There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• Tossed Blouses should be fixed now.

Two Linday items seem to be adding 20% to those featured new, and some others I had in my cart - is there still an issue or has it been resolved in fixing the other issue?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

well I did use WISH-UPON-A-LIST to buy an ancient software Wrinkle3D that never goes on sale with Sanjay HD which was 65% off as the trigger

looks like I need to add a couple really cheap maybe old DAZ+ things to my Wishlist in case of sales like this in future

although 70% and 65% is not too bad I really couldn't afford two dearer things even discounted

absolutely none of my cheaper items were discounted at all

• EaldwulfEaldwulf Posts: 18
    edited February 8

Tossed Blouses seems to be fixed, but the additional discount provided by 2 or more items from the Featured Artists Store is still not applying to the Feature New Releaes as can be seen in the attachments: 

Edit:  found that it takes 3 items from the stores to trigger thetra 20% instead of 2 that the promotion states

Promotion.png
    970 x 120 - 30K
    Cart.png
    652 x 693 - 127K
    Post edited by Ealdwulf on
  • Yacht String Bikini is not one of the items in the list for Linday, so it isn't triggering the discount. The Inside Linday's Scenes item is in the category, as are numerous others.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,156

PerttiA said:

Torquinox said:

I'm sure something enticing will happen sometime this month.

Release of Genesis X, with separate genders, proper body topography and interactive AI? cheeky

Haha! Probably not anything like that.

edited February 8

daveso said:

Geez, pile the rules on until who wants it?

In practice, it turns an item in your wishlist into 70% off in the cart with the coupon. So if the item was 80% off without the coupon, it's 70% off with the coupon. Negative progress. 

Post edited by Torquinox on

All this weirdness leaves me cold. I'll wait for a simpler sale and hope the discount is enticing.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

Torquinox said:

daveso said:

Geez, pile the rules on until who wants it?

In practice, it turns an item in your wishlist into 70% off in the cart with the coupon. So if the item was 80% off without the coupon, it's 70% off with the coupon. Negative progress. 

yeah only good as said for things never discounted above 50% or at all

having to add another WL item makes it rather limited 

• theflarftheflarf Posts: 137

I have to say, my daz+ membership ran out at the start of this month, and currently (and with how things have been last few months) I can't say I feel inclined to resub, 

The amount of caveats with each offer, makes it a chore to actually find anything 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636

Because of various discounts today you can buy both the two seperate bundles and the 3 extras included in the "Mega Bundle - Marley and Herlinda for Genesis 9"  for about $30 less than buying the megabundle by itself.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013
    edited February 8

Charlie Judge said:

Because of various discounts today you can buy both the two seperate bundles and the 3 extras included in the "Mega Bundle - Marley and Herlinda for Genesis 9"  for about $30 less than buying the megabundle by itself.

Using 8 tokens;

The two separate bundles and the three extras = $33.96
    The Mega bundle plus three cheapest Featured Artists = $31.80

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636

PerttiA said:

Charlie Judge said:

Using 8 tokens;

The two separate bundles and the three extras = $33.96
    The Mega bundle plus three cheapest Featured Artists = $31.80

True. I just compared the two separate bundles and the three extras vs the Mega bundle by itself without any other items and no tokens.

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,182
    edited February 8

{What on earth?} - Had a nice cart but now some of the FA items are only 40% off in total and probably no longer counting towards the general 40% off?! Could it be that the FA list is too long (does include lots of artists) and now only the new releases artists products count? Does in any case look like a bug to me.

OK - seems that the FA selection included products no longer triggering the 40% extra discount. 

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

There seems to be a trend... One should not look at the store on Thursdays if one wants to keep ones wallet happy...

Current cart has 8 new items and 18 older items for $40 at 93% off (with 8 tokens) frown

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 317
    PerttiA said:

There seems to be a trend... One should not look at the store on Thursdays if one wants to keep ones wallet happy...

Current cart has 8 new items and 18 older items for $40 at 93% off (with 8 tokens) frown

Ya, if you have 8 tokens, you can achieve some pretty good discounts today. I used up my tokens 2 days ago as they were about to expire. I used them with the $10 survey coupon on 4 of the haunted character items (pestilence man, death dog, horror mouth, and blood splatter) to get the 4 items for $1.08 out of pocket.
  • PerttiA said:

16 older items plus 8 new ones for $40 total. How did you compose that. All new releases from today?

• PerttiA said:

Most of my tokens had expired at midnight on Tuesday, so I'm navigating this with a mere 2 tokens this week. (I wanted to buy something on Monday/Tuesday but the right deals and right stuff - for me - were just not there, and I let the tokens go.) I'm not fully committed to the cart but I have mustered 80-something % off with just the two tokens and one of my Daz+ coupons. Maybe, we'll see. Definitely Thursdays lead to unhappy wallets around here though ... wink 

Rod Wise Driggo said:

PerttiA said:

16 older items plus 8 new ones for $40 total. How did you compose that. All new releases from today?

