There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• ElorElor Posts: 1,096

Rod Wise Driggo said:

I'm nearly 100% sure that there wasn't even a hint saying that this coupon was limited to a particular day. So I've used it.

It said Today Only yesterday and as far as I remember, it said it since it appeared in our message box.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636

Elor said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

I'm nearly 100% sure that there wasn't even a hint saying that this coupon was limited to a particular day. So I've used it.

It said Today Only yesterday and as far as I remember, it said it since it appeared in our message box.

Same here. Yesterday mine clearly said 'TODAY ONLY' which is the only reason I used it yesterday 

• Ah, the voucher is good today too? That would certainly have changed things. 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,776

nevermind . I give up trying to figure out these sales and saving a buck. I read that post from XiousDs and my head almost exploded. If you still have the 30% off coupon and you put in as your other 4 items daz pro bundles from the matching artists, then put 3 add ons into your cart, then 2 new releases from the 2 categories that trigger the bonus 20% off entire cart, the 4 pro bundles become 95% off if you have 8 tokens. Today Khan 9 may finally be mine for $6.11.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636

ainm.sloinneadh said:

Ah, the voucher is good today too? That would certainly have changed things. 

Yes, assuming you didn't believe DAZ when they said "TODAY ONLY' and didn't use it yesterday. 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Charlie Judge said:

ainm.sloinneadh said:

Yes, assuming you didn't believe DAZ when they said "TODAY ONLY' and didn't use it yesterday. 

I have passed on several such coupons (even ones for 50% off) because the the stacking discounts available didn't stack far enough, yesterday was such a day.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,866

PerttiA said:

XiousDs said:

PerttiA said:

Had a look at todays offers and so far it looks like it's going to be an expensive day... Starting with the Xola 9 Pro bundle at $17.65... surprise

Have to dig in deeper when I get home

If you still have the 30% off coupon and you put in as your other 4 items daz pro bundles from the matching artists, then put 3 add ons into your cart, then 2 new releases from the 2 categories that trigger the bonus 20% off entire cart, the 4 pro bundles become 95% off if you have 8 tokens. Today Khan 9 may finally be mine for $6.11.

Got scared that they would remove the coupon after the complaints and pulled the trigger once I got the cart down to 90% off for $70, still left me with $13 and change in store credit - Could use a gift card sale now blush

Tomorrow if Xola's figures are low. 

• PerttiA said:

Charlie Judge said:

ainm.sloinneadh said:

I have passed on several such coupons (even ones for 50% off) because the the stacking discounts available didn't stack far enough, yesterday was such a day.

Ditto. I took a look yesterday and nothing interested me so I just let the coupon go. I didn't even look at the fine print on it - 30% wasn't enough to make anything available yesterday interesting enough to use it. Today, the stacking discount is there and I would've bought into it without this coupon, but having the coupon be there was a nice extra.

• paulawp (marahzen) said:

I got some mileage out of the wishlist sale, but I need to be more selective. It's time for me to buy less and use more.

(narrator: And then there was a sale with a great stacking discount...)

Um, yeah. 

• NinefoldNinefold Posts: 256

I'm laughing with you, not at you. And also crying with you. And also crying with my wallet.

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317
    edited February 2
    PerttiA said:

XiousDs said:

PerttiA said:

Had a look at todays offers and so far it looks like it's going to be an expensive day... Starting with the Xola 9 Pro bundle at $17.65... surprise

Have to dig in deeper when I get home

If you still have the 30% off coupon and you put in as your other 4 items daz pro bundles from the matching artists, then put 3 add ons into your cart, then 2 new releases from the 2 categories that trigger the bonus 20% off entire cart, the 4 pro bundles become 95% off if you have 8 tokens. Today Khan 9 may finally be mine for $6.11.

Got scared that they would remove the coupon after the complaints and pulled the trigger once I got the cart down to 90% off for $70, still left me with $13 and change in store credit - Could use a gift card sale now blush

I got my whole cart down to 92% off. For $100 and cents, it included the Xola9 pro bundle, Lehr 9 pro bundle, Maryam Pro 9 bundle, Huang 9 Pro bundle, Khan 9 Pro bundle, 4 horse men starter bundle, and 19 other things like the horse deforce pro materials, the new daz plus polaris stuff, teen essentials, and other add on items. A few things I had to get to trigger the discounts that I would have passed on normally, but everything was useful to me to some degree, and most of everything was wanted.
    Post edited by XiousDs on
  • It was ugly, but it's over. 48 items at 86% off, including the Xola pro bundle and a bunch of today's other new releases, plus 18 wishlist items (almost all really recent, on sale for the first time). 

