There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898

barbult said:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8557451
    is the place to complain about advertised sales that do not work. When you go the the most recent posts in that thread, you will see several people complaining about this Lightning Deals pricing problem. It has happened in the past, too.  You submitted a ticket, which is about all you can do. Customer Service not responding is another frequent complaint. Good luck.

In my experience, customer service does respond in sales matters, but it may take them a long time.

What I would do:

1) take a screenshot of the lighting deals page, make sure that date and time is visible

2) take a screenshot of the check out page, again with date and time visible

3) buy the product

4) submit a ticket, include the screenshots, ask for them to refund the difference

This has worked for me every time so far, but it may take them several weeks to respond. It's up to you whether or not it's worth it to you. I usually submit a ticket and just forget about it, and when the refund finally arrives it's a nice little surprise. Not that business should be conducted this way... but it is what it is.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156

Simpler to wait for another sale. :(

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156
    edited January 20

Stacking today is having weird and unexpected effects. Adding the newest new DAZ+ items to cart triggers extra discounts and adding DO items, including lightning deal items, get extra discounts, too.

Post edited by Torquinox on
  • I knew deep down in my heart as soon as I saw the orange banner yesterday proclaiming "WE'RE IN THE FINAL HOURS, GUYS! ACT NOW!" that what they meant was days. I was not wrong.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,846

Korpin.Sulat said:

I knew deep down in my heart as soon as I saw the orange banner yesterday proclaiming "WE'RE IN THE FINAL HOURS, GUYS! ACT NOW!" that what they meant was days. I was not wrong.

Now we just have to wait for the "surprise" sale extension.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,866

barbult said:

Korpin.Sulat said:

I knew deep down in my heart as soon as I saw the orange banner yesterday proclaiming "WE'RE IN THE FINAL HOURS, GUYS! ACT NOW!" that what they meant was days. I was not wrong.

Now we just have to wait for the "surprise" sale extension.

The surprise last time was that they didn't extend the sale. I wonder if the end of the sale also means the end of tokens like it did before? 

• ElorElor Posts: 1,096

xyer0 said:

The surprise last time was that they didn't extend the sale. I wonder if the end of the sale also means the end of tokens like it did before? 

The end of tokens was announced a couple of days before it happened and there is currently no banner speaking about their end (which would be surprising, less than a week after them making a come back).

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 721

"Storewide sale!"
    "Entire store on sale!"

...except, y'know, the parts that are full price. Not those parts.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

Elor said:

xyer0 said:

The end of tokens was announced a couple of days before it happened and there is currently no banner speaking about their end (which would be surprising, less than a week after them making a come back).

Last year, they did end the tokens twice without notice but brought them back after a few days. Now, with the changed rules, I think they are here to stay (at least for a while)

• theflarftheflarf Posts: 137

Can't say I care for tokens, the buy-in over time is too much for me for it to actually be of use.

Almost all my purchases of late comefrom lightning sales landing on something of interest,

However this problem of them increasing in price to the cart is making me not bother buying things I would have done

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,776

yeah, if i buy something and get tokens there's a high possibility they will go unused. I can't afford to keep them active and use them like I did in the past. 

• Boy, I really find zero incentive to buy recenly. Still have a nice amount in store credit left but well.

Even with 60% off I could not make me buy some things lately, too expensive. And today once I would like to get Gigi and the Patient outfit it is only 44% and to get that I even have to use my coupon slot preventing me from using that 6 from 18 for older stuff. So no tokens and even less incentive to do an additional purchase afterwards.

Guess I will wait for March Madness.

And since the browser extension lost main functions in the free version it is even no longer fun to browse the store. DAZ should license that thing and make it availabe for all or include the functions with the site. Guess I missed/ignored some sales just on not having that functionalities any longer.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898

Rod Wise Driggo said:

And since the browser extension lost main functions in the free version it is even no longer fun to browse the store. DAZ should license that thing and make it availabe for all or include the functions with the site. Guess I missed/ignored some sales just on not having that functionalities any longer.

Yeah, absolutely. I'm definitely spending less since the extension stopped working properly (and no, I'm not going to pay for it.) Not out of principle but just because the store is now less functional and less fun, so I spend less time and money.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

Hylas said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Yeah, absolutely. I'm definitely spending less since the extension stopped working properly (and no, I'm not going to pay for it.) Not out of principle but just because the store is now less functional and less fun, so I spend less time and money.

I can only assume it cut profit frome some whale spenders because I too stopped spending considerably since it's demise

the sort by percentage was what made me spend unnecessarily

• TriCounterTriCounter Posts: 505

Anyone explain whey I get a discount putting 3 Daz Originals in my cart (Daz+)?

Goes from 65% to 68% or 79% to 81% or 68% to 72% or 30% to 51% when I put the third one in

What is the deal triggering this? 

