There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898

SilverGirl said:

Elor said:

It changed every 8h, so three time already and the next change is scheduled in a bit more than 7 hours.

I realize that's how it's advertised and supposed to work, and maybe it is working like that for other people. That's not what I'm seeing on my wishlist, though,

For what it's worth, I too have the impression that the items didn't change after 8 hours. But then again, its' entirely possible that I'm missing something. This current promotion is once again rather complicated and I can't be bothered to spend too much time decyphering it.

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 721

Hylas said:

SilverGirl said:

Elor said:

It changed every 8h, so three time already and the next change is scheduled in a bit more than 7 hours.

I realize that's how it's advertised and supposed to work, and maybe it is working like that for other people. That's not what I'm seeing on my wishlist, though,

For what it's worth, I too have the impression that the items didn't change after 8 hours. But then again, its' entirely possible that I'm missing something. This current promotion is once again rather complicated and I can't be bothered to spend too much time decyphering it.

Thanks for the validation :) After the 1/7th sale didn't turn out to be a different 1/7th as the text implied... well, I think I can be forgiven for wondering if anything was actually happening.

• ElorElor Posts: 1,096

SilverGirl said:

Whether nearly 4k items change is irrelevant if I'm not interested in them. My point stands that I had high hopes that it would be a good sale for me, but since it's not impacting my wishlist, it's therefore useless to me.  If others are having better luck, cheers to them. with it going all weekend, maybe I'll get lucky and something will rotate through that I'm interested in for a price that's tempting.

You're free to be disapointed by the sale, but a part of your first message was that the selection only changed once, which is false and was the element I was answering to.

• Discounting the buy-ins, items in my cart were 90-96% off yesterday. Without tokens. And most of them were G9 era releases too.

Generational sale + bundle of joy code and it's two new releases buy-in (which triggered the other sales' new release buy-in discounts) + 8 hour rotation sale + 50% off wishlist sale + the various artist sales.

One of the best sales I've seen because of the amount of G9 stuff I picked up at prices I've not seen them at yet. People with tokens must've been laughing.

• SilverGirl said:

Hylas said:

SilverGirl said:

Elor said:

Thanks for the validation :) After the 1/7th sale didn't turn out to be a different 1/7th as the text implied... well, I think I can be forgiven for wondering if anything was actually happening.

Wishlist items are 50% off, regardless - it's all items already in the WL. There is a separate, changing, grab-bag sale which is not linked to the wishlist. The two may overlap, and stack, if you are lucky.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,418

I think I've had pretty good luck with the Wishlist Sale so far. At the same time, it was a good opportunity to remove things from the list that have been lying dormant for generations - and to add even more new stuff to the list. You never know if there won't be another sale like this relatively soon.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,012

caravelle said:

I think I've had pretty good luck with the Wishlist Sale so far. At the same time, it was a good opportunity to remove things from the list that have been lying dormant for generations - and to add even more new stuff to the list. You never know if there won't be another sale like this relatively soon.

One can never have too many items on the wishlist wink 

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317
    PerttiA said:

caravelle said:

One can never have too many items on the wishlist wink 

Although I am not a fan of tokens, this sale if you have a lot of wish listed items was very good. I used enough wish list items to get a $80 cart at 80% or more off. Then I got to repeat with tokens with getting 95% off. I missed getting tokens using the generations special or it would have been even better.
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited January 28

caravelle said:

...yeah been getting some pretty decent deals particularly as I've been able to supplement them with my Daz+ and the Survey coupons..  

Post edited by kyoto kid on

Took some time, and had to ditch some new items that I would have liked (wishlisted them), but 25 items for $40 at 91% off is good enough smiley

edited January 30

PerttiA said:

Took some time, and had to ditch some new items that I would have liked (wishlisted them), but 25 items for $40 at 91% off is good enough smiley

And then they fixed the "Daz+ Super Sale"... Ditched the ones from that one and went back to "special-featured-artist-savings" to collect more Daz+ items
    Now 28 items in the cart for $40 at 93% off (subtotal $579.77)

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 721

For anyone who doesn't regularly check the rotating cards - a couple new flash sales are up.

edited January 30

PerttiA said:

PerttiA said:

And then they fixed the "Daz+ Super Sale"... Ditched the ones from that one and went back to "special-featured-artist-savings" to collect more Daz+ items

...how did you get that big of a discount?  I only get the discount shown 0in the sale page and at an average of 3$ per item, 28 products would be 84$.

edited January 31

kyoto kid said:

PerttiA said:

PerttiA said:

...how did you get that big of a discount?  I only get the discount shown 0in the sale page and at an average of 3$ per item, 28 products would be 84$.

