to the Shapes!
    Unlock Special Savings!

Thats a lot of messages ;o

It's annoying that you have to buy the whole Michelle for Michael 9 Bundle in order to get the Shapes Bundle for Free - would be better if there was a cheaper way to get the bundle for free

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • This line doesn't even make sense: For Participating in 2023's Holiday Sale, Get the Shapes for the New Michelle Bundle for Free. In Your Cart, the Price Will Be Discounted by the Amount Equal to the Shapes!

You get a discount equal to the number of shapes in the product itself? You get a discount equal to what you paid for the the Shapes product? Which would be $0?

• ElorElor Posts: 1,096
    edited January 18

The text of the banner could be written better, but when you click on it, what the discount is appears more clearly:

As our thanks to you for participating in the 2023 Holiday sale, please enjoy the shape portion of the new Michelle for Michael 9 Bundle for free.

Simply put the bundle in your cart and you will see the price discounted by the amount that the shape would have cost

The shape they are speaking about is Michael 9 HD Feminine Shape Add-On.

And what you need to buy is the full bundle:

https://www.daz3d.com/michelle-for-michael-9-bundle

Post edited by Elor on
  • joannajoanna Posts: 1,289

I really like stuff in the Michelle bundle, and the extra discount makes it an attractive buy. Buuut I don't have Michael yet. I know his bundles are on sale at the moment, but I own so much from them, bought piece by piece, that even the discounted price is way too high for what I would actually be getting.

I wish they brought back buying bundles "for the price of the items you don't own" promotion or even better, implemented it as part of the discounts for good.

As far as tokens are concerned, I'm not hooked because of the short expiration period. Previous time had taught me that there usually isn't anything great to use them within the 4 days span.

I really don't understand why tokens have to expire. Why not let everyone collect them? Big spenders will have a lot, true, but the maximum discount is set anyway, so it's not like anyone could abuse the system, while smaller spenders might feel tempted to buy more ("I'll throw an old $3 item into the cart to get to the next token"), because there's no discouragement of their tokens expiring before they get a better discount with them or something they actually want to buy.

But, perhaps, it's the FOMO and spend big non-stop tactics, and then, I can just walk away knowing that tokens are not for me. They're a reward for big spenders, and that's it. And that's fine: it just doesn't encourage other people (like me) to spend more. :)

joanna said:

I really like stuff in the Michelle bundle, and the extra discount makes it an attractive buy. Buuut I don't have Michael yet. I know his bundles are on sale at the moment, but I own so much from them, bought piece by piece, that even the discounted price is way too high for what I would actually be getting.

I wish they brought back buying bundles "for the price of the items you don't own" promotion or even better, implemented it as part of the discounts for good.

As far as tokens are concerned, I'm not hooked because of the short expiration period. Previous time had taught me that there usually isn't anything great to use them within the 4 days span.

I really don't understand why tokens have to expire. Why not let everyone collect them? Big spenders will have a lot, true, but the maximum discount is set anyway, so it's not like anyone could abuse the system, while smaller spenders might feel tempted to buy more ("I'll throw an old $3 item into the cart to get to the next token"), because there's no discouragement of their tokens expiring before they get a better discount with them or something they actually want to buy.

But, perhaps, it's the FOMO and spend big non-stop tactics, and then, I can just walk away knowing that tokens are not for me. They're a reward for big spenders, and that's it. And that's fine: it just doesn't encourage other people (like me) to spend more. :)

If I overall like a bundle, I won't buy stuff from a bundle anymore. Did that a few times where then after I could have gotten the whole bundle for less than $10. Based on that I would agree, that owning stuff from a bundle should always discount a bundle. Usually when you get that as a special the discounts are bad and the only reason to take advantage of the sale is to clear out things like starter bundles from the shop that I already own all the stuff from by buying the pro bundle.
  • TriCounterTriCounter Posts: 505
    edited January 18

So, spend $50 to get 25% off 5% for every $10

Spend $80 and get 30%... 1.6% for every $10 over $50

Is that correct?

Post edited by TriCounter on
This discussion has been closed.