There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275

Elor said:

The text of the banner could be written better, but when you click on it, what the discount is appears more clearly:

As our thanks to you for participating in the 2023 Holiday sale, please enjoy the shape portion of the new Michelle for Michael 9 Bundle for free.

Simply put the bundle in your cart and you will see the price discounted by the amount that the shape would have cost

The shape they are speaking about is Michael 9 HD Feminine Shape Add-On.

And what you need to buy is the full bundle:

https://www.daz3d.com/michelle-for-michael-9-bundle

Makes no sense. It should say you get the shape product free if you purchase/have the bundle. I got the orange banner and as it stands with current verbiage, Shapes should be free, period.

• columbinecolumbine Posts: 387
    edited January 18

The amusing thing is that the Michelle shape is the part of the bundle I want the least--don't care for it. But since it was being thrown in for free with that offer, I went ahead. If you're looking for actual numbers, the special offer changed the price of the bundle from the $41.99 shown on the item page to $20.92 in cart.

Post edited by columbine on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,776

columbine said:

The amusing thing is that the Michelle shape is the part of the bundle I want the least--don't care for it. But since it was being thrown in for free with that offer, I went ahead. If you're looking for actual numbers, the special offer changed the price of the bundle from the $41.99 shown on the item page to $20.92 in cart.

mine only went down to 27. what other discount are you using?   

if you do like the shape for Michael, you can just buy that and not the bundle. Things are discounting when you put them in the cart. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,845

daveso said:

columbine said:

Probably added the Victorian outfit textures.

edited January 18

daveso said:

columbine said:

Hmm. I did also have another new release in cart (the Giko wings and poses). Was there a "better discount for buying more than one new release" in play? I can't keep track anymore.

EDIT: Yeah, looks like there was.

ANOTHER EDIT for barbult: Nah, I never buy outfit texture add-on packs unless they offer me some fabric changes I can't easily do myself just by changing the base color of the surface.

Post edited by columbine on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636

I have an orange banner to "Enjoy a free shape" but am disappointed that it isn't really free and requires the purchaseof a bundle

Charlie Judge said:

I have an orange banner to "Enjoy a free shape" but am disappointed that it isn't really free and requires the purchaseof a bundle

DAZ has a new kind of free. I guess it is somewhat free if you buy the bundle. The price of the shape is subracted from the bundle total.  

edited January 18

oops - I just added the michelle bundle to my cart and it dropped all the way to $13.92. Now why did that happen? I have a lot of extra stuff in the cart trying to figure out pricing and the best bang for buck, so most would get eliminated if I were to buy the bundle, but ... 

EDIT: OK --- having Michael 9 in there brings it down to $20. With one current new release it drops the price down to $13. 
    EDIT AGAIN: Nope .. you need two items from the current new releases. Who knows really. it seems to change at a whim with different things in the cart

cart michelle.jpg
    905 x 767 - 92K
    Post edited by daveso on
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,389
    edited January 18

Bought the Michael Bundle last night paid $5.52 for it

Had these in the cart as well

dForce Victorian Lady Outfit Texture Add-On

Edge Of Wonders

Chiara Bundle for Genesis 9

Carts Grand Total $39.28

Post edited by Robert Freise on

@daveso I think what you hit was the

40% off

50% off* any 2 of these New Releases

60% off* any 3 or more

I no longer try very hard to figure out how things stack and I just throw stuff into the cart to see what real price I'm getting.

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,389

I no longer try very hard to figure out how things stack and I just throw stuff into the cart to see what real price I'm getting.

Same here, Then I sort out what I want and wishlist or forget about the rest 

• It's of no use to me or anyone who isn't into pro bundles, G9, &/or Mike 9. We'll see if they offer me any deals tomorrow when I have cash.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,490

I have no idea how the discounts on Michelle are working, but I'm NOT complaining. $5.52 with the Chiara bundle and one other new item in the cart. (Chiara and the other each got the expected 60%.)

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,114
    edited January 19
    "Free" item isn't free, and the new bundle definitely isn't $5.52 for me. At this rate, I might finish out January without any Daz purchases for the month. Good for the wallet, I suppose.
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
  • ElorElor Posts: 1,096

doubledeviant said:

"Free" item isn't free, and the new bundle definitely isn't $5.52 for me. At this rate, I might finish out January without any Daz purchases for the month. Good for the wallet, I suppose.

To get to $5.52, someone needs the four following discounts:

• the 'Owning one or more Michael 9 Bundles' discount
    • the Daz+ discount on Daz Originals
    • the 'Free shape' discount for participating in the December sale
    • two eligible New releases in the cart (today would be the 'Catch-Up' New Releases) alongside the bundle.

If one of the two eligible New releases is a Daz Original (currently, there is only the dForce Victorian Lady Outfit Texture Add-On), it's possible to get the bundle discounted further with the $6 Daz+ coupon (the one working only on Daz Originals excluding Daz+ items).