Had 8 tokens blush

Four "Bundle New Releases" and the rest were Daz+ items around or under $1

edited January 31

...thanks, Was wondering if I missed a coupon banner deal, or somethung. 

Only have 2 tokens here.

• edited January 31

The selection for the 2 freebie frenzy coupons is older items (I think G2 is the latest), so pretty slim pickings, but it does include some nice older hairs. I picked up https://www.daz3d.com/torianna-hair (Genesis 1).

For the newcomers, you can get very good results from older hair with much less work than with most older clothing: 1. DON'T autofit; use Parent in Place, after tweaking the position. (This keeps original morphs) 2. Style. 3. Hair color options for older hair:  apply Iray base shader after selecting a material; apply other hair shaders (I love https://www.daz3d.com/uht-hair-shaders-for-iray); or (for mid to background figures) a product like https://www.daz3d.com/resource-saver-shaders-collection-for-iray

Post edited by miladyderyni_173d399f47 on
  • 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,300

Well that is my store credit gone - I need a really good gift card sale to buy any more... indecision

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,866

Best looking tie I've seen on the SPR Campus Suit. For some reason I thought it was for G8.1 as well as G9, but no. Autofit (CS or MM) mangles it; so, I'll have to try another approach.

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,158

3Ddreamer said:

Well that is my store credit gone - I need a really good gift card sale to buy any more... indecision

So is mine. I couldn't resist the orange banner.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,776

well, I think this month is the lowest amount I've spent in a month maybe ever? I didn't even use my DAZ+ PA coupon.  $16.25 spent. . $129.66 in December, 161 in November, $98.62 October, .. this is where I'm normally at ... My goal is to be like January. Hoping for great sales. 

• I got some mileage out of the wishlist sale, but I need to be more selective. It's time for me to buy less and use more.

(narrator: And then there was a sale with a great stacking discount...)

Had a look at todays offers and so far it looks like it's going to be an expensive day... Starting with the Xola 9 Pro bundle at $17.65... surprise

Have to dig in deeper when I get home

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636

Not sure why I should ever believe DAZ. The orange banner I got yesterday clearly said 'TODAY ONLY' so I used it yesterday. And now I can't use it to get a good discount on the Xola 9 Pro bundle even though the offer is still up. 

Not sure why I should ever believe DAZ. The orange banner I got yesterday clearly said 'TODAY ONLY' so I used it yesterday. And now I can't use it to get a good discount on the Xola 9 Pro bundle even though the offer is still up. 

On the survey I said they needed to start being clear with time frames on how long each special will last for. Yesterday, I thought to myself, maybe the coupon will still be usable today, so i didnt use it... and it was.
    edited February 1
    PerttiA said:

Had a look at todays offers and so far it looks like it's going to be an expensive day... Starting with the Xola 9 Pro bundle at $17.65... surprise

If you still have the 30% off coupon and you put in as your other 4 items daz pro bundles from the matching artists, then put 3 add ons into your cart, then 2 new releases from the 2 categories that trigger the bonus 20% off entire cart, the 4 pro bundles become 95% off if you have 8 tokens. Today Khan 9 may finally be mine for $6.11.
    Post edited by XiousDs on
  • Me? I am just trying to figure out why they have 3, count them, 3 banners that go to the same (as far as I can tell) sales page for Xola 9. 

• miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

Me? I am just trying to figure out why they have 3, count them, 3 banners that go to the same (as far as I can tell) sales page for Xola 9. 

Showing of the different shapes.

• Charlie Judge said:

I am even more p***** - I'm nearly 100% sure that there wasn't even a hint saying that this coupon was limited to a particular day. So I've used it. Now it says today only. Would have waited for the potential Thursday Pro Bundle release otherwise. Really sucks big time.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Charlie Judge said:

I am even more p***** - I'm nearly 100% sure that there wasn't even a hint saying that this coupon was limited to a particular day. So I've used it. Now it says today only. Would have waited for the potential Thursday Pro Bundle release otherwise. Really sucks big time.

Well, if something says "Today Only" it is a hint for me that it can only be used that day. So I used it yesterday. 

edited February 1

XiousDs said:

PerttiA said:

If you still have the 30% off coupon and you put in as your other 4 items daz pro bundles from the matching artists, then put 3 add ons into your cart, then 2 new releases from the 2 categories that trigger the bonus 20% off entire cart, the 4 pro bundles become 95% off if you have 8 tokens. Today Khan 9 may finally be mine for $6.11.

Got scared that they would remove the coupon after the complaints and pulled the trigger once I got the cart down to 90% off for $70, still left me with $13 and change in store credit - Could use a gift card sale now blush

This discussion has been closed.