There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• Well, seems it was a good idea to whislist the Walter Bundle yesterday. Together with the two addons (which I unfortunately had not wishlisted) the cart came down to $44 which was fair enough to get for me although not having a single token.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

Yes, Wishlisted Walter Pro Bundle came down to $22 and change with 6 tokens smiley
    Now collecting wishlisted DO items between $1 and $2 at 90-94% off
    Current cart total; $46.43 at 91% off

This could be an expensive day blush

• borgtrekkerborgtrekker Posts: 112

Hi, what is secret to 50% off My Wishlisted items when put in cart stay same price instead of extra discount??  Is there a special code for this to occur?

• ElorElor Posts: 1,096

Are you adding items that were your wishlist prior to today ?

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,693

^^They should just automatically reduce to an extra 50% off in cart. But as Elor points out, they need to have been in the wishlist prior to today (26th Jan, Daz time).

No other conditions seem to be present - works on new items, even new PA items, Daz+ items, etc. and it's an EXTRA 50% off whatever's already being discounted.

edited January 26

The 50% discount is also already taken into account by Lightning Deals' price, so, if you are adding an LD in your cart, you won't get a cheaper price.

Post edited by Elor on
  • FantastArtFantastArt Posts: 281

Hello, is there a visible time frame where we can see if the 8h period is over?

I don't think there is, but the current period started ~4h ago, when the day started.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

Collected a 43 item cart with Walter Pro Bundle for $80.14 at 93% off (subtotal $1121)

I don't like pulling the trigger at this time of the day as usually they will introduce additional benefits during Daz working hours, plus the tokens will expire one day earlier.
    But with the wishlist selection rotating in less than 4 hours, I can either take my chances with the next rotation or suffer the consequences of premature triggering... blush

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,314
    edited January 26

My Wishlist is almost all new stuff not on sale yet, so even with the 50% and 8 tokens, it's only 65% off. I'll wait for better in a month or two. I just bought a cart full of stuff including Walter yesterday (tokens + the 20% of 2 coupon got him to $28, so eh, I'll live.)

Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,776

i still  cant figure out how all you getting things so cheap. I try to manipulate cart content for biggest bang and I'm still way higher than i will spend.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,776

hmm..just went back to my cart with all the wishlist savings and now most of the items jumped way up in price. the discount fell off. another clear cart sessions. 

• TriCounterTriCounter Posts: 505

daveso said:

hmm..just went back to my cart with all the wishlist savings and now most of the items jumped way up in price. the discount fell off. another clear cart sessions. 

Yes, it looks like we have moved on to the next 8 hour period of the sale.. A couple of items in my cart jumped up.  

There are G9 bundles in my wishlist that are 75% off, so jump right up with the wishlist discount and then any tokens.

I've wanted the Kala Bundle (72% off before wishlist/token discount) for a while which is $15 in my cart I have a few other items and am using 3 tokens I have and the Jan PA $6 code too 

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 328

Don't really like those rotating sales, I just end up skipping all choices untill late night in case there is some extra flash sale or banner.

Would prefer if they just gave us three baskets and force pick from only one.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,307

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Well, seems it was a good idea to whislist the Walter Bundle yesterday. Together with the two addons (which I unfortunately had not wishlisted) the cart came down to $44 which was fair enough to get for me although not having a single token.

Grr - I wish I'd wishlisted yesterday!

Still, I got some bargains from my wishlist anyway...

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636

MelanieL said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Well, seems it was a good idea to whislist the Walter Bundle yesterday. Together with the two addons (which I unfortunately had not wishlisted) the cart came down to $44 which was fair enough to get for me although not having a single token.

Grr - I wish I'd wishlisted yesterday!

Still, I got some bargains from my wishlist anyway...

Same here. I wish I had wishlisted the Walter bundle instead of buying it with extra 20% coupon. I could have saved about $11

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,158

Well, this wishlist sale sucked me in. Hard to resist 80% off.

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,957

Daz is a menace, it is relentlessly attacking our wallets, and we must put a stop to it once and fo* WAIT, you mean there's a 50% off anything sale from my wishlist!? ...

Uhhh, what was I saying?