• I tend to rather ignore the store lately. Therefore: Is it token time again? And if so, how long do those live this time?

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636

Rod Wise Driggo said:

I tend to rather ignore the store lately. Therefore: Is it token time again? And if so, how long do those live this time?

Yes, tokens are back. Like before they last for 4 days (or 5 days if purchased after 00:00 UTC ( 7;00 pm EST) . However the maximum percent off is different this time: 

1 token is 7% off your entire cart
    2 tokens are 13% off your entire cart
    3 tokens are 18% off your entire cart
    4 tokens are 22% off your entire cart
    5 tokens are 25% off your entire cart
    6 tokens are 27% off your entire cart BUT 30% off Daz Originals in your cart
    7 tokens are 29% off your entire cart BUT 35% off Daz Originals in your cart
    8 tokens are 30% off your entire cart BUT 45% off Daz Originals in your cart

Use a max of 8 Tokens on a single order to get an extra 30 % OFF or 45% off Daz Originals!*

• Andrew_CAndrew_C Posts: 98

This Michelle Shape thing is very confusing and giving me a headache. Its definately not free whatever it is. I think I'll pass on it

there are good deals today though. I have quite a few items for 80% + off in my cart. My cutoff is usually 70%. Do I drop the CC on this or not, that is the question. 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

Yeah, with the help of 6off18 coupon, I managed to get the cart for 90% off with an average $2 per item and earned two tokens.

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 328

7 tokens are 29% off your entire cart
    8 tokens are 30% off your entire cart

Seriously? BeDAZzling...

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

Tomhip said:

Seriously? BeDAZzling...

45% off with 8 tokens if the items in the cart are Daz Originals 

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,158

PerttiA said:

Yeah, with the help of 6off18 coupon, I managed to get the cart for 90% off with an average $2 per item and earned two tokens.

What coupon is that?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579

lou_harper said:

PerttiA said:

What coupon is that?

The Daz+ monthly coupon for $6 off $18 

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 328

PerttiA said:

Tomhip said:

Seriously? BeDAZzling...

45% off with 8 tokens if the items in the cart are Daz Originals

30% off with 8 tokens if the items in the cart are not Daz Originals

• Andrew_C said:

This Michelle Shape thing is very confusing and giving me a headache. Its definately not free whatever it is. I think I'll pass on it

Are you not seeing the updated version of the onsite message, which seems unambiguous to me:

Enjoy a Free Shape!

As our thanks to you for participating in the 2023 Holiday sale,
    please enjoy the shape portion of the new
    Michelle for Michael 9 Bundle for free.

Simply put the bundle in your cart and you will see the price discounted by the amount that the shape would have cost

• JumbotronJumbotron Posts: 83

Hello,

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask about this. Please, excuse me if it is not.

There's this thing that's happened to me several times in the last few days upon buying a lightning deal. Basically, it consists of a product being sold during the 3-hour that the deal lasts with a huge discount of 92 or 93 percent. However, when I add said product to my cart and I open it to follow with the purchase procedure, the discount is no longer the advertised, but 89 percent. It's happened to me several times in a short period of time. And while the difference in price is not that big, especially for products that are not sold in a bundle, it still is bothering me that the final price is not the same as the advertised one. I already submitted a ticket today asking for this. But in the meantime, I wonder if you have any idea of why this is happening.

I'm attaching a couple of screenshots, which explain clearly what I mean.

Thank you.

ss1.jpg
    2538 x 910 - 371K
    ss2.jpg
    1461 x 481 - 82K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,845

jumbotron.nkna said:

Hello,

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask about this. Please, excuse me if it is not.

There's this thing that's happened to me several times in the last few days upon buying a lightning deal. Basically, it consists of a product being sold during the 3-hour that the deal lasts with a huge discount of 92 or 93 percent. However, when I add said product to my cart and I open it to follow with the purchase procedure, the discount is no longer the advertised, but 89 percent. It's happened to me several times in a short period of time. And while the difference in price is not that big, especially for products that are not sold in a bundle, it still is bothering me that the final price is not the same as the advertised one. I already submitted a ticket today asking for this. But in the meantime, I wonder if you have any idea of why this is happening.

I'm attaching a couple of screenshots, which explain clearly what I mean.

Thank you.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8557451
    is the place to complain about advertised sales that do not work. When you go the the most recent posts in that thread, you will see several people complaining about this Lightning Deals pricing problem. It has happened in the past, too.  You submitted a ticket, which is about all you can do. Customer Service not responding is another frequent complaint. Good luck.

• JumbotronJumbotron Posts: 83

barbult said:

is the place to complain about advertised sales that do not work. When you go the the most recent posts in that thread, you will see several people complaining about this Lightning Deals pricing problem. It has happened in the past, too.  You submitted a ticket, which is about all you can do. Customer Service not responding is another frequent complaint. Good luck.

I see. Thank you very much. smiley

This discussion has been closed.