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 721

Ninefold said:

I'm laughing with you, not at you. And also crying with you. And also crying with my wallet.

Solidarity. Even though I'm trying to be good and save up for March Madness... 

• DripDrip Posts: 1,182

For those who didn't get the DAZ+ exclusive environments by Polish yet: look at todays' special DAZ+ deal on the main sales page very closely wink

• Dude yes, first thing I did was filter high to low. Wow!

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,883

Drip said:

For those who didn't get the DAZ+ exclusive environments by Polish yet: look at todays' special DAZ+ deal on the main sales page very closely wink

It worked for me even without a qualifying item in the cart, so yay!

• I had actually bought the Sci-Fi Rusty Railyard in the past, but refunded it because my card couldn't handle even loading in a single subset of it. But I finally scrounged up enough to get a 4060 ti 16gb which should be here Monday, so I'm glad I get a second go-round with it.

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 328
    edited February 3

Drip said:

Dont see any  mention of one time use so assuming you can roll this deal infinitely?

Edit* Yup seems to be working multiple times!

Post edited by Tomhip on
  • theflarftheflarf Posts: 137

Drip said:

I feel like i'm missing something obvious here? 

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 328

theflarf said:

Drip said:

I feel like i'm missing something obvious here? 

There is a banner deal called "Daz+ Deals Weekend" =>  Pick a new item for over $1 and you can grab 3 items for $1.99 from the bucket. Among those are a few nice envs by Polish.

Drip said:

I saw that this morning and I was stoked. Cool to know you can do it as many times as you like. I have to figure out what I want now.
  • Has anyone else a 20% off banner for today's new, featured artists and ghostly items? Mine doesn't appear to be doing anything.

• KerseyKersey Posts: 56

Have the banner too. It works partly for todays new releases. Discount is 37% instead for the usual 30%, which is an extra 10% discount (not 20%). But it doesn't seem to work at all for featured artists or ghastly goodies.

• I have the banner as well, but it does not work for me either. New releases are already 37% off, thanks to the extra 10% off from the "Deals Weekend" promo. So, with an extra 20% off, they should come at around 50%, which they don't.

I will purchase an item anyway, get Polish's Old Library for $1.99 along the way and open a ticket with Daz to try to get a refund...

Kersey said:

Have the banner too. It works partly for todays new releases. Discount is 37% instead for the usual 30%, which is an extra 10% discount (not 20%). But it doesn't seem to work at all for featured artists or ghastly goodies.

Ya, I get don't get the extra 20% off from the banner message for ghastly goodies either. Just the extra 40% off for being a daz+ member.
  • doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,114
    edited February 5
    Suppose it had to happen sooner or later: Daz just lost a sale from me due to the "first thirty days" exclusives (a rotten concept). Discovered that Maryam 9 discounted nicely in cart and thought "Hmm, I do like some of the clothes and the toon shape." Then I realized that it's been over 30 days since release, so the bundle has been stripped of part of its value. :|
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
    Suppose it had to happen sooner or later: Daz just lost a sale from me due to the "first thirty days" exclusives (a rotten concept). Discovered that Maryam 9 discounted nicely in cart and thought "Hmm, I do like some of the clothes and the toon shape." Then I realized that it's been over 30 days since release, so the bundle has been stripped of part of its value. :|
    I got her for like $9 so I didn't much care that it lost her alternate shapes. I really wanted her base shape and clothes.
  • benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,950

doubledeviant said:

Yep, same here only with Wang. Almost bought him the other day, realized the toon shape wasn't included and didn't buy anything. 

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,114
    edited February 5
    Survey coupon is rather generous and seems to apply to any DOs except non-stacking discount offers. Pushed Xola over the edge from "pass" to "buy". Pro bundle, all textures, car, two Daz+, and a nice $0.84 classic find (to even out the cart for an extra token) for $30.11 total.

(I did have eight tokens from smaller purchases throughout the week.)
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,776
    edited February 6

post deleted as it was a duplicate. 

Post edited by daveso on
This discussion has been closed.