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,437

dortybassa said:

Goes from 65% to 68% or 79% to 81% or 68% to 72% or 30% to 51% when I put the third one in

Pop-up banner: Enjoy Triple the Savings! Not three times the discount, but savings on three items.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,846

NorthOf45 said:

dortybassa said:

Pop-up banner: Enjoy Triple the Savings! Not three times the discount, but savings on three items.

That requires a  coupon code in the cart, though.

barbult said:

NorthOf45 said:

dortybassa said:

There are older sales still running, which give additional discounts for having three items from the same selection sets 

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,437

barbult said:

NorthOf45 said:

dortybassa said:

Very true. Obviously, I have not tried it yet... 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

...was awaymost of the day so I missed the orange banner deal..

Ah well, more money saved. 

• Well, guess DAZ somewhat lost me in the shopping- and discount-chain.

The Walter 9 HD Pro Bundle would have been an instant buy in earlier days. But I did not find recent sales attractive enough to stock up on tokens so my current tokens are 0. And without those and without any orange banner (from a recent purchase) all I can seem to get is the Pro Bundle for $65 if bought together with some texture addons bringing the cart to $76. Too much for me to think about getting and uninstalling other stuff to make room for this dude unfortunately.

Seems my shopping diet will continue then. Maybe he'll show up again at March Madness.

$76 for me total as well with 3 proucts and the bundle If this is the new way, I'm done with bundles. Even Walter by himself too high. Oh well, DAZ is forcing me to do what I should have done a long time ago, stop buying. 

• daveso said:

$76 for me total as well with 3 proucts and the bundle If this is the new way, I'm done with bundles. Even Walter by himself too high. Oh well, DAZ is forcing me to do what I should have done a long time ago, stop buying. 

Yeah, and starting with Jenny 9, it seems like they're throwing alternate shapes in with the bundle and splitting them into three deparate items to pad them out, same with Walter, yet managing to charge more than, say, Olympia 9 whose bundle was not only cheaper, had more items including an environment and early adopters got alternative shapes to boot. Not gonna lie, good on them for including the shapes now instead of destroying the illusion of exclusivity by bringing them back when they need a big sale gimmick, but take those away from Walter and Jenny and you get far less for more money.

daveso said:

I really tried... Very little from October till January after Daz+ expired.  $5 for the Michelle for Michael bundle tempted me back... Of course there was $65 extra to get there lol 

dortybassa said:

daveso said:

I really tried... Very little from October till January after Daz+ expired.  $5 for the Michelle for Michael bundle tempted me back... Of course there was $65 extra to get there lol 

I've seen a few people mention the $5 deal for Michelle, but I didn't even get remotely close to that. 

edited January 25

daveso said:

dortybassa said:

daveso said:

I've seen a few people mention the $5 deal for Michelle, but I didn't even get remotely close to that. 

To get the deal I had to get My Daz+ (so 40% off and then I had a 15% code.. topped it up to $40 for the 4 tokens).    Then I actually only payed $2.49 for the Michelle bundle had to be with 2 other New Releases and got HID Selene and KOO Ephraim.

I felt really happy for the deal apart from the $35 outlay on Daz+ but you can really then just get a nice new Daz Original for the next 12 months if you want and wait for the Novemeber sales lol... See how I do with that model, waiting for the killer deals not the New Releases! 

Post edited by TriCounter on
  • ElorElor Posts: 1,096
    edited January 25

daveso said:

It required stacking three discounts:

• a 30 % discount for owning one or more Michael 9 bundles.
    • a 30 % discount due to your participation in the Advent Calendar (no idea if there was threshold in how much you spent during the Advent Calendar)
    • a final discount when you got at least three new items in your cart (one of them being the bundle).

The cheapest you could get the bundle was by having a new item between $10-11 (clothes by Sue Yee and maybe a couple of other products) and the texture pack for the Victorian outfit alongside the bundle in your cart.

If you still had the $6 Daz+ coupon, the Victorian Outfit was the only other Daz Originals eligible to get all the discounts involved and to use the whole $6.

Post edited by Elor on
  • theflarftheflarf Posts: 137

How is the lightning sale to cart price increase issue still ongoing... 

• Two days, two short-term orange banner coupon codes with no stated expiration that are added in a short window which happens to be while I'm asleep to when I'm barely waking up, that are no longer valid by the time I try to use them. And can't even post about it without fighting log-in five times...

Korpin.Sulat said:

Two days, two short-term orange banner coupon codes with no stated expiration that are added in a short window which happens to be while I'm asleep to when I'm barely waking up, that are no longer valid by the time I try to use them. And can't even post about it without fighting log-in five times...

Waking up at 6AM, the first thing I do, is to check if they came up with some US-oriented flash sale or banner.
    Gives 3 hours before Daz midnight

This discussion has been closed.