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 328

Pretty amazing sale, especially if you have a lot of items on Wishlist. Big potential for discount combos of Wishlist + Artists + 8h Random. Add tokens and coupons and its one of the fattest cart i ran away with in a while :D

• theflarf said:

How is the lightning sale to cart price increase issue still ongoing... 

Just today an item went from 82% off to 72% off. I put in for the refund. Even small amounts add up real quick and maybe doing all the refunds will get generate some action.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,846
    I suspect the action it will generate is a further slow down in customer service response. Why does Daz continue to knowingly charge more than the advertised price? Take down Lightning Deals if you can't process them as advertised.
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

well every time that happens I don't buy the Lightning deal so it saves me 100%yes

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited January 27

Silent Winter said:

^^They should just automatically reduce to an extra 50% off in cart. But as Elor points out, they need to have been in the wishlist prior to today (26th Jan, Daz time).

No other conditions seem to be present - works on new items, even new PA items, Daz+ items, etc. and it's an EXTRA 50% off whatever's already being discounted.

...however if you plan to use a Daz+ coupon you can't have any new items in the cart. Figured this would be a good time to use my PA coupon before months end.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 721

I had high hopes for the wishlist sale, but so far the selection's only changed once, and I've seen all that stuff cheaper without the extra discounts.

Maybe tomorrow...

It changed every 8h, so three time already and the next change is scheduled in a bit more than 7 hours.

edited January 27

Elor said:

It changed every 8h, so three time already and the next change is scheduled in a bit more than 7 hours.

I realize that's how it's advertised and supposed to work, and maybe it is working like that for other people. That's not what I'm seeing on my wishlist, though, and I've been checking back every time I check the lightning sales. (And my sleep schedule's bonkers enough that I very rarely miss that three-hour window, no matter what time of day it is.)

Post edited by SilverGirl on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

...I thought it was going to be just a one day event so I used my coupon.  Now I see different items on my wishlist that are on the sale list..

You never know around here anymore. Guess we need to hone our telpathy skils. 

edited January 27

SilverGirl said:

I realize that's how it's advertised and supposed to work, and maybe it is working like that for other people. That's not what I'm seeing on my wishlist, though, and I've been checking back every time I check the lightning sales. (And my sleep schedule's bonkers enough that I very rarely miss that three-hour window, no matter what time of day it is.)

Something like 3700 to 4000 items are part of the sale during an 8 hours window, but other promotions are active and part of your wishlist will be impacted by them too.

If you want to see the items discounted during the current 8 hours window, you need (today), to go to the sale page, then click the 'OVER 3,700 ITEMS' button:

Winter Weekend Wishlist Special

50% off a new selection of Items

EVERY 8 HOURS

60% off* when you include any New Release over $1

OVER 3,700 ITEMS

That selection did change every 8 hours.

kyoto kid said:

...I thought it was going to be just a one day event so I used my coupon.

Yesterday, it was called 'Winter Weekend Wishlist Special':

winter_weekend.jpg
    800 x 469 - 86K
    Post edited by Elor on

Elor said:

SilverGirl said:

Something like 3700 to 4000 items are part of the sale during an 8 hours window, but other promotions are active and part of your wishlist will be impacted by them too.

If you want to see the items discounted during the current 8 hours window, you need (today), to go to the sale page, then click the 'OVER 3,700 ITEMS' button:

Whether nearly 4k items change is irrelevant if I'm not interested in them. My point stands that I had high hopes that it would be a good sale for me, but since it's not impacting my wishlist, it's therefore useless to me.  If others are having better luck, cheers to them. with it going all weekend, maybe I'll get lucky and something will rotate through that I'm interested in for a price that's tempting.

• Discounting the buy-ins, the other items in my cart were 90-96% off yesterday. Without tokens. And most of them were G9 era releases too.

Generational sale + bundle of joy code and it's two new releases buy-in (which triggered the other sales' new release buy-in discounts) + 8 hour rotation sale + 50% off wishlist sale + the various artist sales.

One of the best sales I've seen because of the amount of G9 stuff I picked up at prices I've not seen them at yet. People with tokens must've been laughing.

This discussion has been closed.