Four are todays new releases and the rest are new releases from those other promotions that are still running, most of the items are DO, some Daz+.
    Ditched the fixed 90% off items from the cart because they didn't stack with other discounts and replaced them with 93-96% off items.

edited February 9

Is the wishlist discount working for anyone else?
    (The items on my wishlist that I tried, have been there before Feb 1st)

• ElorElor Posts: 1,096
    edited February 9

Adding Vick for Victoria in my cart made the price goes down, from a 51% discount to a 66% one, which is, if I'm correct, a 30 % discount, the wish-list discount.

I don't know if that product is the subject of another discount somewhere in the myriad of currently active promotions.

Edit: I found one product without any discount in my wish-list and it did get the 30 % wish-list discount.

Post edited by Elor on

Elor said:

Adding Vick for Victoria in my cart made the price goes down, from a 51% discount to a 66% one, which is, if I'm correct, a 30 % discount, the wish-list discount.

I don't know if that product is the subject of another discount somewhere in the myriad of currently active promotions.

Edit: I found one product without any discount in my wish-list and it did get the 30 % wish-list discount.

I was comparing items (same selection, same price) that were on my wishlist to ones that werent, and I was getting the same discount... Need to dig in deeper when I get home - Looks like another expensive day as I'm at $129 and 91% off even without using tokens or coupons...

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,793

doubledeviant said:

Survey coupon is rather generous and seems to apply to any DOs except non-stacking discount offers. Pushed Xola over the edge from "pass" to "buy". Pro bundle, all textures, car, two Daz+, and a nice $0.84 classic find (to even out the cart for an extra token) for $30.11 total.

(I did have eight tokens from smaller purchases throughout the week.)

What survey coupon? 

• Wonderland said:

doubledeviant said:

Survey coupon is rather generous and seems to apply to any DOs except non-stacking discount offers. Pushed Xola over the edge from "pass" to "buy". Pro bundle, all textures, car, two Daz+, and a nice $0.84 classic find (to even out the cart for an extra token) for $30.11 total.

(I did have eight tokens from smaller purchases throughout the week.)

What survey coupon? 

SOCIAL-SURVEY

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,688

Seriously good sale today everyone, lots of stacking and combining going on! Play around a bit maybe. new(er) stuff is also really affordable right now if it's been on your wishlist and you manage to get the 40% off the cart deal from the valentine's promo. I just bought 29 things for 90 bucks, most of them from the past few months, and not cheap either. Maybe hurry a bit, before the rules change wink

• NathNath Posts: 2,770

tsroemi said:

Seriously good sale today everyone, lots of stacking and combining going on! Play around a bit maybe. new(er) stuff is also really affordable right now if it's been on your wishlist and you manage to get the 40% off the cart deal from the valentine's promo. I just bought 29 things for 90 bucks, most of them from the past few months, and not cheap either. Maybe hurry a bit, before the rules change wink

I did something similar :-) Except I split my purchase to first maximise my tokens, and then purchased a second round, using some of the oldest cheapest items from the Animal category to reduce prices. Saved about $100 extra *g* and now only have about 20 items in my wishlist (which I may or may not keep listed)

edited February 9

tsroemi said:

Need to get off work and buy a new prepaid card first, old one all used up already...
    Yesterday was good, today looks better

Ps. the cheapest items in Valentine promo (in Featured Artists) are about $4 together and that gives 40% off the cart

• PerttiA said:

tsroemi said:

Need to get off work and buy a new prepaid card first, old one all used up already...

Ps. the cheapest items in Valentine promo (in Featured Artists) are about $4 together and that gives 40% off the cart

Can it be used more than once? I still have the dilemma of having only 2 tokens to start. 

paulawp (marahzen) said:

PerttiA said:

tsroemi said:

Can it be used more than once? I still have the dilemma of having only 2 tokens to start. 

If you are referring to Valentines 40% off, I used it yesterday and it's working today. If it was just one time deal, there would be a coupon with restrictions on it.

Back home now... Need to start figuring out the best deal, as I also have just 4 tokens from yesterday.

• PerttiA said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

PerttiA said:

tsroemi said:

If you are referring to Valentines 40% off, I used it yesterday and it's working today. If it was just one time deal, there would be a coupon with restrictions on it.

Back home now... Need to start figuring out the best deal, as I also have just 4 tokens from yesterday.

OK, great. I have to get to work too - it looks like basically everything in my wishlist, which was largely stuff from about November 2023 onward that was too new for the last really good wishlist sales, is on sale. 

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,688

paulawp (marahzen) said:

PerttiA said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

PerttiA said:

tsroemi said:

OK, great. I have to get to work too - it looks like basically everything in my wishlist, which was largely stuff from about November 2023 onward that was too new for the last really good wishlist sales, is on sale. 

Oh dammit people, now you've gone and made me consider a second round ... 

This discussion has been closed.